Pier 1 Imports Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,040 reviews matching the search
Watch your back-literally!
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TN 38138June 23, 2016
Job was fun, however, I was asked to pick up, pull, push, and carry items much heavier than the 30 lbs I signed on to. (75+ lbs). Retail was not where I wanted to be after getting my college degree but it was fun in the interim. Wish I had not hurt my back lugging around heavy furniture.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Physical demands were excessive and unreasonable
loved my job
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 22, 2016
i enjoyed the comradery that comes with working for Pier 1 imports. it was a great learning and growing environment to be in and the whole chain of command all the way to the top was always well involved and up to date.
A good second job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJune 21, 2016
The company culture is good, the employee is always well informed and the flexibility is great. On the cons,pay is very low and for how much they emphasize on upselling one would think they pay commission but they don't.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low wages
Productive, comfortble work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 21, 2016
Open the store, stock shelf's, get cash registers ready, clean floor and floor items, talk to customers and find out what they are looking for, tell customers about our benefits for applying for our Pier One credit card, help carry items to customers car, clean store, make room in back, take out trash, close store.

The most important thing I have learned at Pier One is that customers always come first, always look sharp, be polite.

My ex-coworkers treated everyone including myself like family.

The hardest part if my job was being the only associate on the floor with many customers, and tasks to do.

I loved working at Pier One for the ruh whenever it got busy, having tht satisfaction of being able to help a customer.
Pros
Discounts on store items
Cons
No lunch break, not enough hours
Low pay and boring
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJune 21, 2016
It is a boring job that pays very low. Basically if you greet customers, help make a sale and open up a credit card, management will leave you alone.
Cons
Low pay and no hours
Okay
o Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Helena mtJune 20, 2016
They closed the store and I lost my job. They were Okay. The management was okay
Overall though decent place to work and I enjoyed it.
Listsening to the Island music is activating for me.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIJune 20, 2016
My typical day at work assign to a zone and building sales as I rotate for sales.
What I learned is to bring frozen water with me because you don't get breaks unless you work 6 hours.
Management down to earth group.
My co-workers are diverse and they speak to me.
The hardest part of the job is standing, I like moving around building sales I guess I'm just use to commission sales I need that back in my life.
The most enjoyable part of the job is happy clients that return and remember who you are then recommend their friends to come see you. That's cool.
Pros
Building Clientele
Cons
Standing for over 4hrs. without a break or water to recharge.
A nice place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 16, 2016
A very laid back job assisting customers, up-selling, and stocking the floor. You get to see different styes of furniture and accessories from around the world.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Not much advancement oppurtunities
Awesome job overall
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 13, 2016
Great beneifits , easy to move up in the company . They dont have holidays off . Great job ! Some supervisor can get trained a little better , push the hard workers harder and let the slouches be slouches .
Pros
Great enviorment / Management nice / Easy growth
Cons
No holidays off / religon neglict
productive
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXJune 13, 2016
There is always a task to be completed. In a typical day you helped customers shop for gifts or house decor. I learned that everything has a home in the store and out. Management was fun and nice. My co- workers were friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job would be building furniture! Most enjoyable is helping a customer decorate their home or dream decorating your own!
Pros
flexible scheduling for students
Cons
part time so no health care
Great merchandise and flexible scheduling as an sales associate
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 10, 2016
They push you to sign people up for their great card but give you incentives. They tend to give easy and flexible scheduling to sales associates. A typical work day is assisting costumers with merchandising and building orders or replenishing and straightening the store between costumers.
Pros
Incentives
fun, family orientated workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2016
I enjoyed how everyone worked as a family and consulted one another to get the job done the best way. Working with customers that truly appreciate your help.
Pros
working with the customers
Cons
not enough hours
Very Associate Friendly and Encourage Coaching to Advance in company
Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJune 10, 2016
A typical day at Pier 1 Imports is a day of not only interacting with fun and interesting clients but also working with some of the most fun loving team members I have ever worked with in my 20 year retail career. I love working with the public and I love helping them to make their purchase fit their home,
Pros
People, Product and Working enviroment
Cons
Lunch break
Fun atmosphere with a variety of merchandise, customers and associates.
Sales Leader/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 9, 2016
A typical day at work will have an associate assisting customers, sharing product knowledge and current promotions, cashiering, merchandising and setting events. You will learn how to build relationships, work with different personalities, read and follow plan-o-grams and well as learn brand standards, product knowledge and how to relay information to customers and other associates. The management team works hard to make sure the business needs are met while accommodating employees to create a balanced work life environment. The hardest part of the job is that it is very active, requiring lifting and moving of larger objects and being on your feet for a majority of the shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to be creative, having an ever changing merchandise selection, and my fun and caring co workers.
Friendly and great environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 8, 2016
Coming into work, I was always surrounded by friendly and helpful fellow employees. I loved working there and helping customers as best as I could since I enjoy working and communicating with people. I learned a lot working here, it is a very fast-paced workplace and I improved at multi-tasking because of it. My fellow employees were amazing to work with, they are the best staff I have worked around so far. The hardest part about the job was having to learn a lot more than I had expected. There was so much to take in and try to remember, but I always tried my absolute best.
Pros
Friendly and great environment
Cons
Short breaks
A beautiful building with amazing people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJune 6, 2016
This was one of my favorite jobs. Besides the pay, which isn't that great because your hours aren't too long, this was the perfect place. I have never worked under better management. They motivated me and pushed me to be the best I could become, all in a positive light. They rewarded great outcomes and were always there to help if need be.
Pros
The management and co-workers
Cons
The pay
Great product, great peers and great customers.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 6, 2016
Since the departure of our last VP of Store Operations, life at Pier 1 had definitely changed. Work/life balance had become more balanced towards work and less family time. The most enjoyable part of the position was working with the customers and the staff in my store. However, when having to deal with disciplinary actions, everything had to be approved by upper management, and the reaction time on their part was very slow. I gained additional experience in management, retail operations, merchandising, sales, and leadership. but never received any formal training to be a Store Manager. 10 to 12 hour days are the norm, managers are expected to do whatever it takes to "make it happen" which at times was intimidating, and one of the sad things is that the company only allows 10 hours of training for each new associate and it is never enough and therefore we have to use our regular payroll hours for them to finish their training, leaving less hours to achieve what is expected of the team, thereby leaving the Store Manager to get the job done.. alone. If upper management would spend less on entertaining, we would have more spending power at store level for payroll which would enable us to have a better selling experience with the customers. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Pier 1, but it was time to move on. Upper management was completely out of touch with the store level when it came to productivity and the time allotted to complete projects.
Pros
Associate Discount, Outstanding Relationships with Customers, Rewarding relationships with store teams
Cons
Training Deficiencies, Lack of support from Upper Management, Constant Physical Labor
Products are great, management not.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 4, 2016
Working was fun. Products are great. Fun to help customer decorate there home with all the variety of products. Management not the best. Manager did not want to interact with any customers.
Pros
Fun products, fun staff, nice discount.
Cons
Management, low pay
Great place to work, flexible, amazing teaching environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 1, 2016
This company is amazing- you learn so much about retail.
Hardest part is ensuring the displays are up to par with the quarterly changes, best part is the customer service skills you learn while working for a high tech company.
Moderate to Fast-paced sales environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 28, 2016
A very fun and interactive way to learn about retail, sales, AND home decor/design. I acquired a heaping ton of knowledge pertaining to home decorating and furnishing, good retail sales experience,and experienced it all with a one-of-a-kind sales team. The most challenging part of my day was convincing customers to open a credit card with us. A typical day was as fun and challenging as the next.
Pros
25 percent employee discount
Cons
Long hours standing/