Piggly Wiggly Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome employer
Assistant Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 27, 2016
Awesome. Enjoyed my time there and the employer was fair and honest. No complaints or nothing bad to say about this company. I would still be there if they didn't close
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCAugust 23, 2016
I loved working at good ole piggly wiggly. I met so many people and become friends with a lot of them as well. I learned how different people in the communicate and live day to day.
Very good for a first job!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vass, NCAugust 23, 2016
Piggly Wiggly is the perfect place to work for teenagers or for someones first job. You learn great customer service skills, you deal with money and the responsibility of making sure your drawer isn't short of the end of your shift. You work with inventory and stocking the shelves. When I was there I was on of the girls who took responsibility for night shift. At piggly wiggly there aren't oppurtunities to move up and its very hard to get a full time position which is the reason I left. The hardest part of the job for me personally was juggling all the departments they had me helping in. I was up front on the registers, helping the dairy manager, stocking the shelves on truck day as well as getting customers, and I had to train new employees. Although I loved being busy and doing all those things it did make my job harder. I loved the customers for the most part. I work in a small town so you get to know many people on a first name basis and get to kow them very wel. I loved that about my job.
Pros
Good experience for customer service
Cons
No chance of moving up
Good job for teenagers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCAugust 22, 2016
Piggly wiggly is a good job for high school and college students. A typical day at piggly wiggly is bagging groceries and running the register
Piggly wiggly
Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCAugust 21, 2016
the workers are nice and some of the management but all in all its and okay place to work depending on with department u get in.
good for a student
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSAugust 21, 2016
I place where you learn to work A place where school is first. A place where you will meet a whole staff of cool people even the manager He act like a dad
Pros
great work place
Cons
no pay
Awful management and no raises
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hueytown, ALAugust 16, 2016
Was a good place to work until I hit my 90 days, the raises that were promised were never seen when you asked abt it they would say if you don't like then leave.
fast past environment
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, WIAugust 15, 2016
Started with checking and changed to night manager and then to produce manager. I was in charge of the department for the stocking ordering, schedules for employees of the department. I had to maintain freshness of our product. Customer service was number one
a day working for the pigggly wiggly
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 12, 2016
- fist you clock in at your starting time. and you start bagging right off the bat. you say hello, how are you doing today madam/sir? then you bag there grocery's and take there grocery's out for them and you put the grocery's inside the vehicle and say have a very pleasant day madam/sir. then go back and do it agean all day with a smile on your face.

- i learned that no matter what you need to be very kind to the customer every time.

- the management was very strict but very helpful.

- the hardest part of the job is when its is raining very hard or a bad storm is going on.

- the best part of the job has to be meeting new people every day and putting a smile on there face and making there day better if u can.
Pros
good customers, management, and coworkers.
Cons
rude customers, weather, break time
Really great place to work
Cashier/head cashier/ stocker (Former Employee) –  Eufaula, ALAugust 12, 2016
you meets warm and tender faces at times, but its great to put a smile on a customers face and know you have made their day.from answer questions for customers to stocking the shelves Piggly wiggly is a great and enjoyable place to work.
Bookkeeper/ Frontend manager/ (Former Employee) –  Hollywood SCAugust 10, 2016
Tate pig was a job to work for. I rate them a 10.
The environment was nice. And the employees was a joy to work with. I really enjoyed working for the company
Productive and fun working place, always keeping busy.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Pinson, ALAugust 9, 2016
Discount, friendly employees. I stock shelves an check for any bad dates. I'm always working an on time. I've started off as a bagger, then move to cashier now I stock shelves. My mangers are laid back my co workers are helpful.
Pros
Longer breaks, discount
Cons
No healthcare insurance
Friendly Place
Deli (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCAugust 8, 2016
I loved working here. I love the people I worked for and with. I loved helping my customer. Very outgoing and environmental friendly. Everyone helps other out. All can come together an solve a problem if there happens to come about. I learned that when our having a bad day customers seems to always know how to out a smile on your face.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Team Help
Insane and a terrible work inveriment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALAugust 6, 2016
A typical day working for the piggly wiggly is not so bad if it wasn't for the workers and managers. The job it self is not hard but with the people who work there, personally I would have never applied there if I knew it was the way it was when I did work there. Nothing about the stores is good including the food. The workers and managers never really helped and the managers never did their jobs. There is nothing enjoyable about working at piggly wiggly. It is not worth any time.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
No longer working there.
Great company
Assistant Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 29, 2016
This was a great place to work. I left when the company got into trouble and started closing their doors. I didn't want to be without a job so i left when i got the chance.
Kind and understanding owners in a standard work environment
Office Administrator (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  East Point, GAJuly 28, 2016
Typical work day involved a routine, payroll, inventory, or financial records and converting backlogs of physical records into digital formats. Occasionally I was required to help with stocking or manning a register. My employers understood the importance of a strong, motivated work ethic but were understanding of their employees. Grievances were taken seriously and they tried their best to resolve them immediately if possible.
Very fun place!
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 26, 2016
I love my Piggly Wiggly!!!!! i been there for 7 1/2 years!!!!! i'm so mad they close down!!!!,,,, Very comfortable place to work for!!!!!
Pros
healthcare
Cons
short breaks
Simple task to complete and great people to work with.
Cashier part-time (Former Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSJuly 21, 2016
Management is very well taken care of and the employees are very nice. A great place to work for a part-time position Customers are well taken care of as well.
They had a few loyal employees.
Cashier/Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSJuly 19, 2016
There is not a lot of positive things to say about this particular grocery store, but I will say there seems to be several happy customers.
I enjoyed my work environment. The hardest part of my job would be that I was promised different advancements in the company, which I was never given. They would hire outside of the store instead. I would have to say that the most enjoyable part of this job was the customers.
Pros
management would help out when we were short handed
Cons
no room for advancement
how do you come to a conclusion that it's a good idea to have a ping pong table in the productivity workplace!
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Lindale, GAJuly 16, 2016
love the customers and my co-wokers! the most enjoyable was the days that i had time to make are cook something my customers wanted, because i could meet and make sure our customers was satisfied! the hardest was trying to keep my customers happy with having to put up with higher manament! you would have to be there favorite to make it and have a good day even customers seen it!
Pros
no free anything
Cons
no brakes for deli

2.9