Pier 1 Imports Employee Reviews

Found 1,362 reviews matching the search
A very loving family.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLMay 25, 2017
While working with Pier 1, my team felt like my family. I would have done anything for them just as I know they would have for me. I would definitely recommend this as a part time job to anyone.
Lack of communication
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 24, 2017
Did not pay enough for the job resposnblilties. Lack in communication. Had a high turn around rate. Management was not good. Did not have paid time off.
It was a great opportunity, and wonderful learning experience, great work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAMay 24, 2017
It was great place to work I made a few life long friends working at this establishment. I gained a greater insight on how to manger associates ranging from teenagers to middle aged adults.
Great place to work!
Greter (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHMay 24, 2017
I enjoyed working with the staff/managers. I was also able to gain a little knowledge in retail sales. I was also able enjoyed the employee discounts.
Great culture. Compensation not so great.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 24, 2017
LOVE the actual job. The customers are amazing! Downside is that it's more physical than one realizes and the pay is not that great. Also, higher management tends to be a bit on the micromanaging side. If you can deal with those two things, you will love working there. Products are amazing!
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Compensation lacks. Advancement at a minimum.
Great Store, Customers Not Always the Best.
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDMay 24, 2017
Pier1 Imports is a wonderful store and is a great place to work overall. There have been some incidents that can be considered negative. Customers vary, some are nice and others will scream at the poor associates because the item is no orderable; typical retail.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No health care for anyone except the GSM, Long shifts due to being understaffed, GSM will not come in on their day leading to associates and other managers working open to close.
Great Workplace Community
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kailua, HIMay 23, 2017
Pier 1 is a great place to work, primarily because of the people you will work with there. It is a very tight-knit community of individuals who are genuinely invested in your wellbeing and who want to make sure their coworkers are happy. If you work here, you will be a part of a really great, committed team!
Pros
team building, interpersonal, fun
Cons
short breaks, inconsistent shifts
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 23, 2017
Management is nice, although there are some that are more relaxed than others. You're assigned a zone in the store, but it can be flexible depending again on management. The store discount as an employee is nice.
warehouse work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 23, 2017
A Oder puller and loading it making sure every product is put up and loaded right on your cart if not when you get ready to to packet up it wont fit on the truck in the right way.
Love the brand, high turnover
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 22, 2017
I love the Pier 1 brand and customers. The Regional managers in this market are very vindictive and don't care about you as a person but just someone on the payroll. They don't give the proper support to successsfully run your business. They consistently have a high turnover of their store managers for this reason.
Pros
Discount 25%, customers, good teammates, incentives, great product knowledgr
Cons
Support, push credit card sales, compensation for work asked to do, building, heavy liftihg
Vibrant and uplifting atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYMay 21, 2017
It was a very uplifting atmosphere, there was always vibrant music playing throughout the store. It's demanding at times especially on weekends around holidays but everyone on the team always worked together to make everything run smoothly.
learned a lot
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMay 20, 2017
This was my first job, helped me learn a lot. Management was very helpful and work was never overly stressful. I processed truck at night and it was very laid back.
Fun workplace with great management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAMay 20, 2017
Pier 1 in Woburn is a fun environment to work which allows you to explore your creative side while helping others find theirs. There is always satisfaction in helping customers turn their houses into homes.
A fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 19, 2017
Pier One has a great employee discount and very flexible hours. They schedule four to five hour shifts and normally you wont get any breaks. Personally I think the pay was low for all the work I did there, but overall it is a nice place to work.
Nice place to work for those looking for part-time.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXMay 19, 2017
Very nice place to work. Management is always very fun, understanding, and helpful, and the associates are good to work with as well. Would highly recommend for those looking to work between 4-15 hours a week,
fun and non-stressful place to work
Sales Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CAMay 19, 2017
managers get more hours and oversee the floor, do displays, markdowns, and operational duties. Associates clean and merchandise the store; and sell, sell, sell! opening Pier 1 credit cards is a must. when store is slow and there is down time, managers train associates on selling techniques. yearly raises are not amazing. sick time and vacation time is acquired. flexible with schedules.
To the pier
always lead to an understanding (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 18, 2017
I didn't spend too much time here, but the time I was here was fun. The store smelled so good all the time. Im just not fond of retail, so when they started pushing credit cards on customers, i lost the joy.
great place to work
Store Manager and Market Coordinator (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDMay 18, 2017
fun atmosphere, rewarding in positive sales, room to grow, always busy doing something, loved the products and the customers who shopped there. if you love to merchandise-you'll love it there
Decor heaven
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 17, 2017
Being a person that loves decoration, organizing, color coding this was a heaven too wok in. on the other hand the management was trying to suppress your talents, and not give the well deserved promotions
A last resort job
Sales Associate, team lead (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 17, 2017
They project pier one imports like it's this great company to work for when in reality you get paid minimum-wage to do the most work. There is little to no room for advancement and most employees don't even want to advance because management doesn't make any money either. This company really takes advantage of its employees by forcing them to do so much work for such a little benefits. Sure, there is paid vacation but that's pretty much a standard benefit at most companies, there is nothing special about working here. I warn you, don't waste your time unless you're desperate.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No 15 minute breaks, minimum wage, extremely heavy lifting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pier 1 Imports. Our community is ready to answer.