Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews in United States

Not to great
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKAugust 12, 2016
Under staffed, over worked,under payed,not enough hours management was a joke sit around and ate free food they wernt suppose to,high over turn of people.Would not recomend.
Pros
job
Cons
hours, pay
All around retail truckstop
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beach, NDAugust 8, 2016
Its an alright place to work, fast paced, always have something to do at the store such as, cleaning out food cases, hot dog rollers, 8 coffee machines, 2 tea holders, fountain pop syrup and carbonate replacement, cup stocking, store fronting, mop floors, cook breakfast for customers, empty trashes, clean showers, do laundry. It's a full time job working at the J.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Angry people
Fun work place
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHAugust 5, 2016
The management at this location just is unorganized, doesn't schedule enough people and doesn't do any consequences for anything you do
Pilot Flying J was the best and most uplifting job I've ever had!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Resaca, GAAugust 4, 2016
A Typical day at flying j was normally not just a typical day. Working in such a busy place with so many different people you see everyday made me have patience and become more outgoing. My job wasn't just a cashier . If the kitchen needed help, I went. If I need to help clean showers, I went. Everyone worked as a team!
Pros
Everything was great. The best was my co-workers
Cons
I can honestly say their was nothing about my job at Pilot Flying j that I can complain about!
Fun and interesting place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 4, 2016
Pilot is a cool place to work. Individuals from all backgrounds come through for their on the road needs. The people who I worked with were cool for the first part and my GM was definitely the most fun and enjoyable boss I've had.
you must devote entire life to move up
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 1, 2016
upper management has unrealistic expectations of store managers and staff. Company rarely promotes upper management from within. Says their customer service driven but its all about money. not a family friendly company.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
bad upper management, too demanding
You never get off night shift
Fuel transport (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJuly 31, 2016
One of the worst places to work no money to be made no advancement you might as well just plan on being on night shift the whole time dispatching management work together but not with you
Pros
None fine somewhere else to work
Cons
Run as fast as u can from this place
okay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJuly 27, 2016
it was hard at first because I worked for Fuel City here in Lufkin and they got bought out by Pilot. So we weren't laid off we just kept our jobs and got hired by Pilot. We got trained on the new system. It was hard because the other system was way easier. There was a lot of changes and things we didn't agree with but some of us didn't have a choice but to deal with it in order for us to have a job.
productive
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stanton, TNJuly 26, 2016
this establishment was like a safe haven for me. The hours were great at the moment, that is until I was moved from day shift to night shift which interfered with my schoolwork.

My mother fell ill and that is the only reason that I am not still employed with this company.
Pros
50% off lunches
Cons
the change of hours that interfered with my schoolwork.
Great company to work for. They always make you feel valued.
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJuly 26, 2016
I loved working for Jimmy Haslam, He would come into my location and know who I was. I only left because I moved to far away and locations are to far to drive.
Pros
weekend and night and holidays off
Cons
pay for food
Well Compensated/High Stress
TRAVEL CENTER GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 20, 2016
Pilot was great to me. Standards are sometimes unattainable and above store structure seems to be unorganized at best. With that said I got to work with some great people and advanced my career to the level I am now. I would recommend PFJ as a great way to gain experience in retail and restaurant services.
Pros
Compensaton and People
Cons
Labor hours are low, stress level is high, and customers can be difficult to deal with
Productive and fun making sandwiches.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 20, 2016
It was fun making sandwiches and getting to know many meats. But they were making me do nothing but dishes. The management there was really bad.. They had way too much workers and they still kept hiring. The hardest part of the job would probably be being in the back doing dishes for hours and hours. It would get frustrating. Id enjoy making the customers laugh and making them a delicious meal.
Pros
Half off
Cons
Bad hours
Friendly accurate service
Food Preparation/ Food Expeditor/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJuly 15, 2016
I enjoyed everyday that I worked there. The team of employees is great and experienced in providing friendly and accurate service.
Fast friendly and clean!
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 14, 2016
On a typical work day at Pilot I come in and look at what needs to be done on our deployment chart and what position I will be handling. Once I do that I return to the kitchen area and look to see what items need to be prepared. If nothing needs to be done in the kitchen, I return to the front line and help the co-workers with customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to interact with co-workers and putting a smile on our customers faces.
Avoid like the plague or waste your life!
Fuel Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJune 29, 2016
This company could care less about you as a driver! Work your tail off for them and they treat you like garbage. Unless ofcourse if you have your nose stuck up some ones brown eye! Like a certain Pennsylvania driver i know who cant read a map pr pump off a load! But yet is a lead driver! Typical do as i say not as i do altitude. Loves is closing in on this garbage company! I just cant believe i was stupid enough to waste 8 years of my life with this bottom feeder trucking outfit!
Pros
None really
It's a Madhouse
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJune 28, 2016
The only thing being served in this restaurant is a healthy dose of racism and favoritism.

The managers don't solve any issue. The other employees are rude and loud and get away with murder.
Pros
50% discount on lunch
Cons
Everything. Just. Everything.
Great team to work with
Guest Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 24, 2016
Enjoyed the 3 and a half years that I worked for this company. Great management team, everyone wants you to succeed.
Lots of customer service skills required. Lots of patience and understanding. Fast paced. NEED to be able to multi-task and still provide a friendly interaction.
Productive and fun work place. Lots of advancement opportunities.
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJune 9, 2016
Excellent place to work. Like a family. Bi-Yearly evaluations and raises. Great management team, and crew. Appreciation given for good work.
Pros
raise and advancement opportunities
Cons
no free lunches
The perfect pitstop
Cinnabon Employee (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 8, 2016
Pilot Travel Centers is a great place to stop and relieve yourself during those long journeys. From the time you enter until the time you leave you are greeted by friendly people,
Cashiering at a truck stop
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Walton, KYJune 8, 2016
A typical day at a Pilot/ Flying J travel center is very busy and hectic at the same time. Travelers and truckers from all of the country come in night and day, in need of assistance from lottery, western unions, cash advances, showers and rest . i learned to have patience and be understanding of all situations. i enjoyed my customers the worst even the ones in a bad mood. the hardest part of the job was to deal with corporate issues, that we were not able to fix in the store, such as all the gas pump going down for 24 hours, as well as 500 truckers coming in to travel center all in one night do to weather and making sure all were happy and comfortable, I enjoyed my co-workers. You must have a good personality to work in a travel center and be able to keep up with consistent business and problems.
Pros
Great co-workers and customers
Cons
Alot of mishaps

2.9