Piedmont Pediatrics Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun place to work.
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2013
Over saw a busy seven doctor facility, and one nurse practioner, and handled their daily/monthly schedules. I was in charge of overseeing the front office staff of six, checked patients in/out, collected and balanced daily copays. Answered questions on billing issues when parents are checking out, entered new patients into BaseMed. Handled any questions about scheduling from the staff regarding patient appointments, and how the doctor’s would like the patient’s scheduled. Helped out the office manager as much as possible, and dealt with any issues that should arise when she’s not in. The hardest part of the job at the end was the drive. Having to sit in traffic for 11/2-2 hrs each way, when you lived 28 miles from the office without traffice.
Pros
took care of employees, great benifits
Well organized work place.
Pediatric Telephone Triage (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2012
A typical day at work started out with reviewing the night call list to see if anyone needed a follow-up. I would then schedule appointments for sick visits, this went on throughout the day. I also triaged calls to determine if a patient should be seen or if telephone advice was sufficient. I wrote Rx's for the MDs to review and sign. I called in Rx's that were authorized by the MDs. I called patients to advise them on labs, xrays, or special procedures.
The most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with the parents. I felt it was my job not only to advise them but to educate them also. The job in itself was not hard. I had a couple of managers and got along great with them both. They had differents approaches to management but their expectations were the same. Just do the job right.
Pros
great mds to work for, parents seem to really appreciate the advice.
Cons
traffic
close net work team
REVENUE CYCLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  warrenton, virginiaOctober 13, 2014
i enjoyed my job with this company. I enjoyed being able to help families with their accounts. I learned great values as a medical biller. my co-workers were very close and worked as a team. management was good with helping the team when needed. the most enjoyable part of my job was giving great customer service to the patients and their parents.
Pros
time off when having personal/family appointments
Cons
no overtime.
Great Atmosphere and Teamwork
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCOctober 14, 2013
A typical day begins with myself on the phone assessing pediatric patients and their needs to be seen vs. home treatment that can be explained over the phone. Also, in between calls, I help with refills, forms, and nurse visits.
The management is very flexible with the staff's needs. I would like to have a little more education offered to me, however, overall I would say management is pleasure to work for.
My co-workers are very easy to approach and make asking questions comfortable. Everyone is a team player and enjoys their role. A lot of going above and beyond attitude for our patients and even within our own team.
The hardest part of the job is the stress of irate people calling in. Triage is one of the main filters for most phone calls. With that being said, I enjoy when I am able to turn around someone who is unhappy into a person pleased with their service.
I LOVE being in the pediatric setting. I enjoy the opportunity to be a part of such a wonderful team in this outpatient setting. My dream is to continue and advance my skills in more of an inpatient setting and I am looking forward to the opportunity.
Pros
drug rep lunches
Cons
dealing with medicaid
Good place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 22, 2014
A typical day at work from the time you clock in most days until you leave for the evening is nonstop busy! That was fine by me as I don't like standing around idle. Working at Piedmont I learned how to triage phone calls if the patient needed to be seen immediately or if they just needed advise on what to do at home. Most of the coworkers had the same goals in mind that is to get the patients in the room in a timely manner and execute proper procedures ordered by the doctor. The hardest part of the job was seeing the really sick babies in the office and having to have them sent to the hospital. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the newborns and watching them grow as they come in monthly or bimonthly for their checkups.
Pros
pay is worth the job.
Cons
sometimes you may not get a break or shorter break due to work overflow.
it was a decent place to work
Medical records Clerk/ front desk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2014
the job itself was pretty fast paced, and it kept me busy. it was nice place to work. however the people that were over me and my coworkers i could definitely live without. the only skill i can say i learned form this job is proper communcation and customer service. my job was not hard at all to do; i was just busy 24/7 and always on my feet. the most enjoyable part of my job was when the patients and their parents would thank me for providing them with great service.
Pros
thanks received from customers
Cons
coweorker/ some of the doctors/ manager
Clinic HIM Specialist,Front Office (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 7, 2013
I scan charts in to the system, get forms ready for the doctors to fill out. I help where ever needed. I enjoy the people I work with, and the patients.
Pros
getting to work with great people, great benefits.
Cons
having my job dismised.
Productive and Fun
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAJune 26, 2013
I have worked in pediatric's for three years. I have been in the health care field for ten years. The most exciting thing about working in healthcare is to be a help to someone weather it be big or small it always a pleasure. My day to day job is to assist my Doctor's in every aspect of running a productive office. I am well trained in doing vital sign's, injections, immunizations, minor office procedures, scheduling, blood draw, lab test. I have learned a lot in my years in healthcare but i am always geared to learn more.
Very fast paced
Medical Assistant and Phone Triage (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2013
Great learning experience. This was my first job in pediatrics. Great doctors that are very knowledgeable and took the time to teach and explain.
Pros
the knowledge that i developed along with a strong skills set.
Cons
very overbooked. unrealistic pattient care.
Fast pace work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCApril 29, 2013
Enjoyed working with nursing and physician staff in a fast paced environement
Pros
co-workers
Cons
working with parents with sick children

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Piedmont Pediatrics. Our community is ready to answer.