Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews

Fun and easy going
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 19, 2017
Everyone is really nice and work together as a team. Management will work around home life or emergencies. Its energetic with diverse customers and team members.
Pros
50% off food at Wendy's
Cons
No Healthcare
easy work environment
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Union Point, GAOctober 19, 2017
pay is fair and work is very easy to handle. it is a very clean environment. employees are very easy to get along with. manager works with your schedule best way possible
Mustang ridge
Lead Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Mustang Ridge, TXOctober 17, 2017
Mustang ridge pilot truck stop was enjoyable, and gave everyone a chance to advance very fast. Pilot focus on the guest needs. From cashing truckers payroll to habwing showers ready for them. Employee are all cross trained so everyone can help the guest.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Managers usually get offered other stores
fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 17, 2017
i liked working there they just had went thru to many gms. plus when it was time for my raise they wouldn't give it to me. plus management was rude to employees. and we didnt get any discounts
Pros
good hours
Cons
no raises
Nice
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 17, 2017
For the most part it's a nice place to work. Just stay away from the politics of it. A lot of people come through want a different coffee we should get but has not so far.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Co workers can be mean
Fast & Friendly Place to Work
Maintenance/Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJOctober 16, 2017
Most of the time at Pilot we give are very best customer service to our customers. We put are customers first and make sure they have a warm welcome and serve them with a fast paced environment.
Biased and cut-throat social standards
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Haw River, NCOctober 16, 2017
My manager was racist, as well as the one above her. Working with either person was stressful and nerve racking. Termination was threatened on a daily basis.
Transport drivers beware
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAOctober 16, 2017
Id like to warn future candidates about the bait and switch.. was told job would pay more then it actually did, my hours werent even close to what i was told. Lead driver/ trainer was new to the job and the culture was poor with other drivers. I actually think i was set up and run out of my job and nobody cared or asked what was wrong. Beware
Pros
Home DAILY
Cons
Low pay, Low hours
Great place
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 15, 2017
The typical day at pilot is steady, there is constant flow from the drivers and they must be taken care of because they are always on the road, everyone wants a nice, clean place to relax
Fast-paced and competitive
Environmental Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 15, 2017
Working at Pilot requires someone with a solid work ethic. It's a competitive company that requires someone who can multi-task and likes to be challenged. The benefits were good and the paid time off was great.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Very competitive
OK place to work
General Manager Designate (Current Employee) –  Limon, COOctober 13, 2017
It is probably an excellent place to work if you are used to retail and the slowness of it. I come from a fast food background and thought that I would try a change. I miss the fast-paced, hustle and bustle of the restaurants,
Not fun at all to work for
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Saint George, SCOctober 13, 2017
Never a consistent schedule, if your a good worker you have to sit there and watch your fellow co workers do nothing while you work and when people get hired they normally leave because of how bad the schedule is
Good place to work with stable company
Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 13, 2017
Worked there for 22yrs and it had many benefits. Enjoyed it. They were hard on safety but will help in case of emergency. they allowed vacation time if you scheduled in advance. I have 269hrs of vacation time which amounts to 27 days.
Pros
steady work
Cons
management needs improvement
Horrible Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 11, 2017
The managers and company were horrible. They did not take care of their employees at all. They had favorites and everyone that was not their favorite was swept under the rug.
Pros
Cons
No advance placement
Find the Right Fit...
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Multiple LocationsOctober 11, 2017
There are some truly amazing people that work for this company. Unfortunately, they are few and far between. For the most part, region managers are put under so much pressure for a certain result (whether it is attainable with the provided resources or not) that they drive the store managers into the ground. Practically no resources are provided, but the expectations are high. Certain persons (mostly division directors) drive so hard that they almost force their employees to do unethical things to take get the desires results. I have seen this time and time again. And region managers don't care about anyone but themselves. It's hard to work for people like that. A lot of respect for top level management, though. I think that they are unaware for the most part, of what is being done.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Long hours, negative work environment, unethical supervisors
Not fun
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  VariedOctober 10, 2017
Not a good work place. I enjoyed my job there. You never knew what going on.The company was in a lot of turmoil.Too much corporate politics going on.I am glad I no longer work there.
Pros
Cons
Cut throat
It is a different place to work
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Clear Lake, IAOctober 9, 2017
Pilot in Clear Lake, Iowa. Has its issue like unable to separate employees for their lives outside of work from their life at work. A typical day is doing most the work while others hide out in the office cooler or outside.
Hazmat Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Byron, GAOctober 6, 2017
Don't want to leave..have to relocate to be close to aging parents..this company started back around 1948 with one truck...now has grown into a multi-billion dollar giant..well balanced through the years.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Nothing really bad
Say no!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXOctober 6, 2017
Pilot was a great Driver friendly atmosphere until new Executive and Management took over crude division. Management now has no Transportation experience and big ego.
Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Roberts, WIOctober 6, 2017
Great company that demands a lot of work from team members.
It's a nice place to work when it is fully staffed, but rarely ever is.
Fun, fast paced environment. Low staffing levels create large work load for team members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Flying J. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9