Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews

A day in my life
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Hayti, MOJuly 12, 2013
I arrive at work at 10:00pm, sharp. There are no grace minutes for management. Between 10:00pm and midnight I am at the register clearing out the midnight rush, and cleaning our hot food case, in between customers. I am also completing my manager walk and if a salaried manager is unavailable to do End of Day paperwork, it is my job to complete it in that time. By midnight everyone but one cashier and I have gone home. Between the hours of 1:00am and 3:00am, my cashier must completely stock, clean, and prep our deli/coffee area. That includes stocking creamers, sugar packets, lids, straws, and cup. Keeping our coffee fresh. Cleaning our hot dog grills, and ensuring that our deli is rush ready by 4:00am. My time is spent behind the desk running the register so the cashier has as much undisturbed time as possible. A lot of times that isn't possible, but we try to make it happen. Not only do I have an entire fuel desk to manage I also have a store to run, 8 showers to clean, problems to take care of, and overnight replenishment to do. We cook food 24 hours a day. I have to ensure that food is always available. If breakfast runs low, I have to restock the hot case. If we sell out on pizza I have to cook a new one. Once the deli is complete, I look over my game plan and prioritize. I have to stock the cooler, beer cooler, front face and replenish the shelves. Ensure that our fuel desk is rush ready. Make sure showers are clean and towels are available. Sweep and mop the floor. Carry out our pit stop bathroom program. As always, the customer is job number one. The customer is the most  more... enjoyable part of my job. I meet all kinds of people and hear interesting things every day. I love meeting people and talking. The hardest part of my job is time. You have so much to do, if you run in to a computer issue or any sort of problem it throws you behind and you have to sacrifice time some where to make sure you don't get thrown off track. There are things that have to be and things that can be done at shift change. I, as a manager, have to figure out what needs to come first, and delegate where it's needed to ensure that I have time to do things only I can do. I try to always satisfy myself and my co workers. I feel like the key to good employees is ensuring they know their best qualities. I don't always agree with how my superiors treat other employees, and sometimes me. That is a time when I must take a deep breath and know that if its that important I can take is to their boss to be handled. They sometimes create impossible environments to work it. My mind set has to be stronger than their attitudes.  less
Pros
pay, meeting new people, fast pace
Cons
attitudes of co workers, and customers, night shift, not enough labor hours
Just Don't.
Retail Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Biggs Junction, OregonSeptember 12, 2015
I worked for this company for a year. I had a stressful position, with a lot of responsibility, but with the right team behind you, it was possible and it started off that way. But when the GM who had trained me left, the whole store was left to flounder for several months, and my job morphed to include many tasks that were NOT mine to do, but I did them in order to help out. When they did finally hire someone to take over, she essentially alienated most of the crew with her behavior, pushed morale even lower with her attitude, and went on to tell most of us busting our butts that we didn't know our jobs. When I had enough and went to put my two week notice in, which any civilized person does when they are leaving a position that is considered management and helps keep the store running, she dismissed me that day, saying she had a 'line of people' waiting to take my position and she didn't need me anymore. When I filed for unemployment, I was told by the State that she said I had abandoned my job. Needless to say, with the right people in management, the job isn't so bad, but the wrong people destroy the experience. Middle management is clueless, and really have no idea what is going on at the store level because managers always have a head's up when they are coming and do their best to be on their best behavior and not allow employees to really talk with them. There is no typical day at work - you are running full steam ahead, all day long, from one catastrophe to another, fixing pump issues, cleaning showers, dealing with vendors, covering for people who don't show  more... up and trying to keep the store stocked and clean. I worked in the retail industry for almost 20 years and the disrespect I was shown at this company made it so I won't go back. I watched promising young people, who wanted to move up in the company, be sabotaged by middle management, pushing them into areas they were not interested in, and then hassling them when their morale fell and they lost interest. The great crew of store management that I started with, who all had hopes of moving up and having their own stores, systematically left because of low morale and no support and bad management.  less
Pros
Busy, hectic, meet people from all over the country and world, some great team members, great views of a gorgeous part of the state
Cons
Poor management, lack of a set schedule and not good at working around your other job or school schedule, no incentives, no free drinks or coffee, no bonuses or recognition for a job well done, poor management
Lazy workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 29, 2013
I like my job because I get to have adult time (most of the time) and the hours I can work isn't an issue. I am one of the hardest workers there. I take pride in my work no matter what I am doing. I don't stand around, I don't text on my phone. I get what I need to get done, done and it looks awesome. I've noticed all of the manager or team leaders don't have kids if they do the kids are adults (1 manager). I have tried to be a team lead, was told to open up my availability so I did got another excuse. They only want people without kids and brains. I don't take bull from anyone, not even the managers or team leaders. If I see something that needs to be done and I have been doing my job and miss teeheehee is over there talking to her friends I will let tell her to go do that job. I have told the GM that I do that and he is fine with it. It seems to me too that they (managers, team leads) are afraid of hurting peoples feelings (making them work). I'm not you came to do a job. I have been a loyal employee for 9 months. I have been late 1 time and called off 1 time. I have picked up shift of people that call of regularly. Had one girl work there for 3 months called off probably a month and a half of that time. She quit she didn't get fired. I haven't gotten a raise since I have been there. I work my buns off for 8 bucks an hr. There is another employee that has been there for 3 yrs and hasn't gotten a raise. I do this job to get me time. I have been a SAHM for 12 yrs and needed to get out of the house. I feel bad for the others that actually work and is trying to support their families  more... on this pay. Also, the GM, managers, team leaders and deli hosts get a bonus if they sell so much coffee and deli products which is bull since us cashiers are the ones making and selling the products. The deli host is only there for a few hrs a day. I usually work evening and in the 9 months I have been there I have only seen her two times.  less
Pros
getting out of the house, a few friendships i have developed
Cons
everything else
Company that suffers from Corporate and Store Management, Otherwise OK
Overnight Team Leader, Cashier, Restaurant Crew (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MD and Harrisburg, PAAugust 15, 2012
The majority of the problems of this company seem to come from the way the stores are ran. The say their primary focus is on customer service, yet the way the stores are ran don't support that. Many of the services and products offered to customers are designed to nickel and dime them.

----------------------------- NEGATIVES ------------------------------------------------
As far as the employment side, training is very poor; often times rushed in a very short amount of time. Most are often hired as part time in order to prevent them from gaining benefits. Hours and shifts can vary greatly every week, some can work up to just below 40 while some may not even get more than 10; often switching between 1st and 2nd, and sometimes 3rd shift. There is also no overnight differential, despite the great difference in what overnight does compared to the day and evening shifts. Management also tends to show favoritism as well.

------------------------------- POSITIVES ---------------------------------------------
Co-workers are friendly and fun to work with; probably the best part of the job. Customers can vary between nice and crazy, but again that's standard for a gas station/truck stop. Average starting pay is usually around 8.50hr, which isn't bad for these kinds of jobs.

Overall it's an okay job, but isn't reliable. I wouldn't recommend working here unless your okay with having a wild work schedule and deal with lousy managers.
Pros
free refills on drinks during shift (after initial purchase), 50% discount on restaurant meals during shift, 90 day benefits for full time employees
Cons
poor management, amount of hours and shifts can vary weekly, poor raises, very little opportunity for advancement
Decent place to work but bad management.
Deli Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Mill Hall, PASeptember 20, 2013
On a typical day at work I go into work and get our sales numbers from the previous day. I help in the back with anything they are behind on. At 12pm the team members leave and I am alone. I move quickly back and forth between the kitchen and the deli keeping up with both areas. Around 4pm help comes in, I go on break, come back and stock and clean in the deli to help the person closing.
I have learned how to work with a team to get the job done along with how to manage a team of workers. Another thing I learned was how to keep track of products and how to identify when there is a problem in the back or when items are walking out the door without being paid for.
Management is why I am posting my resume. I am tired of not being respected and leaving work in tears because I am stressed or hurt. When I first started working there I really liked the management, but there is a lack respect for some employees and I seem to be one now. I do everything that I am physically and mentally capable to do, but day in and day out I'm only put down, there is no positive and I don't feel it is right.
I have good relationships with some of my co-workers, when I get behind some of the cashiers with lend me a hand out on the deli to help me get caught up, and I will do the same for them. I have a team member who has been employed there 6 years and has no respect for me, getting her to do her job is still a challenge I am working on without any help from management.
Recently our hours have been cut, dealing with that and trying to get a routine schedule for my team members to keep the deli running
  more... properly, and all the team members to work to the best of their ability to get everything done is my biggest challenge.
I enjoy working out in the deli getting to talk to customers and help them with what they are looking for. I like building friendships with our drivers who come in regularly.
Poor experience/customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McDonald, TNAugust 20, 2015
Pilot Flying J is a gas station, so you kind of already know how the job will be. Upon interviewing, I advised the manager I was a full time student so my availability would be somewhat limited. She said that would not be a problem and wanted me to start right away. I accepted the job then soon regretted my decision. I loved the customers, and working the cash register and so far, my schedule was pretty good. Once school started however, everything took a turn for the worst. I was getting scheduled until 11, but I also had 8am classes, so that was too late. I spoke to my manager several times about this, and she kept saying she understood and would fix my schedule until the week came along, and sure enough, I was scheduled until 11 again. I was also only working one day on the weekend, as was everyone else, then that changed to both weekends. So needless to say, that wasn't going to work out. They recently added self check outs as well, but someone had to stand there to assist customers. If you left your post to help a customer on the register (because some things could not be done at the self check out) the manager would yell at you to get back to your post. It was the most frustrating job I have ever had. I have never gotten into trouble for assisting a customer. I have always been drilled that the customer comes first, and should be helped in anyway possible, as they should. The manager would also try to force people to use their self check outs instead of the register. I could not believe that. Customer service is obviously not their priority.
Pros
Fast paced work environment
Cons
Face paced enviroment to work for, I prefer it. Customer service, I love to do. Interacting with customers and showing them my southern hospitality.
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 24, 2013
Typical day at pilot is like walking into a black friday sale. We were always busy, so at times- yes, it could get a bit difficult. I've learned so many things throughout my 8yrs with this company, some personal, and some job related. The most important to me, was that they actually opened up my eyes to all the different things I was capable of accomplishing. My co-workers were all awesome, and the management crew was all smart and talented- at one point. The hardest part my job was that I didnt always have enough help during my shifts. They could be over staffed in the mornings, but when I arrive; theres nothing done. I understood that the "reason being" was they had higher sales percentages than the evenings, but when you have 2 spare cashiers, up to 3 managers and a merchandiser... It didnt and still doesnt add up to me. But what I favored the most out of a typical day, was interacting with customers. Especially the drivers that has a home, has a family...But they just cant be at home everynight to feel that. So I strike up conversation, and try to make them feel not so down and out. And usually, 9 times out of 10- thats all they want.Starting off alone, driving miles and miles, behind the wheel of a semi hours on down the road.....And when they reach their destination; theyre still alone. It jus makes me feel good, that I made someones day jus by conversation.
Pros
half off our meals at subway #436
Cons
not enough staffing when needed
all they care about is the all mighty dollar!!
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport, MIAugust 19, 2015
I spent over 5 years with this company at the Nadeau road location and they went through managers faster than they changed gas prices!! They will use and abuse you until they have no more use for you because they can hire in someone off the street a lower wage and replace you. They flew me all over the country opening up new locations and put me up in these roach motels and no one knowing weather I was coming or going and fighting to get plane tickets or car rentals. The straw that broke my back was being suspended for working off the clock???? I was assistant general manager with a ridiculous labor that must be met and to help I would come in at 6 am but did not punch in till 630 or 700. You punished those who stand up for your company and believe in it and are committed to it. WHAT PLANET ARE THEY FROM!!!!
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!
THEY ARE CHEAP JERKS WHO DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU

JUST LOOK AT THE CEO AND ALL THE TROUBLE THE COMPANY IS IN WITH THE FBI FOR RIPING OFF ALL OF THOSE PROFFESIONAL DRIVERS AND NOT PAYING FOR ANY OF THEIR REBATES TOTALLING IN THE MILLIONS.

AND YES THAT WAS THE SAME TIME THAT THE CEO ALSO WENT OUT AND BOUGHT THE CLEVELAND BROWNS FOOTBALL TEAM.

GO TRY LOVES OR TA I KNOW YOU WILL BE SO MUCH HAPPIER AND YOUR WALLETS WILL THICKER BECAUSE THEY KNOW HOW TO RUN A COMPANY
Pros
THER IS NOT ONE PRO!!!
Cons
YOU WILL NEVER GET THAT TIME YOU WASTED THERE BACK!!!
Good Learning Experience for 1st timers
Restaurant Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Fernley, NVJune 22, 2014
I worked at Pilot for over 3 years, it was my first job at age 16. I was making minimum wage and never saw a raise unless there was an increase in minimum wage. when i turned 18 i asked to take over for a manager who had recently left. I interviewed and did the training and was promoted to a restaurant lead. They gave me a raise of 0.25 for training and said i would see another raise after i finished. after i finished they gave me an 0.18 raise..... WOW. i did more than lead work, I scheduled employees, interviews, hired and disciplined. I managed invoice, supplies and incentives for employees. I LOVED my direct supervisor( the restaurant manager) so i was happy to help with the load, but i hardly ever got appreciation from the general manager ( i wasnt looking for praise, but didnt want to be criticized or talked down to on a regular basis) luckily that general manager left before i did. I finally gave my notice to move out of town for school, they ended up hiring someone from outside the company to replace me and offered her almost $1.00 more than i was making an hour, rather than promoting someone i reccomended to do the job. I agreed to train the new person and she never showed,.... Karma i say. I left soon after and eventually they promoted the person i recommended. all in all, i think this place is perfect for a first job but opportunity for advancement or decent pay is like pulling teeth.
Would not recommend
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MississippiJune 2, 2014
No Life with this comany. Typical day is clock in, hit the floor running, either ringing up customers, making sure showers are clean, gas pumps are clean, stocking floor, stocking cooler, making sure deli is stocked, making sure restarurant is serving customers and production in correct, taking out trash inside and out, making custormers are taken care or quckly and friendy. Being yelled at by GM because he may have to run a register while you are handleing a customer complaint or trying to help a customer with their fuel because the pump has broken down again. Then yells at you because he cannot leave early. GM sits in office playing games or checking his facebook while store is busy. Labor reduced bcause company has lawsuits at corporate level totaling in the millions of dollars, GM say your doing a great job and stabs you in the back if RM complains about something not being done. GM borrows money from you and never pays back. Wonder how he can run a business when he can't take care of his own finances. Never being able to eat or take a lunch, GM takes a hour wether you short haded or not and then goes to bathroom for 30 minutes. Handle all messups at register because GM doesn't know what he is going.
Pros
drivers and customers
Cons
insurance is not good (expensive) unethcial upper management

Want to know more about Pilot Flying J?

Ask a question
Waste of time, energy, and sanity.
Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 24, 2013
RM will rope you in with empty promises. GM's and Co's will take credit for your work, successes and mystery shops. No raises. No hospitality. This is supposed to be a hospitality based company, but hospitality begins at home. If you cannot treat your employees well then your customers suffer. The great personalities and awesome hospitality towards guests comes from the lower management and the crew members. Upper Management have no skills in this department. A thankless job. Do NOT put yourself or your family through this experience. Keep looking there are better jobs anywhere. I watched them fire people with things they had set them up for. I witnessed mgmt shorting safes in order to blame Team Leaders and fire them. I witnessed them firing employees and then trying to claim they quit when it came to the unemployment hearings. I witnessed Managers stealing items daily yet writing people up for being sick with a doctor note. But other employees could get away with anything as long as they were friends with upper management. The anonymous employee hotline is neither anonymous or safe. Afterwards they gun for your dismissal.
Pros
i looked better then other managers, because i was forced to buy my own shirts, from the department store without being reimbursed, and having them ruined with the pilot logo.
Cons
every blessed aspect of the job was a con!

Comment – June 29, 2013

that is so true i'm going through some stuff with our store right now. and all i keep getting told is the problem is getting taken care of. i just keep thinking that the wrong problem is getting taken care of and I'm the one who's going to lose my job even though I bust my tail feathers every day and work harder then most of the people there.

Enjoyed working with the customers,didnt recieve the advancement I was promised.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson AZSeptember 5, 2015
For me a in a typical work day I :
• Provided excellent customer service
• Managed Inventory
• Preformed Daily Cashier Audits
• Filed a daily labor cost report
• Ran a Weekly up-sell percentage tracker
• Utilized a Break sheet
• Implemented our team deployment chart.( To keep everyone where they best served during “peak” hours.)
• Delegated tasks as follows:
• Ensured excellent customer service was priority number one.
• Ensured work environment was safe and clean.
• Prepared food, stocked supplies, operated the cash register.
• Ensured food was fresh and not expired by checking dates and maintaining temperature logs.
• Collaborated with peers and supervisor for the overall success of the restaurant.
While working for PFJ I acquired some new management skills in a Management development program. Upper management staff members were professional,and to the point.
My real daily motivation breaker was being promised advancement after much hard work and never receiving it. To make matters worse, I found out about set actions via corporate voicemail and was never addressed in person. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the professional drivers and families that came in every day.
Pros
50% discount on one food purchace on the clock.
Cons
False advancement oppertunaties.
Poorly Managed
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Big Springs, NEMay 22, 2015
On a typical day in maintainence, day shift will be covered, night shift gets one person to do a majority of the work, and if its not done, you are held accountable. I learned through this store location, that the GM is not customer driven, nor driver driven, but is driven by bonuses. The GM doesn't do raises or reviews for a majority of his staff unless you happen to be his best friend at work and off the clock. I have witnessed female co workers being treated much more different than the men. Hardest part of the job is knowing no matter how hard you work, or how well you do for this corporation, they do not show their appreciation, nor do they acknowledge hard work or loyalty. And if an employee is having a work related issue, management simply walks away and avoids dealing with the issue altogether (women are lucky to even have theirs listened to). The best part of the job was serving the customers, listening to them, resolving issues when needed, and seeing them leave with a smile on their face, or laughing. A business, a corporation should never forget about their customers, nor an employee who interacts daily with customers when others simply don't.
Pros
Hours worked, employee discount, independent position
Cons
Poor management, no room for advancement/recognition, unfair treatment to female employees, management doesnt resolve issues, poor store attitude/atmosphere
Friendly bosses, and a great team to work with
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIJune 24, 2015
Starting the day I would have a wide range of tasks to do, that would help me learn how to do new things and if i made a mistake it would be ok. Learning to fix pumps, how to use different tools. Managers teaching me how to be great with customers. Reading the my board explaining how to better yourself along with reading all the great things people have done to make our customers feel welcome. The management team, obviously everyone they hire is very friendly and smart, i have learned so much from each person that was above me. So many knowledgeable people from different backgrounds, makes me feel like i was in school and learning so much. The co-workers are always fun, we are like one big family, making jokes but being serious most of the time because it is a business. The hardest part of the job is meeting all the demands from the higher up bosses as well as making sure the customers are very happy at the same time, but with the great training they provide and the team work that is found at Pilot Flying J we are able to complete those tasks, making us all better employees. I believe the most enjoyable part of my job is the different challenges that I am allowed to take on without the fear of messing up and getting fired. They truly understand that no one is perfect and that you have to start some where and Pilot Flying J is a great place to start.
Pros
the team you work with
Cons
getting dirty
A very odd enviroment, not a whole lot of respect.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJanuary 3, 2015
A typical day at work is just starting out the day with taking care of guests right away, with some coworkers giving attitude. I learned that what guests say to you isn't always your fault, some things you can't control but try to let them know we're trying to improve the experience for them as best we can. I would have to say the management is pretty mediocre, if you do something they don't like, they let the whole staff know and humiliate you with no remorse. My coworkers change all the time, and I barely get to hold a close relationship with them, I try to, but it's clear they show no interest. The hardest part about my job is that I've been working there for almost two years now, and I haven't been offered any signs of "moving up" or offers of a possible raise. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be how fast the day goes by when it's constantly busy.
Pros
health insurance is offered, 50% off work-made food, employee gift-cards
Cons
no compliments, zero disapline
Workhorse environment and low pay
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Grantsville, MDSeptember 3, 2013
Each day I worked there, I usually received a scorned or rude greeting from a particular supervisor. I would clock in, get my radio/walkie on and make my rounds throughout the store. Everyday I would check the deli (make sure coffee was hot and fresh, hot dogs were stocked and cooked, aisles were front faced with product, etc.). I did learn the pros and cons of being a part of management and how it affected my co-workers and myself. I personally believe the uniform made others feel they had a sense of power "go to their head" and it became difficult to work with. Management was decent when it came to time off or personal issues. The co-workers who I supervised were excellent however co-workers that were "equal" to me were not so friendly. The hardest part of my job was to maintain the store and the stampede of Megabus customers with just myself and 1 cashier. There were nights I worked until 1 am and I was responsible for so much work and it would cause problems the following day. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was closer to my place of residence.
Pros
decent pay, ability to work alone, connecting with co-workers.
Cons
poor management, often understaffed, treated more like a workhorse.
Productive working place with many possibilities to grow within.
Deli Host/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 12, 2015
While working at Pilot Flying J a typical day for me would start at about 5 a.m. Monday thru Friday ending at 1 p.m. . I would come in stock the deli display refrigerator, then I would stock all coffee supplies as needed. After doing so I would clean up my work area and greet customers upon entrance and exit until 9 a.m. . After 9 a.m. I would then do a deli pull for the next day and get everything restocked for the next shift. By 11 a.m. I would help cashiers upon request or as needed. Working at Pilot allowed me to build better people skills along with becoming a good salesman. The management was also and caring and very understanding. My c0-workers welcomed me with open arms from the beginning to the end. The hardest part of the job most definitely was dealing with the grumpy truck drivers, never once did that affect how I treated they were always welcomed with open arms. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was capable of making their day as easy as possible.
Pros
discounted meals, great benefits.
Cons
short break.
The drivers were fun and my coworkers were hard working for the most part.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCFebruary 2, 2016
The drivers kept the lines pumping and the conversations flowing. It was good to speak to people from all over the US and Canada. I learned a lot about check cashing and operating a register. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the GM. She treated everybody like garbage and cared only about sitting in her office in the back and not being disturbed by employees or customers. The most aggravating part of the job was hearing the GM ask over the com if the restrooms smelled when all she had to do was walk over and check for herself. Apply only if you have no other option. Pilot will welcome you with open arms, chew you up and spit you out without a care in the world.
Pros
a paycheck...the turnover is high and you will get hours
Cons
management does as little as possible, management will not help with lines, management will call maintenance to pick up a piece of paper off the floor instead of doing it, management will short drawers and then complain about the cashiers not doing their jobs right, management takes extended lunches for hours at a time away from the store
Exhausting work for inadequate pay.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 17, 2016
In a typical day at work as a maintenance employee at the Flying J in Grand Forks consists of:

Pulling trashes inside and outside, including all cardboard boxes emptied by individuals stocking shelves.

Cleaning the Showers after every use sometimes totaling 40-50 showers per shift.

Cleaning the restrooms.

Cleaning up trash/debris outside in the summer, to include sweeping curb lines and around fueling stations. In the winter this includes shoveling/plowing the sidewalks/parking lot, salting the sidewalks to keep them free of ice.

Fixing hoses, breakaways and nozzles at the fueling stations, should they break.

Keeping windshield washer fluids by the fueling station full as well as replace squeegees once worn out.

Cleaning store windows, watering outside plants and other property beautification.
Pros
Never boring, always something to do.
Cons
Terrible management that did not work with employees when scheduling around Guard drill weekends, court dates or health issues, No employee discount, rude and racist customers. Generally not a good work environment.
Pilot Travel Centers Jackson
Co Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 14, 2013
Worked for four years with Pilot Travel Centers, you can do any job and will if you are management. If you get in with the right member of management the job is easy. If you get in on your morals than your road is rough. Quality of life is only for certain favorites. I lost my quality of life the day they hired a woman who's husband ran love's truck stop. She is still there to this day and has managed to run off top quality managers and employees if they defiy her in anyway. She still can not do any of the three jobs that she has attempted and is still allowed to stay on board while jeapordizing other associates and managers careers. She was the shift leader then RSS then Deli manager now again the RSS and still can not do her job. If you are an outside manager coming in, you can get paid more, even if you never managed a truck stop. Most managers coming in got paid $15,000 more than myself. They will hold down and not promote you if you have any visits that go wrong in their eyes. Also you may get decriminated against, men are usually made to do more than ladies, plus there are a lot of double standards.
Cons
had to work on lunch breaks

Comment – July 15, 2013

Later found out the woman who double crossed me also sabotaged my interview with Love's too. Seem that she has made friends all over so be careful if your wanting to work at this Pilot.