Pilkington Employee Reviews

Work Schedule is impossible to live by and hindered me severely
Packer (Former Employee) –  Rossford, OHOctober 1, 2016
Not the work place for me, the people I worked directly with enjoyed working with me, however, the schedule just doesn't work with almost any aspect of anyones life, and I truly don't understand the thought process that went behind it.
Pros
Not a difficult job, enjoyed the people
Cons
Work hours were insane, only job i've ever heard of with this schedule
Good company with a great history and promising future
IS Regional Leader - North America (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 3, 2016
The people are the best part. The non-manufacturing jobs are being consolidated and moved out of the U.S. so it is difficult for new people to see advancement opportunities.
Your stable workplace
Racker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTMay 11, 2016
A typical day at job is not usually hectic. You can manage to get things done most of the time. You learn how to work at a steady pace. You also learn how to interact with co-workers. My hardest part of my job is none.
Pros
Right wages. Good benefits. People are mostly nice to you.
Cons
I didn't find yet.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIMay 26, 2016
Typical day at work , was coming in at 4 , I work in a cell with about 11 people so we would rotate every two hours so you want so the samething over and over again.
Pros
all breaks where paid for.
Cons
kinda hot
Excellent working atmosphere and we all had fun and got things done at the same time.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 18, 2016
I left Pilkington after almost 18 years of service. I worked in the call center as a Customer Service Representative, The company decided that they were going to condense the call centers across the country and unfortunately Indianapolis was on the list. I decided to go back to school for Information Technology. I attended Mycomputercareer and have obtained 5 certifications and can obtain 5 more for free if I choose. I graduated in November and am looking to get into the IT industry.
Pros
Loved the employees I worked with.
Cons
Losing my position eventually so I was proactive and went back to school.
Company worked with the employees.
Material Clerk (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIApril 4, 2016
Good place to work. Management treated employees well. Company offered to pay for you to go to college. Learned a lot about shippimg and receiving. Enjoyed working with the other employees,
Pros
Alot of advancement
co workers are awesome
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIOctober 26, 2015
co-workers are awesome, management is horrible. they don't care about no one but themselves. They will walk by you and not even acknowledge you. I think with you being an upper management you should speak to all your employees all the time. The point system is horrible.
Cons
way to short of a break
Good Benifits.. Decent pay
back-up production (Former Employee) –  Niles, MISeptember 24, 2015
I loved my job there. Just didn't like the fact that they do not deal very well with helping people if they run into problems with other employees. Too many kids working there. They need to choose more wisely who they hire in. They hire anyone.
Pros
eh...
Cons
eh...
assembly
Machine Operator/Technician (Former Employee) –  Rossford, OHJanuary 1, 2016
I like working on the drill and cutting line. That is all. I liked my first week of training on the job. That is all I can think of.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
It was a really good place to work.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INApril 16, 2015
I learned how to run a robot which I had always wanted to do and I learned that I could do things I never thought I could.
A typical day at work was to run 8 different positions at the same time and to fix the machinery if it went down and to put out good glass.
Management was very friendly and helpful.
I got along good with the other co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was running the line by myself.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning, I had to learn each position and Quality.
Negative back stabbing environment.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIApril 18, 2015
I began at Pilkington thinking it would be a great experience to gain experience in an industrial trade. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Human Resources department did not take into account my superior management skills when placing me, and I was to find out later why. Management was already hard wired into people who were reluctant to grow from their position and even more reluctant to do the job that they had. I observed that this obstructive form of management began at the top and filtered down to the shift coordinators. Very hard lined people who refuse to do any more than is required of their job, if that. Less than helpful environment.
Pros
Shifts were only eight hours, benefits were nice
Cons
To numerous to list
Not a fun place to work
Spare Parts Specialist Buyer (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INApril 14, 2015
This company has very high turn over. They tell the customers they are doing one thing and then do another internally. I worked there for 3 years and there were 5 different plant managers. I had 5 different direct report managers in the same time frame. No stability.
Pros
flexiable with doctors appts. for salary workers
Cons
expect you to be available 24-7
Productive work environment with great job potential
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MIAugust 11, 2015
Kinda of a buisy place, with people always running around, but wages were decent and so were the people. Corners are almost never cut, and the company showed they really cared about the people they had employed.
great work place
STOCK CLERK (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHOctober 30, 2015
it was a automotive glass wear house i laced simi truck windows and have glue clips on for the cars and put molde around the,windows and pick and pack
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
healthcare
Great Company to work for. Wages are great. Benefits were good. It is sad that the Plant will close this year.
Glass Worker/Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Global Company but the plant In Lathrop Ca. had a small Company feel. Low turnover rate. Some parts of plant had a rotating schedule and others were straight shifts. Working with raw sheet glass could be dangerous at times but training and safety were a priority. It was a level playing field when It came down to shift workers verse the company. We were all there for same reason.
Pros
Great wages and Benifits for area. Union Plant, low turn over rate.
Cons
There was always a concern for plant closure
Steer clear of this company at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Valley View,OhioOctober 31, 2012
Originally loved working for this company. Upper management assigned new guy to Ind. - Ohio areas. Self serving individual with a NAPOLEON ATTITUDE ! Made everyone turn into a bunch of back stabbing ME people. Supervisors will tell you one thing and do another, and if it turns out to be wrong they will do there best to try and make it look like someone Else's fault. VERY poor leader ship which leads to VERY !!!! Bad morale. All management from top down has the mentality or lack there of, to yell at the ice burg when they should be manning the life boats.
Cons
bad people, bad atitudes, lack of character, no morale compass.
Productive and Safe company.
First Operator (Former Employee) –  Rossford, OHMay 18, 2012
Work was unpredictable some days good some days bad, but that's what made it exciting.

I learned how to operate machines handle all glass properly and drive a forklift.

Management in my department were great!

My Co-workers were really nice.

The hardest part was the beginning before I had any seniority it was all hard physical labor, but it was worth it in the end.

The best part of the job were the many vacation days and how active the company was with vacations and company activities.
Pros
holiday pay and gifts
Cons
some people didn't care about morals.
Fun at times
Auto Glass Company (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAMay 30, 2012
It was a pretty good job. A typical day at work started with me getting there and loading the van with my order of windshields that I would have to deliver that night. I have learned the different highways that you can take to get to certain parts of Georgia. The management was ok. My co-workers was ok at times. Alot of them had alot of attitudes. The hardest part of the job was something happening to the company van while im driving, or the supervisor not fixing the problem when I told him about the van. I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and getting off work early.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
have to work in bad weather
First Factory Position
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIJanuary 15, 2013
It's a fast environment that required consistency with every window while working as a team at a fast pace.I learned if you are in in sync as a team then you can not do your best. Due to my position being under the 90 days mark, I was not welcomed as much as I thought I would be. For my co-workers I was the new kid on the block, which meant some of them did not want to get to know because there was a chance I could be gone before the 90 days. It's something that happen in many teams. I enjoyed being able to work 1 st shift Monday through Friday at 40 hour.
Productive place to work. Good hours, and holidays off.
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIAugust 31, 2013
A typical day at work was starting up the press and putting out the best product possible.
I learned a lot about encapsulation and prodution work.
Management was good at getting answers when needed and taking care of issues that may have occured in a timely manner.
Co-workers were fun to work with and worked well as a team.
The hardest part of the job was the extreme heat in the summer months inside the factory.
Most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of having a great run, having hollidays and weekends off, and the hours.
Pros
Hollidays and weekends off. Catered lunches.
Cons
Short breaks, really hot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilkington. Our community is ready to answer.