Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews

Worst company to work for!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 28, 2016
At first this company seems like a nice place to work for. But after some time you being to see its true colors. The management and " supervisors " are terrible the employee's run the store and do whatever they want. The pay is is ridicules for what they expect you to do while they have employees who do nothing while you do their work plus you're own and any complaints and possible raises or promotions are brushed under the rug.
Pros
None!
Cons
Bad pay, no team effort, And NO CHANCE OF GROWING WITH THE COMPANY
it is a fast paced business and many opportunities to advance with a little hard work.
Guest Sevice Leader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 19, 2016
They expect one person to do the work load of three or four people. They offer very little as far as comendations for jobs well done. They do offer insurance and education assistance. It is always exciting going to work because you have the opportunity to meet several diverse people and there is never a dull moment. The management team is normally there to assist you when needed, but sometimes they are way to busy to deal with some of the cashiers. For the past 7 years I have enjoyed my job there because I was able to apply the skills I have in management and training.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Expectations of company for employees work expectations are unrealistically outrageous.
Very hectic work place
Maintence (Former Employee) –  Pontoon Beach, ILNovember 3, 2016
There is a lot going on all the time, with little time to do it. They go through a lot of workers because they ask too much out of everyone. Therefore if you stick with the company, you can move up fast. Management that are hired in put in little effort to help employees. Co-workers that have moved into management are very helpful because they know the struggle and are actually there for you. Train you very vaguely then throw you into the wolves.

**Maintenance workers will have to change the trash along the diesel pumps that haven't been changed since the day before, so they will packed full and rip, and are overflowing with bags of trucker URINE that will drip all over you**
Pros
Fast Advancements
Cons
Working here sucks and they know it so they hire anybody, Therefore not many people work there for very long.
pilot flying j is a great company because they are productive and amazing to work for.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Moriarty, NMSeptember 19, 2016
A typical day at work for me is always being polite and kind to my customers. What i have learned is the things go alot smoother when you get things done it just makes everything so much easier. My management was okay they knew what they were doing and they were professional about most things. I got along with all my co-workers everyone was friendly and made me feel like i was at home. and the most enjoyable part about my job is just getting to work i love working all day every day.
Pros
50% off food items
benefits
Bit of a mixed experience.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lordsburg, NMSeptember 8, 2016
While the hours and what was asked of employees wasn't necessarily daunting, I believe the experience I had working there was a bit lessened due to one particular co-worker whose behavior, attitude, and lack of professionalism inevitably led to my abrupt decision to cease working there. I was made to scrub the floor with bleach by this individual...which wouldn't have been a last straw if I'd at least been treated with common courtesy and respect throughout my employment.

The days were easy enough. I was pregnant at the time, but even with the morning sickness, my duties were reasonable and easy to take care of.

Typical restocking of food and drink stations, food prep for select on-the-go meal items, and preparing coffee. Cleaning, sweeping, mopping, and keeping displays organized. There were fun little competitive sails during promotional events that kept things interesting.

It was a 24/7 truckstop as well as a weighing station with a Western Union service.
Pros
Lunch Break, One Free 32oz drink each shift
Cons
You can't choose who you work with.
fun work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 1, 2016
I liked working there the only bad thing was management. They promise raises and don't go thru with them. Working there was great because it was always busy made time go fast. I love the costumers good work environment.
Pretty good pay, but no room for advancement
Retail Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  ksSeptember 27, 2016
I have been employed for over three years with PIlot. I took my current position because it was vacant for 3 months and no one wanted it. This company will work you to the bone without any recognition. They are also pretty big on discrimination towards women and breast feeding mothers. fo
Pros
never boring, pay, coworkers, breaks
Cons
management, no room for advancement, horrible morale, hours cut constantly for all nonmanagement
Decent but not great
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLNovember 23, 2016
Store management are good at what they do, but the upper management act like they don't care to some degree. Truck driver are more of headaches.
Pros
Great workers
Cons
Raises hard to get
Fun and Exciting
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYMay 20, 2016
Supervised workers. Set assignments. Resolved worker problems, complaints. Interpreted job orders, company policies and procedures. Set deadlines. Responsible for training, disciplining. Maintained the existing customer base. Communicated changes in policies, procedures, and strategies. Resolved customer complaints. Assigned duties to employees. Attended company meetings. Conferred with management and subordinates to resolved worker problems, complaints, and grievances. Demonstrated equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees, and assigned employees to experienced workers for training. Recommended and implemented measures to motivated employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, and efficiency. Recommended personnel actions such as hirings and promotions.
Okay place to work, management could be better.
Cashier / Cinnabon Trainer (Current Employee) –  OregonSeptember 13, 2016
Working as a cashier, you deal with professional drivers and travelers all day. It is a pretty laid back place to work at, but the pay could be better considering the attitudes of the customers and the way the company "cares for their employees".
Pros
paid vacation after a year, full and part time benefits
Cons
management sucks, pay is a little low
I really like working here!
Retail Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNMarch 27, 2016
I really like working here! I mostly work as a cashier, but I am also responsible for maintaining the appearance of the store, managing the shelves, checking inventory, cleanliness, etc.

I don't really have any problems with working here. Management is thoughtful, always willing to work around your schedule, and open to discussing pay raises for those who put in the right amount of effort. The customers are pretty friendly, and some of my fellow employees have become dear friends.
Very up beat very nice people. Great place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 20, 2016
Pilot is a very kind & up beat place of work. Co-workers are great people, management was great. It is an all around good place to apply for a Job. Great place!
Pros
Your first lunch is free.
Cons
Half hour lunch, does have good benefits.
Productive and fun work place. Lots of advancement opportunities.
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJune 9, 2016
Excellent place to work. Like a family. Bi-Yearly evaluations and raises. Great management team, and crew. Appreciation given for good work.
Pros
raise and advancement opportunities
Cons
no free lunches
Ok place to work but management is bad
Food Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Childress, TXOctober 24, 2016
Great Benefits, good place to work except for management treats you and talks down to you like your a child, needs to be dealt with immediately otherwise this store will eventually fail
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Bad Management
Good place to work.
Cashier/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Fremont, INSeptember 20, 2016
Little job/career advancement, mostly because each store has a limited number of positions.
Fairly busy on 1st and 2nd shifts. Management is very good about helping you if it gets busy.
Good company bad manager
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooks, ORSeptember 11, 2016
Store manager at the location I worked created extremely toxic work environment and had bad ethics and morals. Company itself is a great company with good benefits and career opportunities
Would Not Recommend
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Haubstadt, INSeptember 17, 2016
Management didn't take employees concerns into consideration. Pay was low. Was expected to work numerous different positions successfully without ever receiving help.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
low pay, management sucks, no benefits even if full time
You never get off night shift
Fuel transport (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJuly 31, 2016
One of the worst places to work no money to be made no advancement you might as well just plan on being on night shift the whole time dispatching management work together but not with you
Pros
None fine somewhere else to work
Cons
Run as fast as u can from this place
you must devote entire life to move up
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 1, 2016
upper management has unrealistic expectations of store managers and staff. Company rarely promotes upper management from within. Says their customer service driven but its all about money. not a family friendly company.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
bad upper management, too demanding
Days go by fast team members are nice to work with...
Maintenance / housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, AlabamaOctober 1, 2016
This place they don't want you to have two jobs they want you to have one job and come full-time but they don't give you full time hours it would be 20 hours 10 hours tops inspect you live off that. And management needs to improve. The pay 10 hours but they don't give any hours or overtime. My check equals up to 150 a week if that...
Pros
50% off on lunch.
Cons
Hours. Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Flying J. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9