Pilkington Employee Reviews

Amazing Boss, wished I had more benefits
Driver (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 24, 2017
This work place was a amazing experience to work at, only bad thing is I worked part time and I wasn't able to get health benefits, dental, nor life insurance.
Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Rossford, OHOctober 16, 2017
Good jobs and great staff, career advancement, and a friendly fast paced working place, Safe place to work and met all safe standards in the work areas.
Driving and delivering
Driver (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 9, 2017
Driving and delivering auto glass to different companies and residential locations
Learned different routs and locations around the metroplex
Management was always helpful and supportive
A great learning experience with glass.
Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Laurinburg, NC 28352August 24, 2017
A typical work day is all depending on how everything is running. The float and the shipping usually base on how the work day is. Some days you can go in and have a fairly easy day. Other days it can be very stressful keeping up with everything. The plant is based on temperatures outside. So if it's hot outside it's going to be hot in the plant and same with the cold. It is a good learning experience and also a dangerous place to work because you are dealing with raw glass and large weights of it.
Pros
Benefits, good pay
Cons
Heat and cold
general
Licensed fork truck driver (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INAugust 6, 2017
Working there was ok some time lack of managemenat over sight created conflict between the line employees.The heat in the summer was trying at times but the company done what it could to help us out
Pros
easy work
Cons
to hot in summer
Unless you are going nowhere in life.....
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 21, 2017
Unless you are going nowhere in life, stay away from Pilkington. Unless you enjoy a trashy lifestyle, stay away from Pilkington. Unless you are in the glass business, stay away from Pilkington.
Productive an ok place to work.
Cell lead, Operator (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMay 9, 2017
It's a good place just needs good supervisors that don't pick favorites and are rude to other people . The over time is good too. You get 4 hours of overtime.
pilkington
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHMarch 20, 2017
it was a good job. my biggest fear I wood say is I was able to get ride of my fear of hieghts. I really liked working there because of some of the advance training.
Very unsteady workplace
Finishing Technician (Former Employee) –  Versailles, KYJanuary 22, 2017
Assignments were not clear, co workers were great, however management was really bad. Had to start thru a temp service that was never on site and didn't know how to answer common questions such as who my superviser was, etc.
Pros
Cons
No perks what so ever
Pilkington
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIJanuary 3, 2017
A typical day at pilkington was working in an assigned cell and working on the line. Loading, trimming, Priming, and inspecting. What I have learned from pilkington was how to work as a team and have leadership skills. My co-workers were fun to work with. We all had are different jobs we knew how to do. The hardest part of my job would have to be different things.One would be the over time 4 pm- 4 am 5 days a week and had to work Saturdays. most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
Work Schedule is impossible to live by and hindered me severely
Packer (Former Employee) –  Rossford, OHOctober 1, 2016
Not the work place for me, the people I worked directly with enjoyed working with me, however, the schedule just doesn't work with almost any aspect of anyones life, and I truly don't understand the thought process that went behind it.
Pros
Not a difficult job, enjoyed the people
Cons
Work hours were insane, only job i've ever heard of with this schedule
Good company with a great history and promising future
IS Regional Leader - North America (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 3, 2016
The people are the best part. The non-manufacturing jobs are being consolidated and moved out of the U.S. so it is difficult for new people to see advancement opportunities.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIMay 26, 2016
Typical day at work , was coming in at 4 , I work in a cell with about 11 people so we would rotate every two hours so you want so the samething over and over again.
Pros
all breaks where paid for.
Cons
kinda hot
Your stable workplace
Racker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTMay 11, 2016
A typical day at job is not usually hectic. You can manage to get things done most of the time. You learn how to work at a steady pace. You also learn how to interact with co-workers. My hardest part of my job is none.
Pros
Right wages. Good benefits. People are mostly nice to you.
Cons
I didn't find yet.
Company worked with the employees.
Material Clerk (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIApril 4, 2016
Good place to work. Management treated employees well. Company offered to pay for you to go to college. Learned a lot about shippimg and receiving. Enjoyed working with the other employees,
Pros
Alot of advancement
Excellent working atmosphere and we all had fun and got things done at the same time.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 18, 2016
I left Pilkington after almost 18 years of service. I worked in the call center as a Customer Service Representative, The company decided that they were going to condense the call centers across the country and unfortunately Indianapolis was on the list. I decided to go back to school for Information Technology. I attended Mycomputercareer and have obtained 5 certifications and can obtain 5 more for free if I choose. I graduated in November and am looking to get into the IT industry.
Pros
Loved the employees I worked with.
Cons
Losing my position eventually so I was proactive and went back to school.
assembly
Machine Operator/Technician (Former Employee) –  Rossford, OHJanuary 1, 2016
I like working on the drill and cutting line. That is all. I liked my first week of training on the job. That is all I can think of.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
great work place
STOCK CLERK (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHOctober 30, 2015
it was a automotive glass wear house i laced simi truck windows and have glue clips on for the cars and put molde around the,windows and pick and pack
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
healthcare
co workers are awesome
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIOctober 26, 2015
co-workers are awesome, management is horrible. they don't care about no one but themselves. They will walk by you and not even acknowledge you. I think with you being an upper management you should speak to all your employees all the time. The point system is horrible.
Cons
way to short of a break
friendly enviroment
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 29, 2015
good place to work but no room for growth i was a driver but could not move up in the company and it was frustrating that i was going no where
Pros
cool people
Cons
no growth