PIH Health Employee Reviews

Very productive work place
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 29, 2017
Professional working staff is well appreciated to work, as well and the great benefits and programs they offer their employees. Management is very open to availability to work for those who are going to school, or have another place of employment.
Pros
A lot of work to do.
Cons
But not enough place to move up
Co-workers are caring and helpful
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 17, 2017
Unfortunately I cannot say the same thing about Management, they play favoritism roles, they hired as they know people not for their actual skills. NO good.
Pros
nice and caring co-workers
Cons
Management is not fair.
Lower pay than all surrounding hospitals
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 9, 2017
Long-time employee that watched many employees come and go as this place has deteriorated. Decreased benefits, lots of lean years with no raises, 1:5 ratio on most units, 1:7 on some, and 1:2 in ICU. New CEO is more concerned with patient satisfaction than employee satisfaction. Because of this, they higher nothing but new grads that would be grateful just to have a job and try to accomplish whatever is asked of them. High turnover rate can never be a good place to stay! With that said, this would be an OK place to get your experience and leave, but then again, many other place could be better, and likely with better pay!
Pros
Free food for DOCTORS only
Cons
Low pay, expensive cafeteria, and some years, no raises
Great place to work.
Medical Assistant/ Front Office Representative (Current Employee) –  MontebelloAugust 9, 2017
very professional environment great atmosphere. The offie manager is great she is understanding and tries to work with everyone. Our patients are majority geriatric it has been an awesome experience thus far
Great workplace
IDS Call Center Supervisor, Ambulatory (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 26, 2017
Great place to work. Tuition reimbursement was key factor in my decision to work here. I continued my education here and there was lots of room for growth.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 8, 2017
I like volunteering at the hospital because there is a lot to learn and and it's a starting foundation for people who eventually want to work in a hospital.
Well balanced and diverse work place
Business Development Consultant-Senior Products (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 11, 2017
Good working conditions. Co-workers and management were easy to get along with. Essential tools at the work place were always available. Not having to commute long distance was always a plus.
Pros
Medical benefits and retirement plans available
Wonderful place to work. Employees well compensated with lots of bonuses and employee appreciation. Great benefits.
Medical Tranacriptionist (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 28, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Great teamwork. Good employee satisfaction. Room for advancement. Great pay and benefits. Great payscale. Top management.
Pros
Employee appreciation, benefits
Cons
No job guaranteed for life of your career
Great place to learn the many facets that make up a hospital.
Family Practice Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 23, 2017
PIH strives to be on the cutting edge and ensures that everyone is constantly being trained on what's new in technology. I learned the majority of skills having worked at PIH.
Good place to learn if you are a new grad
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 1, 2017
I have been at this company for a very long time, and what made me stay was my great coworkers and the night shift differential. This place is like home to me. Everyone is pretty friendly around the hospital. The managers care about you. Depending on what unit you work on, you get a lot of support from your coworkers. But the hospital took away the pension, and you pay for health insurance. The new grad rate isn't very high either but there are a lot of openings for new grads, who get hired, get their experience, and then move on. Most people who have stayed here, have been here for a very long time. This is a very well known hospital in the community and most people who stay long, stay for the friendly environment, not the benefits or the pay.
Pros
Friendly caring environment. Clean and well supported by community.
Cons
Lack of pension, or good pay
Nice Co worker
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Downey, CADecember 30, 2016
Every day is different. I learned a lot new things. Its been a great experience for me learning new things. I never worked in a hospital environment before.
Doctors are great, and the facilities are exceptional.
System Workflow Analyst Ambulatory (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CADecember 11, 2016
I had a great time at PIH, it was fun while it lasted. When you enjoy what you do, you never work a day in your life. I enjoyed my job at PIH, the providers and staff were great people, who provide outstanding patient care to the community.
Pih
Patient Registration Rep I (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CADecember 9, 2016
Its a great facility. Staff is very nice and helpful just like every other hospital should be with their patients. Its a fast pace facility and they try there best to meet everyone's needs.
Very comfortable workplace. I enjoy my co-workers
Health Information Clerk (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 20, 2016
My typical day at work is usually busy, my co-workers are friendly and happy, the hardest part of my job is not being able to help a patient with something that's out of my control.
love pih!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 18, 2016
very busy, amazing company, and very fun place to work at. everyone is so kind especially my department, we enjoy working together and a very good team
A place to grow
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 7, 2016
A fast pace environment , staff s friendly and courteous, from the moment you start work to the moment you leave work you are busy , makes time go by fast , Learn a lot in the 5 YEARS of working with the company.
benefits
Cons
short breaks, always leaving work late
Great reputation in the community
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 15, 2016
It is a large company and a nice place to work. They were flexible with my work hours understanding a single mother's need to provide sole support getting their child to school daily, the late start Mondays, etc.
Pros
Fun company events
Cons
strange paid time off structure
was fun and great
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 13, 2016
I Learn that quality always matters to have the safe is evironment for patient and family and friends and Realatives and management was really great and good hard working co workers
Lacks Advancement Opportunities
Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 13, 2016
The overall company culture does not foster an environment of growth and opportunities for employees who seek advancement.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Lacks Advancement Opportunities
The worse place ever.. Unsafe..
Case Manager/ Authorizations (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 11, 2016
The parking is bad. The culture is unethical and sad. This could be a wonderful place but honestly they don't believe in diversity and its like gang turf driven. It all starts at the top CEO/ COO.

Nasty bathrooms. Not enough bathrooms for the amount of people.
You can run out of toilet paper and are not allowed to have napkins in the bathroom to dry your hands or open the door in the event that you washed your hands.
Pros
Downtown Whittier is beautiful.
Cons
Very high turnover of management and staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PIH Health. Our community is ready to answer.