PILGRIMS PRIDE

PILGRIMS PRIDE Employer Reviews

Great benefits
Wing Cutter (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMarch 12, 2015
Pros: worked day shift
Cons: short breaks
Great benefits, but I could not get the shift I needed. I learned how to cut the wings off the chicken without cutting the bone in 1 week. Most people take about 3 weeks. I work well with my co-workers because I have a great personality. My supervisor was very nice to everyone and everyone liked working for him. The hardest part about my job was overtime. Sometimes I could work over sometimes I would need to leave to be home with my children, because my husband works nights.
steady work
Custodial Worker (Former Employee), Elberton, GAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: steady work
Cons: hard to advance.
start the day by cleaning up what 3rd shift left unfinished before starting our work.learned a lot of safety,haccp(hazard analysis critical control points-a food safety program.)Management kept us up to date on safety training and pit(powered industrial truck-forklift pallet jack,and other certifications. hardest part of the job was trying to advance.most enjoyable part was working almost every day.
Its poultry
Production/Operating Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: alot of hours
oversee orders being run, employee safety, and quality of product. I have learned how to be an effective supervisor, kronos, and implemented many new ideas. The best part of the job is the people I worked with.
productive
rehang (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: food trucks
Cons: healthcare and other great benefits
got my work done everyday worked hard and fast with the job I was giving. the management done they're jobs well. the must enjoyable part of the job I was learning something new that I easily adopted to.
Not a Great Place.
Quality Assurance Inspector / Trash Labor (Current Employee), Elberton, GAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: close to home, pay ok.
Cons: not a safe work place.
This Company has to many Issues with not Cleaning and being safe with the Meat they handled. I had numerous Managers in the past 6 1/2 yrs. They just do not take Pride in their Employees or their Company.
Production
Production worker (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, TXJanuary 23, 2015
I loved working over at pilgrims. I wanted to keep this job but I was faced with an obstacle and I had my second child, which left me with not enough child care. I liked the job and the pay. We had a lot of benefits and i just liked the work. I was moving up in the plant and I have had a good job experience. I would work the second shift and I loved that as well.
Was ok to work at
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee), Athens, ALJanuary 23, 2015
Came in every morning to check Marinade and box levels reorder if needed. Unloaded trucks and Received the material into the computer.
Productive work place with lots of Opportunity
Pilgrim's Pride Internship (Former Employee), Sanford, NCJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: finish work early at 3pm
Cons: fast paced environment and solutions needed quickly
Pilgrim's Pride is a fast paced working environment with many great managers to help mentor you. It is a challenging environment that offers great opportunity for process evaluation and increasing product yield.
Multicultural, interesting, enjoyable
Fan Operater (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: everyone is friendly and treats you like family
Cons: long days and low pay
There is no one race hierarchy, everyone is treated as equals and no one person is shown favoritism. There are many a character's and there is absolutely never a dull moment.
Easy job with good pay but nonunderstanding employers
Sanitation (Former Employee), Live Oak, FLDecember 28, 2014
i like working there it was fun and great pay and people. I got sick one week and turned in doctors notes but the ignored them and made me unexcused absence and i was terminated.
Great co-workers/Bad management
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Athens, GADecember 2, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: bad management
The job it's self very workable fast pace environment.Co-workers are great friendly and help full.Supervisors and managers show favorites especially to the women both position are mostly men.
Quality Assurance Supervisor
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee), Sumter, SCNovember 23, 2014
Pros: the work itself and the people and the satisfaction of work completion.
Cons: working seven days week.
Supervised 13 employees and the start up of plant for poultry processing. I further learned the processing of poultry the guidelines, the rules and regulations of the government and plant procedures, law and requirements to comply. Controlled all aspects of the company paperwork storing and recall procedures for the plant and the Government inspection. Responsible for written procedures and the execution of those procedures in the process.Also responsible for 1st shift and the start up of 2nd shift in the absent of that supervisor and successfully managed the shift in the absent of the manager. Allowed the opportunity to travel to ensure the correct staging and receiving of product from the plant. The hardest part of the job was finding a way to teach employees to co-operate in working together to achieve a natural processing attitude.
The most enjoyable part was actually witnessing the results of that training and teaching unfold into a productive transition.
DECENT JOB
ROOF CREW/TOOL ROOM ATTENDENT (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, TXNovember 20, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: constanty getting new managers almost on a weekly basis
PILGRIMS WAS AN OK PLACE TO WORK FOR. THE MAIN THING I LEARNED FROM WORKING THERE WAS THAT YOU ALWAYS WERE EXPECTED TO GIVE YOUR BEST.
job was fun
material mover (Current Employee), Ellijay, GANovember 18, 2014
Pros: got discounts on chicken by the case
Cons: have benefits but not enough pay to get
the job had fun doing different tasks and loading trucks. co-workers were great they helped a lot with questions and answers the manager was great he worked with you and done what he could to help. loading wasn't hard neither was straightening the coolers it was fun being here
my typicle day at waynefarms is pleasent
deboner (Former Employee), Enterprise, ALNovember 9, 2014
I really enjoy working at waynefarms. my typical day at work starts with preopp .were the importance of lockout tag out is very important.inspecting different parts of the plant before they start running,people skills are very important all throughout my day, after preopp I start my day in my department . were I do checks on the product and during doing this keep up the importance of sanitary conditions throughout the plant not just my department.again people skills are important, we need to work as a team.
productive
Debone (Former Employee), Guntersville, ALNovember 8, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: short breaks and no bathroom breaks
Working a fast pace environment. Hardest part of the job is moving fast and being cold
ITS A JOB
BACK UP VENT CUTTER (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 8, 2014
WORK DAY GOES BY RATHER QUICKLY DUE TO ME WORKING 3RD SHIFT. I'VE LEARNED A LOT ABOUT POLTURY.THE MANAGEMENT HAS A LOT TO WORK ON AND LEARN HOW TO TALK TO OTHERS. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART IS THE PAY.
Well productive work enviornment
Cone Line Laborer (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXNovember 7, 2014
Pros: meals offered at the cafeteria
Cons: having to make the choice of following with the union
A typical day at this place was coming in dressed of the required clothing and maintaing clealiness throughout the shift while following FDA requirements. The workplace is very clean.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you go to do your grocery shopping and buy chicken, you know you were the one involved in the process.
High energy, consecutive motions, teaches entrepenuership
Line Attendent (Former Employee), Athens, GAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: expensive cafe meals, unstable work hours
A typical day at work involved me either on the line for 8 to 12 hours or walking paces between lines 2 and 11. I learned about the process the chicken I love to consume goes through on a daily basis. Supervisors walk the floors not so occasionally but still manage to help out workers by taking on any extra duties that are not getting done due to short staffing that particular day.
Productive and safe workplace
Jack Driver, Backup Utility (Former Employee), Guntersville, ALOctober 24, 2014
Typical day at work would be setting up the department everyday and cleaning up the department at the emd of shift. I learned how to operate a pallet jack, how to lead a department. management was strict but also very dependable. Co-Workers always worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was the temperature of the plant. The most enjoyable part was being cross trained so I knew how to do anything possible in the departments.

1 2 3 4 5