Pilgrim Pride

Pilgrim Pride United States Employee Reviews

Very interesting place to work with all types of people
Chill Packer (Former Employee), Live Oak FloridaApril 17, 2015
Pros: Good pay, big enviroment, great benefits
Cons: short breaks, bids, distance, hours.
I really enjoyed working here. The pay was great. It was most definitely an experience. I loved the environment and my fellow co- workers. It taught me speed and how the chicken I eat is actually processed. The part I did not like about the job is, there is a lot of favoritism. They will not try and work with you. I had to leave this job due to the hours and they would not place me on first shift. I needed to be on first shift due to being a single mother. I would most definitely go back if it would work out with my kids schedule.
DONT WORK HERE
Quality assurance tech (Current Employee), Nacogdoches, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: un organize low pay
NEED BETTER MANAGEMENT ITS NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU KNOW ITS WHO YOU KNOW. AND WHEN YOU COME TO WORK NOBODY KNOW WHATS GOING ON. and they let anyone in management
GOOD PLACE TO START
THIGH DEBONE MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXMarch 9, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours, overtime with no notice.
PILGRIMS WAS A GOOD PLACE TO START, BUT IT HAS A VERY HIGH TURN OVER RATE, PAY RAISES ARE NOT THE NORMAL.
YOU WOULD HAVE TO STAY FOR OVERTIME WITH NO NOTICE SOMETIMES UP TO 16 HOURS IN A DAY.
HARD WORKER
Production Operator (Current Employee), Sumter, SCMarch 1, 2015
WORKING ON A ASSEMBLY IS VERY HARD AT FIRST. ONCE YOU GET USE TO THE SPEED THE JOB GETS MUCH BETTER AND BETTER. YOU HAVE LOTS OF COWORKERS WILLING TO HELP YOU ALONG THE WAY
A very friendly place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Athens, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: i was paid weekly
Cons: freezing temps
The area where I worked in the company was very cold. You have to be very hardworking to work there. The company was very huge. It so many jobs going on in the company. Each job has it own supervisor. He is responsible for keeping his lines in order and maintaining each workers' job. Overall the job made me a lot of money and I got to meet so many people while working for this company.
not a good company to work for
Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee), Marshville, NCFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: you get a little pay check
Cons: don't get any respect
The product (chicken) out the door is more important than any need the employee has. Working here is your family the company that is the way they look at it. You belong to the company to do with as they please. One of the worse places to work.
Pilgrim Pride
debone (Former Employee), ARJanuary 13, 2015
A day at pilgrim pride was something to looked foreward you learned something everyday I learned that theres never a dull moment and that getting tired is a no no, the management was ok its just like all jobs there is some good managers and some bad, the co workers always made your day everyday someway are some how, hardest part of the job is sitting in the cold all night, the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and making new friends.
assembily worker
Assemibly Line Operator (Former Employee), lufin txNovember 5, 2014
Pros: good benfits
Cons: low pay
just a job to survive with everyday living I did learn how to manage people and how a chicken plant works
good productive place to work with benefits
D-Bone (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXOctober 29, 2014
Pros: paid hollidays
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at pilgrims pride one day at pilgrims pride the drawing lines were replaced and the lines kept breaking down.Due to the lines breaking down all day we had to work on a Saturday wich was no ploblem and had mantience taken their time to put the lines in correctly without rushing the lines may have ran better.I learned that how can u perform your job if someone else dosent peform theirs correctly.I would say the hardest part of the job was when u have to perform your job and others jobs to.The most enjoyable part of the job to me was learning new jobs around the plant.
line worker
Line Supervisor (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 22, 2014
Pros: chicken sale
Cons: you gotta work in freezing tempatures.
we would have to suit up 1st before entering the building. I learned to stay warm.
DIFFERNET
Packer (Former Employee), Live Oak, FLOctober 3, 2014
IT WAS A JOB THAT I HAD TO GET USE TO..BUT OVER ALL I ENJOYED MY TIME THERE.I LEARN HOW TO PUSH MYSELF HARDER
Exceptional Employer
Management Trainee/Rotational Laborer (Former Employee), Carrollton, GAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: very cold place
I really enjoyed this work place.. very productive and serious and yet I was excellent
general laborer
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee), Live Oak, FLSeptember 30, 2014
This position allowed me to develop sanitation and chemical-basing skills.
It was a good place to work and fun also fast pace
Cutting Wings (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: not alot work on weekends, move you to different parts of the plant, and you learn more than one job to do
Cons: threw the week the breaks was only 5 to 10 mins because we stayed so busy
Everyday at work it very cold simple because you had to keep the dead chickens fresh where we could cut off there wings and sometimes there head and they would go down the line to be package and go somewhere else in the plant and i learned to be a quick learner and also adjust on different types of jobs they had me doing threw out the day and my co workers was always friendly and joking around the hardest part of the job was the cold each day i went to work had to adjust to the climate but the fun thing about it was a hour lunch break and also meeting new people
productive
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 8, 2014
it was a very productive job, but the business close down. So I had to look for other employment
It was a nice place to work.
Maintenance Technician and Supply (Former Employee), Natchitoches, LASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: all staff memebers got a free turkey for the holidays
Cons: long breaks
I have to say I learn a lot from working for this company for 23yrs.
packer
packer (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXAugust 27, 2014
very easy job
cool place too work loved getting paid every friday
Love working with my hands and team member as maintenance technicain
Maintenance technician (Current Employee), Sumter, SCJuly 30, 2014
Pros: is doing a job you really love
Cons: doing a job you like and feel like your working hard for nothing.
A typical work night working at Pilgrim Pride really hoping everything are running find when we arrive at work. Fist thing we have a meeting and get a briefing on work need to be done.
Somethings I learn in maintenance is that preventive maintenance can keep machine from breaking down.
When working as a maintenance technician a lot of things can go wrong and having you co work to help you out can get machine up and running quickly.
The hard is part of the job is not finish a job on time.
The most enjoyable part of a job is finishing a new project ahead of time.
Unsanitary working conditions
LABORER (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXApril 6, 2014
Pilgrim Pride dealt in chicken processing, which made for very unsanitary working conditions. It was hard labor, with long hours.
fast and cold
floorman (Former Employee), Guntersville, ALMarch 16, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: saftey
Hard days of work.loud and busy.alot of people and expirence.

1 2 3

About Pilgrim Pride

Pilgrim's Pride Corporation is a producer of poultry in the United States, Mexico and Puerto Rico. In the United States, the Company – Read more

Pilgrim Pride Salaries