The Senior Web Developer will work closely with our design and development teams to turn static designs into a rich user experience. The Senior Web Developer will also be responsible for supporting the existing infrastructure while developing new technologies.
- Participate in development projects for the website, both large and small, throughout the various phases of the project life cycle.
- Maintain existing code and functionality once it is assimilated into the ongoing operations of the Web business.
- Keep in tune with client's market-share and position in search engines and portals.
- An interest in sharing knowledge about new technologies with the team and facilitating the implementation of such technologies across projects.
- Assess new initiatives to determine the work effort and estimate the necessary time-to-completion.
- Build proof-of-concept mock ups and rapid prototypes.
- Build customized user interfaces based on keen understanding of inheritance, hierarchy and templatizing.
- Development with cross-browser compatibility in a graded browser support environment, with an emphasis on IE and the ability to support older browsers.
- Document new development, procedures or test plans as needed.
- Participate in Web data builds and deployment efforts.
- Work with the team, along with Software Engineers, Designers, and Quality Analysts, to carry out unit testing of new development.
Essential skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Adept in graphic design applications: Photoshop, Flash.
- In-depth knowledge of code optimization for performance and SEO initiatives.
- Working knowledge of .NET and an understanding of classes and inheritance as well as the principles of code-reuse in object-oriented programming.
- Experience with VSS, Visual Studio.NET, IIS.
- Must be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated use of intermediate computer operations (basic programming in 3rd and 4th generation languages, relational databases, and operating systems) and intermediate software packages (word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis
Duration: minimum 6+ month with option to extend
Location: Irvine Metro Area
Indeed - 20 months ago
Piedra is dedicated to providing quality staffing services to our clients. We have brought together the talents of professionals with...