Pilgrim's Pride Employee Reviews

It's an okay job.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Moorefield, WVDecember 8, 2017
There was little chance for advancement. The pay was decent. You would often work overtime which is good for money but bad if you rode the bus. The management was absolutely awful.
fun place to work
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 7, 2017
i was working in boxing and labeling, it was easy, i loved it there. you get alot of hours but its worth it, i would go in a 6 in the afternoon n get out at 6 in the morning.
Pros
easy
Cons
supervisers arent fair sometimes
Productive , there's never a dull moment in your day
Packer (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 6, 2017
Pilgrims is a great place to work, I have learned a lot of thing about cutting chicken and grating. Working at Pilgrims has given me stability and a sense of belonging, I love my job and the people I work with, thanks to Pilgrim I now own a home and much more.
Fast paced, nice and cool temperatures
Waste Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 6, 2017
Good steady job with really good benefits weekly pay with paid vacation lots of fun loving people to socialize with during break exciting you can always expect some thing different everyday, good management if you have a problem with some thing you can bring it up to your supervisor if it doesn't get resolved there you can go up the chain of command until it gets fixed, if for some reason you don't feel good or feeling sick there's a nurse on premises you can go see,and an excellent HR department . All in all a great place to work
Pros
Full time steady job
Cons
Same routine motion some times wears on you
can be more professional when it comes to the front line managers
Supervisor/Debone (Former Employee) –  Dequeen, ArkansasDecember 5, 2017
Friendly people and supportive on many occasions. Pilgrims problem is they don't pay supervisors for what they are asking them to do. Don't use HR enough in decision making on hourly team members
Pros
it a job
Cons
not always professional
typical production
Production Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Canton, GADecember 4, 2017
Very fasted paced production but not that bad of a career. management always tried to pull the best out of workers, and showed interest in their lives.
fast paced productive enviroment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 3, 2017
I loved my job. But my transportation blew up. But it was steady work and dependable income with a like minded crew working together and looking or for another4
Great hours and enjoy the afternoons off
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Enterprise, ALDecember 2, 2017
A typical day at work involves checking charts and graphs mostly plus help clean when needed. I have great coworkers. I enjoy the hours and having afternoons off.
Pros
work schedule
Cons
low pay
Fast pace work
Poultry Processor (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCDecember 1, 2017
It was a very demanding job requiring skills. It was a very hard job. I was on the cone line pulling tenders and chicken breast. It required a lot of team effort.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
short breaks
good place to work
Debone (Former Employee) –  Hickory, KYNovember 30, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Pilgrim's Pride. If it weren't for the fact that I have motion sickness and medical issues I would have continued to work there.
Modern Day Slavery
Employees (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 29, 2017
Someone died in the building last week. And they make you keep working. Need I say more? They treat you horrible. You spend more time with them than with your family. I'm missing my daughter's childhood because I work sooo much.
A day at work
DSI (Former Employee) –  Hickory, KYNovember 29, 2017
A typical day at pilgrims pride is cold and slow. I've learned to pay attention to the people that was there before you, it will you get you far. The managers and line leads are nice, its just a little unorganized. The hardest part about the job is dealing with the cold. You have to dress properly working here. The most enjoyable thing about working here is meeting new people.
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Under paid for the work done
Poultry Worker (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 29, 2017
The climate control is horrible, there is either too cold to too hot. very great working pace and benefits though. you may enjoy it but i dont thin i did
Its the worst company i have ever worked for
Packer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GANovember 29, 2017
The management is horrible, they have no rule system. They do not take care of any kind of harassment like they should. They are very rude, disrespectful and they talk to their employees any kind of way.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else about this company
Not a good work place
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, FLNovember 28, 2017
A typical day at work once was good until Pilgrims Pride brought Gold Kist. Things went very bad for all the employees because everyone treated like they was nothing.
Pros
Cons
Bad place to work
Fast paced, lots of changes with sometimes little notice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNNovember 28, 2017
Fast paced environment with lots of changes that happen from day to day, some may change multiple times. Responses to calls and emails are required to be quick and efficient. I learned to take lots of notes on everything and ask tons of questions even if you know the answer, always have to double check. Most enjoyable part of my job was the bond we make between customers and buyers.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Sometimes no breaks. No acknowledgment for doing over and above
productive work place
Shoulder Cutter Debone (Former Employee) –  De Queen, ARNovember 27, 2017
id say my days there were okay. i get two thirty minutes breaks a day.
not much to learn there just how to cut chicken.
you hardly get a restroom break, and the hardest part of the job is standing for hours cutting chicken shoulder.
ok
Packer (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, FLNovember 27, 2017
good pay bad management and lots and lots of drama on the job and supervisor really do not care they care more for the chicken a lot of them are family and will stick together even if they have to lie or cheat to do so
chicken plant
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Moorefield, WVNovember 26, 2017
ok job...management sucks, hr sucks...its a rough job when u start but when ur body gets used to it..its not so bad...benefits are pretty good, it just depends on what department u go to and what they have u doing...
Productive and fast-paced
Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 24, 2017
I worked for this company only a few months before having to relocate but while I was there I was trained on various machines and positions. I became a very productive team member and was able to run any part of the line as well was a new hire trainer for all positions. I enjoyed the management and team members we all worked as one to provide the best possible results for our customers.
Pros
Health Insurance, raises, promotions
Cons
High turnover rate of employees