Pierce County Library Employee Reviews in United States

Bad place
Page (Former Employee) –  Fife, Gig Harbor WAAugust 27, 2015
Worked for the library system for about 3 years -- they were never supportive, claim to have a raise system in play that I never experienced. Most coworkers were flakes constantly calling in. The supervisors I had in Gig Harbor and Fife would smother you when they had an issue and ignore you when you had one. One of those places that play-acts real hard at being a 'family' but isn't there for you at all. Should focus some of that energy on making the workplace tolerable. Every other library I've worked for has been a perfect work environment, maybe it's because I'm not an elderly female that they chose to ice me out.
Positive environment
Technology Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJune 28, 2016
I really enjoy working with Lakewood library customers and employees. I also enjoy the quiet environment. This has been a great experience for me.
No good
SBE (Former Employee) –  Pierce CountyAugust 28, 2015
One of those smothering places where they claim to be a 'family' and to really care, then when you need their support or any sort of backing, they aren't there.
Very fun loving, employees easy to get along with
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 6, 2014
I would get there about 9:00 am and my supervisor would tell me would she needed done and I would get to work and get it done. When I was done with that job I would ask if there was anything else she needed done and she would tell me what she needed and I would get it done. If not then I would go to the Marketing and Communications Department and see if they needed me to do anything. I enjoyed the fun the we all had when I was working there.
Pros
learning about the library experience
Cons
not being paid but i enjoyed it.
Productive quiet workplace with minimal interactions.
Library Volunteer (Former Employee) –  University Place, WAJanuary 12, 2015
Enjoyed my work in keeping track of book inventory. A more slow pace job.

Want to know more about Pierce County Library?

Ask a question