Piggly Wiggly

Piggly Wiggly Employer Reviews

can't say
parcel pickup (Current Employee), Lancaster, WIFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: there are none
Cons: they have so many that it boggles the mind how they haven't been sued
I can't say without sounding like a disgruntled employee if I say anything anyway I'll lose my job (the rest of this is filler)
Exciting job
Student Clerk (Former Employee), New Roads, LAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great lunches
Cons: no benefits
Was a teenager when was working there job was very excited. Hours was great the store manager was very kind and respectful
Productive and encouraging enviroment
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Odenville, ALFebruary 24, 2015
Productive and encouraging environment, Good company, great to work for. Decent benefits, no set hours, long days, rare off days without very early notification
loved working at piggly wiggly
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Lancaster, SCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Piggly wiggly was a good place to work very nice and clean environment loved the managers and employees that worked there they were very helpful when needed and always wanted you to do better and move up
Typical low-skill, entry-level work.
Bakery assistant (Current Employee), Platteville, WIFebruary 23, 2015
Most positions are low-skill, entry-level positions, and thus pay poorly. Raises are negligible and unannounced, usually $0.10 every six months. Level of work or customer service varies by department. As far as the bakery department, there is pressure to complete a set list of tasks in limited time; the amount of work can be unpredictable and change as customers place orders. Young adults (e.g., college-age) hold most of the positions and a few do not take work seriously. Employee turnover is high, particularly in parcel and cashiering. One positive is that it is fairly easy to dictate your work schedule; managers are generally willing to do what they can to accommodate your requests for hours or days off.
Summer Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Griffin, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: summer job
Management is great to work with as well as co-workers. At work would be busy so would make the time go by if I had a long shift
I enjoyed working with the customer and staff.
Deli/Bakery Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kinston, NCFebruary 20, 2015
I learned a lot retail sales and management. I was able to use my organizational abilities and clerical skills. I hope to carry both of these trait with me to my next job.
Great starting job
Sales Clerk/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Eufaula, ALFebruary 13, 2015
Great way to start working. Here i learned how to sell products and how to engage customers effectively. Also learned the management side which at 17 was a great asset.
workplace
Office Manager (Former Employee), Warsaw, NCFebruary 12, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. I was here for 12 years. You could not have asked for management and co workers than what I worked with here. I love going to work and would work over time when some one was out. Even the owners were nice to you
Job
Stocker (Former Employee), Orangeburg, SCFebruary 12, 2015
Piggly Wiggly is a great place to work. I have been working there every since I was in high school. The managers are great!
A good company to work for
ASSISTANT BOOKKEEPER/ HBA CLERK (Former Employee), lake city, scFebruary 9, 2015
I enjoyed working with the company and hate to see them close stores. helping customer everyday. I learned that the customer are important.
Easy and fun place to work
Cashier/ Customer Service Mgr (Former Employee), Haleyville, ALFebruary 7, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Piggly Wiggly for many years. I knew everyone that worked there, had a good relationship with everyone. Some days I would be a customer service manager, cashier, or a stocker in different departments.
Ok place to work
Associate/Register (Former Employee), New Bern, NCFebruary 4, 2015
I enjoyed it for the time I was there. The pay didn't equal up to what I was expecting but I liked my co-workers and mangers. Me and the owner of the store really got along, great guy.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Wilson, NCFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: low pay
I did inventory daily of dry and wet goods in store. I cashiered as well and put stock up on the shelves as part of my job duties and as needed.
Very friendly and fun place to work
Deli Manager (Former Employee), Lee's Summit MissouriFebruary 2, 2015
Enjoyed working here, Arrive in morning prepare all food for the day. Place any orders. take care of customers. Co-workers and customers were very friendly.
Great Working place
Stock Clerk/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cuthbert, GAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: good lunch hour
Cons: working every sunday
Great work place where you can get the know people. Just couldn't get a better Schedule
Piggly Wiggly
Cashier (Former Employee), Janesville, WIJanuary 26, 2015
This was a great first job. I started as a cashier and was able to cross train in the deli. This is a family owned business. There are only about 30 employees here and they definitely make you feel like family. The management give you the skills needed to succeed in your position here and take with you to other companies.
great managers
cashier (Former Employee), Lancaster, SCJanuary 21, 2015
This was my first job so i really loved working here i would go straight to work right after school and would get off at like 1030 or earlier and i would go in and get my register and start ringing people up after that when there were no customers either people would clean or stock the shelves and then shop the store and make sure everything is right
people
Seafood Manager (Former Employee), Sumter SCJanuary 21, 2015
I am a people person and enjoyed my job and teaching others the layout of the market.
I enjoyed everything about this job.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Murray, KYJanuary 21, 2015
You always got to meet new people whether it be customers or co-workers. I worked in the office and did a variety of jobs never a boring moment.

About Piggly Wiggly

Piggly Wiggly Carolina Company operates more than 100 Piggly Wiggly supermarkets throughout South Carolina and southeastern Georgia. – Read more

Piggly Wiggly Salaries