Pilkington North America

Pilkington North America Employer Reviews

Great job
Delivery Driver / Warehouse duties (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 30, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment, pay decent great management
Job is very easy and team work is always in play, Have no complaints can say about this job
Great people
shipping/ receiving (Current Employee), Lathrop, CAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great pay, good breaks
Cons: closing the doors
Managers and union work together..everyone is treated equally...Most of us followed our family into the company and sad to see doors closing...There was no hard work and I enjoyed working with great people..wouldn't change the last 16 years...learned a lot of different jobs in different areas..
Fast paced and hectic environment
Lead person (Former Employee), Pasco, WA.January 20, 2014
A typical day at work was busy and hectic, I liked that. Learned how to operate forklifts and order pickers. How to interact with customers. Too much interference from upper management. Enjoyed my co-workers. Hardest part was keeping my head above water with a constantly understaffed crew. Most enjoyed the fast pace, time went quick.
Plant is closing
Warehouse worker (Current Employee), Lathrop, CADecember 27, 2013
Pros: good pay. 3 breaks per shift.
Cons: closing its doors
Was a great job. Co-workers are like family. Too bad we are closing down :(

California air standards are forcing Lathrop to either invest $10 million for pollution controls or close down. 100+ workers are losing their jobs. Way to go California!!!

Plus, NSG needs to sell Lathrop to help pay for their massive $200 million fines for price fixing in – more... Europe. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 2, 2013
I specifically love the people here at Pilkington; they make the hard days worth it! Also, working for a major competitor in the glass industry is great. I've enjoyed growing as an employee in a business with such a great reputation..
Daily procedures with customer service
Customer Service/Warehouse (Former Employee), Richardson, TXNovember 9, 2013
Pros: friendly customers - no micromanagers
Cons: lack of in house management or resources
Providing customer with needs
. Stocking warehouse
. Filing invoices & reports daily
. Opening & Closing offic
Nice Company
Assembler/Material Handler/Team Lead (Former Employee), Rossford, OHNovember 7, 2013
Pros: great benefit and 401k package
Cons: too unsteady with work within the year
This company is good to work for if you are not fully reliant on the hours worked. They have good seasons of business and then they seasons where you are laid off.
Loved my customer that is what made my job great.
Customer Service / Account Representive (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: incentives and great people you got to work with.
Cons: no job advancement or regular pay raises.
I did customer service, I took orders via the phone and customer's coming in.

I did billing, data entry, accounts receivable, accounts payable and once a month inventory.

My co-workers were great to work with we all worked together as a team and got our jobs done.

The best part of my jobs were my customers, I always enjoyed speaking with them on – more... a daily basis and seeing them also. – less
Great Job and Great Enviroment
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAJuly 1, 2013
A day could consist of many things ranging from pulling orders to be shipped out all the way to Talking with customers about their account. I learned to be very understanding and also to be firm when necessary.
Great employees, poor management
Team Coordinator (Former Employee), Shelbyville, INMay 27, 2013
Pros: many days off with the rotating 12 hour shift, 24 hour continuous operation.
Cons: extremely unorganized
Everyday is a cluster _#*^?. Very poor scheduling. Old machinery, attempting state-of-the-art technology. Difficult to get things repaired. Technical spots filled by senority, not skill. Awesome co-workers!
Not much for following SOP
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 15, 2013
Pros: 40 hours a week
Cons: management seemed shady.
I made a mistake with the safety rules, I did not get hurt and nobody else did either. Instead of talking to me at the time of the mistake, I get to work in the morning, and I was already reported to HR. Usually most places would take the 3 strikes your out approach, not PILKINGTON. I work all day long worried about wether I still have a job or not, – more... well long story short, instead of handling the situation in house and do verbal or written counseling, I get to work today and I was not even allowed to clock in. Get in the office, and the boss said where is your key, and sent me on my way. Shady management if you ask me, and the work/home was not too bad, the pay could have been better, and I also saw no way to advance in this company. – less
Very good Atmosphere
CSR (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2013
Pros: easy and routine things to do.
Cons: low rate pay to start.
This is a good place to work, the company has good benefits and culture is great, I recomment this company as enjoyable place to work.
Productive company with hardworking, friendly people.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Lathrop, CAFebruary 10, 2013
I would show up early and socialize with fellow co workers. I learned alot of things on a daily basis working with different individuals often. Everyone was willing to show you how to do the job more efficiently. The most enjoyable part of the job was being surrounded by friendly, hardworking people.
A great, great company that cares about its employees and really promotes a safe work atmosphere.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 4, 2013
Pilkington is a great company to work for! This company has tuition reimbursement, a great 401K package, minimal travel, and sells a great OEM quality product. Although, the pros definitely outweigh the cons at Pilkington, I have decided to search for a career based out of San Antonio, Texas. There are plenty of opportunities to move around within Pilkington, – more... around not only the nation, but the globe! However; I have reached my absolute potential within the Texas region with Pilkington, a career advancement for me at this point would mean leaving the state (which I am not at a point where I am ready nor able to do so at the moment). Please feel free to call, email or message me if you have any questions!

- Isaak – less
Glass manufacturer
Bath/Lehr Operator (Former Employee), Rossford ohioFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits, union shop
Cons: rotating swing shift
Worked 7 years at this employer. Good benefits and wages, but the shift schedule is horrible. Their is no balance between home and work, there is only work.
Very well ran Global company, plenty of opportunity, up to date electronically.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: great solid company
Cons: too much managing up, not enough management at ground level.
A typical day at work; review sales activities for the day, prioritize outside sales calls based on meeting budget goals. Address any customer concerns, process customer orders. Out in the field making sales calls the rest of the day
A well established and well organized company.
electrician/maintenance (Former Employee), Rossford, OHDecember 27, 2012
Pros: excellemt work envirmoent, good pay and relitively good benifits
Cons: dusty. sometimes hostile fellow workers in the changing work requirements.
A typical day at work consisted with a morning meeting to go over the daily jobs list and to hand out the list of pms . radio communication meant we were able to be dispatched to a task very quickly. At the end of the day we would enter a detailed history into the system and have the availability to trend failures.
Communication between management and – more... the employees was excellent in most cases, the parts availability was between good to excellent. The procedures were well thought out and the training plans were excellent.
There was little to complain about management,
The Co workers had some issues with changing work requirements and had little consideration for the changing requirements on the company.
The hardest part of the job was leaving it. Good work environment and planning helped me to really enjoy working there.
Getting to be trained on the latest technology and feeling like our input really mattered – less
Pilkington/ NSG group, has been an exciting and wonderful work family.
QUALITY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Niles, MIAugust 19, 2012
Pros: tuition reimbursement, 401k, healthy living
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
A typical day at pilkington is very busy, yet challenging. I have learned that communication is vital for a successful business day. Management have to be very supportive, yet firm. My co-workers are just like family, we work togeather daily and do what ever we have to do to get the job done efficiently. The hardest part of my job is balancing quality, – more... speed, and also time. The most enjoyable part of the job, is the finish product, and also bringing finances into the business. – less
good company
machine maintenance (Current Employee), Niles, MIAugust 7, 2012
Pilkington is a stable company to work for. They maintained well through out the downturn in the economy and continue to grow. benefits are decent compared to other factories. Management sometimes seems short-sighted when is comes to lower level empolyees. There are a few issues that are not dealt with fairly, and he who yells louder tend to win, whether – more... they are right or wrong. – less