Piggly Wiggly Employee Reviews in United States

good work enviroment productive
ASSISTANT PRODUCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company but the pay was not good for all the work I had to do we had no male help we had to unload and put up all of our products we got trucks seven days a week.
Pros
1st shift good boss
Cons
no breaks no male help
Customer Friendly
Meat Stocker (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIMarch 6, 2016
All the associates were friendly to the customers and helpful. The management team was great. They listen to my concerns and my advise
a hard place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Aliceville, ALMarch 3, 2016
A typical work day at piggly wiggly is hard, from dealing with the different attitudes of customers, co-workers and management as well. To work at piggly wiggly you must be able to control your temper.
A place full of life...
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burgaw, NCMarch 2, 2016
My day at work has something different going on either funny or shocking. I've learned how to deal with multiple personalities and attitudes. I've even grown myself things that people say or do no longer bother me. Management has changed for the better I must say since I started in 2013 as well as co-workers even trained a few myself love them all and would want them to change a thing about themselves. The hardest part of my job is thinking about the day I put in my two week notice to move on in life and start my career. I love all my mangers although I have two favorites that keep my smiling and laughing all shift long.
Pros
Appreciation on the holidays, like mothers day
Cons
Cashiers have to pay for fountain drinks, where as the other departments don't.
Fun workplace, not so fun pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 2, 2016
Working the cash register at piggly wiggly is an interesting experience. During most of your day there won't be much real cashier work being done, which is to be expected given that most people either work or go to school during the day. During these lulls your only responsibilities are to keep your area organized and help other cashiers with bagging. Without fail each shift has about an hour or two where business picks up and time flies by. The only unfortunate aspect is the pay isn't reasonable for anyone who isn't a student.
Pros
In-store discounts, friendly work environment, opportunities for overtime.
Cons
Low pay.
Great atmosphere with customer care
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCFebruary 29, 2016
Piggly Wiggly did a very good job at making their stores feel like a ma & pop establishment and take good care of their customers. Employees were encouraged to start up conversations and be friendly with not only customers but other workers, creating an overall nice atmosphere.
Fun work environment with great community involvement
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day at Piggly Wiggly was cold, wet, and bloody. I learned a lot about cutting meat an dealing with meat items an the handling an being able to tell how fresh meat is by the look an smell of the meat. I did not care for the management but it did not slow my work environment down at all. I loved working with my co-workers. They were always fun an tried to keep you smiling. My co-workers were also very good on helping me questions or any trouble I might of had. The hardest part of the job was the cold an dealing with all the blood. The most enjoyable part of the job was establishing a new trade an dealing with the community I was working in, because I lived right down the road from Piggly Wiggly.
Pros
Fun work environment an great trade to learn.
Cons
Cold, wet, an very bloody work environment.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ayden, NCFebruary 23, 2016
Piggly Wiggly was a good job. I was a cashier, I also assisted customers with finding items on their grocery list they couldn't find. I worked in a positive environment around helping managers and co workers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAFebruary 18, 2016
Get to meet people and help them with items. Decent place to work. Enjoyable and gratifying when you can help the customers.
Pros
good management
Cons
healthcare
customer based job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NC 28501February 15, 2016
a typical day at work begins with counting in and starting your register, then ringing up customers and being courteous and efficient. Management is mostly okay, sometimes hard to get along with. The hardest part of the job is a toss up between the unpredictable hours and the customers who are difficult to deal with. The most enjoyable part of the job is connecting with people.

Want to know more about Piggly Wiggly?

Ask a question
Basic high school job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCFebruary 11, 2016
There are a lot of high school students working there. A lot of unnecessary conflict. There is poor management, managers are not on the same page. The owner has a lot of family members working for him.
Pros
learning about customer service
Cons
short breaks, not up to date on medical, poor management
Cold cuts, Inventory
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCFebruary 10, 2016
I learned different types of Cold Cuts, I love how the customers Leave happy either with a hot meal or Some Great meat for a sandwich
Pros
Customers
Cons
having to break down the hot table
Great work inviroment
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSFebruary 9, 2016
I always enjoyed coming into work and being able to joke around with my co-workers while we got our jobs done. It was a good location and every time I went into work I knew that I would have a blast and I knew I would get my job done because I did the same thing everyday
Pros
Managers were fun to be around
Cons
some of the customers were rude
Productutive and fun work place good temporay job, no room for advancement
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Muskego, WIFebruary 9, 2016
Busy at times. Friendly customers and co-workers. I learned about the different types of fruits and vegetables. The job wasn't difficult. Training was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no benifits at all.
Slow with customers but easy to get work done
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIFebruary 2, 2016
Your work day will go quick if you do everything you are supposed to do. Mornings are slow but when school/work lets out there is a lot of customers to tend to.
Pros
loved my managers
Cons
low pay, high expectations, unmotivated coworkers
Warm and friendly environment.
DSD Receiver (Current Employee) –  Warrior, ALFebruary 1, 2016
* Handle incoming and outgoing products.
* Review pricing on items.
* Assist customers.
* Run a cash register if need be.
* I learned great time management skills.
A highly rewarding job but damaged by negative individuals.
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Randolph, WIFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at work was usually fun, challenging, creative, and something I looked forward to. I learned a great deal from my bakery manager on how to decorate cakes and expand my creativity. My bakery manager was wonderful to work with, however the deli manager was awful. Most of the coworkers were wonderful people. The hardest part of the job was working with an individual that was highly unprofessional and verbally abusive. The most enjoyable part of the job was my bakery manager, several other wonderful people, and a job that allowed me to express my creativity.
Pros
Good people and a creative environment.
Cons
Some individuals are not worth keeping a job.
This was one of the highlights of my day.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Butler, ALJanuary 29, 2016
Piggly Wiggly is a great job especially if you enjoy working around a huge group of people as your teammates and assisting the customers with their needs.
Customer serivce
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSJanuary 22, 2016
greeted and assisted customers. operated cash register. trained new coming employees. cashed payrolls checks and operated western union.
Pros
greet management
Cons
handling unclean meat when scanning
Friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAJanuary 21, 2016
Just like any other job, there were some good days and some bad days but my good days out weighed my bad days. Customers loved my customer service and voted me as the friendliest cashier.
Pros
off on most holidays
Cons
the company closed very late