To apply to this position, please paste the following URL into your browser: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=520142.
Pier Sixty LLC is a prestigious catering company well-known for its outstanding cuisine and event management, executing weddings, corporate events, galas and social functions with superb food, impeccable service and unmistakable flair, our venue is located NYC and can accommodate up to 2,400 guests. Pier Sixty LLC is a division of Abigail Kirsch and is located at Chelsea Piers in NYC.
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for repairing and performing preventive maintenance of both Pier Sixty and the Lighthouse to insure facility is in keeping with Abigail Kirsch’s high standards of quality.
Specific Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) on Rooms / Public Space / Calls / Grounds / Lights / Sheet Rock / Tile / Masonry / Carpentry / Wallpaper / minor Plumbing and Electrical, etc.
- Perform duties as outlined on daily Workload assignments.
- Maintain a neat, clean work area.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with the Director of Engineering, Engineering Supervisor, Department Heads, and other associates both in and outside of the department.
- Assume various roles within the Engineering department in the absence of associates.
- Perform special projects as assigned by Engineering Supervisor and/or Director
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Minimum of three years experience in maintenance / engineering.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from Technical School or any other combination of education training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Minimum of 12 months hands on experience in one or more of the building trades, i.e. Sheet Rock, Tile, Carpentry, Wallpaper, minor Plumbing and Electrical, etc
- Strong knowledge of painting, window cleaning.
- Past experience using measuring devices such as tape measures, squares, and levels.
- Strong knowledge of carpentry, cabinet making and plumbing.
- Working knowledge of all legal issues in compliance with EPA / OSHA
- Ability to maintain a neat, organized and safe working environment.
- Ability to work on a large team to get projects completed.
- Strong attention to detail skills.
*No headshots or photos please.
Pier Sixty is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Pier Sixty LLC is a prestigious catering company well-known for its outstanding cuisine and event management, executing weddings, corporate...