About Hitachi Consulting
As Hitachi, Ltd.'s (NYSE: HIT) global consulting company, with operations in the United States, Europe and Asia, Hitachi Consulting is a recognized leader in delivering proven business and IT strategies and solutions to Global 2000 companies across many industries. With a balanced view of strategy, people, process and technology, we work with companies to understand their unique business needs, and to develop and implement practical business strategies and technology solutions. From business strategy development through application deployment, our consultants are committed to helping clients quickly realize measurable business value and achieve sustainable ROI.
Hitachi Consulting's client base includes 25 percent of the Global 100 as well as many leading mid-market companies. We offer a client-focused, collaborative approach and transfer knowledge throughout each engagement
This position requires a broad range of development skills and the ability to step in to different roles depending on the size and scope of an engagement. The qualified candidate would have proven experience developing successful Business Intelligence solutions.
- Data model development, documentation, writing custom scripts and/or code following best practices
- Work in a “hands-on” capacity to devise and deliver custom business intelligence solutions
- Share best practices with other members of the consulting team
- Experience developing and delivering solutions in Microsoft Business Intelligence environments.
- Strong conceptual knowledge of business intelligence design and implementations including: data modeling, data warehousing, data marts, data cubes, ETL design, etc.
- Familiar with all aspects of data warehousing technology
- Experience in developing business Intelligence strategies
- Provide maintenance and production support on existing reports
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Accounting, Systems Engineering, Business, Finance
- Advanced degree such as an MBA or other Master’s degree is a plus
- Prior experience or knowledge of High Tech Industry a plus
- 3-5 years consulting background with a record of delivering complex technical solutions within defined timeframes
- Strong development skills with at least two of the following tools: Microsoft SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, MDX
- Experience with Microsoft business analyst tools PowerPivot, Power View, Excel Services, AS-Tabular model and DAX a plus
- Able to facilitate meetings and working sessions with client and internal personnel on complex and possibly divisive or controversial subjects and topics
- Communicates complex technical/functional information, scenarios, or specifications to multiple internal and external business and technical audiences; addressed appropriately at a level that suites the audience
- Effectively mentors, coaches, guides, and leads development workstreams
- Supports project directors and OICs in the management of project teams and solutions
- Works well independently or on a team
- Demonstrated success in developing knowledge capital
- Excellent analytical skills, critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Strong time management skills and multitasking abilities
- Regular and expeditious travel throughout the United States and occasionally overseas is required to meet client needs and timetables.
- Available to be stationed at and work from an out-of-town client site for an extended period of time. Location
Dallas, Houston, Seattle
** Stable, competitive salary
** 3 or more weeks of paid time off (depending on level)
** 12 paid holidays (including the last week of December)
** Excellent health benefits upon first day of employment
** 401K with matching
** World class training both locally, web-based, and at our national training center
** Recognition by your peers and leadership team at fun quarterly meetings
** Promotion and bonus opportunities based on your merits through our annual & semi-annual employee review process
** Employee perks i.e. discount purchase plans and membership discounts for vehicles, consumer electronics, retailers, and fitness membership
Indeed - 24 months ago
Hitachi Consulting, a unit of Japanese technology giant Hitachi, provides business management and information technology consulting...