Pilgrim's Pride Employee Reviews

Production and a very nice workplace all around Pilgrim's Pride Corp.
Assembler line (Former Employee), Sanford, NCJuly 19, 2015
Pros: I Like being there to meet new people that is every day!
Cons: short breaks
I had to finger out where to go to my workplace for the first time and ask my suporvise what I have to do for work.I learn about the chicken was nasty and miss that was on our fingers and the chicken is very cold that was on my fingers as well.All of my co-workers were very nice to me.The hardest part of my job it was putting on my big wet boots every day I come into work but,I had to were my big wet boots every day that is calls being safe.I don't have the most enjoyable part that is at my job not at all.
Pilgrim's Pride
Shoulder Cutter (Former Employee), Douglas, GAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: the benefits, on site lunch service
Cons: the cold
I worked eight hour nights, six days a week, dislocating the shoulders of poultry with a knife. I enjoyed my co-workers, they made the night go by faster. The hardest part of the job was learning to cut the chickens correctly with speed. What I enjoyed most about the job, was the fact that I was working.
Good and strong work environment
Production Lead (Current Employee), Waco TxJuly 6, 2015
Really love the job I love the fast paced work environment but I'm currently looking for a day shift job so I have more time to spend with family and friends.
Good workers, bad higher ups
Laborer (Former Employee), Guntersville, ALJune 23, 2015
Pros: Good money, good benefits
Cons: no cooperation with needed time off for appointments and such, point system doesn't remove points for 6 months from the day
The coworkers are fun and caring but the higher ups, such as utilities and mostly the human resources people are rude and uncaring of people's situations. If you are sick and require time off unless you have the points or vacation time you lose your job. Not flexible with dr appointments unless you've been there for a year.
Interesting work, people from all backgrounds, decent pay
Scale Operator (Former Employee), Live Oak, FLJune 15, 2015
Pros: Interesting job
Cons: can be VERY hard work
Enjoyed learning many facets of production and experiencing many new things. Worked along side people from many different countries and learned to communicate creatively.
It is an OK place to work but can be very time consuming.
Sr. Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee), Sumter, SCJune 3, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers
Cons: Dwindling benefits
It is an OK place to work but can be very time consuming. If you want a good work life balance this probably is not the place for you.
Review
Team Member (Former Employee), Moorefield, WVMay 27, 2015
The job was based on the orders for the day and the number of chickens that were killed that day.
I learned about how many people it takes to run a successful company. That everyone has to do there part or else it fails.
Management was good.
Co-workers were good.
Fulfilling Productivity Requirements
Summer Internship (Former Employee), Natchitoches, LAMay 20, 2015
For the summer of 2014, I worked as an intern at the Natchitoches location for Pilgrim's Pride. A typical day at work consisted of shadowing different employees and managers in the live-production stage of the poultry industry. I started off at the Feed Mill for a week where I learned what it takes to efficiently provide adequate feeds to the various ages of the chickens. From there I worked at the Hatchery for two weeks where I learned the process the eggs go through in order to hatch into chicks to be brought to the farms. Then I worked in the Broiler and Breeder Departments for three weeks each. We went to farms to survey the conditions of the growing chickens and made sure that their living conditions were suitable enough in order to sustain adequate growth and reproduction. The last week of my internship I worked at Live-haul, where I learned what it took to ensure the chickens were being delivered on a timely manner. I was not raised on a farm or around farm animals, so I did not know a lot of things about this industry. But I feel that that helped me to be more open to learning and allowed me to be more focused on the tasks at hand.
Productive place
Production Line (Former Employee), Sanford, NCMay 17, 2015
I worked on the chicken de bone line where i cut the bones out of chicken and stood on a line in one spot for long periods of time. Least favorite was dealing with chicken and being in a cold atmosphere for long periods of time and smelling like chicken when i go home and not wanting to eat it at all.
fun
Sanitation (Former Employee), Live Oak, FLMay 14, 2015
Enjoyed working with my co-workers and supervisor. The work was relatively easy and fun to do. The most enjoyable part of the day was breaks and lunch time. I have never worked for a company that is so driven to promote within the business. They are always willing to teach you whatever it is that you want to learn and encourage you grow within your position, I love that.
Fast-paced, fun work environment.
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee), Russellville, ALMay 13, 2015
Pros: I learned allot about the sanitation process in the food industry.
Cons: No cons
I learned the do and the don'ts when it comes to sanitation in the food industry. I really appreciated and enjoyed the team work and support from my fellow co-workers.
Job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Sanford, NCMay 12, 2015
I would set up in the morning to get ready for work by making combs and looking for a pallet jack. I would also give my co workers a break and would also have to scan and wrap pallets.
don't really understand
assembly lines (Former Employee), bossierMay 7, 2015
the most enjoyable part of the job is that i can work for a very long time and would'nt get tied because is super easy.if the place open up again, i will be one of the first ones the apply, meeting new people there was great and i made a few friends.
work was fine.i did my best
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Sumter, SCMay 4, 2015
I work there for over 20 years and gave my all.in the end it seemed like I wasn't truly appreciated.i trained others as a machine operator and they were retained and I was laided off.
a great learning experience
mulit-skilled maintenace (Current Employee), Hickory, KYApril 30, 2015
I've learned a lot working there for over 5 years. It has provided me with a vast knowledge of multi- skilled industrial maintenance.
Great learning experience
Research & Development Technician (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, TXApril 28, 2015
Pros: great cafeteria, great supervisors
Cons: pay rate
I worked on a processing line for 8 hours a day. This job set the pace for my future. I learned how to work and be a team player. I had great co workers and supervisors. the hardest part of my job was pulling the skin off breast meat. the most enjoyable part of the day was lunch.
Chickens, Chickens, and more Chickens
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee), Mayfield, KYApril 22, 2015
fast paced place of employment. The Management is very understanding and tries to understand the employees. It is a very cold, wet job but can be fun.
Interesting experience
Production Worker (Former Employee), Enterprise, AlaApril 21, 2015
Cold and wet. It was an interesting place to work. A lot of drama that created a hostile environment. People I worked with were ok oneday and unpredictable the next day.
Benefits and compensation are great, work environment is what you make it, management needs sufficient improvement.
Shoulder Cutter (Current Employee), Hickory, KYApril 13, 2015
A typical day at Pilgrim's Pride is long and boring but very productive. There is plenty of overtime available and you should not be very family oriented if you work here because your holiday's are paid but not available to take off.
It is an OK job
Driver (Current Employee), Russellville, ALApril 11, 2015
Pros: Always work, medical benefits are alright
Cons: Type of work, management is really not that good, the pay, and the working environment
This type of work will always be here, since there are a lot of farms in this area. The work can be hard and dirty here, but it is reliable.