Pilgrim's Pride Employee Reviews

provide variety of hot cooked foods and drinks during break
Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, FLFebruary 7, 2017
My typical day was a long standing periods in one spot but very quiet besides the noises from machines. I learned how to tell the best from the not so good meat when grocery shopping. The management was poor and lazy. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the cold temperature and the hours changing with little notice: however, I enjoyed working there because advancement, benefits and getting to meet a variety of people.
Pros
hot lunches, meet variety of people
Cons
short breaks, poor management, schedule changing with little notice.
Productive and challenging with a twist of management
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 30, 2016
A typical day is not always around the corner of this place. Many issues have to be accomplish to complete your day. You have to be open to almost anything to finish the task at hand. Yourself and others learn many tasks needed for the job. Management has had many of them. Balance is the key to learn of them before they are gone again. And another takes their place. All co-workers are giving people. Some are great to work with as a team-player. Others are not. The hardest of this job is learning new rules, management, and most of all your co-workers. Over-all this job is great when we accomplish the work that is before us. The feeling you made a day with management and the company appreciates your effort.
Benefits
Cons
Advancement
Decent place to work for
IQF (Former Employee) –  Hickory, KYDecember 11, 2016
The job was OK. The benefits and compensation were great. I loved the steady paycheck and hours. My co-workers were great. It was a cold place to work which wasn't fun but bearable. I didn't like how the management was very corporate and weren't very family oriented.
Great people
Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAJanuary 30, 2017
Overall a nice place to work. Plenty of hours but overtime is a requirement. So that may not be for everyone. Great benefits as well.
Pros
PLENTY OF OVERTIME
Cons
LONG HOURS AND COLD TEMPERATURE
productive and great workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 12, 2017
Great company just bad on benefits. But overall every thing else was great . Great workers, great supervisor. Very supportive official staff. But they are very strict. Very clean and beat workplace. Would love to go back if they would work around my school schedule.
Good with good hard working people
Driver-Livehaul (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 9, 2016
Good benefits able to get off when needed.Management were good about working with you..Steady work .extra days at times.
Pros
Free lunches at times
Cons
Health care good.
It was a Great company to work for.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXAugust 8, 2016
I enjoyed every aspect of working at The Pilgrim's plant with Security and with the partners at the plant. The job was less stressful do to 2 breaks and hour for lunch or dinner. I also enjoyed training other guards for my gate and was always given praise for the great job I was doing.
Pros
Excellent management and benefits and breaks.
Cons
working too many overtime hours.
Good job for the most part
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, GADecember 28, 2016
I enjoyed my job and I really enjoyed the people. I was just unable to work the hours that I was scheduled. I needed consistency because I had a newborn at the time and it was more of an on call position.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Productive Work Place
Stack Off (Former Employee) –  Sumter,SCJanuary 20, 2017
It was a good place to work for u know but it was my surrounding I work beside or around. It had good benefits and job opportunities to work with but it was da employees dat I didn't agree with
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Healthcare
This is a Productive Workplace to accel
Skin Puller (Former Employee) –  DeQueen ArNovember 20, 2016
Everything about the company stood out from benefits to scheduling to personal life. For people taking their first steps onto the work field thus would be a recommendation of mine.
Great place with great opportunities.
Debone Manager (Current Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 29, 2016
It's a good company with good opportunities to move up with a great training program. Very helpful co-workers and a good team work. Salary and benefits on the other hands needs some improvements. A lot of challenges on the day to day but very manageable.
let they worker get a way wiith to much
Poultry Processor (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 28, 2016
Better supervision and better HR. All they want is to run the chicken no matter what. If it's not clean, if its bad product. The don't care about there worker or take care of them.
benefits
Cons
that's good supervision
Its a productive and fast paced work environment
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 4, 2017
A typical day at work would include a fast past work environment. You are in production work so that means you have to work until you meet quota, Including working longer hours or weekends. Management could be better. They have a lot of qualities that could improve. Co-workers are some what friendly but I would prefer you to stay to yourself. Some co-workers keep up drama and have bad intentions and not a care in the world for the job they are doing. The most enjoyable part of the job is when they do special things on specials occasions like, employee dinners. The worst thing about the job is its ran off a point system. If you miss 7 days your FIRED.
Pros
weekly pay, Overtime with Overtime pay
Cons
you pay for your own meals, management could improve, weekend work is mandatory and its ran off a point system
Nice place to work good pay
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 24, 2016
Good pay and great benefits. I quit because it was to far to drive, i got married and moved. I learned a lot from this job. I Loved this work only it was to far to drive. Management were fair to employees.
Co workers most were nice but had a few with bad attitudes.
Hardest part of the job was long lomg hours in the cold.
I enjoyed working in PACKING it was fast work and I liked that.
Pros
Great insurance, health and Life for my kids too
Cons
Long hours and worked in the cold
Productive. When you clock in you know its time to work.
Rehanger (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 25, 2016
Overall a pretty good job to be at. Good hours. Good benefits. Just didn't leave you much time to have an life outside the job. The pay was good for what you would b doing. Just had to stand in one place and get wet 9 hours a day.
Pros
Good benefits
Management does not care about its employees or their safety Just filling orders.
Maintenance Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 2, 2016
*Bad place to work. I would never work there again. Management does not care about employees family or there personal lives.
*I used to work 70 to 80 hours a week and only get paid for 40. Plus I would get called In to the plant all the time and get yelled at by the plant manager because a machine was broke and most of the time it was because he would not order a part for us.
*Then I was fired cause he didn't like me cause I would defend my mechanics and not write them up or fire them for something that was not there fault.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Bad place to work
Horrible Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAOctober 10, 2016
Pilgrims wants to believe they are changing their negative culture towards employee treatment through initiatives and training, it's all a farce and they could care less about their employees, long hours, continual chewing, no appreciation for work done, poor training for new hires, and a broken chain of command. Communication within departments is poor at best , and leadership is given roles without the proper credentials. There is a reason that there is a never ending list of job postings with them.
Pros
Fair wages
Cons
Almost everything
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Loading trucks with pallet jacks or forklifts, inventory control, assist in other departments as needed. Learned to be more of a team player. Management was pretty good no problems. Being around different cultures of people and getting to know others was very exciting.
Pros
Mandantory to be team players, lots of breaks
Cons
Not much of advancement potential
Great work place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJune 25, 2016
Great work place I was a second lead person when I started up on the line then I became a lead person within my own section of the plant I will recommend anyone to work here they also have advancement to step up in the plant and raises along the way
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not a good company to work for
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 20, 2016
This company is unfair. Some of the supervisors on night shift are more focused on being in control and they don't worry about their manager skills.
benefits
Cons
lack of supervisor manager skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilgrim's Pride. Our community is ready to answer.