Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Food Service Lead 3 (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PASeptember 24, 2016
Want to meet all kinds!? This is the place for it. Travelers of all kinds !! We at pilot flying j say we are the last smile a traveler may see for hours !! Give them the best service ever !! I always enjoyed my customers and staff !! Great great company
Great Truckstop
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCSeptember 24, 2016
Loved everything about it! Great customers, benefits, and environment! Love the fact they are all for truckers that are out all day everyday making our lives easier... just think of what we would be without them!
easy job
Subway Sandwich Artiste (Current Employee) –  Gary, INSeptember 23, 2016
At subway the store is always a mess when i come in. Some Co-workers do their job halfway. The hardest part is getting the store back together especially when busy. The most enjoyable part is some the people i work with and the discount.
Pros
most employees are nice with positive attitudes
Cons
people not doing their jobs, managers not saying anything, stressful
very productive place to work....mostly HORRIBLE CUSTOMERS.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TNSeptember 22, 2016
Management is great, customers and truck drivers not so much... Great hours... just a sucky job. It's a very fast paced job, just get used to rude people cussing you all day long.
Pros
management
Cons
customers, over-worked
Childish
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madera, CASeptember 20, 2016
People who worked there got the job because of a parent. If one employee was the child of the boss everybody would pick on that person and single them out. There was no team work, very unprofessional environment and most of the time it just didn't feel safe.
fun people and caring
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LASeptember 19, 2016
loved this place as well my husband passed in 2006 had a 7 year old and needed to be home at descent hrs she's 17 now
co workers were easy to get along with
firing people was the hardest
getting off work to be home with family
Pros
401 benefits monies
Cons
long days but enjoyed them
pilot flying j is a great company because they are productive and amazing to work for.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Moriarty, NMSeptember 19, 2016
A typical day at work for me is always being polite and kind to my customers. What i have learned is the things go alot smoother when you get things done it just makes everything so much easier. My management was okay they knew what they were doing and they were professional about most things. I got along with all my co-workers everyone was friendly and made me feel like i was at home. and the most enjoyable part about my job is just getting to work i love working all day every day.
Pros
50% off food items
benefits
no good
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHSeptember 19, 2016
everyone is lazy DO NOT WORK HERE u will regret it. store manager is so bad it isnt funny he dont care about the store at all.... it isworst place to work
Good
Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, KySeptember 18, 2016
Its okay but overall upper management needs work. Job is easy and it has taught me a lot in management skills and customer service.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Worl area
Would Not Recommend
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Haubstadt, INSeptember 17, 2016
Management didn't take employees concerns into consideration. Pay was low. Was expected to work numerous different positions successfully without ever receiving help.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
low pay, management sucks, no benefits even if full time
Good
Guest Service Leader 2 (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHSeptember 13, 2016
I really love my job at pilot there just isn't anymore room for advancement. I'm almost topped out as a gsl2. Hours are up and down
Alot of favoritism if you have it you have it, if u don't you don't.
Pros
Happy ppl
Cons
Hours
Okay place to work, management could be better.
Cashier / Cinnabon Trainer (Current Employee) –  OregonSeptember 13, 2016
Working as a cashier, you deal with professional drivers and travelers all day. It is a pretty laid back place to work at, but the pay could be better considering the attitudes of the customers and the way the company "cares for their employees".
Pros
paid vacation after a year, full and part time benefits
Cons
management sucks, pay is a little low
Pilot is very clean
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Woodhull, ILSeptember 12, 2016
My typical day at work is I usually arrive early to get ready mentally for the day. I usually start on the inside and clean what showers are dirty and start the laundry. I move to the bathrooms and the main part of the store. Then I work my way outside to gather the trash and anything that has fallen out of them on the ground. The hardest part of my job is catching up when I first arrive at work, and on the truck days because I am asked by all of the departments to help put their trucks away. The most enjoyable part of my job is on the really nice days i can be outside power washing or painting.
Pros
unpaid lunch and breaks
Good company bad manager
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooks, ORSeptember 11, 2016
Store manager at the location I worked created extremely toxic work environment and had bad ethics and morals. Company itself is a great company with good benefits and career opportunities
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNSeptember 9, 2016
Loved working here, really enjoyed meeting new people everyday and the coworkers. Really enjoyed the hours and the environment.
Pros
Rewards and enviornment
Fun
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHSeptember 8, 2016
This was my very first job and by far the worst. I wasnt aware of all the rules.and guidlines when I started working. I was young and had a family I got used because I.was always willing to make extra hours took other crew members shifts for them and they knew they could call if they were short handed
Bit of a mixed experience.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lordsburg, NMSeptember 8, 2016
While the hours and what was asked of employees wasn't necessarily daunting, I believe the experience I had working there was a bit lessened due to one particular co-worker whose behavior, attitude, and lack of professionalism inevitably led to my abrupt decision to cease working there. I was made to scrub the floor with bleach by this individual...which wouldn't have been a last straw if I'd at least been treated with common courtesy and respect throughout my employment.

The days were easy enough. I was pregnant at the time, but even with the morning sickness, my duties were reasonable and easy to take care of.

Typical restocking of food and drink stations, food prep for select on-the-go meal items, and preparing coffee. Cleaning, sweeping, mopping, and keeping displays organized. There were fun little competitive sails during promotional events that kept things interesting.

It was a 24/7 truckstop as well as a weighing station with a Western Union service.
Pros
Lunch Break, One Free 32oz drink each shift
Cons
You can't choose who you work with.
was a fun place to work at
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Palm Springs, CASeptember 6, 2016
was a very busy place there was lots to do like weigh 18 wheelers print up customer fuel tickets and company checks and also learned to send and receive western union...
Pros
we were never alone
Cons
alot of homeless and theft
Pilot was fun and challenging
Guest Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 5, 2016
By far on of the most interesting and challenging experiences of my life i had a blast with this company. Yeah some days were difficult, but it definitely reliefs the mind numbing redundancy of other jobs.
Really loved the people there and a great work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 3, 2016
This was a really good job and work environment. The people were great and very welcoming. I really enjoyed the busy work pace. I love working with the public or just talking in general

2.9