PIH Health Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work. Employees well compensated with lots of bonuses and employee appreciation. Great benefits.
Medical Tranacriptionist (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 28, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Great teamwork. Good employee satisfaction. Room for advancement. Great pay and benefits. Great payscale. Top management.
Pros
Employee appreciation, benefits
Cons
No job guaranteed for life of your career
Great place to learn the many facets that make up a hospital.
Family Practice Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 23, 2017
PIH strives to be on the cutting edge and ensures that everyone is constantly being trained on what's new in technology. I learned the majority of skills having worked at PIH.
Good place to learn if you are a new grad
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 1, 2017
I have been at this company for a very long time, and what made me stay was my great coworkers and the night shift differential. This place is like home to me. Everyone is pretty friendly around the hospital. The managers care about you. Depending on what unit you work on, you get a lot of support from your coworkers. But the hospital took away the pension, and you pay for health insurance. The new grad rate isn't very high either but there are a lot of openings for new grads, who get hired, get their experience, and then move on. Most people who have stayed here, have been here for a very long time. This is a very well known hospital in the community and most people who stay long, stay for the friendly environment, not the benefits or the pay.
Pros
Friendly caring environment. Clean and well supported by community.
Cons
Lack of pension, or good pay
Nice Co worker
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Downey, CADecember 30, 2016
Every day is different. I learned a lot new things. Its been a great experience for me learning new things. I never worked in a hospital environment before.
Doctors are great, and the facilities are exceptional.
System Workflow Analyst Ambulatory (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CADecember 11, 2016
I had a great time at PIH, it was fun while it lasted. When you enjoy what you do, you never work a day in your life. I enjoyed my job at PIH, the providers and staff were great people, who provide outstanding patient care to the community.
Pih
Patient Registration Rep I (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CADecember 9, 2016
Its a great facility. Staff is very nice and helpful just like every other hospital should be with their patients. Its a fast pace facility and they try there best to meet everyone's needs.
Very comfortable workplace. I enjoy my co-workers
Health Information Clerk (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 20, 2016
My typical day at work is usually busy, my co-workers are friendly and happy, the hardest part of my job is not being able to help a patient with something that's out of my control.
love pih!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 18, 2016
very busy, amazing company, and very fun place to work at. everyone is so kind especially my department, we enjoy working together and a very good team
A place to grow
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 7, 2016
A fast pace environment , staff s friendly and courteous, from the moment you start work to the moment you leave work you are busy , makes time go by fast , Learn a lot in the 5 YEARS of working with the company.
benefits
Cons
short breaks, always leaving work late
Great reputation in the community
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 15, 2016
It is a large company and a nice place to work. They were flexible with my work hours understanding a single mother's need to provide sole support getting their child to school daily, the late start Mondays, etc.
Pros
Fun company events
Cons
strange paid time off structure
was fun and great
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 13, 2016
I Learn that quality always matters to have the safe is evironment for patient and family and friends and Realatives and management was really great and good hard working co workers
Lacks Advancement Opportunities
Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 13, 2016
The overall company culture does not foster an environment of growth and opportunities for employees who seek advancement.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Lacks Advancement Opportunities
The worse place ever.. Unsafe..
Case Manager/ Authorizations (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 11, 2016
The parking is bad. The culture is unethical and sad. This could be a wonderful place but honestly they don't believe in diversity and its like gang turf driven. It all starts at the top CEO/ COO.

Nasty bathrooms. Not enough bathrooms for the amount of people.
You can run out of toilet paper and are not allowed to have napkins in the bathroom to dry your hands or open the door in the event that you washed your hands.
Pros
Downtown Whittier is beautiful.
Cons
Very high turnover of management and staff
PIH Health
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 20, 2016
Patient oriented setting. Always kind to patients. Staff is always carring. Servises like billing and records are unorganized and constantly making mistakes makes me uneasy about being a patient here. Good benefits however not like they used to be.
Pros
Good people
splendid
Community Benefit Intern (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 18, 2016
great place to work, wonderful people. unfortunately i was only there for an internship and did not manage to continue. Great programs and was a wonderful 9 to 5 job to have
Pros
professional
Cons
lack of positions
Great company, great benefits, great staff
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 17, 2016
Staff was always great, workloads very manageable, management is very professional, doctors, nursing ect were all very approachable and nice.
Pros
Great HR, Great management
Cons
took employee pension plan away, cafeteria pricing is awful
a very professional organization
Health Educator/Community Health Education Intern (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 15, 2016
Workers at this organization are very polite and professional at all times. There a lot to learn from this organization.
It's has been quite an experience at PIH Health - Downey Hospital
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAApril 13, 2016
It has been quite an experience when not enough staff provided to deliver the care to the patients. Every day in ICU/CCU can be very challenging due to the nature of environment.
Nice to come to work every day
CCS 1 (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAApril 7, 2016
I have been working in PIH Health D over 10 years, very nice place to work, good staff and very good director. people are nice here .
Pros
flexble schd
Cons
some time they flex
Professional and Friendly environment
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 16, 2016
I start my work day at 8 o'clock in the morning. On my walk to the building I often meet one of my co-workers; we talk, I get to my desk and start by going to the unfinished assignments from the day before if there is any; if not I check my to do list for the day, week, or month it depends where I am on my assignments so far. Usually there are extra assignments and when I have doubts or questions there is always a manager I can ask for assistance and guidelines.
Pros
Benefit Package, hours, and perks
Cons
none so far

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PIH Health. Our community is ready to answer.

PIH Health Reviews by Location