Pierce College Employee Reviews

student helping other students
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 10, 2016
in a normal day we went around and helped student at an as needed basis. i specialized in conceptual calculus.

the level of math you taught was based on the highest level of math you passed.
Bringing people aware of social and economical problem as a event coordinator.
Event coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WADecember 6, 2015
I was a event coordinator at Pierce College.
I made events every week for students and the local community. I think I made a positive impact by creating events that would bring awareness of social and economical problems.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
It was only part-time
It was a great place to pick up extra work.
SBCTC Canvas Instructor (Current Employee) –  OnlineAugust 20, 2015
I taught faculty across Washington through the State Board of Community and Technical Colleges on a contract that ran through Pierce online. In reality, I was never on campus. The handful of times I needed to contact them in order to get something done, they were awesome about helping me fix whatever was broken.
I make sure that students benefit at DSHS will not be affected because I did not updated their information in the EJAS System.
Work First Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJuly 5, 2015
It's getting work done within the 4 hours everyday which is working smart. I have to check referrrals everyday that sent from DSHS to the Puyallup and Lakewood Campus. I have to call students and set up an appointment to meet with a WorkFirst Advisor and enter client notes in the EJAS system; having the accounting experienced more than 10 years about team work. I make sure that I updated every information in the EJAS System where the Caseworker/ WorkFirst Advisor can get all the details about a student.
Loved doing my Internship at Pierce college
Campus Safety Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Puyallup WaJune 17, 2015
• Compose and edit correspondence and memos from dictation, written, and verbal direction
• Prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit and distribute agendas and minutes of meetings as needed or requested
• Proofread and ensure clarity as well as grammatical and typographical accuracy (free from errors) of all written documentation including emails
• Manage confidential and non-routine information with absolute confidentiality
• Review mail, determine level of priority, and process accordingly; ensure all outgoing mail is prepared as necessary and to meet mailroom deadlines
Very Helpful
Computer lab administrator (Former Employee) –  6201 Winnetka Ave, Woodland Hills, CA 91371June 12, 2015
 Help students and faculty review their printing statement.
 Help lab users understand the charges made on their printing statement
 Diagnose software-based copier/printer problems.
 Diagnose logon problems with the deposit stations.
 Troubleshoot faulty hardware and software.
Excellent management and co-workers, fun environment promoting life long learning
Digital Design Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAFebruary 22, 2015
Excellent place to work. I feel right at home previously attending as a student. Management and staff are always helpful, I never have trouble getting questions answered or knowing what my job is. There are quite a few opportunities for advancement, even for an entry level position like tutoring. A great job for somebody interested in teaching in the future or a new graduate. The only downside being there are no benefits and pay is low, unless you are a professor or working elsewhere in the school, non-students are not allowed to work full-time and the hours are very limited.
Pros
great management, excellent co-workers, great work environment
Cons
no benefits, low pay, limited hours.
active environment fun staff
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAFebruary 18, 2015
Pierce college was a fun environment to work in because the staff was professional and hard working. It was a very upbeat place to work.
Fun work place kept me busy
Filing international student information (Former Employee) –  International CenterJanuary 19, 2015
We would get the transcripts ready for incoming students or students leaving Pierce College. It was a great learning experience I would love to do it again
Pros
great people
Cons
nothing
tutoring college students in mathematics
Mathematics tutor (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 7, 2014
I was able to set my schedule with my students and work around school. The only downside is that there was no official tutoring place so the locations were always changing and sometimes unavailable.
Fun experience
Freelance Photographer (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAAugust 26, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is going out and taking photographs. Working with the reporters helps a lot because they give me ideas on what they would like to see from the photographs. I am learning more about photography. My co-workers are great people who bring positive energy to the workplace.
Getting the job done makes you proud.
Custodial 1 (Former Employee) –  Steilacoom, WAAugust 8, 2014
It was a nice place to work.
I received several Certificates for my professional job performance from the staff in the assigned areas I worked.
Good internship
Intern for Networking Systems & Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJuly 23, 2014
This was a good place to get a start and to get a good understanding of how things work.
Nice paced environment.
Internship (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJuly 10, 2014
First thing I would do is filing all student correspondence. Then I would sort transcript requests, then process each request.

Being detail oriented is a must.

The people are wonderful to work with and are eager to teach and help out in anyway.

The job is fairly easy and the flexability of scheduling is great.
Pros
flexalbe hours
Cons
not hiring for permenent positions.
Flexible and enjoyable
INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Lakewood WAJuly 7, 2014
Teaching online allows for me to work with student on their and my own time.
its a library its quite
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMarch 25, 2014
Yes i worked in the library while attending college there part of my work-study financial aid grant nice place to work people there are really nice too
grat hours, fun place to work
Corrections Program Coordinator - Work Study (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMarch 12, 2014
I loved this position, The people I worked with were amazing, I made a lot of great memories.
Pros
great hours
Microsoft Certified Trainer, Microsoft NT4.0
Microsoft Certified Trainer, College Professor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 10, 2014
Instruct and test college level students in: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Operating System MS - DOS 6.0 A+ certification WAN/LAN Networks TCP/IP and Web Server Setup Configure Routers for use with TCP/IP and NetBui, DHCP server configuration, Wireless Printing, Backup data. Setting permissions on objects stored in the directory such as organizational units, users, contacts, groups, computers, printers, and shared file objects.
go from 0-60 and back down four times a year
Cashier 2 / Customer accounts / Fiscal tech (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WANovember 6, 2013
A typical day is helping staff and students with their needs. Balancing spreadsheets, tracking loans, answering phones, at peak times very long lines and fast paced, other times very slow and relaxed. I was sent to several workshops for new knowledge and ways of doing things for the office and State requirements.
Management was not good, a lot of favoritism, moving up or changing to another department didn't happen based on merit, it is/was based on who you knew or what you did for them.
The hardest part of the job is how stressful the first 2-3 weeks of the school Qtr. is and then it dies down to a slow roll...very hard to go from 0-60 four times a year.
The best part of the job is meeting all the students, young, old returning or brand new. They made my day.
Productive workplace that supported education
Physics Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAOctober 30, 2013
I would start by organizing the materials needed for said project. Sometimes this would require ordering them etc. then i would go about constructing said project, and running verification experiments.
the least enjoyable part of this job, was the Human resources, they weren't very helpful do to logistical problems.

4.2