Pilot Air Freight Employee Reviews in United States

Glad I'm gone
Dock Worker (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 18, 2016
A lawsuit waiting to happen. Worst company I've ever been associated with. Daily fear of intimidation or workplace violence.
Bad place
Dock Manager, Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 17, 2015
Bad place to work felt like I was back in High school, Had to be liked to fit in. When you work the dock on 2nd shift never got to go to events with other staff.
driver/ops/dispatcher
Driver/Operator/dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 14, 2014
I played many roles in my 11-12 years there. overall I had a really good experience.The previous owners were in a word, incredible.
Overall the company is good
Forwarding Agent (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 17, 2014
The company isn't a bad company. I however had a bad experience with station management that practiced unethical and some illegal practices. This particular job keeps you busy at odd hours as you work to satisfy their needs. You have to be up to the challenge because of the nature of the business air freight cargo is typically needed at destination urgently or is of very high value. The most difficult part of the job is getting other people to have the sense of urgency needed for this demanding job.
Pros
learned a lot about the freight industry
Cons
there wasn't much in the way of employee learning and growth programs.
Same review as previous Pilot summary
International logistics supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2014
Same review as previous Pilot Summary. Promoted outside of the box thinking to gain business opportunities with customer base
Pros
same as previous pilot summary
Cons
same as previous pilot summary
Very slow paced
Export Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, PAJune 17, 2014
I wasn't busy when I worked there like I always enjoy being. There were days where I would go in and sit there all day. The people were friendly and helpful.
The People are great
National Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lima, PAJune 2, 2014
This a national company but you feel like its relatively small. Nice people, helpful.
Pilot is a very organized and very busy office.
Custodian/Dock Hands (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 22, 2013
A day at work for me was very quiet, I was the custodian so I would be there after the typical work hours for the regular employees, but whenever I was needed to work on the dock or make phone calls, there would almost never be enough time to make every delivery. It was more because the time of day would be very late to make a call to a household, but there would always be work. I learned a lot about customer satisfaction in the few months I was there, Trying to fix an appointment for other individuals busy lives with a company who is constantly making deliveries as well as informing them of Pilot's policy on how the delivery is executed with the proper personnel and proper paperwork to be signed. My manager was very professional, she was clearly the head of the office and displayed the manager status: led by example, followed up on questions or projects, knew how everyone's job worked, and was firm yet fair. The hardest part of my job at the time was the hours, because I was a custodian I could only pull in a maximum of 6 hours a week. The most enjoyable part was the environment, the coworkers and different truck drivers who came into the office were all interesting and would come in with the biggest smile on their face.
Pros
experience, never ending amounts of work, great coworkers
Cons
lack of hours
Friendly Atmosphere
Long Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 28, 2012
Great places to work with a friendly atmosphere and co-workers who are willing to assist one another.
Great People, Great place (should have never left)
Operations Specialists/DOD Coordinator Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2012
Everyone was great I loved working for this company!!!!!!!!!
I should have never left, biggest mistake of my life, but it was for reasons beyond my control.
I think Pilot Air Freight (Pilot Freight Services) is one of the best
Freight companies to work for period.
Pros
cookouts, friday college gameday (go gators)
Cons
nothing bad to say

Want to know more about Pilot Air Freight?

Ask a question
decent place to work, great pay and benefits
Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioJanuary 18, 2012
I enjoyed my time working for Pilot Air Freight, just like every job there were pros and cons but all in all, I enjoyed it