Pieology Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Positive fast paced environment
TEAM TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CASeptember 23, 2017
I definitely recommend working at pieology especially if it's your first job. It's all about having great customer service there so as long as you can make a pizza and be extremely nice then you're good to go! Have to do alot of multi tasking at times , could get overwhelming to some but other then that is a fairly easy job. The manager are usually awesome.
Pros
Free pizza, fun get togethers
Cons
May not get as many hours as you want
Good
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Califronia AveAugust 29, 2017
If the right manager is in postion its a wonderful place for early college or high school. Can easily predicted the rushes as well as what days are needed for staff.
Easy, and fun
Pizza Artist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 25, 2017
Pieology is a great place to work. Its easy, fast pace at times, and you get to show your artistic side. But, there was no team effort, there was no communication, we have an inexperienced manager.
Pros
Being creative. Preparing pretty pizzas.
Cons
No hours.
loved working here
Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAAugust 18, 2017
i loved working here. Other members of management worked well together. Customers were great, the most enjoyable part of the job was working with other crew members.
Pros
manager meals, health insurance, positive place to work, upper management cared about overall health of employees
Cons
low pay for job title
Good work overall
Prep Lead (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAAugust 2, 2017
Great job, however many teens who may or may not be productive. If you work hard, you get more hours. A fun job. Recommend for a starter job. Enjoyed working there.
Pros
Great food
Cons
Few benefits
Clean and slow with some great people.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 8, 2017
A typical day at work includes detail cleaning, making pizzas for our guests, and the prepping of our ingredients. Ive learned how to train new team members, how to help guest efficiently, and how to handle unhappy guests. Management is mostly good but has many weak people and they need an upgrade. Hardest part of the job is keeping work and personal life away from each other. Most enjoyable to being able to help create a guest perfect pizza and making great friends.
Pros
pizza, employee discount, biweekly paycheck
Cons
not enough hours, management, 10 min break
Fun environment to work in
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 8, 2017
fun place to work, but lousy when it comes towards the ability to thrive. The managers fail to take anything but their own opinions into consideration. Rules and procedures are constantly changing. The district managers force general managers to cut hours of all employees and get upset when customers complain about the restaurant being understaffed. Every employee is expected to finish eight hours of work in less than half the amount given.
Pros
great environment, good people and free food
Cons
no hours, no growth, limited possibilities
Productive and okay
Part time Team Member/Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Encino, CA 91316June 28, 2017
Working for this company is definitely a good experience. It has its ups and downs. Working during summer can mean hectic situations and challenges. Multitasking is a must and definitely a skill you will learn here. Always a friendly environment.
great
team member cooking (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 27, 2017
Great family oriented restaurant. Working there felt like you were part of a family. Everyone was professional and organized and i had a lot of fun working there.
Great place if you love working with food
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 15, 2017
A day at pieology was always fun everyone was very nice and welcoming. The hardest part was learning everything that went on the pizza without looking at the menu. The most enjoyable part was making the pizza and seeing how the costumer loved it and enjoyed it.
fun work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Menifee, CAJune 14, 2017
I enjoy working alongside my coworkers, and getting through the day as a team. I love the environment, and getting to work with different customers throughout the day.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short to late at night breaks
A newer company still trying to find direction
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 12, 2017
Pieology is a good company to work for because of the product. The RSC is in California along with the majority of their restaurants, so there was a big disconnect in my case. Constant changing in the corporate structure made it even difficult to get in touch with the right people to get things resolved.
Pros
Product you can get behind
Cons
Changing structure, no bonuses
Productive and Fun place to socialize with the high paying customers
Server (Former Employee) –  GuamJune 11, 2017
The company is improving on the hotel because it was recently purchased from KBL. The atmosphere in the top floor is amazing socializing and admiring the view.
Not the best experience
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 30, 2017
Get ready for a fast pace environment. They never have a steady manager because they fire people so easily. I made great friends with coworkers since I spent so much time with them but the managers need help with training.
Pros
good discount, okay hours
Cons
management
3.0 stars.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAMay 21, 2017
I learned so much and the environment was great but there were some things that could be worked on. It always had a lively mood and it was good. I'm glad I was apart of this team and I am very sad that I am leaving.
Strict environment and I was not very comfortable in the environment.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAMay 19, 2017
The manager was very strict and she really only promoted the workers that were Mexican. A typical day at work would be to serve customers, restock food, and clean all restaurant areas. It was not a very relaxed environment. I felt like I was being watched over and I didn't receive that much training.
Cons
short breaks, short hours
Manager in whittier, ca is sketchy
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 14, 2017
They are so cheap! whenever a customer would order a lot of toppings they would say "only a pinch and when they are not looking do not put anything". Also was sexually harassed by a drunken shift leader during the Christmas party. which the manager never gave a darn about.
It is to always have an outstanding customer service to any customer walking into the store and trying to get along with your coworkers.
Cashier/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33174April 3, 2017
A day at Pieology would be coming in on time and counting my cash in my drawer. I make sure the amount I have been given is correct before I begin to use it. I take in orders as well as phone orders. I make sure to charge every customer and give a fascinating customer service. Making the customers that come in feel welcomed. The workplace environment is very decent there is not much arguing. It is mostly everyone helping each other around. We act more of a team rather than one person trying to solve everything on its own. Most of the employees working are by the age 17-25.
fast paced but do-able
Ca- Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAMarch 15, 2017
I work the dough press and line when things get backed up. at night i clean either dough or the dining room. nothing to difficult just tedious at times.
Pros
discounts from other franchisers
Cons
no place to really take a break
Terrible place with too much stress
Team Member/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAMarch 8, 2017
the job had too many call outs from employees, upper management did not deploy new ideas and brands out and focused too much on numbers. horrible place to work at