Piggly Wiggly Employee Reviews in United States

stocking
Bagger/Overnight stocker (Former Employee) –  Portage, WINovember 16, 2015
stocking the store with products over night while doing inventory i operated a hand truck made bails cleaned operated a cash register helped people to their cars helped people find things around the store
A day at the pig
Bagger (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MSAugust 10, 2015
Working at Piggly wiggly is honestly not the best choice in Jobs. It is really for people who really just want to settle and who need a start off. It teaches you how to be able to do with so many personalities and attitudes. The managers are easy to work with on most occasions. Co-workers are good people as well depending on who they are as a worker. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people and working with people.
Pros
payment weekly
Cons
Short breaks
a good job and great employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LANovember 28, 2015
This job is for someone with compassion. you have to enjoy meeting people and be a very calm and collected person. You meet a lot of great people. Learning about others is very interesting
Amazing company to work for.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 23, 2015
This was my first job, and to this day i have never found a job that i like as much as this one. I learned so much, such as: how to handle money, how to work during a rush hour and how to be more outgoing.
Good work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gurley, ALAugust 6, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of ringing up groceries, bagging groceries, and customer service.

I learned how to work in a work environment- that being my first job.

The management was good.

My co-workers were nice.

The hardest part of the job would be stocking in the freezer isle because it was really cold.

The most enjoyable part of the job was ringing up groceries.
Pros
enjoyable job
Cons
working in the freezer isle
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIDecember 2, 2015
The management is okay. Some of the managers are unprofessional. If you get along with the managers, it is a fun place to work. They have flexible hours and work with your schedule well.
Great Team
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJanuary 19, 2016
Job is based on teamwork. Fun environment during peak seasons. Very good and understanding manager. Understands any situation and is lenient.
Will work with your schedule but no benifits
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  York, ALSeptember 10, 2015
It is a great start-up job or for a college student but is no good for a independent person. They rarely give out raises and when you do it will not be worth it. You will meet some wonderful people and have some fun times.
Pros
Scheduleing
Cons
No benefits, compensations, or expanding
Weekly work place cookouts
Store Cooperator (Former Employee) –  810 Elm St E. Hampton Sc 29924July 30, 2015
When i first come to work i would get with my store manager see if he has something specific for me to do if not i would walk the store an make a list of things that needed to be done, Every day i was learning to do more an more things involving the computers, sales, invoices, gross profit ect. co-workers range in different ages, some where there for year and some where new, One hard part about my job was getting the younger workers to stay focused and consistent. i really in joy being in charge and teaching the people better and more efficient ways to work.
Pros
Hours where good, schedule, time off, job Atmosphere
Cons
No bonus, No job structure, Poor benefits, Pay
Fun great mangers and customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North CharlestonOctober 6, 2015
Management is great and helpful everyone gets along great and is really one big family. A very fun and great workplace. The worst part would be how some of the customers can get and I have learned how to react to those kinds of problems.
Productive but you will grow tough skin
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 1, 2015
I actually enjoyed being a cashier, but I will say working under my managers made me get tough skin. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers (especially those who did NOT READ signs as far as sales and pricing). The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact I was given a good amount of hours, especially given the fact I was working part time and was a college student.
working with other team members in deli clerk
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WiJuly 23, 2015
Preparing food to be served to customers to sample or buy. I have learned how to make certain types of salads and how to prepare foods. Management was good overall no problems. Co workers were great to work with. I wouldn't say there was anything hard about my job it was easy, unless of course it was a holiday and we were super busy. Most part of the day was working with others
Pros
Being able to sample the all kinds of different foods
Cons
short breaks/break
It was A nice and Friendly Atmosphere We had Great Costumer service there.
Butcher Asstistant (Former Employee) –  Hamlet NCJuly 21, 2015
My work days consisted Of going in At 9:00 A.M. I would Cut Sausage, and Meat loafs, packaged all other meats that would be freshly cut, then I would wrap all the meat that had been freshly cut that day after that I would stock the meat counter. unloaded trucks on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. and put out all the prepackaged meat. it was over all a good experience. My coworkers and I pulled together and worked as a team. My favorite part of the job was mingling with Costumers and growing a Bond with them. Pleasing my costumers was my daily Goal.
fast paced environment
Stock and Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCOctober 25, 2015
I stocked groceries at Piggly Wiggly and I also was a grocery bagger. Piggly Wiggly was a fast paced environment with numerous shoppers..
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
lack of benefits
The people i was working with were pretty much my family.
Frozen Food Manager (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIAugust 25, 2015
A typical day at work with Piggly Wiggly always went pretty smoothly. I learned a lot of stuff about customer service and stocking in general there. Management is alright, although sometimes it was a matter of picking favorites which is very sad for the work force. My coworkers were more than great when I started there, I really didn't have anyone I disliked there and no one really disliked me either in the way I looked at it. There really was no hard part of the job besides ordering product sometimes, hard to think of which product would sell the best and which ones wouldn't. The most enjoyable part would have to be working with my coworkers and having my alone time rearranging the freezer when the time came.
Pros
Working with People I liked and who liked me, knowing how to do everything there.
Cons
Everyone knew everyone; which is why i left. Ended up being too much drama in the end.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager/Stocking (Former Employee) –  Brundidge, ALAugust 9, 2015
A typical day was stocking shelves and working with great people. I learned how to be more patient. Management was great as well as the co workers. Hardest part of the job.. I cannot say there was a hard part of the job. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people.
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
no healthcare
Enjoyed working at Piggly Wiggly.
meat packaging (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 24, 2015
The other people that I worked with were very nice. I learned a lot about the different types of meats. There were no full time position open that is why I left this job.
Pros
enjoy working around the public
Cons
not full time
First time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kaplan, LAOctober 30, 2015
It is a decent job to start off with. This was my first job and it was decent. They treated me well for the most part. The management was not so great at times. However, it was a pretty good job.
Nice job for high school students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pickens, MSSeptember 24, 2015
Working at Piggly Wiggly taught me how to be independent at a young age. It was fresh start for kids who were of age and willing to work to have a little job to teach them about independencies and responsibility.
Fun and friendly customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 19, 2015
Learned cashier duties, very fast paced at times and the customers are great, rarely had any rude customers. The managers are nice and overall not a bad place to work.
Pros
Hour breaks, friendly employees
Cons
Low pay, Not enough hours