Piggly Wiggly Employee Reviews

just a job to cover bills between moving
Stocker/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALAugust 4, 2015
straightening isle and cleaning rest rooms and break rooms. only worked four hours a day. this was only a job to cover bills while i was in the process of moving
Pros
close to were i was staying
Cons
only 4 hours a day, tense management, often slow
Great College Job and Understanding with class scheduling
Customer Service Manager/Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSAugust 2, 2015
Overall it was a very good job for me during college. It was a very understanding job that school was the top priority and they did everything to help me through college.
Productive but you will grow tough skin
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 1, 2015
I actually enjoyed being a cashier, but I will say working under my managers made me get tough skin. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers (especially those who did NOT READ signs as far as sales and pricing). The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact I was given a good amount of hours, especially given the fact I was working part time and was a college student.
Weekly work place cookouts
Store Cooperator (Former Employee) –  810 Elm St E. Hampton Sc 29924July 30, 2015
When i first come to work i would get with my store manager see if he has something specific for me to do if not i would walk the store an make a list of things that needed to be done, Every day i was learning to do more an more things involving the computers, sales, invoices, gross profit ect. co-workers range in different ages, some where there for year and some where new, One hard part about my job was getting the younger workers to stay focused and consistent. i really in joy being in charge and teaching the people better and more efficient ways to work.
Pros
Hours where good, schedule, time off, job Atmosphere
Cons
No bonus, No job structure, Poor benefits, Pay
Very interesting people to work with,good company,decent work enviroment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJuly 28, 2015
I enjoyed my job and the people I met each day.I felt the wages were fair and the management were good people.Other companies should follow their lead in business practices.
kmsl
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Century, FLJuly 26, 2015
this job was hard for me to take serious. first grocery job and I made it my last. the manager at the time were both a mess. I didn't like this job at all. But I do miss my coworker at the time. she was the sweetest girl ever. I learned a lot due to her.
Pros
paid every week
Cons
having to face items to keep busy
working with other team members in deli clerk
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WiJuly 23, 2015
Preparing food to be served to customers to sample or buy. I have learned how to make certain types of salads and how to prepare foods. Management was good overall no problems. Co workers were great to work with. I wouldn't say there was anything hard about my job it was easy, unless of course it was a holiday and we were super busy. Most part of the day was working with others
Pros
Being able to sample the all kinds of different foods
Cons
short breaks/break
easy work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Church Point, LAJuly 23, 2015
dont get me wrong the job is easy but one minute you can have hours and then the next minute you dont have none. and dealing with some very rude managers
Pros
easy job
Cons
losing hours
Great summer employment
Deli Employee (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 22, 2015
Easy job, sometimes stressful during peak hours. Enjoyable work environment and co workers. Average amount of work the pay that is provided.
pros and cons
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 21, 2015
Piggly Wiggly was an okay job. It gave you work experience an it teaches to how to work with people. Many of the co-workers was not doing their job, so it made it harder on others because they had to do their job and other's jobs. It was funny because you had the chance to interact with people you didn't and never seen in your life and some you did know. The hardest part of the job was being there with people that didn't want to be there or just didn't want to do their job, but that didn't stop me i kept pushing. I'm the type were even if my co-workers are not doing their jobs i'm still doing mines. The most enjoyable part of the day was interacting with the customers. From working with Piggly Wiggly I have learned how to get to know people, interact with them, and to just be myself
Pros
work experience, learning how to work with customers
Cons
did pay much, workers was not doing what they were suppose to be doing
It was A nice and Friendly Atmosphere We had Great Costumer service there.
Butcher Asstistant (Former Employee) –  Hamlet NCJuly 21, 2015
My work days consisted Of going in At 9:00 A.M. I would Cut Sausage, and Meat loafs, packaged all other meats that would be freshly cut, then I would wrap all the meat that had been freshly cut that day after that I would stock the meat counter. unloaded trucks on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. and put out all the prepackaged meat. it was over all a good experience. My coworkers and I pulled together and worked as a team. My favorite part of the job was mingling with Costumers and growing a Bond with them. Pleasing my costumers was my daily Goal.
Good place to work for teens.
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 19, 2015
Pay is low but good for teens. Job is easy. Great environment. job security. great mangement. need to be young. wont work for older people
great hours....compensation could be better...
MARKET MANAGER (Current Employee) –  collinsville msJuly 18, 2015
hours are great....compensation could be better....typical day consist of planning what you are going to cut. fill case...plan for tomorrow.
schedule payroll. order....book orders for holidays six months out. forecast sales.
Pros
great hours...work not so stressful
Cons
no bonus program......no benefit packages to choose from.
Fun environment, fun, professional
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 17, 2015
I enjoy getting to know new people and helping them out in any way I can. I am a team player. I am very patient and learn quickly.
Great job for students
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MSJuly 13, 2015
We have several days per month that are very busy. I have learned to order merchandise and restock. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with friends, not just co-workers. We try to make the job as fun as possible .
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short lunch breaks
It's Never a sad day at the Pig
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Ellaville, GeorgiaJuly 7, 2015
First of all, I can certainly say that working at Piggly-Wiggly is a fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Closed Down
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 2, 2015
Was a very nice establishment and very family oriented. In the time that i work there i very much enjoyed my job. unfortunately the Piggly wiggly franchise has fazed out of the Charleston SC area
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burgaw, NCJune 25, 2015
I enjoyed this job when I was there. Still enjoy shopping there practically on a daily basis. Hard to move up the latter here. Not enough incentives for pay raises.
Pros
Great place to interact with public
Cons
No incentives for pay raises
Great family establishment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount PleasantJune 24, 2015
Was a great fast paced establishment and family oriented company but sold my store and several others to another company.
Pros
Fast paced environment, family oriented establishment
Cons
Sold majority of stores to competitors
Productive & Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 24, 2015
A typical day at Piggly Wiggly is ongoing/ It's always something to do & something to learn. I love interacting with customers & I also love their feedback. I get along with my coworkers very well. They're really nice. There's no hard part about my job what so ever.
Pros
Promotions. Different positions
Cons
Short breaks