Piggly Wiggly Employee Reviews

how do you come to a conclusion that it's a good idea to have a ping pong table in the productivity workplace!
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Lindale, GAJuly 16, 2016
love the customers and my co-wokers! the most enjoyable was the days that i had time to make are cook something my customers wanted, because i could meet and make sure our customers was satisfied! the hardest was trying to keep my customers happy with having to put up with higher manament! you would have to be there favorite to make it and have a good day even customers seen it!
Pros
no free anything
Cons
no brakes for deli
Great Place to Work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowdon, GADecember 21, 2016
I loved all of my fellow co-workers. The environment was very nice and friendly. The store was always kept clean. The management was very helpful. Anytime I had a problem they had no problem helping me.
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
Night shifts
good place to wook
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burgaw, NCAugust 29, 2016
Come in set up breakfast(Coffee Food ) get cash for registers Set up food bar for breakfast lunch and dinner if working night shift closed out register and food bar clean dish and work area.Good customer service clean place good employees great with deals and pricing
Pros
discount food
Cons
short breaks
not what i wanted
Bagger and cart gatherer (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 27, 2016
When i was in high school I worked here. A typical day would include bagging groceries and pulling in carts. The managers here didn't care much about their employees and everything seemed as if they didnt care about your life.
friendly people to work with
deli cook (Former Employee) –  740 Tennesseee Ave, Etowah Tn 37331October 15, 2016
Nicley equiepted always having everything you needed to work with... always had help when needed it just no hours and no healthcare .would I go back there to work yes I would ..
Pros
its a job and good friendly people to work with
Cons
No Healthcare not enough hours
Friendly Place
Deli (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCAugust 8, 2016
I loved working here. I love the people I worked for and with. I loved helping my customer. Very outgoing and environmental friendly. Everyone helps other out. All can come together an solve a problem if there happens to come about. I learned that when our having a bad day customers seems to always know how to out a smile on your face.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Team Help
Wonderful Low Pricesat Piggly Wiggly
cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoyed working as a cashier and assisting customers daily. Part of my day the people who came in the store where the ones who put a smile on my face.
Pros
Pretty store
Cons
Never gave you the time you need off at a certain date.
Great Place to work
Night Manager/Asst Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCSeptember 29, 2016
This was an awesome job opportunity. I loved seeing my customers daily. Being here for so long gave it a definite family atmosphere. So it was great to see them and I really looked forward to it.
Pros
customers and overall work environment
Cons
store closed
Upbeat working environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Roberta, GADecember 4, 2016
Everyone got along well, and there was little to no arguments. The community is very small so everyone knew everyone, so it was almost like everyone was like family.
Pros
Talking with the customers
Cons
Few hours
good first job for someone in school
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Dillard, GASeptember 23, 2016
good job to have while in school. the hours are not enough to have a paycheck therefore the pay isn't that great. the cleaning procedure dosent work well to keep the store clean.
Pros
good first job option, nice people to work with.
Cons
store cleanlyness, and management

Want to know more about Piggly Wiggly?

Ask a question
Nice environment to work in
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Littleton, NCJuly 6, 2016
A typical day at work was busy some days meeting new people from different places. I've learned how to work at a steady pace multitask when necessary. Management was fair, got along well with all my co-workers if I need to ask them a question I never hesitated because they didn't mind helping if they could. To me their wasn't a hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I didn't go to work and have any problems and loved when I got some decent hours.
Pros
Cons
One ten minute break
Its was fun but doesn't pay well
chashier (Former Employee) –  Etowah TNDecember 10, 2016
It was good for the time I was there, I wont be returning just due to the fact that I can do better and make more money working else where. But I will give them an overall 4
Pros
Meeting New People
Cons
Standing all day with out mats
Amazing Job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pawleys Island, SCNovember 26, 2016
It was an amazing first job experience. Taught alot on customer service and putting your best effort forth with doing your daily tasks. The help from both coworkers and customers along with the relationships were like no other.
Probably the business I enjoyed most--however much younger!
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCJune 29, 2016
This was the first real business of my own, so it was like a baby to me. Again, I could not get to work quick enough every day.
It was very long hours, but that didn't bother me a bit.
I managed about 10-12 employees at a time and did most of the buying as well as the ads each week.

The National Chains began to come to town, namely Food Lion
and Winn-Dixie, so I decided to change directions with my life.
Pros
My own business--was the captain of my own ship!
Cons
Not much time for family.
I just got tired of the hours and pay
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSSeptember 28, 2016
I liked working for them. I just got tired of asking for more hours and they say they were going to give me them and never give them to me. Also the pay is what made me leave.
Pros
we had 30 min lunches and a smoke break when we had time
Cons
the hours and the pay
Its a good start for a kid trying to make money while in school.
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, ALDecember 7, 2016
The job was pretty good but you will deal with crazy customers and the manager of the meat department is crazy laid back. She works with your schedule and gives you time off.
Customer service
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCNovember 18, 2016
Food service worker customer service handled the cash register prepped food for the following day. Made sure the kitchen was maintenance for cleanliness and sanitized properly
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No lunch break
fun productive workplace
Cashier/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALDecember 5, 2016
A typical day at work consists of assigning side duties for cashiers, picking up money from registers, preparing deposits. Going to the bank to make deposits and to get changes
Pros
customers
Productive and fun working place, always keeping busy.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Pinson, ALAugust 9, 2016
Discount, friendly employees. I stock shelves an check for any bad dates. I'm always working an on time. I've started off as a bagger, then move to cashier now I stock shelves. My mangers are laid back my co workers are helpful.
Pros
Longer breaks, discount
Cons
No healthcare insurance
productive place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCDecember 16, 2016
I miss working for Piggly Wiggly. Management was very friendly. Co-workers were wonderful. What I learned was that a lot of customers come in that store to shop often.
Pros
store hours were reasonable
Cons
no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Piggly Wiggly. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9