Pilgrim's Pride

Pilgrim's Pride Employer Reviews

Assembler Line Worker (Former Employee), Sumter, SCAugust 6, 2014
Pros: healthcare and opportunity for overtime
Cons: 60-90 probation period before to start recieving any benefits
Everyday there is always something different to do. A typical day at work is going to your assigned station and perform your duty. Sometimes the line may have some malfunctions which may let the employees take a short break, work into other departments if needed help or go home early. There is always new information to learn in the plant. I have learned – more... how to weight the product when it is marinated, after the product went through the first flour batter, secondly, when the product has went through the second flour batter, and last, after the product went through the preheat oven. And I also learned how to operate the machine my assembly line were working on. My co-workers were mostly to themselves but if needed help, they were accommodating. There were no hard part to this job, if you did your job as taught and you were good at what you had to do, you would not make it hard on yourself. The enjoyable part of the job is doing everything on the assembly line that does not required hard labor. – less
Good place to work, with supportive upper management
Sanitation Manager (Current Employee), Athens, GAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: working with great people
Cons: commute is more than the desired distance
A normal day here includes ensuring many variables that can alter the performance of my department are continually being monitored and maintained. I work in conjuction with 1st and 3rd shifts in order to accomplish the daily task. I am directly in contact with Maintenance as well in order to head off any potential hiccups that will cause set backs. – more... Time management is one of the most important and challenging parts of what I do as I have a small time window to complete the Sanitation process. I enjoy the success of passing quality inspections and knowing that all of my employees worked and remained safe throughout the shift. – less
ok
Accounting Specialist II (Former Employee), BatesvilleJuly 31, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: they let more experience go.
I balanced daily weekly and monthly sales/inventory records
productive
Stock clerk (Former Employee), Live Oak, FLJuly 30, 2014
stacking pallets, cutting and packing chicken, stocking item in the freezer
Food Processing
Line Worker (Former Employee), Mayfield, KYJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: dirty job
wORKED LONG HOURS HARDEST JOB IN THE BUILDING AND VERY REPITIVE MOTIONS.
Productive , Fast-paced environment
Customer Service (Office Clerk) (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: cold environment
My typical workday was coming in working inside of a 3o degree cooler before being promoted to the clerical positon. I would cut, box, and labled poultry parts that were distributed throughout the United States.
The most enjoyable part of my job was getting discounts on our product. The hardest part of my job was standing in cold when the machines would – more... stop working.
I enjoyed working in the office because the temperature was bareable. I also, enjoyed answering the phones, filing, and billing. – less
assembly line
Tender Scoring (Former Employee), Monroe, NCJuly 25, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: short breaks, long working hours
worked on a assembly line fast pace cutting chicken tenders off of whole chickens
No opportunity for advancement
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 23, 2014
Pros: 12 hour shifts off 4 days
Cons: cold environment
No opportunity for advancement i.e. I trained two supervisors and was not considered for position.
Work was learned quickly.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJuly 12, 2014
Very business workplace, there was no time to build relationships with coworkers.
Busy, fast paced
Production Specialist (Former Employee), Mayfield, KYJune 30, 2014
Pros: good experience
Cons: favoritism happened a lot
Learned how to work the machines at a fast pace and with other co-workers as a team with lots of work and small windows. Do quality work with little mistakes. Everyone worked well with no problems. Got a little stressed when machines would brake down and put us behind. For the most part we'd still get done early without the hassle of machines braking – more... down. – less
very productive and challenging work place.
Line Worker (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXJune 30, 2014
work in a meat processing plant. worked on a line, so i had to learn to pace myself and go with the flow of line. packaging and labeling, and deboning chicken,.
it was ok
TX - Debone Processor (Former Employee), Nacodogches TexasJune 27, 2014
It was cold, and long hours, and that;s the only thing i disliked about the job, and what i like most is that you get to interact with other races
good place steady work fast paced
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee), Live Oak, FLJune 25, 2014
its a great place union pay and hours are good learn about different types of cleaning acids and a good place to learn safety and working with a time limit
laid back, good hours
Live Production Accounts Payable Representative (Current Employee), Pittsburg, TXJune 22, 2014
Pros: laid back environment
Cons: no career advancement/no raises
A typical day at work it laid back, no stress. Monday & Tuesdays are busiest days and rest of week is catching up and at times running out of things to do.
No room for advancement.
I am blessed to have a job & I make the best out of everything. I enjoy working in accounting.
good work enviroment
Storeroom Supervisor (Current Employee), Sumter SCJune 22, 2014
fast paste a steady job quick learning skills a must when the majority of the computer input is done
through SAP
Fast paced friendly enviroment
Cone Line Rework (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXJune 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits after probation steady work plus overtime
Cons: management is scatterbrained at times, no holiday or sick leave only have point system and it is harsh.
Typical day was busy from the start to the end some days were scattered confusing and some steady and consistant. overall I enjoyed my days there.

I learned a lot about manufacturing production lines safety/cleanliness in the work place.

Management was decent, at times there was a lot of confusion and miscommunication between the different areas of – more... production and levels of management. some were very skilled and know the process very well and others didn't seem to have all the same knowledge.

Co-workers were all friendly and hard working, easy to get along with and always there to help each other out whether it was our jobs or real life situation it was a very tight staff.

The hardest part of the job was trying to stay consistent with all the confusion in management. I worked hard had one of the hardest jobs in my area but I loved the work it was challenging and kept me motivated.

working with a fun and energetic staff. – less
A GREAT JOB
SHIPPING RECIEVED (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLJune 19, 2014
A GREAT CREW MEMBER A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN GROW. COMPANY CLOSE DOWN
fast paced
Poultry Processing Supervisor (Former Employee), Sanford, NCJune 17, 2014
Cons: management treats everyone like they are stupid
this is a fast paced work environment with little or no regard of their employees
Very productive.
Bagger Machine Operator (Former Employee), Elberton, GAJune 13, 2014
Productive.
Good Place to start off.
Friendly co-workers.
Better for the younger adults.
Unor
Debone (Former Employee), douglasMay 28, 2014
Pros: hardworking
Cons: to many supervisiors
To many people telling you to do one thing and then another person come along and to do another way it was really confusing.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pilgrim's Pride

Pilgrim's Pride couldn't be blamed if it spread its tail feathers and did a barnyard strut. As one of the world's top chicken – Read more

Pilgrim's Pride Photos