Piggly Wiggly Employee Reviews

Fun place to work yet not a lot of pay for hard work
Cashier/Stockman (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WINovember 6, 2017
Cashier for customers to ring up their groceries. carryout and load groceries into people vehicles for them. clean bathrooms and front end of store. stock shelves with merchandise when slow.
Pros
Enjoyable to people to work with and for
Cons
low pay for hard work ethic
The most enjoyable part of the job
Supply-Stock (Former Employee) –  Pelham, GANovember 6, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is I was able to meet many different people. I was able to learn more than just my job. Helping others to look for what they need in the store.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Learning that everyone personality is totally different
OK, to work for
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Talladega, ALNovember 6, 2017
Things are right one day and they are not the next. Can be very confusing in Produce. Store in general is ok to work for. Manager is easy to talk to. Store
Did not allow flexible hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WINovember 3, 2017
I often had the same shifts, and they conflicted with times that I was not available for other jobs. I was not treated very kindly in regards to the basic jobs I had to complete
A variety of great pasta salads and rotisserie chix
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, WINovember 2, 2017
I learned how to make a lot of different types of pasta salads in the deli. Also fried and baked a lot of chicken. Fast paced environment, and could be over whelming at times. I enjoyed serving up salads and waiting on customers.
Pros
fast paced, social
Cons
lack of break time for a long shift on your feet
shop at the pic
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCNovember 2, 2017
Shopping at piggly wiggly is honestly like any other grocery shopping experience. If the customer has a question about a specific item, you point them in the correct directions and offer an additional assistance if needed.
cook (deli)
Cooks (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 1, 2017
they pull a manager in from another store only to let me go and didnt have a good reason i worked for 2 years with no problems and the new lady comes in a just fire me
Keeps A Person Busy
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WINovember 1, 2017
At Piggly Wiggly, a person is never without work- which is great! Although sometimes the stress levels did rise, it was a friendly staffed environment. Everyone wishes they were paid more, though.
Pros
Fun, Easy, Busy
Cons
Low Wage
fun
Assistant Market Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 29, 2017
Nice co workers. Low pay tho. Hardly get a raise. Customers are nice and enjoy them.It was hard to leave from working with people that you had worked with for a long time. Being around the same peole everyday and they become like family.
Pros
cool people
Cons
low pay
great place to work
Front-end Clerk/bagger Help customers (Former Employee) –  Pawleys Island, SCOctober 29, 2017
I've never had a complaint from day one with this job. management is awesome. The employees are helpful. And the most enjoyable part is learning something new each day.
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
Slow and relaxing work enviornment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 27, 2017
Great first job for high school students. Hourly pay is great pocket money. It's not much depending on hours, but it's worth it to start you off. Well rounded work hours.
Very Very stressful
Greet all customers/offer sincere customer service (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSOctober 27, 2017
I had to quit Piggly Wiggly for some personal reasons. I worked there when I was 16 so I really did not need the money or anything just to gain some work experience. I was promised some weekends off but was never off on weekends. Way too many hours for a high schooler. Never had time to do anything. Never taken seriously. Awful place.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, broken promises, unprofessional.
A good place to work
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Quincy, FLOctober 25, 2017
I enjoyed working at Piggly Wiggly. The management is fair and the workers were helpful. I was there only a little over a year but the workers and management was good
Pros
good hours
Cons
to far to drive early mornings
Great for first job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAOctober 24, 2017
As a cashier at piggy wiggly you have to be efficient in using the register and counting money. Its a great first job for someone in high school. Shifts are flexible.
Good job to learn things at
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Darlington, SCOctober 22, 2017
I have learned many things about business at piggly wiggly and cherish a lot of the memories and relationships that I have made along the way. It's a good steady job with flexible hours.
Pros
Steady income
Cons
Odd hours
Exellent Company
Scan Coordinator/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Pacolet, SCOctober 21, 2017
This company took pride in their work. The most enjoyable part of working here was interacting with the customers every day. I learned that not all customers will be happy when they enter but it is possible to make them smile before they exit!!!!
Very poor place to work
Bakery Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIOctober 21, 2017
Very cut throat work enviroment. Very poor managment. Big turn around with employees
Management flys off the handle yells and screams. Very unprofessional.
Good place to work if in high school
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kewaskum, WIOctober 20, 2017
Very friendly owner. Managers are nice. They can schedule around your other needs. All the employees are nice and friendly to each other. Overall a very good place to work.
Good job for teens
Dairy Stocker (Former Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 17, 2017
Job pays good to be weekly. Customer always in a cheerful mood and supervisors are the same. Very good business and money keep flowing. Easy working job.
Pros
Move at your own pace
Fun environment with hard working management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Zion, ILOctober 17, 2017
Great management and fun coworkers make for a positive experience. Employees for the most part got along and everyone worked hard. Management was constantly helping around the store whether you needed another cashier or help at the front desk everyone was happy to help each other out. The work can be stressful when busy, but was still enjoyable and made time there pass by quickly. Customer employee relationship was very positive. Deli makes the best chicken around. The only problem is the lack of pay and raises.