Pilot Air Freight Employee Reviews

growing business...
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 19, 2017
small business growing rapidly...in my opinion too rapidly...employees are no longer treated like people...more like numbers..new management is new to this type of logistics
Pros
good people
Cons
no benefits
Family oriented
Outbound Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Pilot they taught me alot about teamwork. They taught me alot about teamwork and maximizes my time. Also a strong work place culture.
Pros
Strong Family oriented Business
Stern workplace
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Media, PAJuly 14, 2017
I really enjoyed working at the local branch but did not care for corporate headquarters. There is good job security but there are not many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Poor work/life balance
started out really good. I was hired on as intl manager and moved to District Manager. We (team) grew like crazy
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 14, 2017
Involves directing, developing and performing logistics management operations that involved planning, coordinating, or evaluating the logistical actions required to support a specified operational need. The work involves identifying the specific requirements correlating those requirements with program plans to assure that the needed support is provided at the right time and place. Position required some degree of specialized knowledge of some or all of the logistics involved. I was able to integrate separate functions in planning or implementing a logistics management program.
high volume phone calls was very intense
National Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lima, PANovember 3, 2016
holiday season seemed to bring in alot more phone volume - butkept the day busy.
on slower days it was hard to keep busy. The atmosphere was laid back, I went to work - sat at me desk, answered the phone all day and then once the shift ended my day was done.
Glad I'm gone
Dock Worker (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 18, 2016
A lawsuit waiting to happen. Worst company I've ever been associated with. Daily fear of intimidation or workplace violence.
Bad place
Dock Manager, Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 17, 2015
Bad place to work felt like I was back in High school, Had to be liked to fit in. When you work the dock on 2nd shift never got to go to events with other staff.
fast paced environment
Lead Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMarch 10, 2015
Pilot ships anything that fits in a truck & is legal. It's a fast paced environment that deals with everything from flat screen tv's to international freight.
driver/ops/dispatcher
Driver/Operator/dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 14, 2014
I played many roles in my 11-12 years there. overall I had a really good experience.The previous owners were in a word, incredible.
Overall the company is good
Forwarding Agent (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 17, 2014
The company isn't a bad company. I however had a bad experience with station management that practiced unethical and some illegal practices. This particular job keeps you busy at odd hours as you work to satisfy their needs. You have to be up to the challenge because of the nature of the business air freight cargo is typically needed at destination urgently or is of very high value. The most difficult part of the job is getting other people to have the sense of urgency needed for this demanding job.
Pros
Learned a lot about the freight industry
Cons
There wasn't much in the way of employee learning and growth programs.
Same review as previous Pilot summary
International logistics supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2014
Same review as previous Pilot Summary. Promoted outside of the box thinking to gain business opportunities with customer base
Pros
Same as previous Pilot Summary
Cons
Same as previous Pilot Summary
Very slow paced
Export Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, PAJune 17, 2014
I wasn't busy when I worked there like I always enjoy being. There were days where I would go in and sit there all day. The people were friendly and helpful.
The People are great
National Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lima, PAJune 2, 2014
This a national company but you feel like its relatively small. Nice people, helpful.
Pilot is a very organized and very busy office.
Custodian/Dock Hands (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 22, 2013
A day at work for me was very quiet, I was the custodian so I would be there after the typical work hours for the regular employees, but whenever I was needed to work on the dock or make phone calls, there would almost never be enough time to make every delivery. It was more because the time of day would be very late to make a call to a household, but there would always be work. I learned a lot about customer satisfaction in the few months I was there, Trying to fix an appointment for other individuals busy lives with a company who is constantly making deliveries as well as informing them of Pilot's policy on how the delivery is executed with the proper personnel and proper paperwork to be signed. My manager was very professional, she was clearly the head of the office and displayed the manager status: led by example, followed up on questions or projects, knew how everyone's job worked, and was firm yet fair. The hardest part of my job at the time was the hours, because I was a custodian I could only pull in a maximum of 6 hours a week. The most enjoyable part was the environment, the coworkers and different truck drivers who came into the office were all interesting and would come in with the biggest smile on their face.
Pros
experience, never ending amounts of work, great coworkers
Cons
lack of hours
Friendly Atmosphere
Long Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 28, 2012
Great places to work with a friendly atmosphere and co-workers who are willing to assist one another.
Great People, Great place (should have never left)
Operations Specialists/DOD Coordinator Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2012
Everyone was great I loved working for this company!!!!!!!!!
I should have never left, biggest mistake of my life, but it was for reasons beyond my control.
I think Pilot Air Freight (Pilot Freight Services) is one of the best
Freight companies to work for period.
Pros
cookouts, friday college gameday (go gators)
Cons
nothing bad to say
decent place to work, great pay and benefits
Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioJanuary 18, 2012
I enjoyed my time working for Pilot Air Freight, just like every job there were pros and cons but all in all, I enjoyed it