Pierce College Employee Reviews

Friendly and diverse workplace
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJanuary 2, 2018
At the Tutoring Center at Pierce, I learned how to collaborate and help others. This is not really a perfect workplace, however, you can learn a lot from people there. The school has a diversity in culture and background, so you want to expect to meet people in different places and having different ideas
Pros
Friendly environment for new students and workers
Cons
Small community
Love it here
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Steilacoom, WADecember 17, 2017
I recommend to any and everyone !!
What can I say
it was amazing !!!!
Theres so much to learn
Great food for lunch
there is a way I could go back in time and work there again i would !
great wotrk experience
Inputted student (Former Employee) –  Steilacoom WaNovember 5, 2017
This job gave me the skills that I could put into another job. It helped with my communication skills, leadership skills, and the ability to multitask as well as organization skills. It allowed me to put my computer skills learned while attending college to use.
Pros
experience
Cons
temporary job
Great job culture, but not enough pay
Clerical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 27, 2017
Typical day is giving information to students, faculty and visitors. Also, checking mail box for messages and going to a mail room.
I've learned to stay calm during crisis interventions like school evacuation and student's personal crises.
Managment changes all the time, so no point of telling what it is right now.
Academic culture is overall good ,but I've seen some of the Deans and secretaries to president to act out a power trip; expecting their subordinents to supress their individuality and act in servail fashion.
The hardest part of the job is not enough hours and pay. The most enjoyable part is to able to serve students and faculty.
Pros
Free food
Cons
short breaks
Overall Very Good Environment
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  WooOctober 26, 2017
The manager's and HR are amazing individuals. The work here is amazing. Overall a good part time job. Pierce a great campus to work for. And the pace and the environment.
Great Place to Work, Great People!
Adjunct Science Faculty (Biology Professor) (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 21, 2017
I loved working there and would still be there if we had not had to relocate to another state. It's a wonderful place! I would state this to be the best employer I've ever had!
Pros
Supportive, Friendly, Relaxing, Great Supplies
Like Pierce.
Tacoma - Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WASeptember 6, 2017
Like Pierce. Like students. Good place to work and good benefits. I like the variety each quarter and the holidays are nice to have off. Continuing education opportunities are good.
Relaxed jobs but also balanced
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAAugust 27, 2017
Job was relaxed but also you get things done in the aspect of customer service and technology needs. I enjoyed working at Pierce College. I learned quite a bit in the customer service side.
Enjoyed every minute of it
Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAAugust 10, 2017
This was my first year as a part of the Pierce college team. I enjoyed every day I was there as my colleagues made it very fun and engaging every day.
Productive workplace with ample training and good work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJune 29, 2017
I learned many procedures on how a college operates and the proper way to file student information. They also trained me in data entry, transcripts, and many other things.
Pros
Work schedule is very forgiving for students

Want to know more about Pierce College?

Ask a question
Productive and friendly workplace
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2017
My typical day is providing quality customer service to adult learners, Billing, tuition, adjustment, cashier backup, payment plans, making sure students are up to date with student accounts. I enjoy the employees I work with. the hardest part is dealing with disgruntle students who want refunds.
Great place to learn new skills
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJune 21, 2017
I worked here as a work study student, so I did not receive any benefits. However, the workplace environment was friendly, and welcoming. I learned a lot from both staff and students alike. Everyone was interested in helping further your knowledge and/or advancement.
Great place to work based on your work-study or non-work study in school
Event Setup (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJune 13, 2017
I enjoy working with a team in events setup. I clean laundry and mop floor and put away towels by folding them in the right way. Clean exercising machines.
Productive Workplace
Academic Operations/Faculty Support (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 7, 2017
Working at Peirce College was a great experience. The environment is very relaxed and the staff is great. I mostly enjoyed doing tasks on the computer which mostly consisted of data entry.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Good Environment
Cons
Only part-time
Productive and enlivening coffee house experience
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 3, 2017
Working for an on campus coffee house was enjoyable as it was intense. With care, we tentatively prepared artisanally hand crafted coffee beverages. Dealt with endless amount of procedures for making and serving drinks as well as for when engaging with customers. I learned how to manage my time since the workload was demanding. I also learned how to supervise the barista crew and resolved disputes between some of the staff and customers. The hardest part of the job was supervising the team during rush hours because there were times I had to make up for an order that my co workers would mess up on but after working out game plans and adjustments we learned how to deter those mistakes to better serve the campus with efficiency. The culture of the workplace was very laid back and relaxing however, the workplace itself had to find a balance between productivity and not seeming overworked per say. This was crucial as it was important for the company to exude the right attitude for the customers. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was the learning experience obtained throughout the course of my employment. I grew a lot as an individual and realized the importance of customer satisfaction and work efficiency.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Short breaks (10 mins for every four hours standing)
Productive and great workplace
Agricultural Worker (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 21, 2017
Great enviremt to be around. The school does a good job of taking care of their employees. Therefore, it gives the employees a great feeling working here and helping out the students.
Pierce College is a great place to work full-time
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 12, 2017
I really love working at Pierce College but unfortunately I only work part -time and am actively seeking full time employment. A typical day at work consists of handling new hire packets, helping potential employments fill out their paperwork, job posting, sorting time sheets, and any other projects as needed. I love doing Accounting which I have done for 12 years but I also love doing HR work and working at Pierce gives me the best of both worlds.
Pros
Casual atmosphere, Free food sometimes, nice work environment
Cons
Not enough work to do sometimes
Loved it
Library Aide (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMay 7, 2017
Loved the working environment, co-workers were friendly, management was amazing, very lax, and the job was easy. The only part that sucked was that since it was a work study position I could only work up to 19 hours and never more. Pay was minimum (but you earned pay through financial aid too).
Pros
Great employees, work was easy, culture was welcoming
Cons
Wages low, little hours
A great place to work
Student Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAApril 22, 2017
A good place with amiable people. The people are helpful and are willing to look out for each other. They make the place more enjoyable and can make a long work day seem like an afternoon.
Pros
good people
Cons
students can be rambunctious.
student teaching
Student Teaching (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAApril 9, 2017
Amazing opportunity to advance your career in the early childhood education field. Staff are amazing at what they do and will go out of their way to help you succeed.