The position will be responsible for the construction operations of the company, estimating and project managing a variety of projects as needed. Performance is evaluated on the timeliness and efficiency of operations of construction. Areas include Pre-construction Management, Project Managers, Shop and Field Operations. Candidate must have a strong background in specialty metal products which include the fabrication and installation of metal products (Stainless Steel, Iron, etc.) creating the following products for commercial applications: Handrails, Elevator Doors, Interior Elevator Cabs, Wall Panels, Custom Metal Base, Platforms, Cladding as needed, etc.
Daily Operational Management Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage the quality of all shop and field operations to ensure quality and timelines are met.
- Estimate Specialty Metal Work
- Coordinate all work to be estimated with other estimators
- Develop relationships with clients and estimate customer specialty metal need
- Project Manage Work Obtained to include fabrication, installation and achieving budget goals
- Oversee Shop and Field production to ensure quality and timelines are met
- Order materials for jobs
- Coordinate with team on upcoming workload
- Coordinate special projects as required
- Maintain accurate and appropriate reporting and records for all accounts
- Provide input to Estimators on job bidding when requested
- Review plans, specifications and other contract documents to assure a clear understanding of projects.
- Monitor projects for potential cost savings ideas
- Review and acquire a strong understanding of the performance and work needed on each project and execute accordingly
- Provide input for billings and work in progress contracts
- Schedule and facilitate project turnover meetings participating with estimating and other team members.
- Attend and schedule job meetings as required
- Assure jobs are pre-planned and scheduled ahead of time. Provide input at weekly scheduling meetings
- Work closely with detailing providing input so that shop drawings reflect efficient methods of fabrication and installation
- Price and complete change orders in a timely fashion
- Aggressively promote safety and a safe working environment to all employees
- Regularly evaluate field installation and production methods looking for ways to improve productivity and efficiency
- Coordinate deliveries to the job site
- Order and coordinate with equipment needs for the jobsites
- Assist and train estimators and project managers as needed. Develop and execute training plans in coordination with the company President.
Position is based in Smyrna, Georgia