Pilgrim's Employee Reviews

One of the worst ran plants in the industry
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCMarch 19, 2016
Poor upper management, state they care about team members but the only thing they care about is Agra-Stat numbers. Work middle management and hourly s very long hours. Shift will be over as your ready to walk out door for the day its announced must work more hours. Slaves were treated better.upper management screams yells at employees on plant floor like nothing is better than humiliating employees in front of each other.. Training is nonexistent, you are just thrown into a position and told to work. Safety to upper management, plant maintenance, and sanitation is only important when they have visitors. Turnover is what they do best, so many good people come in and out.
Pros
chicken at a discount
Cons
everything
HACCP Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAApril 4, 2016
I enjoyed my time working here. I was fortunate to work with the elite quality assurance group. This company was my first place of employment out of school. The management program offered by this company is a great place to start a career.
Productive company to work for
Deboner (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAAugust 10, 2016
A typical day a work could be working with un-effortless individuals, working in very cold temperatures, & loud nosey workplace. I learned how to work at a quick pace on an assembly line while working & interacting with other employees. I also learned how to D-bone, inspect, & process the chicken. I never had any altercations or problems out any of the 500 co-workers employed there. The hardest part of the job for me was having to work with an un-effortless employee. I feel like if every employee put forth effort than the job can get done quicker & be productive! I enjoyed being able to work as a team, learning new positions, being able to get the job done, & making money!
Cons
short breaks
Poultry
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMarch 17, 2016
Overall very good job, friendly environment, good management. The only negative about the job is the pay scale, they keep you stuck at pretty much the same rate as you start.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Pay scale
Good Job - Poor Pay - Poor Management
Feed Mill Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 6, 2016
I had been with this company for over 20 years. This company does not compensate long term employees. They do not give regular raises. Management currently in place is very poor. I have never had any issues with any other of my managers until now. Manager's inexperience and immaturity is definitely an issue. I would not recommend this job.
Cons
Manager
There's a reason they removed "pride" from the name.
Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 30, 2015
In my short stay, I watched entire management be let go, just to allow egomaniacs take over departments and drive them into the ground. Most dedicated employees were considered a threat and were reprimanded for speaking their minds, while the company continues to fake "openness" and "honesty"...

Bottom line is, that entire part of the plant has been shut down, and everyone is working else where.

In my short stay, I worked 19 day and 21 day stints without a day off, before being told that they do not approve overtime. After seeing Pilgrim's other plants, the story is consistent.
Pros
Met a few skillful people.
Cons
It's bad
Nice place to work, great benefits
Line Leader/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, GASeptember 22, 2016
A normal work day starts off with safety and equipment check. My daily routine is clean off my work station and set up my equipment for production. Heavy lifting and standing long periods of time. Great benefits!
Pros
Great money
Productive and hard working
Felay (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXSeptember 21, 2016
a typical day at work is having fun working and talking to your friends that work with you. The co workers there are very interesting. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we have to do re work and it gives you a little break.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
short breaks
productive and fun workplace
Any (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAAugust 8, 2016
the company was exceptional. it has probably been the best working experience ever. I cannot stress enough how much of a wonderfull experience I had working there.
Pros
continuous breaks
Cons
insurance
Pilgrim's
Human Resources Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Guntersville, ALAugust 9, 2016
Great place to work. Pilgrim's has always treated me fairly and with respect. I have traveled all over with the company and learned so much from being an employee here.
Pros
travel
Cons
unsafe at times
residential wiring
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 3, 2016
Wiring new houses, Learned a lot of my minor electrical there. Management was not the best. Co-workers was ok but I worked on a 2 person crew so didn't work with most. Nothing really hard and just enjoyed the trade.
Horrible work place
worked just about everything at the hatchery (Former Employee) –  Cohutta, GAOctober 26, 2015
Management does nothing, but take advantage of every worker they have. Unless you've been there for years you might actually know how to get around being treated so bad! Other co workers just take advantage of everyone since management does not care about no one. You can hurt yourself and they don't care they just want you to keep working. Very racist environment, so much work for not even close to a reasonable pay! Only way you could understand any of this is working there! Do not recommend this place to no one!
Pros
pros? For this place? None!
Cons
Everything!
whats the main problem!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJuly 15, 2016
the point system needs to be abolished, also whats up with you can only work there 2 times. its stupid. I do not have anything else to say.
Pros
Cons
everything
would not reccomend
Deboner (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAAugust 30, 2016
the staff is rude, they talk badly to the employees, the work environment is not sanitary, it was hands down the worse job i have had.
General
Orientation Trainer/HR Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCJune 26, 2016
Work in general is okay. I really love working with people. Management doesn't support their managers in any way; this is the reason I am looking for work.
If you work 2md shift, you have no support.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Waco TexasApril 16, 2016
Top mangement wants all things done. With equipment that is wore out.. Days don't run anything and 2nd shift has to run wide open and untill 4:00am , no live on 2nd.
Steady money is the positive. There is a lot of mangement that is there should be gone. No training
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
No out side life
productive and great food
Live Hanger (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJune 16, 2016
pilgrims is a great work place with friendly supervisors and staffing. The pay is better than most jobs and better chances to move up in the company.
Pros
deli in the inside
very productive workplace
Process Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Moorefield, WVJanuary 25, 2016
you meet many nice people and form friendships. you also have opportunities to better employment status, they also have health benifits
same as first summary
Engineering and Environmental (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg TxMay 3, 2016
Typical Day
I learned alot of different areas of Pilgrim's
co-workers always nice and helpful
the hardest part nothing really
i enjoyed all my jobs at pilgrims
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
Laid Off
Bullies
Hourly employee (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 11, 2015
Upper management & corporate position holders exhibit poor management skills. The culture of the company does not appreciate its team members nor promote a positive work environment. A high-stress environment that bullies and threatens in an attempt to get desired productivity results.
Cons
High stress, low morale, disrespectful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilgrim's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7