Piggly Wiggly Employee Reviews

piggly wiggly
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Midfield, AL 35228October 5, 2017
my first job which I learn so many things. the manager were great and they show me everything I needed to know and learn a few things as a bagger or cashier.
Pros
easy job
Cons
shortbreaks
difficult
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCOctober 5, 2017
some days were better then others. customers always felt entitled, like even though you would follow store policy, they would look at you as if you are suppose to know who are (like someone famous or special and who are above the store policy) you would be doing your job and they'll complain to the manager like you cursed them or something. And the manager always sided with them...if you can handle that then its a pretty good job.
First job
Assistant Night Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Thief River Falls, MN 56701October 5, 2017
First job ever held. Management was super, coworkers were fun to work with. Store went out of business was the only reason I had to find another job.
Great High School Job
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 2, 2017
This is a great job for students in high school or the local college. I have become very aware of the fact that some people are not aware of timing and your relief will not be on time. The management is all about cutting hours and there are lots of times when there is not enough help.
Cons
people are always calling out or are late, understaffed
Laid back
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI 53533September 29, 2017
This job requires you to be very quick and also be very social with people. I enjoyed seeing some of the same customers come in every weekend and getting to know people. It was also very slow or laid back on many days and would get busier during the night hours.
It was great experience but I wanted to find something better
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALSeptember 27, 2017
The experience was great and I learned a lot about customer service I learned how to stock shelves I learned how to handle rude customers I meant a lot of new people
Balanced and a fun place to work
Stocker/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALSeptember 27, 2017
The Piggly Wiggly is a good place to start building experience. There, you learn how to work as a team. How to work in a fast pace environment. And how to deal with customers.
Pros
Making new friends. Work was easy. Everyone is polite.
Cons
Lack of promotion.
I like the work place.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 26, 2017
I like working at this job meeting new people all the time. I was always early and helpful to who ever needed a hand, I was there to help in what ever way I can.
Pros
health care
Cons
health care
It will do...Its a check every week.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCSeptember 26, 2017
Too much work, not enough hrs. Try to get in the meat dept. The managers give special treatment to certain employees. They do not give raises. It will work for a check.
The Pig
Meat Processor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 22, 2017
The managers work helpful, and the owners are ok, but the pay and benefits could have been a little bit better. Overall a good place to work it's a great job for a beginner.
Piggly Wiggly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, GASeptember 22, 2017
Piggly Wiggly most of the time had am amazing working environment. There was amazing co-workers and great management. Always something to do to stay busy. The customers were usually always a joy to see and help!
Pros
Great working enviornment
Cons
Not a lot of hours
fun place to work
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 21, 2017
The job is an ok place to work. Like every job it has its pros and cons. It all depends on what you make of it. What you put in is not what you get out because raises are in frequent.
Duties at Piggly Wiggly
STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Childersburgh AlSeptember 20, 2017
My duties included stocking shelves and rounding up buggies. I also worked in the meat department putting meat in meat trays, cleaned up work area, sprayed water to clean meat counter.
Pros
Income
Cons
Not enough pay
Great Job
Deli Clerk/Closer (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WISeptember 20, 2017
They were so good to me and provided a valuable job to put on my resume. It was enjoyable and i made friends very quickly. I recommend it to anyone who is applying for an entry level position or enjoys a work environment with trained professionals and who wants a challenging but enjoyable experience.
piggly wiggly meat department
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Manning, SCSeptember 19, 2017
A typical day at work usually the first of the month is very busy and fast paced. You have to make sure you rotate the dates of the meat from the current to the upcoming date. The workplace atmosphere is fair, we all wear the same uniform white collar shirts and khaki pants. Every employee is on a time schedule we all have hour lunches and need to be back before the other employee goes to lunch as well. We make sure the meat is clean and well to serve , make sure it is wrap securely so that there are not any holes or puncture in the package. We also make sure that there is enough meat for our customers especially if there is a great sale going on for that week
Pros
long lunches
benefits
fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wrightsville, GASeptember 18, 2017
i loved being a cashier. I really enjoyed meeting new people and this was how. It was a new feeling for me to be in that type of work and the more people i meet the happier i was.
Pros
friendly
Cons
non
Fun and past-paced work enviroment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbiana, ALSeptember 16, 2017
I worked at Piggly Wiggly for about a year and I loved my coworkers and managers. It is a great starter job and very flexible with your hours. It is a great work environment which will build your customer service skills.
Pros
Builds customer service.
Cons
Short lunch breaks.
management
BAGGER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 16, 2017
management at Piggly Wigglywas very understanding and laid back. This is a good place to get started working then work your way up and then go to something else if you like job hopping forever.
Piggly Wiggly
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fountain, FLSeptember 15, 2017
It is clean and very friendly. I was pleased to find reasonable prices on a good variety.It's also the one stop shopping center around that they have pretty much everything you would want.
good
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Ware Shoals, SCSeptember 15, 2017
Good job for somebody who doesn't need 40 hrs I worked there starting of it was good company to work for but I had to go where something was more stable