Pier Foundry & Pattern Shop, Inc. is an industry leader in the manufacturing of grey and ductile iron castings. With over 120 years of experience and tradition, Pier Foundry delivers high quality castings with the shortest lead times in the business. As a growing business, we are always looking to add the best talent into our organization. Pier Foundry is currently looking to fill the role of CNC Programmer/Tooling Engineer.
The CNC Programmer/Tooling Engineer uses Master Cam and CNC Machine along with a variety of hand tools and manual machining equipment, to design, cut, and rig patterns and core boxes. The CNC Programmer/Tooling Engineer works closely with the design engineer, project managers and pattern makers to coordinate effective flow of new and existing patterns. Additional responsibilities are as follows:
o Uses knowledge and experience to design the best and most cost effective tool build for the required application
o Requisitions the appropriate materials needed for construction of tooling
- Tool Path Programming and operator
o Uses Mastercam to develop tool cut path
o Loads CNC with programs for tooling cuts
o Implement and abide by good quality control methods
- Work with pattern makers on the manufacturing and mounting of gating on new tooling produced in house on Pier’s CNC machine.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Coordinates the procurement and maintain inventory of all required pattern shop supplies and materials with purchasing manager.
- Assist pattern makers as time allows helping in general flow of work through pattern shop.
- Perform all duties in compliance with ISO 9001:2008 procedures and processes.
- Perform any other duties as required by management.
- Technical or Associates degree in CNC Programming or related field strongly preferred.
- 2+ years pattern making and CNC Programming working experience.
- Proficient in use of Mastercam software
- 2-3 Years experience with 3D design and modeling using CAD software
- Previous experience in the foundry industry or tool making for the foundry industry preferred.
- Prior experience successfully working with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Knowledge of and experience with spreadsheets and word processing software, including Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of and experience with spreadsheets and word processing software, including Microsoft office products.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Ability to deal with problems involving non-standardized situations.
It has been and continues to be the policy of Pier Foundry to provide equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) to applicants and employees without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, status as a disabled, recently separated, Armed Forces service medal or other protected veteran (“covered veterans”), marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.