Piggly Wiggly Employee Reviews

Has a great time working there
Asst.market manger (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 29, 2017
I worked there for 8 years. It was and still is a very busy store. I very nice store also. It was well stocked, cleaned and managed.I would tefer anyone that wants to work there do so.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Healthcare
Great job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mamou, LANovember 29, 2017
Great place to work during highscool and a great balance of work and personal life. Overtime optional! Guaranteed hours. You can switch shifts as you choose!
Pros
Flexible hours
Fast paced job, great communication with all employees
Fry Cook (Current Employee) –  Geneva, ALNovember 29, 2017
I have worked at the Piggly Wiggly for 2 years now. Every department has hardworking people. Managers will listen to you and try to help/fix your issues. Downfall corporate building is next door so a bunch of visits from the DMs, which isn't bad if your area is the best it can be. Friendly coworkers, flexible schedules, paid holidays for full-time employees.
Highly wiggly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Talladega, ALNovember 27, 2017
I did enjoy this job because they helped me when needed but they wasn't giving me enough hours plus i have a son I need to take of and wasn't making enough for bills and needs
Laid back...steady....constructive
Meat man (Current Employee) –  Lagrange gaNovember 26, 2017
Piggly wiggly is a good place to work. But at this time I need a better paying job.piggy wiggly is steady,constructive and laid back. A lot of business.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Work schedule not consistent
Cool
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCNovember 26, 2017
It was great. I just was only paid 7.25 an hour while people who were just starting as their first job were being paid 8.00 an hour which I found completely unfair.
Productive & Friendly envirerment
Meat PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MSNovember 21, 2017
Everyday would be new same work but interacting with new people.learned to work a meat saw and learned to package raw meat also stocking refridgerated food.The mangement was excellent.The culutre was southern.The hardes part of the job i would say was the first day.The most enjoyble part of the job was working i enjoy working.
bad
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  505 South Greenwood Street LaGrange GaNovember 16, 2017
It is a very Unsanitary environment, it Needs Improvement,they Needs Better Security, Needs more employees with better hygiene, Needs better Management.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Nasty place
Piggly Wiggly was my first job.
Deli Worker/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wallace, NCNovember 16, 2017
I did not enjoy piggly wiggly as much as i enjoyed SOC. I worked my butt off all day and got paid minimum wage. I worked there 3 years and never got a raise. I would recommend if someone is desperate for work.
Loved it
cashier (Former Employee) –  Belmont, MSNovember 16, 2017
I loved working here meeting new people and having great people to work with always made it easier to go to work. Close to home with a short commute to get there.
N/a
Cashier/ Office Mgr (Former Employee) –  Quincy, FLNovember 15, 2017
The management teams needs more structure. College students are barely getting hours to make ends meet but all of the good hours are given to older workers. No benefits of any kind
Good for Slow pace employees
Fulltime employee- Night Assisant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint George, SCNovember 15, 2017
Good Job but to slow for me. Did not work there long enough to learn much. Nice employees to work with. New experience to learn. All stores are different with jobs for employees.
Oppurtunities
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 13, 2017
I enjoyed this job the most. I learned to separate personal business & work. I had to supervise peers & elders, it was challenging at times. I really liked how familiar the team was with one another.
My review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 10, 2017
This is all I have to say, I had fun each day at that grocery store putting smiles on my customers faces. I also loved to interact with my co-workers.
Productive fun day
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCNovember 9, 2017
A day at piggly wiggly was fun, we bag for customer and take their groceries out some give tip money some don't I just hated the days it was raining you get soak and wet. There was great management and awesome food
They do care about their employees and give benefits
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 7, 2017
A typical day at work was like any other job. It was promising to where you know you would get your 40+ hours per week. They gave raises and was pretty fair about doing so. If you stayed with GTM corp long enough you were guaranteed to move up and become part of the management field. The job was not hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was the paid vacations or even the fact that they were fair about giving raises.
Pros
They do invest in their good employees.
Cons
I cant remember there being anything bad about working for this company.
Fun place to work yet not a lot of pay for hard work
Cashier/Stockman (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WINovember 6, 2017
Cashier for customers to ring up their groceries. carryout and load groceries into people vehicles for them. clean bathrooms and front end of store. stock shelves with merchandise when slow.
Pros
Enjoyable to people to work with and for
Cons
low pay for hard work ethic
The most enjoyable part of the job
Supply-Stock (Former Employee) –  Pelham, GANovember 6, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is I was able to meet many different people. I was able to learn more than just my job. Helping others to look for what they need in the store.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Learning that everyone personality is totally different
OK, to work for
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Talladega, ALNovember 6, 2017
Things are right one day and they are not the next. Can be very confusing in Produce. Store in general is ok to work for. Manager is easy to talk to. Store
Did not allow flexible hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WINovember 3, 2017
I often had the same shifts, and they conflicted with times that I was not available for other jobs. I was not treated very kindly in regards to the basic jobs I had to complete