Pilot Flying J

Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews

A pretty good company
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCAugust 23, 2015
Pros: The TCGM
Cons: Almost anyone can be manger with the same pay as a regular cashier
I honestly love my job it fits me perfectly except the two cons one being my pay and the other my boss. It seems equal opportunity is dead within this building it seems a lot of advancement is based on color and that kills the spirits of my employees. He talks about all the employees very negatively; however there are some wonderful people who work there that I looked forward to seeing.
Poor experience/customer service
Cashier (Former Employee), McDonald, TNAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Fast paced work environment
Cons: Everything
Pilot Flying J is a gas station, so you kind of already know how the job will be. Upon interviewing, I advised the manager I was a full time student so my availability would be somewhat limited. She said that would not be a problem and wanted me to start right away. I accepted the job then soon regretted my decision. I loved the customers, and working the cash register and so far, my schedule was pretty good. Once school started however, everything took a turn for the worst. I was getting scheduled until 11, but I also had 8am classes, so that was too late. I spoke to my manager several times about – more... this, and she kept saying she understood and would fix my schedule until the week came along, and sure enough, I was scheduled until 11 again. I was also only working one day on the weekend, as was everyone else, then that changed to both weekends. So needless to say, that wasn't going to work out. They recently added self check outs as well, but someone had to stand there to assist customers. If you left your post to help a customer on the register (because some things could not be done at the self check out) the manager would yell at you to get back to your post. It was the most frustrating job I have ever had. I have never gotten into trouble for assisting a customer. I have always been drilled that the customer comes first, and should be helped in anyway possible, as they should. The manager would also try to force people to use their self check outs instead of the register. I could not believe that. Customer service is obviously not their priority. – less
all they care about is the all mighty dollar!!
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Newport, MIAugust 19, 2015
Pros: THER IS NOT ONE PRO!!!
Cons: YOU WILL NEVER GET THAT TIME YOU WASTED THERE BACK!!!
I spent over 5 years with this company at the Nadeau road location and they went through managers faster than they changed gas prices!! They will use and abuse you until they have no more use for you because they can hire in someone off the street a lower wage and replace you. They flew me all over the country opening up new locations and put me up in these roach motels and no one knowing weather I was coming or going and fighting to get plane tickets or car rentals. The straw that broke my back was being suspended for working off the clock???? I was assistant general manager with a ridiculous – more... labor that must be met and to help I would come in at 6 am but did not punch in till 630 or 700. You punished those who stand up for your company and believe in it and are committed to it. WHAT PLANET ARE THEY FROM!!!!
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!
THEY ARE CHEAP JERKS WHO DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU

JUST LOOK AT THE CEO AND ALL THE TROUBLE THE COMPANY IS IN WITH THE FBI FOR RIPING OFF ALL OF THOSE PROFFESIONAL DRIVERS AND NOT PAYING FOR ANY OF THEIR REBATES TOTALLING IN THE MILLIONS.

AND YES THAT WAS THE SAME TIME THAT THE CEO ALSO WENT OUT AND BOUGHT THE CLEVELAND BROWNS FOOTBALL TEAM.

GO TRY LOVES OR TA I KNOW YOU WILL BE SO MUCH HAPPIER AND YOUR WALLETS WILL THICKER BECAUSE THEY KNOW HOW TO RUN A COMPANY – less
productive and fun work place
cashier coffee host deli shift lead (Former Employee), millersport,OHAugust 18, 2015
Pros: fun and laid back place to work meet alot of new people.
Cons: no advancement!!
i enjoyed the job, customers and employees.it was a great place to work at there was very poor management and no advancement i worked as a deli shift lead cashier and a coffee host every day and did not make the pay i felt i deserved.
Managment is horrible
Cashier (Former Employee), Florence, SCAugust 15, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: No hours, rude and nonchalant managers
I was given an option to either come to work or be fired because I had food poison. Of course I decided to stay home as told by my doctor because he felt I wasn't well enough to go to work. I called hours ahead to let them know that I was on my way to the ER. I even called while I was in the ER. I also called for the third time to inform them that I was diagnosed with food poison and that I was restricted from coming into work. I made sure I had a doctors note saying that but again I was told to pick between my health and my job.
Theres a lot of good people working hard there as long as your honest its not a bad lace to work
CSR/Maintanance (Former Employee), Shepherdsville, KYAugust 14, 2015
Pros: you work with a lot of good peole and they will work with you on yur schedule
Cons: Its hard to get first shift and second shift calls in alot
just stay busy and don't steal its not a bad place to work and you can move up as long as you dnt have record. There also about working with your schedule if you have another job.But the job really does require everyone work as a team one for all and all for one,You can be a C.S.R. or maintance or a coffee host.I cant stress this enough if you get caught stealing you will go to jail I seen a few employees go to jail in my three years.But if you don't have a highschool diploma its probably your best bet. You learn how to turn on desiel pumps.I alsolearned how to print and verify comchecks tchecks and tch checks
Productive working place with many possibilities to grow within.
Deli Host/ Cashier (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 12, 2015
Pros: discounted meals, great benefits.
Cons: short break.
While working at Pilot Flying J a typical day for me would start at about 5 a.m. Monday thru Friday ending at 1 p.m. . I would come in stock the deli display refrigerator, then I would stock all coffee supplies as needed. After doing so I would clean up my work area and greet customers upon entrance and exit until 9 a.m. . After 9 a.m. I would then do a deli pull for the next day and get everything restocked for the next shift. By 11 a.m. I would help cashiers upon request or as needed. Working at Pilot allowed me to build better people skills along with becoming a good salesman. The management was also and caring and very understanding. My c0-workers welcomed me with open arms from the beginning to the end. The hardest part of the job most definitely was dealing with the grumpy truck drivers, never once did that affect how I treated they were always welcomed with open arms. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was capable of making their day as easy as possible.
Poor management but was okay company to work for
Cashier/ Coffee Host (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDAugust 11, 2015
Pros: great people good money
Cons: no health care
In the three months I worked for the company I was promoted to a different position and promised a pay raise, after seven weeks of waiting it never went through so I decided it was time to find something new.
Fun workplace
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 10, 2015
Pros: free lunch 3 breaks great staff
Cons: long hours
Working at The Pilot was like an adventure for me. I never dealt with the same things everyday even though I had to the same kind of work everyday. It was a fun and fast paced environment. The customers could be rude but I really enjoyed making someone a sandwhich and putting a smile on their face at the same time.
Not like says it is.
Cashier, deli, coffee host (Former Employee), Roberts, WIAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Meet new people
Cons: not enough pay, short handed, short breaks, stressful, poor management, call cops a lot
My first few days were great. The only thing is the management is always changing. Typical day is that you are at the cashier with a line of about 30 people. Only cashier that really stressful cause truckers and customers get mad because of the long wait. When you call for management help more than half the time they are helping in the back. On top of that you are running from cashier to the coffee. If the coffee is out your in trouble cause customer complain. Hard to be at two places at once. Plus you half to keep your hear open to hear when the scales go off. Very fast paces. In addtion, the deli your also very short staff. Sometimes you are on break then they have a rush call you back.
poor management, under staff
maintenance (Former Employee), Tyler txAugust 7, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: low pay, under staff, etc
I was hired for maintenance. Received no training and was thrown in right off the bat cleaning showers that had a waiting list.
Low pay for the amount of work and time frame they expect you to get all done by. Quit after 2 days. Run from them.
Also I am a professional driver to and will not stop at any of them again.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Nitro, WVAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Good advancement
Cons: Healthcare
I was a team leader and was responsible for lunches and breaks, also I was responsible for the deposits. I was responsible for about ten co-workers. I enjoyed working with my fellow co-workers.
OK
General Manager (Former Employee), Somewhere, USAAugust 4, 2015
My job was ok. It was high demand and fast paced. Always unpredictable and difficult to plan for. Take a person that will dedicate all free time to insure the store in running properly.
If you love fast paced environments this is the job for you.
Retail Sales Specialist/Guest Service Manager (Current Employee), Salina, KSJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Fast paced, customers are awesome!
Cons: Being open 24/7/365 there are several schedule changes and demands to be met.
Flying J is a great company to work for. Many opportunities for advancement when effort is put forth by employee! Jobs include, cashier, maintenance and deli. Also management positions. Professional drivers appreciate all you do to help their day flow smoothly and travelers like the variety of products Flying J offers.
Fun Place to work
Mainenance (Former Employee), Walcott, IAJuly 25, 2015
I liked working here, learned about diesel fuel and how to properly handle hazardous materials. The management and co-workers were great to be around.
Fun places to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Hebron, INJuly 24, 2015
Pros: decent pay, not very hard, fun environment
Cons: short breaks, management
It's a fun place to work sometimes it can get really stressful depending on the day or the person you're dealing with. The hardest part about the job is when other co-workers don't come in and you're understaffed and you're busy. Another hard part is rude customers that aren't appreciative of what we do for them. The part I like the most about my job is meeting new people. I also get along with all of my co-workers which is great. The management is okay they let people get away with a lot more than they should which isn't always a good thing.
great place to work i loved it wish there ways one here in fl
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee), Brazil, INJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Loved going to work
Cons: pay is min
great place to work i loved it wish there ways one here in fl, great people and learned alot of thing working with this company LOVED IT
Easy Going environment
Deli Expeditor (Former Employee), Oak Grove, KYJuly 23, 2015
A typical day consisted of going in early in the morning and starting to prep all the food for the cold case/hot case so there was food ready for the truckers. Then throughout the day maintain the food and make sure everything is fresh and stocked up. I learned how to work alone well and maintain time well so that i could get all that was needed done.
Met a lot of interesting people
Cashier/Coffee Host/Deli (Former Employee), Eloy, AZJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Paid breaks
Cons: Long hours
A place where all walks of life come through, Pilot Flying J Travel Center. It was quite charming speaking with and assisting all these very different people coming through. Loved the experience.
very busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Madison, GAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: The work is easy and if you are working with good freindly people the day will go better
Cons: short breaks, healthcare and mangement
The job changed when new management came in the whole staff left, This new management didn't care about the people who work for them at all.
Headquarters