Pilgrim's

Pilgrim's Employee Reviews

Employee (Former Employee), Live Oak, FLMarch 31, 2015
Good company to work for, especially if you're looking to move up in the industry. If you are willing to move you can move up pretty fast with a good work ethic, and willingness to learn.
Productive work experience with many opportunities to continue to grow
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Sanford, NCMarch 20, 2015
Pros: i've gained a wealth of knowledge and continue to learn each day
Generally, a productive work experience, healthy interaction amongst team members to help make the process a success. The opportunity to grow and create value always exist.
Worst place to work...be careful
Supervisor (Current Employee), Carrollton, GADecember 21, 2014
Lack of integrity from upper management including the HR department, they wont take responsibility when they make a mistakes. The plant have several food safety issues. Employees and management do not follow GMP regulations. The job conditions are poor for employees who work on the floor. Mildew and roaches are allover the plant. Be careful DO NOT TRUST Plant manager and Complex manager.
"Nothing will change, but the names"
Maintenance (Current Employee), Sumter, SCOctober 23, 2014
Pros: i had an excellent trainer... until he was let go.
Cons: unqualified management at nearly every level.
That phrase was spoken to me, when I first started, and during the time, that I've been with the company, a lot of names have changed many times.

Threats to be fired, suspensions, and unjustified forced resignations is what this plant is about. There are major flaws, that aren't being addressed, except by the finger pointing few, that aren't willing nor are capable of progress.
Not worth doing again
Superintendent (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: salary very poor for what you must do
Nothing really to say. Other than be very careful about accepting a salary position.
Production Accountant (Current Employee), Russellville, ALJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: drama in the work place
A typical day is processing reports for production to help increase yield and lower cost.
Learned about financail accounting.
The management team is great.
Great group of ladies to work with.
Analying production cost.
Learnin great accounting skill to help further my accountant ablities.
Stressful workplace with way too much favoritism going on.
Live Receiving Hanger (Current Employee), Hickory, KYMay 28, 2014
Pros: decent insurance and pay. cafeteria. you get three breaks a day(two short and one long)
Cons: stressful, strain on the body from repetitive motions, never know what time your getting off, too much favoritism, hard place for advancement, management is lazy.
The product (chickens) is more important than a human. You feel unappreciated and they are constantly changing the rules. I hang live chickens into shackles which means dealing with feces, dust, feathers, etc. You have to hang 30 birds a minute. You also have to deal with childish coworkers who are constantly horseplaying.This should be a last resort if you are looking for a job.
Extremely stressfull environment, very demanding, not at all focused on a work/life balance
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), Russellville, ALApril 30, 2014
Pilgrim's has been a good company to work for. I have been employed there for 13 years. I don't like the thoughts of leaving, but the company is demanding more and more and will not offer help when requested.
To get everything done that they want me to get done and not get behind, would require me to work about 60 - 70 hours a week. I am not willing to work that many hours every week due to the family life that I value.
Productive but the enviornment is strenuous.
Processor (Current Employee), Sumter, SCJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: good wage
Cons: strenuous work enviornment and short breaks
The typical work day is coming to work and work hard from the time you clock in till the time you clock out.
Worst Upper management Structure I have ever seen
Shift manager (Current Employee), Waco, TxJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: no pros with this company
Cons: upper management does not care about anything but themselves.
This has to be one of the worst company's I have ever been associated with. The current maintenance manager was demoted for
stating that he thought we could reduce downtime from 14% to 5% and 8 months later he only got it down to 6%. Production management was demoted for making 6 times our budgeted profit which was not good enough for the plant manager. What a joke. everyone is over worked and treated like they do not matter.
the work environment could be a better place if you didn't have to do a lot of sucking up.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXOctober 31, 2013
on a typical day its generaly like any other work place you goto work be as productive as possible and you go home but, there are ups and downs the hardest part is getting adjusted to the job the most enjoyable part is pay day
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Lufkin, TXAugust 29, 2013
Pros: all safety equipment is free
Cons: short breaks
Its a long night of getting wet and working with chemicals. Management is alright for the most part. The workers on my shift are very good people to work around. Cleaning the belts with a lot of meat and grease I say is the hardest part of the shift. Leaving to go home after, getting wet all night has to be the most enjoyable part of the job.
WORST JOB IVE HAD IN MY LIFE
Production supervisor (Former Employee), waco txAugust 18, 2013
Pros: it's a paycheck
Cons: no diversity amongst superintedants ;accountability is minimal ;highly unsafe equipment; it's wet, cold, and stinks ; there's many more
If you're looking to work for a company with highly unsafe equipment, a staff that consist mainly of felons, or a management team that gives little respect to their employees . This is the company to work for. This company has no diversity amongst their superintendants and their superintendants have no respect for most of their employees. In my opinion this job is a last resort opportunity not for just felons but for anyone with any amount of self respect.
Excellent Career
Production Shift Manager (Current Employee), Waco, TXMay 1, 2013
I typically put in 10-12 hours a day in a food processing/manufacturing operation. I have learned a lot about leadership, management, budgets, and processing efficiencies. The management staff at Pilgrim's is great. I love the people I work with, and I consider most of them as personal friends. Hardest part of my job is finding enough time in the day to get everything done. The most enjoyable part of my job is I continue to learn every day.
Mediocre job
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Boaz, ALApril 29, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: exhaustive schedule
Working at Pilgrim's was not too grueling on a day-to-day basis. Some days the environment was more stressful, while other days it was very calm.
Great Company, Good Management, good benefits, and learned alot.
Hatchery - Gold Kist Legacy Partner (Former Employee), Hatchery - Talking Rock, GAApril 22, 2013
Pros: good boss, good people, worked with plant maintenance and sales reps.
Cons: can be stressful dealing with a live product, daily.
General Office, Production Payroll, Purchase Orders, Inventory, Data Entry, Balancing, Reporting, Comdata, PCard, Kronos, SAP, Hatchery, Breeder, Broiler, and Pullet Data.
Developing work environment
Food Technologist (Current Employee), Greeley, COMarch 15, 2013
Constantly changing allowing to grow the skills of improvising and flexibility. As a project manager I was abel to learn all components to development from packaging to Quality assurance. My coworkers were great to work with, everyone had a diverse background with different perspectives to offer.
Boring and no continuance training
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAOctober 18, 2012
I find no more challenges in my day to day job; there is no moral support from Management team; no room for advancement; The most enjoyable part of my job would be the employees that work under me. I enjoy working with people.
Great Pay
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Greeley, COAugust 12, 2012
12-hours a day, 7 days a week. They didn't mind paying overtime.
Chicken processing
Production Worker (Former Employee), Sumter, SCAugust 9, 2012
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: no work hardening program
equipment included wearing protective outer garments
safety equipment for working with knives
boots worn supplied by the company
friendly coworkers