Piggly Wiggly Employee Reviews in United States

working with other team members in deli clerk
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WiJuly 23, 2015
Preparing food to be served to customers to sample or buy. I have learned how to make certain types of salads and how to prepare foods. Management was good overall no problems. Co workers were great to work with. I wouldn't say there was anything hard about my job it was easy, unless of course it was a holiday and we were super busy. Most part of the day was working with others
Pros
Being able to sample the all kinds of different foods
Cons
short breaks/break
good work enviroment productive
ASSISTANT PRODUCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company but the pay was not good for all the work I had to do we had no male help we had to unload and put up all of our products we got trucks seven days a week.
Pros
1st shift good boss
Cons
no breaks no male help
Fresh food all day long
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Edgerton, WIApril 26, 2016
It was fun making the salads and deciding on what to put out next. Customers were always easy to work with, not too many were upset with the product when they received it. Workers were easy to get along with and made the day go by faster.
Fun High School Job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSAugust 30, 2015
Day-to-day fun.
Learned how to deal with customers.
Great management.
Co-workers fun to be around.
Nothing hard about the job.
Everything was fun about the job.
Fun work environment
Deli/bakery clerk (Current Employee) –  Ayden, NCNovember 3, 2015
My department is an enjoyable place to work. We get along well and work well together to get the necessary tasks completed. I just wish the pay were more productivity based since I know all aspects of our dept and am able to function in all areas for the same pay as someone who just bakes or is just a fry cook.. The hours are great and the ladies I work with are great is the reason I have stayed this long but I need to move on as I have 2 boys that will be graduating soon.
great job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  sumter scSeptember 30, 2015
First job love it had fun working and enjoy each customer and taking part in the promotions. My co workers were amazing and some of the managers were cool it was favouritism but i didn't mind it
Piggly Wiggly
Food Preparation (Current Employee) –  Darlington, WIApril 4, 2016
It's a good place to work. The people or nice to work with. I have learned a lot on the food prep.. Some of the ppl I work with in the area are very helpful an are willing to lend a helping hand. Others not so well.
Productive and efficiently moving workplace environment with multiple managers available for assistance
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day at work involved opening your lane, then ringing up customers. Also during your shift it was required to keep your personal area clean and help customers with any questions or issues they may have,
Slow with customers but easy to get work done
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIFebruary 2, 2016
Your work day will go quick if you do everything you are supposed to do. Mornings are slow but when school/work lets out there is a lot of customers to tend to.
Pros
loved my managers
Cons
low pay, high expectations, unmotivated coworkers
nice to place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Forestdale, ALMarch 21, 2016
A family environment and the company works well around the employees schedules whether they are in school, have another job, or single parents taking care of their kids
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
no healtcare
Productive workplace
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Water Valley, MSMarch 22, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of lots of fun and laughter it is a great job for high school students around the area. We ensured great customer service and made sure our customers were happy.
Friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAJanuary 21, 2016
Just like any other job, there were some good days and some bad days but my good days out weighed my bad days. Customers loved my customer service and voted me as the friendliest cashier.
Pros
off on most holidays
Cons
the company closed very late
Fun coworkers, but you wont make much working here
Cashier/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Antioch, ILJanuary 15, 2016
It's a very laid back, easy job, but they rarely hire above part time, or pay above minimum wage. if you only need part time work, or a little extra cash, this will work for you.
This was one of the highlights of my day.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Butler, ALJanuary 29, 2016
Piggly Wiggly is a great job especially if you enjoy working around a huge group of people as your teammates and assisting the customers with their needs.
Fast paced but easy going.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Antioch, ILMarch 9, 2016
most enjoyable part was talking with regular customers. A typical day is cleaning your area, stocking shelves when no customers in line. An exchange of money for purchase of groceries
Overall, this job is a good job and if anyone is looking for a part-time or full- time job this maybe of interest.
Cashier,Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, FLAugust 28, 2015
I, personally did like the job. The only thing I did not like was the fact that they do not have any benefits which is completely sad.
grocery store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Beloit WISeptember 29, 2015
It was a new store when i stared, so it was busy witch is always good! Loved getting to interact with the customers. They had alot of part time workers, making it hard to get more hours then scheduled. And there was not other positions to move up to to get more hours. It was a fun place to work getting to interact and talk to the different types of people everyday. There was just no room to move up in the company or to get more hours.
Pros
The people i worked with and customers
Cons
There was just not enough hours and no room to move up.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ayden, NCFebruary 23, 2016
Piggly Wiggly was a good job. I was a cashier, I also assisted customers with finding items on their grocery list they couldn't find. I worked in a positive environment around helping managers and co workers.
Great work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 1, 2016
The co workers are positive and easy to get along with. The managers work hard to meet the needs of the employees and customers.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
minimum wage
Friendly customers and management personnel are negotiable with schedule.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Pauls, NCJanuary 1, 2016
The customers in St. Pauls, NC are very friendly and pleasant to talk with. When I was attending college classes, the manager would work with me in scheduling me for hours that worked around my class schedule.