Pilot Flying J

Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews

family enviroment
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist/mailrunner (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 31, 2015
from the time i started at PFJ 1/2013 i enjoyed working there. i enjoyed my department and meeting people from different areas. the upper management are very nice and helpful. there is always something going on for the staff. lunch is catered in daily from different vendors. the hardest part of my job,came after my boss retired. our department statred to fall apart. but we as a whole tried to work together. new people came in and it went from a professional work envirmoent to high schooll.
All Over the Place
cashire (Current Employee), Brookville, PAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Friends I have made from working there
Cons: Schedule
Overall I love my job with Pilot Flying J. The management and other employees are a different story. Between the scheduling being off or changing without notice to employee drama and negativity. I think brought this store down. Despite the dysfunction at this Flying J, I loved what I did. One of the hard parts of the job was probably when checks didn't go through or there was technical issues. Also trying to understand and or explain things to people who did not speak very good english was hard at times but nothing I couldn't get through. I loved everything from taking care of guests to working in the deli area when needed!
If you enjoy moving, this is the place for you!!
Co-Manager/Manager (Former Employee), Jerome, IDMay 27, 2015
Pros: great place!
Great company! if you have the will and the drive this company will quite literally take you places!! especially once you are management. Every place Ive been was awesome tho! and the majority of the management is absolutely stellar!
Poorly Managed
Maintenance (Former Employee), Big Springs, NEMay 22, 2015
Pros: Hours worked, employee discount, independent position
Cons: Poor management, no room for advancement/recognition, unfair treatment to female employees, management doesnt resolve issues, poor store attitude/atmosphere
On a typical day in maintainence, day shift will be covered, night shift gets one person to do a majority of the work, and if its not done, you are held accountable. I learned through this store location, that the GM is not customer driven, nor driver driven, but is driven by bonuses. The GM doesn't do raises or reviews for a majority of his staff unless you happen to be his best friend at work and off the clock. I have witnessed female co workers being treated much more different than the men. Hardest part of the job is knowing no matter how hard you work, or how well you do for this corporation, they do not show their appreciation, nor do they acknowledge hard work or loyalty. And if an employee is having a work related issue, management simply walks away and avoids dealing with the issue altogether (women are lucky to even have theirs listened to). The best part of the job was serving the customers, listening to them, resolving issues when needed, and seeing them leave with a smile on their face, or laughing. A business, a corporation should never forget about their customers, nor an employee who interacts daily with customers when others simply don't.
Day long excitement
Co Manager (Current Employee), Strawberry Plains, Knoxville TnMay 20, 2015
Pros: The biggest pro is meeting people from all over the world
Cons: 11 hour days on your feet constantly moving
Woking at a Travel Center is a very unique and exciting place to work. There is never a dull moment. Constant excellent customer service is a must and as the Manager on duty you must ensure all employes are keeping up with your standards. On the back office side there is daily needs that must be met such as: scheduling, payroll, sales expectations, losses and the general upkeep of the store and fuel islands.
general manager is great
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Mahwah, NJMay 13, 2015
my general manager is awesome but the pay is low and the hours are constantly fluctuating
The training has taught me how to deal with truck related situations and has excelled my management skills with complex problems
was a fun workplace
MANAGER (Former Employee), Laplace, LAMay 11, 2015
Pros: met a lot of people
Cons: district managers change too often
was employed with this company for 3 years.Started in this store when it was Speedway llc that sold out to Pilot travel Centers. Managed this store for apron 10 years. was the manager during the transition to the larger travel center from a small truck stop.Enjoyed all of it, was a great learning experience and opportunity,my decision to change my line of work and wanted to drive a truck for the experience is my reason for resigning.
Fast Paced job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hubbard, OHMay 11, 2015
A typical day consisted of cashing a lot of checks, weighing trucks on the CAT scale and helping customers constantly. The hardest part of the job was the check cashing simply because there were so many different kinds and different ways to cash them.
great benefits
Fuel transporter (Former Employee), Van Horn, TXMay 10, 2015
great place to work at. with great benefits. great place to work and grow with. must maintain hazemat and tankers endorsements
hours are very weird some days you wake up and spend ur whole day their
Maintence Worker (Former Employee), Mauston, WIMay 7, 2015
this job is very frustrating mangers come down hard on you when things are not ur fault and the hours are very weird put ur co workers are great
can be better
Commercial Tanker Driver (Current Employee), Brunswick, GAMay 4, 2015
Pros: can be better
Cons: can be better
working buy my self,how to look out for myself,being safe on the road, takeing my time,alway some one to call if I need help,nights are long
Worst truckers always come in drunk asking for more than diesel in their trucks
Cashier (Former Employee), Haubstadt, IN Flying JMay 1, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Middle of no where, drunk truckers, cruddy pay
Either gossip, bosses act like middle school brats, ready to talk about anybody about anything. Truckers are ready to come in and are ready to fight you as a female or male no matter how old you are.. The later it is at night you need to take off your name tag because they'll come in messed up on drugs or been drinking and hand you a condom or a room key and tell you what truck to come back to.. I was here for a few months and lost a few managers because they couldn't handle the customers and the environment .. This place is horrible .. They act nice, sweet whatever, -- completely awful
This is a good place to work for teens and as part time employment
Cashier (Former Employee), Laplace, LAApril 29, 2015
It was a nice place to work, I met a lot of different people at this job. The pay was not what I expected, but the workers and management were very polite.
busy
CASHIER (Former Employee), Benton, ARApril 26, 2015
A typical day at work was always busy with plenty to do.
What i learned was patience. My manager was chaotic and not responsible. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of my job was dealing with rude disrespectful people. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers and seeing my repeat customers.
Stressful understaffed location
Deli Manager (Current Employee), Sunbury, OHApril 26, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: Low pay rate, short staffed constantly
very easy work, not challenging enough at times. Can be stressful also because the location I am at is hard to staff.
I oversee and help in the prep and production of all the hot and cold foods for the facility. I also perform a daily and weekly inventory count as well as the food ordering. The location I am at is hard to staff so on a day to day basis we are at least a person short if not more so its normally pretty stressful and it also makes it hard to complete my daily tasks because I am only hourly, therefore I can only work 8 hour shifts. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get the weekends off.
Good Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Priceville, ALApril 23, 2015
People friendly. 3rd shift is probably the best. Great employees, friendly environment, great coffee. Management is people friendly. Co-workers get along great. Gets along with customers like family. Staying active by completing tasks throughout the day.
Bad Place to work
Food Services Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILApril 20, 2015
General management at the store is rude and make threats and force people to quit that he does like and would not work hear again.
Very Productive , fast paced place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dalton, GAApril 20, 2015
Pros: having a 401k was awesome, great insurance that was very cheap
Cons: sometime people would call in just before it was time for me to get off, and I would have to stay until mgnt could try to find someone else, and sometime they could'nt, so I would pull double shift .
Working at the Pilot was a very fun place too work . I met different people from all over the world and i became friends with a few of them even to this day . I enjoyed the people that I worked with i loved my shift, and most of all I enjoyed unloading the truck and stocking the shelves and cooler because I saw it as a form of exercising while getting paid for it.
Trash picker upper and all around ground and house keeping
Maintenance/Cashier (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Meeting different types of people, staying busy
Cons: pay rate, cleaning behind grown men.
I enjoyed this job because I got to meet a lot of nice people from all over the country. I got to be indoors and outdoors. I actually had to work hard. Scrubbing floors, toilets, shower walls etc. I made sure that everything was working properly throughout the property. I also was cross working. I was being a cashier and covering cashier shifts and also maintenance on some days. I enjoyed working hard and staying busy. I learned how to take a gas pump apart and put it back together. The hardest part of the whole job is working on the gas pumps. The reason I left this job is because I had a baby and I was not getting hours I needed.
Awful place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJApril 12, 2015
Asst. Managers work every weekend
No room for advancement
GM had no business being a manager
Co-workers mostly ex drug users on probation
Terrible atmosphere to work in
Compensation was terrible

1 2 3 4 5

About Pilot Flying J

Pilot Flying J is committed to making life better for America's drivers. Headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, Pilot Flying J – Read more

Pilot Flying J Salaries