Piedmont Technical College Employee Reviews

Excellent Instructors, but terrible administrators
History and American Government Instructor (Current Employee) –  Newberry, SCAugust 17, 2017
The administration does not care for and is often openly hostile to its adjunct faculty. There is no job security, no benefits, and little to no hope of career advancement. They have unrealistic expectations for faculty and what is "policy" or not is determined subjectively by each department head or supervisor, regardless of whether or not they are in writing.
Pros
State retirement is the only benefit offered for adjuncts.
Cons
No job security and poverty-level wages.
work study
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 3, 2017
helping to organize the labs and to make sure all tools work properly. Helping the instructors set up labs for students or visitors who are interested in the Electronic Engineering Program.
Pros
I got learn more about my Major
Cons
I enjoyed it
not a great school
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 26, 2017
Nobody knows whats going on and always pass you to someone who has no clue whats going on. Seems they are all about the money but not so much the education people are seeking.
Pros
n/a
Cons
employees and instructors are not avalible when you have concerns
Not so much!
LPN Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SC 29649April 11, 2017
This was not the job for me. I was not cut out to be a teacher but I gave it a try. The faculty staff were not supportive, save a couple of them. Not a good fit for me.
Quiet and peaceful desk job
Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCFebruary 6, 2017
the work life was nice and easy to adjust too. my boss was easy to get along with and very helpful. they instructed me on the job they expected me to do quickly and thoroughly. A typical day at work was structured and routine.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun and Good paced workplace
Call Center Representative I (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 21, 2016
This is a great place to work. The staff are all friendly, and the work is shown in a professional manner. Everyone welcomes you into the workplace. Environment is friendly.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Need more hours
I enjoy the flexibility of my work schedule while teaching college English. I also like the camaraderie I have with my students and other faculty memb
Supervisor- Lisa Martin (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 18, 2016
I enjoy teaching college English, developmental English, developmental reading, Reading 100, and Business English. I find the teaching field to be very rewarding in that I am helping students improve their skills through my instruction. Furthermore, I am attentive to their needs and problems. We respect and enjoy each other.
Pros
Good environment.
Good school
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCFebruary 16, 2016
Professors worked well with students regarding time management. Billing department worked with you regarding paying for tuition.
Excellent work environment
Adjunct Instructor Contimuing Education (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 1, 2015
Fun work environment with supportive management to help you grow in your profession. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with high performing colleagues and learning from them. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from routine task to projects that were challenging, exciting and rewarding.
A great place to work
Office Assistant in Funeral Services Department (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 25, 2015
With a wide variety of course selections there is something for everyone. I am so glad I was able to participate in the work-study program. I was able to work in a department that I didn't think I would ever be interested in. By doing that I was able to learn more about what the college has to offer.
Call center representative/Admissions (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 19, 2015
Piedmont Tech is a nice environment to work in. It has a great atmosphere with very sweet and helpful people. It's nice to help students find the right direction for them to get closer to accomplishing future goals.
Great place to work!
Psychology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 5, 2014
When the opportunity came to return to Piedmont Technical College as a full-time faculty member, I was overjoyed. This is a great place to work. The learners and faculty/staff members make this a great place to be.
faculty and staff work together as a team, great place to work!
Adjunct Professor & Writing Center Tutor (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 13, 2014
great place to work!
Team players!
Faculty and staff are wonderful!
Productive and exciting place to work.
Student Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Laurens, SCMarch 3, 2014
Recruit, enroll, and counsel students who are looking for jobs. Also help them with interview and resume skills.

Learned how to write resume in the correct format in which HR personnel receive in a favorable manner.

Management is wonderful with a solid understanding of teamwork and operating in a family like atmosphere. All cover for each other when the odds are against us.

Co-workers are great.

Hardest part of job is getting the "hard-headed" person who you are trying to help to understand you are showing them the correct way to help them get the skills they need for a job.

Most rewarding is getting a phone call from someone who you help graduate from school or get a meaningful job.
Pros
Good working hours, great flexibility, co-workers, teaching staff, director.
A Typical Day on the Job
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJanuary 6, 2014
A typical day on the work site would never have an dull moment. The main thing that I learned in the office was that I was able to do everything that was asked of me and just learning all the different ways the office actually works. The management was patient in my learning experiences and she worked with my faults to make me a better person for future employments. My co-workers was friendly and very helpful when the projects needed to be completed. The team work in our department a great program to learn. The hardest part of the job was the programs that came with certain areas in the office. For example, on program had one way but the other one had a total different aspect of doing things. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning different things and the people that I worked with. I am a people person and love to getting to know each person.
Pros
get a lunch break everyday
Cons
the stressful times on the year
Excellent Place to study for careers
Student (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCDecember 31, 2013
they have the best teachers and it is a fun place to get an education.
Administrator for Funeral Services in Work Study (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 26, 2013
The job consisted of reviewing applications and setting accounts for the funeral department.
Financial Aid Clerk
Financial Aid Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 14, 2013
•Account processing clerk experience, processed payments and completed wire transfers
•Able to manage front desk operations, including customer service, inventory, filing and switchboard operation
•Computer skills proficiency in Quick Books, People Soft, Outlook data bases and able to type 56 wpm
•Experience with Quick Screen software to obtain criminal background information
•Proofreading documents, bookkeeping and record keeping
•Responsible for confidential information from customers on a daily basis; able to accurately perform criminal background checks
•Successfully completed and handled as many as 100 calls a day
•Averaged lower than 0.001 complaint rate, recognized for meeting sales quota for four consecutive months
•Cashier and sales associate experience; able to handle customers’ inquiries and complaints before escalating to management
Productive place to work
Student Services (Current Employee) –  Edgefield, SCNovember 11, 2013
A typical day of work consisted of filing student information, answering and transferring calls, and helping students in any way possible.
Tutoring students was an absolute joy!
Math and chemistry tutor (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJuly 20, 2013
After logging in to the Tutoring Center computer, I would join the student in the library or adjoining facilities. We would discuss how they were doing academically since the last session and if any assignments, projects or tests were coming up. I would assess where to begin in our session and go from there. The sessions would usually last an hour but could extend to as long as two hours. After the session was complete, I would write down what we discussed and worked through together plus any trouble they experienced.
Pros
Great staff, students and facilities
Cons
Sometimes students would be absent without notice