Piggly Wiggly Employee Reviews

Found 1,001 reviews matching the search
Work with you
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Galena, ILJanuary 19, 2017
Not the best pay but worked well for me as I worked here while I was in school. I was loyal to them and worked well with them and as my trust was built with them, they gave me the hours I needed.
Produce Assistant
UTILITY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Crivitz, WIJanuary 18, 2017
Accept produce shipments. Clean produce and prepare for sale in the store. Create custom ordered fruit plates, baskets and veggies trays. Assist customers in locating produce. Stocking the produce on a daily basis
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJanuary 18, 2017
Overall a very good work place. Nice people great customer care. Clean and organized. They have a great management team as well. Cashiers always look ready to go and on their feet at all times
Wonderful Low Pricesat Piggly Wiggly
cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCJanuary 18, 2017
I enjoyed working as a cashier and assisting customers daily. Part of my day the people who came in the store where the ones who put a smile on my face.
Pros
Pretty store
Cons
Never gave you the time you need off at a certain date.
Its a great place to work if you're in school.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSJanuary 17, 2017
It's an excellent place to work if you're in school. They work great around your schedule. From my personal opinion it's more of a job for students because they really don't have a set time schedule that you work. It's a great job for high school and college students.
Pros
Flexible work hours.
Cons
Not enough pay.
Great!!!
Courtesy Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSJanuary 16, 2017
Again, I would say that Piggly Wiggly was a great place to work. The environment was a great laid back one and the supervisors and managers really cared about you.
Typical Grocery Store
Cashier and Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lomira, WIJanuary 16, 2017
It's a typical chain grocery store. The regulars that come in are awesome, and since it is a small town there was a lot of familiar faces. It was very part time and a lot of the other workers were high school aged or college aged. Nothing permanent but definitely okay for extra money and not so hard work.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
weekend work
job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 14, 2017
it was my very first job but i loved it. they customers is what made the job so amazing. It was like a small little family owned store so everyone knew everyone. I ran the cash register most of the day but i also worked in the deli some days i would stock so i pretty much done everything.
Pros
free food
Cons
closed
Most of the workers are alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIJanuary 12, 2017
A typical day working at the Piggly Wiggly was actually pretty fun if you knew the workers. They will for the most part, treat you as family. You can just laugh and joke around when it is dead and their isn't really isn't customers around so you wouldn't get in trouble by the managers.
Pros
They would give your lunch break.
Cons
Not everyone there was the best worker.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Waiting on the customers and help with stock. The employees are good to work with. You work with food stamps and WIC and help the customers to the items listed on WIC.
Pros
Customers
Great job
Carry out/customer service (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSJanuary 9, 2017
I started there while in high school and worked through college. A great place to start and to learn a good work ethic. I recommend this place to anyone starting out in the workplace.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJanuary 8, 2017
The management sucks and pay isn't worth how you get treated half the time. Some supervisors are rude when you ask them questions alot of them talk cr** about their employees and sometimes to their face
The one i worked at off Gallatin pike in east nashville closed permanently
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 6, 2017
I previously was working at The Piggly wiggly off gallatin pike which was recently shut down by The owner. However, The owners and management at the pig off old hickory Blvd are nice people.
Its a good high school job
Stocker 6yrs (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 5, 2017
Management team shows no sigh of professionalism. The owner does not listen to lower ranking employees when problems occur. The labor side of the job is easy. The only problem is if you're a stocker be prepared for them to try and work you when it comes to anything and everything. I received no raises in pay after being there for ten years. There is no promotions going. If they did however try and promote you please do not expect a reasonable raise in pay. No free lunches and no benefits at all
Pros
Decent starter job
Cons
Piggly Wiggly itself
Productive and laid back atomsphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJanuary 4, 2017
Typical day at work was to checkout customers and put groceries that customers didn't want. I learned to have a lot patience. My management was changed during my time period there but it was ok. My coworkers were like my little family because of me being there for such a long period of time. The hardest part of my job was handling customers that would come into the store at closing time and make a fuss when we ask them exit the store politely. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
short breaks
serious workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJanuary 4, 2017
Days were never ending. I liked most of my co-workers. I did not like my managers at all. I learned to stay to myself. The job was pretty easy. The most enjoyable part was my break.
Easy
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bay Minette, ALJanuary 2, 2017
Great for high school students. Not a lot of hours and easy job. Keeps money in your pocket for school activities. Not a lot of management overlooking you.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Small paycheck
bakery work
BAKER (Current Employee) –  Delavan, WIJanuary 2, 2017
It is ok to work there if you like working with food. Worked in the bakery, for 8 year I have done a lot of stuff. I make the donuts and ice donuts. I clean and put the donuts in the case.
Pros
the pay
Cons
some poeple
amazing company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ashland, ALJanuary 1, 2017
I absolutely loved the Piggly Wiggly. It is a very good first job to start out with while in high school. I would recommend anyone working there.
Piggly Wiggly is good for the retired and teenagers in school
Dairy Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSDecember 31, 2016
They do not have benifits but you get payed weekly and get nice Christmas bonuses. They work is not hard just management isn't the best. If you just retiring or in school this job would be good but if not then you should look elsewhere.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
Hard to get raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Piggly Wiggly. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9