Piggly Wiggly Employee Reviews

Great for a second job.
Floor Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Blakely, GA 39823December 20, 2017
I worked as a floor tech while going to school. Overall I was satisfied with the company. The pay was not great but it helped me pay the bills. Good for a second part-time job.
Fast pasted
Part-Time Employment (Former Employee) –  Water Valley, MSDecember 20, 2017
It was always a fast pasted work day. I loved meeting new people and talking to older people everyday. Putting smiles on their faces and being able to help them meant a lot to me.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Not long enough breaks
Okay place to work
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 19, 2017
To be honest this job wasn't for me, the manager of the deli was hardly there to help and was rude when I got sick was not helpful at all. The deli is a fast stressful place to work
Piggly Wiggly is alright but very stressful to work there!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scott, LADecember 19, 2017
A typical day at Piggly Wiggly in Scott, La. is pretty simple but it can get a little hectic with having to learn how to work the cash register but after learned, its a breeze!
cashier
Retail Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 18, 2017
I worked their many years ago, Not allowed to move around, had to stand in one spot.. The management was good, and understanding. hardest part was lifting heavy items.
Pros
good management
Cons
no benifits
A basic retail job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Slinger, WIDecember 18, 2017
Okay as a basic retail job. Doesn't offer many benefits. The hours as a part time worker can be inconsistent and vary from day to day. It's okay as a starter or hold over job, but not as a career.
Great staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Holstein, WIDecember 17, 2017
Staff was great and managers were very understanding. Very relaxed and easy work. Hours were very inconsistent though. Overall working here was a great place to be the staff was fun to be around.
very cutthroat for no reason
General Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 14, 2017
just another grocery chain with poor management and no benefits uses their employees for their own benefits. would not recommend working for them. the most enjoyable part of the job were my regular customers
Pros
my customers
Cons
management
Working at the Piggly Wiggly
Grocery Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hartford, WIDecember 13, 2017
Working there was not a good experience at all, the whole way the run the company is horrible. They did not clean like they were suppose to. I was afraid to eat stuff from the deli. Management was horrible and lazy.
Good Family-Feel Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIDecember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working there. It was a constantly moving environment I never got bored. I liked my co-workers and the pay was decent for an out of high school job.
dont do it
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 12, 2017
I worked for piggly wiglly for three years. I would work 10 hour days and only be given one fifteen minute break that I had to clock out for. my manager made me cry almost daily and when a new store opened instead of promoting from the inside they had us training new people. It was a real confidence dumper.
Great Work Place
Head Stocker (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCDecember 11, 2017
Piggly Wiggly is a great place to work at, has great pay, great, co-workers, great management. I learned how to manage money, responsibility,and great leadership. Piggly wiggly was a enjoyable job to have and the management worked with you and your requests. If i had the opportunity to return i would take it.
Pros
1hr break, weekly pay, reasonable managers, .
Cons
some rude customers
easy going environment
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Byhalia, MSDecember 7, 2017
on this job I learned how to stock. Also I used people skills to associate and help customers. I worked in every department in the grocery store. Everyday we would bag groceries and assist customers
Relaxing job
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GADecember 6, 2017
Fun place with tons of extremely nice and helpful people, but zero benefits. You're asked to do a lot for minimum wage which can feel daunting since there's no where to go in this place.
Good job for young people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALDecember 5, 2017
Nice job but not enough money to live on your own and be comfortable. Good job for people first starting like 16 years old. only got 1 raise out of being there 3 years.
productive and social
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 4, 2017
Working at Piggly Wiggly as a part time job while in college has been good to me. They have good management who are flexible with me as a student. I enjoy the people I meet and the things I randomly learn from the encounters with them I make.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no pay raises
Fast paced and stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hueytown, ALNovember 30, 2017
I did not enjoy working here. It was my job in high school and I stayed there for awhile even after I graduated. People were rude and not enough pay at all.
Pros
Good break time
Cons
Not enough pay
Good enviroment
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Boaz, ALNovember 29, 2017
It feels like home going into the store. Everyone is so nice and it is a very laid back place to work. Some jobs are more fast paced than others but for the most part a very good place to work.
Overall great place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maxton, NCNovember 29, 2017
It was the first job I ever had and at the time it was the best job ever. I had wonderful coworkers and great management it was like everyone worked well together.
Has a great time working there
Asst.market manger (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 29, 2017
I worked there for 8 years. It was and still is a very busy store. I very nice store also. It was well stocked, cleaned and managed.I would tefer anyone that wants to work there do so.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Healthcare