Pier Foundry & Pattern Shop, Inc. is an industry leader in the manufacturing of grey and ductile iron castings. With over 120 years of experience and tradition, Pier Foundry delivers high quality castings with the shortest lead times in the business. As a growing business, we are always looking to add the best talent into our organization. Pier Foundry is currently looking to fill the role of Maintenance Manager.
Responsible for managing on-staff maintenance mechanics on all shifts. Perform purchasing of required maintenance components and materials. Manage daily, weekly and monthly PM schedule. Perform repair and maintenance on equipment as needed.
Additional responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Coordinate schedule of maintenance mechanics on all shifts to ensure effective and efficient operation of all plant equipment and infrastructure.
- Management and continuous improvement of daily, weekly, monthly and annual preventive maintenance schedule utilizing Maintenance Mizer PM software.
- Develop and implement a predictive maintenance schedule for all equipment and infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain up to date and accurate spare parts inventory
- Research, obtain quotes & purchase all necessary components and materials for the maintenance department.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the foundry’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service and annual shutdown.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Requires a high school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience; An AA degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance preferred;
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some HVAC experience. Induction furnace experience is preferred.
- 2+ years previous supervisor/management experience required.
- Previous electrical and PLC experience preferred
- Prior experience successfully working with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
It has been and continues to be the policy of Pier Foundry to provide equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) to applicants and employees without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, status as a disabled, recently separated, Armed Forces service medal or other protected veteran (“covered veterans”), marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Indeed - 30+ days ago