Piggly Wiggly

Piggly Wiggly Employer Reviews

Cashier (Former Employee), Yemassee, SCNovember 16, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: rude customers
Fun place to be. It was nice to see different faces from day to day.
productive work in a grocery store
Cashier (Former Employee), Hogansville, GANovember 12, 2014
I absolutely loved this job and everything about it. i loved going into work. the hardest part of the job was stocking. but i did it anyways if it was needed.
Fun
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Columbus, GANovember 12, 2014
My typical day consisted of first counting my til before I start on the register. I did not get many hours so that was the downfall. I really enjoyed the people I worked with as well as the customers.
Productive place
cashier (Former Employee), mount olive , ncNovember 7, 2014
It was a nice easy first job. Co workers where nice. Job could get stressful but we all remain respectful to clients.
Very productive work place keeps you busy all the time.
Cashier (Former Employee), Camden, SCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: dealing with the public
Cons: not enough hours
On a typical day at work you would, ring the grocierys up and if your not busy, help the other cashiers bag there items. Stock grocerys back to there orginal places. I learned that dealing with public is not easy, but also a good experience. My co-workers was awesome, they helped me learn new things about the place. The hardest part i would say about the job is not getting enough hours i wanted to get.
The most enhoyable part of the job was dealing with the public i loved talking to the customers and getting feed back. I love being around the public.
Great opportunity for me to learn, advance and train
Manager of Starbucks Kiosk (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 5, 2014
Kiosk and store now closed. Co-workers fun and friendly. Enjoyed working for Starbucks/Piggly Wiggly. Gained knowledge in many areas of business/retail.
Not the best workplace.
Stock clerk (Former Employee), ColumbiaNovember 4, 2014
People did work together but the enviorment could have been better. Management was not that friendly.
Great first job
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Creedmoor, NCOctober 29, 2014
Small company, great customer service. Company currently closed
Great first job but it is time to move on
Stocker (Current Employee), Waunakee, WIOctober 27, 2014
Pros: flexibility in hours and time off
Cons: little advancement available
A typical day at work would consist of filling product from the back to the shelves where the customers can find them. I have learned customer service skills, patience, and how to maintain a great work ethic.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Altoona, ALOctober 23, 2014
Love the People that works there. We are hard workers and we like to see customers happy.
Great place to work a lot of independent work that requires you to follow and learn directions and procedures.
Stock Crew (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCOctober 23, 2014
Pros: nice work environment
Cons: short breaks
walking in and greeting customers, going from the clock to the stock room and straight to work. I learned how to be a leader and refrain from negativity and bad work ethic. The managers are cool and fun, and very hands on. Co-workers are youthful and very respectful. The hardest part of the job is staying constant and steady in your work ethic. The most enjoyable part is seeing happy customers and having customers tell you how thankful they are for your help.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 19, 2014
A typical day at work is productive. There will always be something there to do, not a dull moment. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep your cool when some customers decide they want to get loud with you. Even though you try everything to satisfy them. There are customers where you can put a smile on their face. Overall, the managers and the co-workers make it a goo day. Everyone is there to help each other and that's important, its TEAMWORK!
pigging
bagger/stocker/maintains (Former Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 16, 2014
Piggly wiggly is a store best for teens still in high school other than than its a all around store with great people world wide.
not bad
Grocer (Former Employee), warner robins gaOctober 15, 2014
not a bad job i enjoyed the people and the work just a bit far away from my home for a part time job but wasnt to bad
Boring
Cashier (Former Employee), Kenosha, WIOctober 14, 2014
Pros: when ever i request off there was never an issue
Cons: short breaks, slow, pay horrible didnt work enough
It was always dead and so when I worked there was nothing to do then the customer service desk lady wants to tell at you while she goes outside to smoke. All the managers and bosses but tell at you for everything.
good place to work
Stock Clerk/Meat Prep Clerk (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 13, 2014
Pros: being able to get food at work
Cons: not enough hours
good job the hours of work were good just needed more hours of work
Inviting and organized store
Cashier (Former Employee), Cochran, GAOctober 12, 2014
Always fun to shop and work for Piggly Wiggly. Very inviting environment.
It was okay.
Cashier (Former Employee), Franklin, GAOctober 10, 2014
bad management. Got accused several times of taking money when it was the assistant manager.
PLace to work to gain expariance
Cashier (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 9, 2014
nice place to work where you can meet a lot of new people
I learned to work with cash, check, and cridt cards
Productive and quick interaction with customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Gaston, North CarolinaOctober 6, 2014
Pros: breaks, flexibility.
Cons: not enough people on schedule
A typical at Piggly Wiggly for me is showing up to work at least ten minutes early and clocking in. Once I have clocked in, I count my register to make sure that the money that i have is good and that nothing is missing from what has been recorded. There were at least one to two managers at work also so that one manager didn't have a lot to do during the day. My co-workers and I worked together to make sure that the lines didn't get too long and that customers were very satisfied when they came to check out and also when they needed help, they were helped right away. There was a very fun enviornment for the employees and my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when one cashier would take a lunch and there would be only one cashier left on the register. During the busy lunch hours, the store would get pretty packed so that one cashier had a hard job.
The most enjoyable part was just having a real good conversation with the customers and making the process pf checking them out easier.

About Piggly Wiggly

Piggly Wiggly Carolina Company operates more than 100 Piggly Wiggly supermarkets throughout South Carolina and southeastern Georgia. – Read more

Piggly Wiggly Salaries