Pierce College Employee Reviews

Why I Think It's Time To Leave
History Professor (Current Employee) –  Steilacoom, WAMarch 13, 2017
The students are great; learning is wonderful; administration gets in the way.

I believe teaching is a calling; I also believe that administrators must treat faculty with respect and dignity. To be afraid to speak out for fear of losing one's job is no longer an option for me.
Pros
Academic Freedom
Cons
Interference from the top; micromanagement to the extreme
Great Education
Student (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAFebruary 16, 2017
This was a great place to receive an education. I enjoyed attending classes here. The teachers and staff are very qualified in their jobs.
That is a good company and largest in middle East
Gallery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 20, 2017
This company is one of the best company with very big investment in automotive technology and has a a huge R&D center but management is not good. Its under Peugeot french
Love this college
English Professor (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WADecember 10, 2016
I work for Pierce/JBLM and love every minute I get to work with the service men and women. It is an honor and privilege to be in the classroom.
sorry
School Custodian (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CADecember 8, 2016
sorry I left to come to Los Angeles this is a great place its upper education. The workers and the work is done by job description and they expect know less from the workers. assignments are easy and if there are problems just call your supervisor for help.
Pros
great place
Cons
Loved working with students and teaching business classes
Full Time Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAOctober 20, 2016
It was a great place to work and I was sad when my contract ended in June 2016. It was only a temporary position but I really enjoyed working at Pierce College.
Work study program
Administrative Assistant -Student Success (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WASeptember 8, 2016
i was an admin assistant. My typical day consisted of cleaning the office and filing paperwork. Hardest part was having to deal with the changes in management.
Close knit work culture with co-workers, bad management
Reporter (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJune 14, 2016
Very fun and relaxed work environment aside from deadlines and accuracy. Co workers become like a second family but management is poor.
great way to interact with kids who play sports
Chaperone/Mentor for basketball (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJune 2, 2016
A typical day at work started out with warm ups, then drills, lunch, scrimmage, and the daily challenge. The daily challenge was a one-on-one game.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Postive help for students
Front Desk Receptionist-Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAApril 7, 2016
Working at Pierce College helped to improve my educational opportunities. I worked in a very diverse area both with peers and with students. The manager was great to work with however the hours are unpredictable and limited.
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
limited hours and low pay
This job was one of the best jobs that I had. The reason be is that the demand for perfection and details
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WA 98374March 18, 2016
On a typical day at work was to make sure that the college was inspected from top to bottom corner to corner, to made sure that when the doors open the place was immaculate
Proactive and dedicated professionals
Executive Assistant to Director of Foundation (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAMarch 5, 2016
Work itself was very fulfilling because all of our work was related to helping students. Director's lead was inspiring and empowering. Learned about cultivating donors and building stewardship. Co-workers were the best group of professionals I have ever encounter. Hardest part of the job was not being able to sponsor a student when funds were not available. The most enjoyable part of the job was making Pierce College a great option for future professionals by providing services for the students and their educational needs.
Fun working in the Theater and Arts department
Assisting the Theater and Arts department (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 5, 2016
A great diversity of people and staff, who are very down to earth and friendly. They fit in with my schedule and are very flexible.
I enjoy being there.
Pros
Work study expereince
student helping other students
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 10, 2016
in a normal day we went around and helped student at an as needed basis. i specialized in conceptual calculus.

the level of math you taught was based on the highest level of math you passed.
Bringing people aware of social and economical problem as a event coordinator.
Event coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WADecember 6, 2015
I was a event coordinator at Pierce College.
I made events every week for students and the local community. I think I made a positive impact by creating events that would bring awareness of social and economical problems.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
It was only part-time
It was a great place to pick up extra work.
SBCTC Canvas Instructor (Current Employee) –  OnlineAugust 20, 2015
I taught faculty across Washington through the State Board of Community and Technical Colleges on a contract that ran through Pierce online. In reality, I was never on campus. The handful of times I needed to contact them in order to get something done, they were awesome about helping me fix whatever was broken.
I make sure that students benefit at DSHS will not be affected because I did not updated their information in the EJAS System.
Work First Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJuly 5, 2015
It's getting work done within the 4 hours everyday which is working smart. I have to check referrrals everyday that sent from DSHS to the Puyallup and Lakewood Campus. I have to call students and set up an appointment to meet with a WorkFirst Advisor and enter client notes in the EJAS system; having the accounting experienced more than 10 years about team work. I make sure that I updated every information in the EJAS System where the Caseworker/ WorkFirst Advisor can get all the details about a student.
Loved doing my Internship at Pierce college
Campus Safety Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Puyallup WaJune 17, 2015
• Compose and edit correspondence and memos from dictation, written, and verbal direction
• Prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit and distribute agendas and minutes of meetings as needed or requested
• Proofread and ensure clarity as well as grammatical and typographical accuracy (free from errors) of all written documentation including emails
• Manage confidential and non-routine information with absolute confidentiality
• Review mail, determine level of priority, and process accordingly; ensure all outgoing mail is prepared as necessary and to meet mailroom deadlines
Very Helpful
Computer lab administrator (Former Employee) –  6201 Winnetka Ave, Woodland Hills, CA 91371June 12, 2015
 Help students and faculty review their printing statement.
 Help lab users understand the charges made on their printing statement
 Diagnose software-based copier/printer problems.
 Diagnose logon problems with the deposit stations.
 Troubleshoot faulty hardware and software.
Excellent management and co-workers, fun environment promoting life long learning
Digital Design Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAFebruary 22, 2015
Excellent place to work. I feel right at home previously attending as a student. Management and staff are always helpful, I never have trouble getting questions answered or knowing what my job is. There are quite a few opportunities for advancement, even for an entry level position like tutoring. A great job for somebody interested in teaching in the future or a new graduate. The only downside being there are no benefits and pay is low, unless you are a professor or working elsewhere in the school, non-students are not allowed to work full-time and the hours are very limited.
Pros
Great management, excellent co-workers, great work environment
Cons
No benefits, low pay, limited hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pierce College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2