PIGGLY WIGGLY

PIGGLY WIGGLY Employer Reviews

Good Job
UTILITY CLERK- PARCEL PICKUP (Former Employee), Monroe, WIJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great people, interactive
Cons: physically demanding
Very physical work, but it has great people. I was Either listed as grocery, dairy or parcel pickup duty. With parcel pickup my typical day included bagging groceries, facing the store, and loading customer groceries into their vehicles.
No breaks and little care for employees
Cashier (Former Employee), Bailey, NCJuly 22, 2014
Cons: everything
Working here was miserable for me. The customers were pleasant enough but to management did not seem to care about how the employees felt, often pulling them from breaks to work when there was no need- sometimes refusing breaks altogether. The coworkers seemed to keep each other energized. Of course they would have to, because as I said, sometimes they – more... didn't get breaks. The hardest part of the job was being unable to rest at any given moment. There were no enjoyable parts. – less
A great learning experience
Customer Service (Current Employee), Sumter, SCJuly 22, 2014
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at Piggly Wiggly starts by using the clock in system. Then I would get my till (cash) from the office. I count the till to make sure there was the right amount of change in it. I would then put the tills in the cash register. I would assist customers in a timely manner. I cashed pay checks and handled large amounts of money via western – more... union. I sold lottery tickets and money orders. I would handle refunds and answer the telephone. I made sure the cashiers and baggers were doing their job. I would send employees on break when necessary. – less
First Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Bethel, NCJuly 19, 2014
Pros: breaks
I love working in the grocery store. It was a very small town so everyone knew everyone. I love working in a family oriented environment.
good place
Produce Manager (Former Employee), Hackleburg, ALJuly 18, 2014
I really loved my job until the tornado destroyed our store April 2011. had great crew of people I worked with.
Out-Standing Work envoriment
Office Supervisor (Current Employee), Geneva, ALJuly 18, 2014
The experience I've had the Piggly Wiggly has made me the person I am today, as well as my experience as a waitress at Beef O' Brady's. Hard work as well as the art of having a respected personality is exactly what the companies have offered me. Some days work is complicated extensionally working with the public, but it has taught me a lot.
Not a fun place to work
Bakery/Deli Manager (Former Employee), Springhill, LAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: small town
While I work there most of equipment were out of date. The oven I use was a old pizza oven was built in the 1940 so it was hard to bake thing right and done. no bread slicer and the proof box didn't always work.

As a bakery / Deli manager you give up what little home life you had to work there.
nice
STOCKER, BAGGER, CASHIER (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 17, 2014
it was a good job. My coworkers were a joy to be around but the management was not nice. Everyday was ok but the management didn't make the job feel like a job.
enjoyed working with people
Stocker/ Cashier (Former Employee), Rome, GAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: really great customers
Cons: low hours and pay
would stock shelves and help customers, run register, bag groceries etc. worked with some good people
Consistent workplace with room for advancement.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Sumter, SCJuly 15, 2014
As a courtesy clerk the day would typically consist of bagging groceries and carrying heavy orders.
I love it
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Clinton, NCJuly 11, 2014
It was hands on.I love helping other people out.And I love to see people smile and helping other people out
the hardest part of the day
Cashier/ customer service (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 10, 2014
the hardest part of the day is when co-workers take lunch breaks and we do not have enough people to cover the shift i have to make sure im done with my office work so i can assist the customer at check-out
Productive and fun work place. fast pace environment
Grocery Manager (Current Employee), Moncks Corner, SCJuly 9, 2014
unload trucks. stock shelves. daily maintenance of shelves
Like the work enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCJuly 7, 2014
Typical day at work would be running the cash register, help bag groceries, and assist customers in items they're looking for. The assistant managers are really cool and everyone I work with has their own unique personality, it's quite interesting to me.
Productive and enjoy my work
Cashier, Checking out Customers (Former Employee), Scott, LAJuly 7, 2014
I work hard everyday and do what the manager ask me to do, I learn something new everyday. I get along with my co workers.
I worked as a cashier, office and floral manager
Cashier and Office Manager (Former Employee), Kewaskum, WIJuly 3, 2014
Pros: employees, customers, atmosphere
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed working at Piggly Wiggly very much! I love meeting and talking to different people and helping them with their grocery and floral questions.
Not For Career Minded Individuals
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Clinton, NCJune 26, 2014
Pros: low turnover.
Cons: not for career minded individuals in my opinion.
Great place to learn customer service skills.

Great job for teenagers.

Store Manager of Piggly Wiggly #13 is very pleasant to work with and tries to work with you!!!!
normal grocery store
CASHIER (Former Employee), Tracy City, TNJune 22, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: constantly being called in and then sent home
Was a pretty okay place to work,but I was attending high school at the time I worked here and they required a lot from me .
locker rooms, good lunch area, good security
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Brighton, ALJune 19, 2014
Pros: bonuses for completing more orders than requierd. per week
Cons: none that i can think of
For 8 hours we grab an electric pallet jack off line, and then grab an order sheet. Completing 12 orders a day. Pull tickets and fill orders, and load the docking area in a safe and timely manner insuring that all tickets are completed on time. The environment was nice you could work in the conditions. There was diversity in the workplace also teamwork. – more... Our group treated each other professionally but like family. – less
fun
Cashier (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJune 19, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
I just didn't make enough money. I was there for three years and was never offered a position in management. I have no bad words about Piggles. Its a great place for a teenager to work. Its supplemental income and its a fun place to work.

About PIGGLY WIGGLY

Piggly Wiggly Carolina Company operates more than 100 Piggly Wiggly supermarkets throughout South Carolina and southeastern Georgia. – Read more

PIGGLY WIGGLY Photos