Piedmont Technical College Employee Reviews

I enjoy the flexibility of my work schedule while teaching college English. I also like the camaraderie I have with my students and other faculty memb
Supervisor- Lisa Martin (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 18, 2016
I enjoy teaching college English, developmental English, developmental reading, Reading 100, and Business English. I find the teaching field to be very rewarding in that I am helping students improve their skills through my instruction. Furthermore, I am attentive to their needs and problems. We respect and enjoy each other.
Pros
Good environment.
Good school
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCFebruary 16, 2016
Professors worked well with students regarding time management. Billing department worked with you regarding paying for tuition.
Excellent work environment
Adjunct Instructor Contimuing Education (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 1, 2015
Fun work environment with supportive management to help you grow in your profession. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with high performing colleagues and learning from them. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from routine task to projects that were challenging, exciting and rewarding.
A great place to work
Office Assistant in Funeral Services Department (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCAugust 25, 2015
With a wide variety of course selections there is something for everyone. I am so glad I was able to participate in the work-study program. I was able to work in a department that I didn't think I would ever be interested in. By doing that I was able to learn more about what the college has to offer.
This is a very good place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 24, 2013
I love the way Piedmont Technical College is friendly and personal. There is a high level of profesionalism and confidentiality here at PTC. My management team is very helpful and they work with me on anything I need. The most enjoyable part of my day is the ability to work with other students. To be able to guide student in the right direction. The hardest part of my job, I would have to say, is sitting behind the computer all day and not having any errands to run.
Pros
Whenever I graduate I will have experience in my carer field.
Cons
I will have to leave when I graduate.
Tutoring students was an absolute joy!
Math and chemistry tutor (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJuly 20, 2013
After logging in to the Tutoring Center computer, I would join the student in the library or adjoining facilities. We would discuss how they were doing academically since the last session and if any assignments, projects or tests were coming up. I would assess where to begin in our session and go from there. The sessions would usually last an hour but could extend to as long as two hours. After the session was complete, I would write down what we discussed and worked through together plus any trouble they experienced.
Pros
Great staff, students and facilities
Cons
Sometimes students would be absent without notice
Good place to work. Excellent boss.
Assistant Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Abbeville, SCJuly 17, 2012
I enjoy my job at Piedmont Tech. I have a great employer who cares about his employees. I've learned a lot of office management skills since coming to work here. My co workers are great. I could not ask for better people to work with. The hardest part of my job is having to deal with rude students. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I can help people with school that really want to further their education.
Good workplace environment with enjoyable student interaction
Assessment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCFebruary 29, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. The day-to-day interaction with students was highly enjoyable.
Pros
traveling to other campuses and meeting new people, there were many opportunities to learn new skills
Cons
some co-workers were not very nice, advancement opportunities were very limited, hours were shorter than i would have liked
Productive and exciting place to work.
Student Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Laurens, SCMarch 3, 2014
Recruit, enroll, and counsel students who are looking for jobs. Also help them with interview and resume skills.

Learned how to write resume in the correct format in which HR personnel receive in a favorable manner.

Management is wonderful with a solid understanding of teamwork and operating in a family like atmosphere. All cover for each other when the odds are against us.

Co-workers are great.

Hardest part of job is getting the "hard-headed" person who you are trying to help to understand you are showing them the correct way to help them get the skills they need for a job.

Most rewarding is getting a phone call from someone who you help graduate from school or get a meaningful job.
Pros
Good working hours, great flexibility, co-workers, teaching staff, director.
Financial Aid Clerk
Financial Aid Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 14, 2013
•Account processing clerk experience, processed payments and completed wire transfers
•Able to manage front desk operations, including customer service, inventory, filing and switchboard operation
•Computer skills proficiency in Quick Books, People Soft, Outlook data bases and able to type 56 wpm
•Experience with Quick Screen software to obtain criminal background information
•Proofreading documents, bookkeeping and record keeping
•Responsible for confidential information from customers on a daily basis; able to accurately perform criminal background checks
•Successfully completed and handled as many as 100 calls a day
•Averaged lower than 0.001 complaint rate, recognized for meeting sales quota for four consecutive months
•Cashier and sales associate experience; able to handle customers’ inquiries and complaints before escalating to management
A Typical Day on the Job
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJanuary 6, 2014
A typical day on the work site would never have an dull moment. The main thing that I learned in the office was that I was able to do everything that was asked of me and just learning all the different ways the office actually works. The management was patient in my learning experiences and she worked with my faults to make me a better person for future employments. My co-workers was friendly and very helpful when the projects needed to be completed. The team work in our department a great program to learn. The hardest part of the job was the programs that came with certain areas in the office. For example, on program had one way but the other one had a total different aspect of doing things. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning different things and the people that I worked with. I am a people person and love to getting to know each person.
Pros
get a lunch break everyday
Cons
the stressful times on the year
Call center representative/Admissions (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 19, 2015
Piedmont Tech is a nice environment to work in. It has a great atmosphere with very sweet and helpful people. It's nice to help students find the right direction for them to get closer to accomplishing future goals.
Great place to work!
Psychology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 5, 2014
When the opportunity came to return to Piedmont Technical College as a full-time faculty member, I was overjoyed. This is a great place to work. The learners and faculty/staff members make this a great place to be.
Technical College
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Edgefield, SCJune 13, 2013
Great college to work for, I would definitely encourage people to work for this college. I've learned about management and being a great and effective leader from my co-workers.
Productive place to work
Student Services (Current Employee) –  Edgefield, SCNovember 11, 2013
A typical day of work consisted of filing student information, answering and transferring calls, and helping students in any way possible.
faculty and staff work together as a team, great place to work!
Adjunct Professor & Writing Center Tutor (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 13, 2014
great place to work!
Team players!
Faculty and staff are wonderful!
System Support Technician (Help Desk Support) (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCDecember 11, 2012
PTC is a great place to work, Working here has given me a new insight on what a working family is all about
Administrator for Funeral Services in Work Study (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 26, 2013
The job consisted of reviewing applications and setting accounts for the funeral department.
internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 13, 2012
i help prepare school catalogs and also helped set up papers for important staff meetings.
Pros
work was great
Excellent Place to study for careers
Student (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCDecember 31, 2013
they have the best teachers and it is a fun place to get an education.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Piedmont Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7