Piggly Wiggly Employee Reviews

Found 1,002 reviews matching the search
Not very positive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, WIMarch 9, 2017
My experience here was terrible. Management was very high strung and negative. Mistakes of any kind where not tolerated to any extent even when just starting. Asking questions was met with snarky response. Personal health issues of mine where ignored and I was even written up for having a panic attack.
Cons
Rude managment, scheduling request often ignornedq
Decent place to work.
Cashier/Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Jennings, LAOctober 2, 2016
Good job for a beginner or high school kid. Honest living. No benefits. Shift work. Most of the management is very understanding. Enjoyable atmosphere.
a day working for the pigggly wiggly
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 12, 2016
- fist you clock in at your starting time. and you start bagging right off the bat. you say hello, how are you doing today madam/sir? then you bag there grocery's and take there grocery's out for them and you put the grocery's inside the vehicle and say have a very pleasant day madam/sir. then go back and do it agean all day with a smile on your face.

- i learned that no matter what you need to be very kind to the customer every time.

- the management was very strict but very helpful.

- the hardest part of the job is when its is raining very hard or a bad storm is going on.

- the best part of the job has to be meeting new people every day and putting a smile on there face and making there day better if u can.
Pros
good customers, management, and coworkers.
Cons
rude customers, weather, break time
Great Place to work .. Love dealing with customers and helping them out when neede
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Northport Al.March 3, 2017
Love stocking. I'm a people person love to help others. It's a great place to work but you don't get any benefits.The other employees are very nice to work with.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Short lunch breaks
It was a good job. Pretty easy and laid back environment
Produce Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grifton, NCJanuary 27, 2017
Wish the management could of been better but everyone was so nice. There was always something to do. You always met new people while working and you were allowed to try other positions like produce and cashier but if you wanted to stock you were able too
Fun job, but low pay and lower hours.
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Boaz, ALJanuary 23, 2017
I worked 20 hours a week (5 hours each day I worked) making 7.25/hr, and they pay each week. It wasn't a terrible job, as I really liked all my coworkers, and the time I worked each day was convenient. My duties were to bag groceries for people, carry outs, retrieve shopping carts, clean the restrooms, break room, back room, and the store by sweeping, mopping, buffing floors. I made bags of ice. I emptied all trash from the store. I would also pull certain produce items each night right before the store closed, and stock milk and some other items when asked to do so. All very simple stuff. I had a lot of time to myself working there, and had time to produce several creative thoughts. I would recommend this as a first job, or as a secondary job. I just couldn't handle the low pay, and had to look elsewhere for work.
Pros
Easy work, low stress
Cons
pay
Good Benefits and Sustainable Hours
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMarch 26, 2017
I enjoyed making the hours and working for piggly wiggly employers was okay. I would recommend employment to anyone. Thinking I might go back and getting a job there myself!
Pros
Hours Salary and Benefits
Cons
Some other employees were not always productive and on time
Horrible
Cashier/General Merchandise (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCFebruary 4, 2017
Getting a till and waiting around until someone acknowledge you. I learned nothing from this job. Management at this job is awful. The workplace is awful. The hardest part of the job is to get someone from management to come and help you. The people that I worked with.
Experience
Manager / Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Ware Shoals, SCFebruary 8, 2017
Advanced into a management position in less than a year. I am a dedicated worker and strive to give my all when it comes to any job I take on. I care for others as well as manage a business. I am a team player and desire to help others to the best of my ability.
Fun work place, bad management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boscobel, WIMarch 21, 2017
Management made working there horrible. Specific managers were power hungry and liked to rub it in their employees faces. Favorites were played and the whole work environment when dealing with the specific managers was unfair.
Great Place to Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCDecember 18, 2016
Typical Day: running a register and assisting customers
Learned: extensive use of a cash register
Management: excellent
Coworkers: good
Hardest Part: learning the PLU's for produce
Most Enjoyable: learning new skills and meeting new people
Pros
Relatively Good Pay
Cons
Short breaks
The one i worked at off Gallatin pike in east nashville closed permanently
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 6, 2017
I previously was working at The Piggly wiggly off gallatin pike which was recently shut down by The owner. However, The owners and management at the pig off old hickory Blvd are nice people.
Awesome place
Assistant Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Piggly Wiggly Taylorsville MsFebruary 7, 2017
This place is a great company that will definitely be there for you if you are willing to go the extra mile for them. They have great start out wages and even greater management.
Pros
ESOP retirement plan
Cons
No cons
Very hard and hot work working in kitchen
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCDecember 25, 2016
worked 7 to 14 hours a day depending on how busy it was. There was a big turn over of staff in the deli dept. The most enjoyable part was working with and serving the customers.
Pros
Friendliness of the customers
Cons
No benefits- no full time positions
Great Place to Work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowdon, GADecember 21, 2016
I loved all of my fellow co-workers. The environment was very nice and friendly. The store was always kept clean. The management was very helpful. Anytime I had a problem they had no problem helping me.
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
Night shifts
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ALMarch 26, 2017
The workers really disliked working here. It was not hard work. All you did was scan items to be purchased, took customers money and gave change, bagged such items, and provided a receipt.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Horrible pay, no benefits.
Wonderful Store
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hartford, ALOctober 31, 2016
Great Home Town Store.
My customers where my best assets.
Great management.
Best co-workers.
Hardest part was winning the customers back after the last manager.
Getting my employees to were the sandwich sign next to the road one weekend that we were doing a Boston Butt Sale.My employees were my most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Great Ads
Cons
Some items priced too high.
Good Onwership
Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Nekoosa, WIDecember 22, 2016
A typical day started a 3am and ended at 11am some days it went longer and others it was shorter it all depended on what was needed to be done. I learned how to really manage people in the bakery and how much of a leader I was to those who were willing to learn the trade. The owner was really nice he had a plan and he told you what he was looking for and let us manage what we did based on the plan and gave us the ability to be creative and create new ideas/products. The coworkers were great to work with especially when treated right. The hardest part of the job was trying to share an area with the deli as we in the bakery needed to have the oven more then them but with the catering the deli did it was hard to work around what we needed and what they needed. The best part of the job was the ability to create new recipes and new designs for the cakes as well as cookies and anything else that was scratch baked.
Pros
Had weekends off, able to set schedules to suit everyones needs
Cons
sharing oven, pay
Average Summer job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMarch 11, 2017
Can be stressful at times when it is busy. Mostly kind management. Co-workers can be hit or miss on their friendliness. Most tasks are relatively easy.
very productive work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Danville, VANovember 12, 2016
busy grocery store, always friendly with quick service. Happy to be at work to greet customers and other team members. This company does great in promotions where I a cashier of just one years was promoted to customer service-cashier
Pros
free close parking, discounts, in company promotions
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Piggly Wiggly. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9