Piggly Wiggly

Piggly Wiggly Employee Reviews

company went downhill
District Supervisor (Former Employee), charleston, SCMay 27, 2015
This company started out as a family friendly company, but then went downhill. They tried to be something they are not and ended up folding.
NA
Cashier (Former Employee), Lake City, SCMay 26, 2015
The days at the Pig was great, especially during the holiday when customers from all over the world stop by to shop. The hardest part about working there is trying to find something to do while there are no customers in the store or a slow day.
Small town grocery store
Cashier (Former Employee), Roberta, GaMay 21, 2015
Cons: no insurance, not very good pay
Ringing up customer grocery merchandise
Learned how to work good with customers and other employees
Most enjoyable part of job would be to know I could help the employees to my best ability
Great environment with great people.
Stocker (Former Employee), Childersburg, AlMay 21, 2015
Pros: Going to the bank with store manager not being at the store still getting paid.
I clocked in to work. I went to the store manager to asked what is to be done. I either had to stock foods or get buggies. I learned the proper way to stock foods, which went by the dates. The management overall was good. The co-workers were fun to be around and work with. The hardest part of the job was to front all of the items in the store before closing time. The most enjoyable part of my job was stocking the food.
Great working with the public
Cashier (Former Employee), monroe, wiMay 20, 2015
Friendly people and a great atmosphere, the workers are so nice and will help you with whatever you need. Worked as a cashier and everyone would help out everyone else.
Job Security with mininal oppertunities to Move up
Butcher/ Meat Cutter (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMay 20, 2015
A typical work day starts at 6 and ends at 3. The hardest part of the job is knowing how hard you job or what other things learned will not be able to move up in the Company.
a day with piggly wiggly
Meat Associate (Former Employee), Sumter, SCMay 20, 2015
Pros: team work customers and assistant meat market manager
Cons: didnt appreciate the co worker being rude to my customers
Ive learned that you have to be fast paced,work hard and to be able to multitask which I can. customers are most important. and working with coworkers was a great experience, my assistant meat market manager trained me well,hardest part of the job was working all meat cases and having to work lunch meat pallets which were 6 while a co worker walked around smoking and rude to customers over all co workers in market are great.
Fun job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMay 16, 2015
I think Piggly Wiggly is a great job for high school students. I enjoyed working there and I learned a lot. I would recommend this job to students.
Productive and fun place to work.
Customer Service Desk (Former Employee), Beaver Dam, WIMay 15, 2015
Working at the front desk assisting customers and cashiers with their needs. Being in clothing retail prior, I learned about how food retail works. My co-workers were great, day and night shifts. Having to close many nights we had more of a team. There was no hard part to the job. The most enjoyable part of the job were the customers. It was a lot of fun when I would do personal shopping with the customers.
The Piggly is fun sometime.
Cashier,bagger, stocker, customer service (Current Employee), aliceville, alMay 13, 2015
Cons: no break, no health care, no dental
A typical day is slow, boring, and long since the new owners buy the store in 2012 business. The things I've learned they years pay close attention at work and always respect your customers. My co- workers or good friends and go workers. The hardest part of the job is rude customers. The most enjoy part of the job is begin around good people and have fun.
Being a cashier at Piggly Wiggly is hard
Customer Service (Former Employee), Macon GAMay 13, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: health care and hours
They need to up date there systems. Working at the store is fun but corporate makes it hard to work there. They don't give you enough hours
Productive Work place
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIMay 12, 2015
Pros: people friendly
Cons: short lunch
It was a good place to work. I enjoyed being able to help out the customers with whatever they needed. Managment was great for the short period of time i was there.
manager was very rude
Cashier (Former Employee), Butler, ALMay 6, 2015
got attitude every day the customers were nice but the head employees were rude
How to take it one day at a time and
co workers were great
dealing with attitudes from the head
seeing the smiling faces of customers
Fun and easy work place
Deli Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Beloit, WIMay 4, 2015
I enjoyed working at a grocery store because there are a lot of friendly people and employees. The work was very easy, the same everyday. I learned how to account for inventory here.
Cashier (Current Employee), Washington, NCMay 4, 2015
I learned how to work with the public. The management is amazing there. My co-workers are the best. The hardest part of the job was working the difficult people while keeping a smile on my face. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Fun at times other times not so much
CAKE DECORATOR (Former Employee), Manning,SCMay 1, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Stressful at times
This job isn't so bad you will have good days and bad but that's with any job. They offer 401k after a year, Christmas bonuses, life insurance, and when its called for they're good about giving raises. I enjoyed my time there but needed a different scene.
Great Atmosphere
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Watertown, WIApril 28, 2015
Pros: 10% back on a gift card of what you spend grocery shopping
Cons: Not enough Hours
I've learned a lot from cashiering, stocking, bagging. I've also have been in the Floral Dept I've learned making flower arrangements, corsages, boutonniere's , order flowers, customer service. I enjoy meeting and working with my co-workers. I would say the hardest part of the job is making sure tasks are done on time to please customers, The most enjoyable part is staying busy and always learning something new everyday.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Blakely, GAApril 28, 2015
I enjoyed my job. You get to meet different, people it was very interesting. The most enjoyable part of my job was providing great customer service.
A good place to work. Everyone was like part of your. family.
Cashier (Former Employee), Savannah, GAApril 27, 2015
I enjoyed my work. I enjoyed most of the people I worked with. I looked forward to going to work everyday. I had my everyday customer's and every week customer's. You look forwards to seeing them.
One of the best jobs that I've had.
Stocker (Former Employee), Watertown, WIApril 26, 2015
I really liked working at Piggly Wiggly. It was a fun place to work. I worked in a wide variety of jobs at the grocery store. It was really nice to develop a relationship with the customers that live in the community.

About Piggly Wiggly

Piggly Wiggly Carolina Company operates more than 100 Piggly Wiggly supermarkets throughout South Carolina and southeastern Georgia. – Read more

Piggly Wiggly Salaries