PIH Health Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work. Employees well compensated with lots of bonuses and employee appreciation. Great benefits.
Medical Tranacriptionist (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 28, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Great teamwork. Good employee satisfaction. Room for advancement. Great pay and benefits. Great payscale. Top management.
Pros
Employee appreciation, benefits
Cons
No job guaranteed for life of your career
The worse place ever.. Unsafe..
Case Manager/ Authorizations (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 11, 2016
The parking is bad. The culture is unethical and sad. This could be a wonderful place but honestly they don't believe in diversity and its like gang turf driven. It all starts at the top CEO/ COO.

Nasty bathrooms. Not enough bathrooms for the amount of people.
You can run out of toilet paper and are not allowed to have napkins in the bathroom to dry your hands or open the door in the event that you washed your hands.
Pros
Downtown Whittier is beautiful.
Cons
Very high turnover of management and staff
Lacks Advancement Opportunities
Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 13, 2016
The overall company culture does not foster an environment of growth and opportunities for employees who seek advancement.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Lacks Advancement Opportunities
A place to grow
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 7, 2016
A fast pace environment , staff s friendly and courteous, from the moment you start work to the moment you leave work you are busy , makes time go by fast , Learn a lot in the 5 YEARS of working with the company.
benefits
Cons
short breaks, always leaving work late
Great place to learn the many facets that make up a hospital.
Family Practice Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 23, 2017
PIH strives to be on the cutting edge and ensures that everyone is constantly being trained on what's new in technology. I learned the majority of skills having worked at PIH.
Formerly a great place to work. Poor management, cut-throat culture.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CANovember 19, 2015
PIH has declined over the years. In its attempt to grow rapidly, it forgot about the skilled staff who made the company great and its patients happy.

Senior management is no longer making sound decisions and neither does it ever listen to front line staff. The culture has become very cut-throat. There is an over-arching and constant sense of job insecurity and instability due to the constant layoffs.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Everything else.
Doctors are great, and the facilities are exceptional.
System Workflow Analyst Ambulatory (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CADecember 11, 2016
I had a great time at PIH, it was fun while it lasted. When you enjoy what you do, you never work a day in your life. I enjoyed my job at PIH, the providers and staff were great people, who provide outstanding patient care to the community.
Lack of respect
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CANovember 4, 2015
Worked 4 years. I loved my Doctors and Patients... Once they began playing monopoly they displaced many employees. Which made it difficult to trust that company again. Downey Location has very poor customer service. The Doctors are awesome but the micromanagement needs to go. they are trying have less human contact... And become a Kaiser Like Hospital. Treat your employees with respect and they will give you 200%...
Pros
Great patients
Cons
NO RAISES... IN 3 YEARS A 30 CENT RAISE
Nice Co worker
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Downey, CADecember 30, 2016
Every day is different. I learned a lot new things. Its been a great experience for me learning new things. I never worked in a hospital environment before.
Very comfortable workplace. I enjoy my co-workers
Health Information Clerk (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 20, 2016
My typical day at work is usually busy, my co-workers are friendly and happy, the hardest part of my job is not being able to help a patient with something that's out of my control.
was fun and great
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 13, 2016
I Learn that quality always matters to have the safe is evironment for patient and family and friends and Realatives and management was really great and good hard working co workers
PIH Health
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 20, 2016
Patient oriented setting. Always kind to patients. Staff is always carring. Servises like billing and records are unorganized and constantly making mistakes makes me uneasy about being a patient here. Good benefits however not like they used to be.
Pros
Good people
Pih
Patient Registration Rep I (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CADecember 9, 2016
Its a great facility. Staff is very nice and helpful just like every other hospital should be with their patients. Its a fast pace facility and they try there best to meet everyone's needs.
Great reputation in the community
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 15, 2016
It is a large company and a nice place to work. They were flexible with my work hours understanding a single mother's need to provide sole support getting their child to school daily, the late start Mondays, etc.
Pros
Fun company events
Cons
strange paid time off structure
Great company, great benefits, great staff
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 17, 2016
Staff was always great, workloads very manageable, management is very professional, doctors, nursing ect were all very approachable and nice.
Pros
Great HR, Great management
Cons
took employee pension plan away, cafeteria pricing is awful
love pih!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 18, 2016
very busy, amazing company, and very fun place to work at. everyone is so kind especially my department, we enjoy working together and a very good team
Professional High End HealthCare, Always meets Expectations
Registration Clerk 1/Patient Account Tech (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 21, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of bedside registration, collecting patient demographics and insurance information.
I owe a debt of gratitude to PIH and its staff for imparting 8 years of knowledge and tutelage. The management team always had an open door policy when issues arose or any questions were asked. Co-workers always had the best interest of there peers and team. The hardest part of the job id have to say was the high turn over rate and under trained staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was the grateful and sincerity of all the new patients i met everyday.
Pros
Fast pace environment that challenged me every way.
Cons
Under staff due to hireing freeze, under trained staff due to quick merge of Departments.
Previous Employwe
Manager (Former Employee) –  WhittierSeptember 3, 2015
PIH is a "wanna be" Kaiser and while that is what every health plan is striving for, PIH has cut staffing to a level that does not work, in speaking for the ambulatory side. Many physicians and staff have left the organization or have been terminated at very concerning numbers (approx 12in a few months). The Medical Director was working hard to gain trust with the providers and as soon as she received support from the physician grour she was fired. This organizations future is very unstable. Providers are miserable which radiates down to the staff. It is an emotionally draining and unhealthy environment. Oh, and the only way you get paid for a holiday is if you take the time from your vacation so really there are NO PAID HOLIDAYS!
Pros
They are trying
Cons
They are not going to survive in this market
splendid
Community Benefit Intern (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 18, 2016
great place to work, wonderful people. unfortunately i was only there for an internship and did not manage to continue. Great programs and was a wonderful 9 to 5 job to have
Pros
professional
Cons
lack of positions
Company that lacks direction
Employee (Current Employee) –  DowneyMay 31, 2015
The company has been acquired for over 2 years and the health has been worst. High turnovers from old and new employees in all areas being justified as clean-up. Unfortunately, valuable skilled employees are leaving too.

It seems the company lacks direction and there's a tendency to blame the managers without collaborating solutions from the top. Very low tolerance for error.

There's a lack for work life balance and there's fear for nurse's forming union.

It seems there's a lack of experience and skill to transform an acquired company.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Salaries, work life balance, tolerance for error, lack of support for managers, favoritism from the very top

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PIH Health. Our community is ready to answer.

PIH Health Reviews by Location