1. B.S. in Civil Engineering or in Geology/Engineering Geology, with a minimum of either an EIT or PG license.
2. Completed college level coursework in geotechnical engineering, engineering geology, geology for their B.S. degree.
3. Minimum of 5 years of experience in the geotechnical engineering field.
4. Experience in collecting geotechnical and environmental soil samples in the field using a hand auger, laboratory testing, and report preparation.
5. Experience in characterization of environmental components such as TPH, Title 22 Metals, VOC, pesticides, and PCB per EPA and applicable California regulations is recommended.
6. Experience in reviewing drawings and performing basic calculations in the field of geotechnical engineering.
7. Ability to travel in locations throughout Southern and central California to collect soil samples using hand auger.
8. Strong computer skills in the use of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe, and Google Earth.
9. Ability to organize, coordinate multiple projects and adjust to changing priorities and assignments.
1. Traveling to the field to conduct site evaluation, collect soil samples, completing chain of custody forms, make soil classification, and attend engineering job walks.
2. Provide support in preparation of environmental and geotechnical reports including engineering calculations.
3. Review drawings, geotechnical reports, calculations, maps, and preparation of scope of work documents.
Job Location: Pomona, CA
Rate: Open (1099, C2C, or W2)
Contract Term: 12 Months