Pilgrim's Employee Reviews in United States

productive and great food
Live Hanger (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJune 16, 2016
pilgrims is a great work place with friendly supervisors and staffing. The pay is better than most jobs and better chances to move up in the company.
Pros
deli in the inside
same as first summary
Engineering and Environmental (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg TxMay 3, 2016
Typical Day
I learned alot of different areas of Pilgrim's
co-workers always nice and helpful
the hardest part nothing really
i enjoyed all my jobs at pilgrims
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
Laid Off
WOW...Really?
Refrigeration Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, TXApril 28, 2016
I learned a lot working here. I was hired outside of the company and knew very little about my job. I grew to love my job and learned that people come first.
Great company
Admin Assistant/Manager of Sales/Accounting (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARApril 19, 2016
Worked for JBS/Pilgrims almost 10 years until they sold the plant that I worked at. Did not want the plant to sell. Worried now about it closing.
If you work 2md shift, you have no support.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Waco TexasApril 16, 2016
Top mangement wants all things done. With equipment that is wore out.. Days don't run anything and 2nd shift has to run wide open and untill 4:00am , no live on 2nd.
Steady money is the positive. There is a lot of mangement that is there should be gone. No training
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
No out side life
HACCP Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAApril 4, 2016
I enjoyed my time working here. I was fortunate to work with the elite quality assurance group. This company was my first place of employment out of school. The management program offered by this company is a great place to start a career.
One of the worst ran plants in the industry
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCMarch 19, 2016
Poor upper management, state they care about team members but the only thing they care about is Agra-Stat numbers. Work middle management and hourly s very long hours. Shift will be over as your ready to walk out door for the day its announced must work more hours. Slaves were treated better.upper management screams yells at employees on plant floor like nothing is better than humiliating employees in front of each other.. Training is nonexistent, you are just thrown into a position and told to work. Safety to upper management, plant maintenance, and sanitation is only important when they have visitors. Turnover is what they do best, so many good people come in and out.
Pros
chicken at a discount
Cons
everything
Poultry
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMarch 17, 2016
Overall very good job, friendly environment, good management. The only negative about the job is the pay scale, they keep you stuck at pretty much the same rate as you start.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Pay scale
very productive workplace
Process Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Moorefield, WVJanuary 25, 2016
you meet many nice people and form friendships. you also have opportunities to better employment status, they also have health benifits
Average place to work
Live haul truck driver (Current Employee) –  Mayfield, KYJanuary 7, 2016
Day starts around 3 a.m. day ends around 2 p.m.
Many safety skills
Management always applying new polices
Working in extreme conditions
My co-workers
Marination (Former Employee) –  De Queen, ARJanuary 2, 2016
Good pay, good hours, good work place, good coworkers, good supervisors. I would recommend this company to my family and friends
There's a reason they removed "pride" from the name.
Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 30, 2015
In my short stay, I watched entire management be let go, just to allow egomaniacs take over departments and drive them into the ground. Most dedicated employees were considered a threat and were reprimanded for speaking their minds, while the company continues to fake "openness" and "honesty"...

Bottom line is, that entire part of the plant has been shut down, and everyone is working else where.

In my short stay, I worked 19 day and 21 day stints without a day off, before being told that they do not approve overtime. After seeing Pilgrim's other plants, the story is consistent.
Pros
Met a few skillful people.
Cons
It's bad
Good Place to work.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TXNovember 7, 2015
Fun place to work management made it easy for us to voice are opinion and make it fun for us. I enjoyed my time there working for them.
horrible
LEAD PERSON/BONE CHECKER (Former Employee) –  Marshville, NCNovember 1, 2015
worst place i ever worked at
horrible
unsafe
treated unfairly
hr and your supervisor hate u
people pick on you
people always wanna fight
Pros
Two Breaks, Pay, Team Mates
Cons
SUPERVISORS AND HR
Horrible work place
worked just about everything at the hatchery (Former Employee) –  Cohutta, GAOctober 26, 2015
Management does nothing, but take advantage of every worker they have. Unless you've been there for years you might actually know how to get around being treated so bad! Other co workers just take advantage of everyone since management does not care about no one. You can hurt yourself and they don't care they just want you to keep working. Very racist environment, so much work for not even close to a reasonable pay! Only way you could understand any of this is working there! Do not recommend this place to no one!
Pros
pros? For this place? None!
Cons
Everything!
Competitive pay and excellent insurance benefits.
Scanner (Former Employee) –  Ellijay GaOctober 13, 2015
This plant suck as far as supervisors and HR people need to be replaced especially on night shift. I have never seen so much rascisim in one work enviroment. Use to like it there but now no. They need a whole new managment team from plant manger on down.
Pros
Good pay and insurance
Cons
Very rasist people and no room for advancedment
its a great work place with great people
Maintenance Mechanic A (Former Employee) –  Ellijay, GASeptember 30, 2015
I love working there just had to leave for medical reasons I worked there over 5 yrs and I love the supervisors the great people and the mechs great management and always had the parts to fix the machines
Pros
great people
hard work with little to no chance of moving up
unloader (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches texasSeptember 16, 2015
Ridiculous work for the amount of money made. When a good position comes available they would rather hire outside of company than to promote from within. Expect to be required to have no life with family that you can barely afford to take care of. Wet cold hot stinking climates. No Care for Employees Just numbers
benefits
Cons
pay, no life, no appreciation, inhumane conditions
My opinion
Processor (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCAugust 27, 2015
Hard work, not for the weak hearted. I learned mostly about how to handle the company product before it began the shipping process. Most co-workers were friendly, everyone has their days. Over all the pay is decent but this job will take you away from quality time with your loved ones. If you don't have anyone at home waiting for you, this is the perfect job.
Pros
Health, Dental and Vision Care
Cons
Repetitive motions, causing lots of pain later on
Just a normal factory job
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Hickory, KYAugust 21, 2015
Wasn't none exciting about the job. It was really more of an stress factory than anything. They were hiring supervisor's off the street that had no idea how to do the job they were supervising, and the newly hired supervisor's wouldn't even take advise from people who have been at the job for twenty plus years.
Pros
Great people to be around
Cons
Supervisor's want listen

2.9