Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Stanton, TNMay 22, 2016
Interacted with customers daily. Trained employees, mentored, coached and new hires. Great place to work. Great team members
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Hard to get lunch breaks
Fun and Exciting
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYMay 20, 2016
Supervised workers. Set assignments. Resolved worker problems, complaints. Interpreted job orders, company policies and procedures. Set deadlines. Responsible for training, disciplining. Maintained the existing customer base. Communicated changes in policies, procedures, and strategies. Resolved customer complaints. Assigned duties to employees. Attended company meetings. Conferred with management and subordinates to resolved worker problems, complaints, and grievances. Demonstrated equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees, and assigned employees to experienced workers for training. Recommended and implemented measures to motivated employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, and efficiency. Recommended personnel actions such as hirings and promotions.
Definetly keeps you on your heels!!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Latta, SCMay 18, 2016
I love working there and its never a dull moment...just like any job it can get frustrating but I don't hate it either. Come to Pilot Flying J! Great food too!!
Fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  SCMay 12, 2016
Well be ready to work. There is no such thing as lounging on this job! Turn your phone on and pretend you are PRN! You will be called in. Get ready to be cross trained in every position. You will have to cover for someone. Make sure you follow the dress code and have good hygene.
Pros
Time goes by fast
Cons
A lot of the management need a course in "How to obtain people skills".
Not a very good place to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCMay 8, 2016
Unfriendly management. There is a pointing finger game played at this location no one is ever held responsible for anything done most things were swept under the rug.
Not great
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Iowa, LAMay 5, 2016
I was employed at the new truck stop in Iowa, LA and was treated unfairly by management and not given any guidance or help with regards to job. The pay I got was great and especially for everything you gotta do. However the management ESPECIALLY the store manager was disrespectful towards me, later threatened me and didn't like the fact when his own store management couldn't give straight answers he had to be called and was VERY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL, definitely doesn't deserve to be the store management and needs training on how to.treat his employees. I've filed complianta and nothing was done or solved, so they lost a great hard working and ALWAYS on time for work..
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Managment sucked, not good treatment AT ALL by upper management
Fast paced, Goal Oriented, Financial Intensity
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCMay 4, 2016
Fast paced business with room for advancement. The People as in any job were the toughest part. Team Members and Guests. Always on call, Hard to get employees who care enough.
Fast pace, decent management.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76177April 30, 2016
I liked the people I worked with for the most part, and our regular customers were often phenomenal.
I learned how to handle difficult customers in a friendly efficient way, depleting their frustration for the most part.
Management have their good and bad days, which they would make very apparent on how they treated their employees.
My co-workers were very easy to get along with, we had each others back.
The hardest part of the job was when I would try to explain an issue to management, and they didn't care. I want to work with a company that cares about their employee's.
I thoroughly enjoyed helping people daily, because I love working with people.
Pros
They worked with my schedule
Cons
Not enough pay for work required.
Team Lead, Pilot (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 29, 2016
I loved my job here with this company. I advanced quickly within the company but at the time the company had to cut back hours because it was our slow period. The only thing I disliked, we went through too many general managers at that particular store.
Pros
room for growth
Cons
not enough hours
same
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXApril 29, 2016
It was a good company its the same as Pilot same issues. As long as you were doing your job to your abilities and to there standards things went great. Always greeting you customers with a smile and completing you daily tasks was important to them and yourself. It was enjoyable
Pros
I liked there time clock for your breaks and lunchs
Cons
Which they would of had a seperate erea for smokers....
Job Summary
RSS Guest Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Anthony, TXApril 28, 2016
It was a great job that provided much stability. I was able to obtain some great managing skills as well as retail skills.
high volume
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 28, 2016
high volume food court inside a truck stop, 24 hr operation. Need to be available 24 hrs. Concepts, Taco Bell, Subway and Cinnabon.
Working at my last job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carmel, VAApril 27, 2016
Working at pilot was a very fast paced working environment, because they are one of the busiest stores off the interstate I had to have great customer service, and had to learn how to multitask very quickly, the most enjoyable part of the job was making friends with my customers. That's one thing that I will miss the most.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
i dont have any bad things to say about this job
Working for a truck stop can be challenging
Fuel Desk Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 27, 2016
I worked for the company for almost 10 years and greatly enjoyed my time there.We were truly a family.The CEO of the company is a great person.He helped my family a lot.
Pros
The people were great to work with
Cons
the drivers can get out of hand sometimes
Great work place
Guest Service Lead 3 (Current Employee) –  Stanfield, ORApril 26, 2016
I've worked here for 2 years almost, and it really is a great environment. The hardest part may be dealing with an angry professional driver, but even that isn't that bad.
Pros
Half off Subway, great work environment
I had a good time there
team leader (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 25, 2016
I like what I did there stock the store help the customer service answer any questions that I am asked. I got a long with everybody I did everything I need to do my job right
just.another.job
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCApril 20, 2016
I applied on Indeed.com and it took two weeks to get a response. I was hired the same day I was interviewed. The work is great, when you're not being constantly rushed by the general manager, who is NOT willing to help you at all. We had very little complaints about a few employees. However, the general manager seems to be willing to hire anyone. Too many people have quit before their first month was over. There aren't a lot of benefits from working here unless you need experience and you generally like seeing the same 600 faces every day. On a main road so it is ALWAYS busy. If you're looking for an easy day, request 3rd shift. If you're good at the job, the GM will request you to do 1st shift. The GM will always avoid fault for the driver panel being low, so be prepared when she lays the blame on you. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to work the register, sweep the floor, clean the bathrooms, and do the coffee all at once: BUT IT WILL BE EXPECTED OF YOU. The worst part of leaving this job is leaving behind the coworkers, managers, and customers who become friends. But working here is not worth the emotion and physical toll. AND REMEMBER, even if you don't feel like it... Don't forget to smile.
Pros
Repeat customers, THE PAY, friendly, good hours
Cons
GM, hours, sometimes no days off, dirty, bad management, small lot, complaints, stalkers
love
Co Manager (Former Employee) –  Spiceland, INApril 15, 2016
fast paced, easy to advance, great benefits. I loved working for Pilot I'm crazy for ever thinking it was a good idea to quit.
Pros
quick advancement, good pay
Bad work life balance
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 13, 2016
Expect too much to be done with not enough help. Customers are the only thing that makes this job fun. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.
Competetive
Manager (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHApril 13, 2016
High expectations of employees. Good opportunity to interact with customers. Flexible hours. Opportunities for advancement. Employee incentive programs in place.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Over priced on many items.