Pilgrims Pride

Pilgrims Pride Employee Reviews

Very good work enviorment.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Sumter, SCMay 14, 2015
During my time at Pilgrims, I found it to be a very pleasurable learning experience. While working there I learned to properly use my work utensil without damaging my hands. I met a lot of people and built a lot of new friendships.
Sheet pulling
Floor Hand (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, TXApril 28, 2015
I learned how to use the forklift, press sheer, overhead crane and other skills involving packing materials for shipping. fast paced work place, allowed me to gain a lot of experience in a short amount of time.
xfgasdsdafdsaf
Laborer (Former Employee), Moorefield, WVApril 27, 2015
Catching Chickens and placing them in cages
Loading and unloading empty and full cages to and from trucks
Vaccinate chickens on occassion
Work environment from heat to cold depending on season.
Job is physically demanding and involves standing and crouching
Fast paced job
Just dont.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Moorefield, WVApril 25, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
Poor pay, treat you horribly, no exactly the smartest management, very poor time management......the list goes on forever. Just not a good place to work.
Harsh working environment
Laborer/Thigh Deboner (Former Employee), Live Oak, FLApril 24, 2015
Pros: Always offered overtime
Cons: Very cold and not much room for advancement
It was an average paying job with added risk from the factory floors and intense cold. You always worked the same shift start but may work 8 hours a day or 13. It depended on what the quota was for that day.
production
cutter (Former Employee), Athens, GAApril 23, 2015
its crazy you mostly do what ever it takes to get the hard labor of work. other than that it was a great place to work, the management was great I had the best one there. they make sure everything is working and everything is done on time. my co-workers were cool if you did not know what to do they showed you how to do it. the hardest part about my job was cutting the wings of the chicken but I got it done. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting done way before its time to go
Unfair
Supervisor (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, TXApril 20, 2015
The upper management does not have a care for the people. Things are not done by the company rules and policies. I was terminated for an unjustified reason and suspended for three days without a warning.
hard work but amazing
Line Leader (Former Employee), Live Oak, FLApril 18, 2015
Pros: two 30 min breaks in 8 hours
Cons: none
very fast pace i love that a job should always keep you going
I feel as if the faster and harder i work the more accomplishment i get out of it. I loved helping new people learn things training them on scales and computers my co workers were great and it was a wonderful environment
productive place of business
Package/Grader (Former Employee), Sanford, NCApril 17, 2015
Pros: healthcare, medicare
Cons: short breaks and unlimited chicken
Big place, learned lot about chicken, mangement is ok, co workers like to joke to get day going by fast,when chicken is everywhere, when chicken go on sale
poor management and poorly ran facility
Prepared Foods Team Member (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant, TXApril 15, 2015
Pros: the pay is good once you make it past your 60 day probation
Cons: there is only one 30 min break out of 8-12 hour shift, management is often unprofessional and uncaring and slow at solving problems and issues
poor management and poorly ran facility, there is nothing enjoyable about this place and most co workers are unhappy with their job and work condition. Management and Human Resources take an unusual long time to answer questions or help employees with issues/conflicts further more i think it should be illegal to have only one 30 min break out of a 8-12 shift and employees cannot enjoy home family time because they never kno what time their shift is over
Its ok
Production Worker (Former Employee), Carrollton, GAApril 9, 2015
Its a ok place to work got some fun people there. The hardest thing is the cold but this palce is not where i want to be the rest of my life.
great prcoessing plant
QA Manager (Former Employee), Douglas, GAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: great cater company with hot food at all times
Cons: breaks are fast timing, nurse always in office to see about employers
a night at work third shift working with five team worker, very high speed of work to keep you busy, friendly and respectful supervisor, when you talk less more work you have done. I love the company and people and pay.
A great place to get started
HR Supervisor (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 28, 2015
I have enjoyed my experiences there. I would like to have the opportunity to work in different HR enviroments. I feel as though my time there has prepared me for that.
Productive.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Cold environment
I stuffed the heart, liver, neck, and gizzards into the raw, whole chicken (better known as whole bird grade) to prepare for packaging and shipping to local stores around.
Great benefits
Wing Cutter (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMarch 12, 2015
Pros: worked day shift
Cons: short breaks
Great benefits, but I could not get the shift I needed. I learned how to cut the wings off the chicken without cutting the bone in 1 week. Most people take about 3 weeks. I work well with my co-workers because I have a great personality. My supervisor was very nice to everyone and everyone liked working for him. The hardest part about my job was overtime. Sometimes I could work over sometimes I would need to leave to be home with my children, because my husband works nights.
steady work
Custodial Worker (Former Employee), Elberton, GAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: steady work
Cons: hard to advance.
start the day by cleaning up what 3rd shift left unfinished before starting our work.learned a lot of safety,haccp(hazard analysis critical control points-a food safety program.)Management kept us up to date on safety training and pit(powered industrial truck-forklift pallet jack,and other certifications. hardest part of the job was trying to advance.most enjoyable part was working almost every day.
Its poultry
Production/Operating Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: alot of hours
oversee orders being run, employee safety, and quality of product. I have learned how to be an effective supervisor, kronos, and implemented many new ideas. The best part of the job is the people I worked with.
productive
rehang (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: food trucks
Cons: healthcare and other great benefits
got my work done everyday worked hard and fast with the job I was giving. the management done they're jobs well. the must enjoyable part of the job I was learning something new that I easily adopted to.
Not a Great Place.
Quality Assurance Inspector / Trash Labor (Current Employee), Elberton, GAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: close to home, pay ok.
Cons: not a safe work place.
This Company has to many Issues with not Cleaning and being safe with the Meat they handled. I had numerous Managers in the past 6 1/2 yrs. They just do not take Pride in their Employees or their Company.
Production
Production worker (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, TXJanuary 23, 2015
I loved working over at pilgrims. I wanted to keep this job but I was faced with an obstacle and I had my second child, which left me with not enough child care. I liked the job and the pay. We had a lot of benefits and i just liked the work. I was moving up in the plant and I have had a good job experience. I would work the second shift and I loved that as well.

1 2 3 4 5