Pilot Flying J

Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work
Mainenance (Former Employee), Walcott, IAJuly 25, 2015
I liked working here, learned about diesel fuel and how to properly handle hazardous materials. The management and co-workers were great to be around.
Fun places to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Hebron, INJuly 24, 2015
Pros: decent pay, not very hard, fun environment
Cons: short breaks, management
It's a fun place to work sometimes it can get really stressful depending on the day or the person you're dealing with. The hardest part about the job is when other co-workers don't come in and you're understaffed and you're busy. Another hard part is rude customers that aren't appreciative of what we do for them. The part I like the most about my job is meeting new people. I also get along with all of my co-workers which is great. The management is okay they let people get away with a lot more than they should which isn't always a good thing.
great place to work i loved it wish there ways one here in fl
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee), Brazil, INJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Loved going to work
Cons: pay is min
great place to work i loved it wish there ways one here in fl, great people and learned alot of thing working with this company LOVED IT
Easy Going environment
Deli Expeditor (Former Employee), Oak Grove, KYJuly 23, 2015
A typical day consisted of going in early in the morning and starting to prep all the food for the cold case/hot case so there was food ready for the truckers. Then throughout the day maintain the food and make sure everything is fresh and stocked up. I learned how to work alone well and maintain time well so that i could get all that was needed done.
Met a lot of interesting people
Cashier/Coffee Host/Deli (Former Employee), Eloy, AZJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Paid breaks
Cons: Long hours
A place where all walks of life come through, Pilot Flying J Travel Center. It was quite charming speaking with and assisting all these very different people coming through. Loved the experience.
very busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Madison, GAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: The work is easy and if you are working with good freindly people the day will go better
Cons: short breaks, healthcare and mangement
The job changed when new management came in the whole staff left, This new management didn't care about the people who work for them at all.
Fun enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Dade City, FloridaJuly 20, 2015
Cons: Long lines waiting on backup to come help with customers flooding the store
I had fun working there and the managers all were amazing and fun. The best coffee around and they have a cinnabon! Friendly staff and the dennys next door is great also.
VERY FAST PASSED, I LIKE THAT
Sales Associate (Former Employee), INJuly 19, 2015
Pros: THE CUSTOMERS WAS THE BEST PART
Cons: NOT MANY HOURS, N OT MUCH PAY
I LIKED IT AT PILOT, IS FAST PACED AND I LIKED THAT. I ENJOYED MY JOB AT PILOT TRAVEL CENTERS, JUST WISH I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN MORE HOURS AND MORE PAY, I WOULD HAVE STAYED.
Good Luck!
Guest Service Leader (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 18, 2015
Pros: lunch discount of 50% off while on clock
Cons: lots of stress, under paid, unappreciated
If you are in a supervisor/ Manager on Duty good luck, there will be times where you have to work a double shift because of call offs. No appreciation from management it is not worth the hassle and stress for such a low wage. You sometimes feel that you are doing a job of an assistant manager.
Overworked and Underpayed
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Victorville, CAJuly 15, 2015
Everyday the deli employees are required to do a job for two people. We are extremely understaffed and every new employed hired quits after a few days.
Temporary job until I found better
Cashier (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 14, 2015
Cashier at a truck stop, Sold merchandise, Dealt with truck drivers and other customers. I learned that I do not care for the danger of being a cashier for this company. Co workers were un -dependable and often called in.

Hardest part of the job was working over night. Dealing with the crazy truckers was always fun.
It has it's ups and downs
Team Leader (Current Employee), Fort Worth TXJuly 14, 2015
Pros: 1/2 off food
Cons: Management sucks! they can be very rude and speak to you like you're a child
I've worked this company for almost 6 years. The work schedule is flexible some of the customers are friendly. The managers can have personal issues and speak down to you or they would walk in the store without speaking. Which I feel is very rude and disrespectful
always exciting and fun.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2015
Pros: I get a discount at subway!!
Cons: lunches are only 30 mins long.
A typical work day at pilot flying day is usually pretty crazy and busy makes time go by fast.
What pilot has taught me so far is to work and operate a cat scale, and all about the comdata network along with tchecks and efs checks.
working with co workers at pilot is like working anywhere else, stress in some ways but fun and full of excitement.
The hardest part about working a travel center is that today people are just to stressed themselves and sometimes take it out their frustration on you just because you're the only person the see for miles and miles.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing different cultures and ethnic groups.
fast paced environment with advancement opportunities
Guest Service Leader (Former Employee), Oak Grove, KYJuly 11, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: strongly micromanaged by company
Advancement is possible. It was a stressful job and I carried a lot of responsibilities and felt underpaid for the work that I did, but I enjoyed my team and the trust the company put in me.
nice but stressful work place
Manager (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, IAJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Job security with good hours
Cons: no communication with upper management, very high turn over rate
Overall it was a fun job and I loved my customers and team under me. Upper management never gave you any notice on what was changing and when, making the work environment tough sometimes. The hardest part of my job was trying to create a happy medium between upper management and production associates. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to do what I loved which was managing.
Talkative workplace
Maintenance Man (Former Employee), Gary, INJuly 6, 2015
Pros: We got as much overtime as we wanted
Cons: no cons
Unloading the freight off the trucks and place the boxes on pallets to be shipped to designated areas so, we could stock all shelves before the store opened. I learned how to read labels and i.d. numbers for product. It was manages gretaly. Co-workers were fun to be around. The hardest part would probably be removing old grocery products after stocking new products, and moving old products to the backroom area to be handled by management. Working as a team member.
Serving Americas Drivers
Shift supervisor (Current Employee), SCJune 30, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Upper management, consent schedule changes, working 9 to 10 day in a row.
Open 24 hours a day 365 day's a year. Serving Drivers both professorially and travailing family's. Meeting new people and helping make their tip a little nicer. Taking care of one person at a time.
Customer service
General Manager (Current Employee), Lebanon, TNJune 27, 2015
Every day standards from outside to inside have to be pristine. In order for this to happen everyone has to be in their respective position to make sure customer service is flawless.
The hardest part of the job is keeping store clean on every shift. With the traffic inside and out, it is always a challenge. The most enjoyable part is connecting to different people everyday from all over the country.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYJune 26, 2015
Pros: Fast Paced, Customer Service based job
The General Manager along with the employees were very welcoming. My first week there, I was given free coffee, drinks, etc. Everyone was big on complementing new employees, and never made anyone feel left out.
Friendly bosses, and a great team to work with
Maintenance (Current Employee), Beloit, WIJune 24, 2015
Pros: the team you work with
Cons: getting dirty
Starting the day I would have a wide range of tasks to do, that would help me learn how to do new things and if i made a mistake it would be ok. Learning to fix pumps, how to use different tools. Managers teaching me how to be great with customers. Reading the my board explaining how to better yourself along with reading all the great things people have done to make our customers feel welcome. The management team, obviously everyone they hire is very friendly and smart, i have learned so much from each person that was above me. So many knowledgeable people from different backgrounds, makes me feel like i was in school and learning so much. The co-workers are always fun, we are like one big family, making jokes but being serious most of the time because it is a business. The hardest part of the job is meeting all the demands from the higher up bosses as well as making sure the customers are very happy at the same time, but with the great training they provide and the team work that is found at Pilot Flying J we are able to complete those tasks, making us all better employees. I believe the most enjoyable part of my job is the different challenges that I am allowed to take on without the fear of messing up and getting fired. They truly understand that no one is perfect and that you have to start some where and Pilot Flying J is a great place to start.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pilot Flying J

Pilot Flying J is committed to making life better for America's drivers. Headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, Pilot Flying J – Read more

Pilot Flying J Salaries