PIH Health Employee Reviews in United States

was fun and great
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 13, 2016
I Learn that quality always matters to have the safe is evironment for patient and family and friends and Realatives and management was really great and good hard working co workers
The worse place ever.. Unsafe..
Case Manager/ Authorizations (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 11, 2016
The parking is bad. The culture is unethical and sad. This could be a wonderful place but honestly they don't believe in diversity and its like gang turf driven. It all starts at the top CEO/ COO.

Nasty bathrooms. Not enough bathrooms for the amount of people.
You can run out of toilet paper and are not allowed to have napkins in the bathroom to dry your hands or open the door in the event that you washed your hands.
Pros
Downtown Whittier is beautiful.
Cons
Very high turnover of management and staff
PIH Health
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 20, 2016
Patient oriented setting. Always kind to patients. Staff is always carring. Servises like billing and records are unorganized and constantly making mistakes makes me uneasy about being a patient here. Good benefits however not like they used to be.
Pros
Good people
splendid
Community Benefit Intern (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 18, 2016
great place to work, wonderful people. unfortunately i was only there for an internship and did not manage to continue. Great programs and was a wonderful 9 to 5 job to have
Pros
professional
Cons
lack of positions
Great company, great benefits, great staff
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 17, 2016
Staff was always great, workloads very manageable, management is very professional, doctors, nursing ect were all very approachable and nice.
Pros
Great HR, Great management
Cons
took employee pension plan away, cafeteria pricing is awful
a very professional organization
Health Educator/Community Health Education Intern (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 15, 2016
Workers at this organization are very polite and professional at all times. There a lot to learn from this organization.
It's has been quite an experience at PIH Health - Downey Hospital
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAApril 13, 2016
It has been quite an experience when not enough staff provided to deliver the care to the patients. Every day in ICU/CCU can be very challenging due to the nature of environment.
Nice to come to work every day
CCS 1 (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAApril 7, 2016
I have been working in PIH Health D over 10 years, very nice place to work, good staff and very good director. people are nice here .
Pros
flexble schd
Cons
some time they flex
Professional and Friendly environment
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 16, 2016
I start my work day at 8 o'clock in the morning. On my walk to the building I often meet one of my co-workers; we talk, I get to my desk and start by going to the unfinished assignments from the day before if there is any; if not I check my to do list for the day, week, or month it depends where I am on my assignments so far. Usually there are extra assignments and when I have doubts or questions there is always a manager I can ask for assistance and guidelines.
Pros
Benefit Package, hours, and perks
Cons
none so far
Great Company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 14, 2016
PIH is a wonderful place to work. The staff and management are all genuinely caring and truly embrace the concept of teamwork. As an employee at PIH, you will be supported and valued.

Want to know more about PIH Health?

Ask a question
Scam!
Admitting Rep. (Former Employee) –  Downey, CANovember 20, 2015
This place is a scam! Don't apply.
This place has a HIGH TURNAROUND of employees coming and going. Turnstile for employees please!
Pros
Air Conditioning
Cons
Zero tolerance for error.
Formerly a great place to work. Poor management, cut-throat culture.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CANovember 19, 2015
PIH has declined over the years. In its attempt to grow rapidly, it forgot about the skilled staff who made the company great and its patients happy.

Senior management is no longer making sound decisions and neither does it ever listen to front line staff. The culture has become very cut-throat. There is an over-arching and constant sense of job insecurity and instability due to the constant layoffs.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Everything else.
Organization puts patient's first
Patient Services Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CANovember 13, 2015
PIH has been a wonderful place to work for the past 18 yrs. I have learnd so much during this time. I have met wonderful people at PIH Health who have taught me so much. I love working with our patients and assisting them in any way I can.
Pros
Organization
Cons
New Management lack of support
Lack of respect
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CANovember 4, 2015
Worked 4 years. I loved my Doctors and Patients... Once they began playing monopoly they displaced many employees. Which made it difficult to trust that company again. Downey Location has very poor customer service. The Doctors are awesome but the micromanagement needs to go. they are trying have less human contact... And become a Kaiser Like Hospital. Treat your employees with respect and they will give you 200%...
Pros
Great patients
Cons
NO RAISES... IN 3 YEARS A 30 CENT RAISE
clean and save environment i would love to return
Assisting Registered Nurses (Former Employee) –  PIH Health WhitterNovember 1, 2015
Unfortunately i let my CNA certification expire and was laid off , but i would love to return and be an employee once again. I worked in the observation unit and everyone there is welcoming, caring, just all around great nurses. It is fast pace with constant patient admission. Ive learned a lot working there, it made me want to become a nurse.
Pros
great caring nurses, clean environment, excellent patient care, supplies always available, organized
Cons
short breaks
Friendly working environment and friendly staff
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 18, 2015
Staffs were extremely helpful toward students and provide excellence care to patient. Working environment was friendly and helpful to student
Professional High End HealthCare, Always meets Expectations
Registration Clerk 1/Patient Account Tech (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 21, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of bedside registration, collecting patient demographics and insurance information.
I owe a debt of gratitude to PIH and its staff for imparting 8 years of knowledge and tutelage. The management team always had an open door policy when issues arose or any questions were asked. Co-workers always had the best interest of there peers and team. The hardest part of the job id have to say was the high turn over rate and under trained staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was the grateful and sincerity of all the new patients i met everyday.
Pros
Fast pace environment that challenged me every way.
Cons
Under staff due to hireing freeze, under trained staff due to quick merge of Departments.
Previous Employwe
Manager (Former Employee) –  WhittierSeptember 3, 2015
PIH is a "wanna be" Kaiser and while that is what every health plan is striving for, PIH has cut staffing to a level that does not work, in speaking for the ambulatory side. Many physicians and staff have left the organization or have been terminated at very concerning numbers (approx 12in a few months). The Medical Director was working hard to gain trust with the providers and as soon as she received support from the physician grour she was fired. This organizations future is very unstable. Providers are miserable which radiates down to the staff. It is an emotionally draining and unhealthy environment. Oh, and the only way you get paid for a holiday is if you take the time from your vacation so really there are NO PAID HOLIDAYS!
Pros
They are trying
Cons
They are not going to survive in this market
Productive fast paced work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 19, 2015
I enjoyed working for pih health, I grew not only as an employee, but as a person as well. I loved working in the hematology/oncology department and being able to treat and care for patients that were going through very hard times.
Nice long term employees.
Health Care Manager, Professional Staffing Office (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 15, 2015
A lot of turnover as company is changing. Most changes are for the better. Due to constant changes job security is not great. Headed in the right direction might take time.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Many employees are overwroked and scared for thier jobs.

PIH Health Reviews by Location