Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews

Great opportunities for advancement
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILJanuary 22, 2018
Great place to work. I have definitely reapplied in hopes to work for this company again. Although the typical day was pretty busy and eventful the management was very helpful.
Was a great job
Fuel Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 20, 2018
In the last six months Pilot has lost their respect for their fuel drivers. They are trying to screw us every way possible on money WE EARN! Drivers at other companies are more respected. This is a recent problem and I used to love my job. Whomever is calling the shots is an idiot!
Pros
Has potential
Cons
Don't care about drivers
Fast friendly clean
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYJanuary 20, 2018
Great place I you can deal with drivers and management that plays favorites way too much. You will never feel good enough or appreciate. If you can't deal with that then don't even talk to the gm
fast paced at times, friendly
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 20, 2018
A regular day could consist of many things meet with gm or mgr to find out priority areas stock and face shelves .deli area, any extra cleaning to be done. cashiers what need to be stocked or cleaned. Fuel attendants what pumps to work, who is doing showers, trash and in store cleaning.
good company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2018
I was enjoy working with the customers because we have some regular customers.they were friendly well mannered was very busy made my day go faster with no strees
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
This is a fun place to work amazing group of ppl
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJanuary 19, 2018
The only problem with this job is there is A LOT expected from you with low pay. And the team work is very horrible. Other than that this is an amazing place to work great company and they do NOT just treat you like a number there you are more of family they are caring and do there best to satisfy your availability
Pros
It's a pay check great people benefits
Cons
Pay
Management needs improvement in many areas.
GSL (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NEJanuary 18, 2018
The upper management team is combative and this makes the work environment very negative and morale is non existent. Promises made are never kept and this keeps enthusiasm and willingness to complete needed tasks and goals from happening. "Lead by example" only applies to a very few and defiantly not upper management. Would have liked to see office managers on the floor feeling the pain instead of pounding out orders to insure thier help wasn't needed.
Productive n nice place to be working
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2018
I love the business n it company and all offer but management is poor. And a lot of criticism and favoritism between coworkers but I love to work because I love pilot fj
Pros
Discount on lunch meal
Cons
Short breaks
They allow their managers to scream in employees faces!
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNJanuary 18, 2018
Extremely poor management! Everyone is for themselves! I was let go for walking away from a situation where a manager screamed in my face for simply asking a question, because she felt her deli staff didn’t treat her like a manager and I wasn’t her deli staff!!! No appreciation for anyone in that place even when you go above and beyond your duties! The new GM is the most demeaning and self righteous person I’ve yet to meet!
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Although it was busy a lot , this place you got to meet a lot of people from everywhere since they are traveling and would stop to get gas or food to eat. I met a lot of nice and interesting people.
dont know how to run the company
Guest Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJanuary 18, 2018
really poor management hired too many people and all part time people got 10-20 hours almost never see upper management and poor communication about schedule
bad mangament
Lead Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 17, 2018
This is not a good place there r lazy mangers lazy employees that don't do anything but what they want they take long breaks and leave the job a mess Not a great place too work
Pros
don't work there
Cons
bad mangament
Fun and Energetic Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Everyday is a busy day you open your register and begin to assist customers if you have more than 3-5 customers in your line you are to call for help, I learned how to be a team member and also be competitive in the workplace , everyone is easy going we worked as a team and a family , the hardest part of the job is dealing with the drivers unwanted advances towards the girls and theft, the most enjoyable part of the job is the relaxed atmosphere and being able to be competitive with your co-workers but also have fun while doing it.
Fast paced environment
Cashier/ Fuel desk operator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, LaJanuary 17, 2018
On a typical day at Pilot you greet hundreds of customers. most of these customers are truck drivers. it is fast paced because you are not just a regular cashier. You have to take food orders, help truckers with fuel purchases, perform western unions, etc
No comment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 17, 2018
i have nothing to say bad or good about the Pilot other than i enjoyed my time there. it is a nice placefor a second job that is if you can deal with rude people everyday.
Fast pace
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 17, 2018
Pilot is a very busy company the only downtime you have is if you work the grave yard shift. I worked every department they had sometimes I would work 16 hours in a day depending if there was enough help. I never minded the long hours
Horrible Management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clyde, NCJanuary 16, 2018
When I worked here the management was horrible l. Since I have left the management has changed. I enjoyed getting to know different people from all over the country.
Pros
Discount at subwat
Lead Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Plot was a great place to work, I had fun and learned allot. I made many friends and would recommend this job to any one. You will be expected to work tho, over the years the expected work out put has increased with no increase in labor hours. I would say this is the biggest down fall of this job.
Pros
50% off lunch, great work environment, friendly people
Cons
Hard to advance if you have a back ground
Fun place but understaffed
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Roland, OKJanuary 14, 2018
Pilot was definitely fast paced. The one I worked at was small and for the business that they had needed a newer updated facility. However, the crew and management was great! There were opportunities for advancement I seas sorry to have passed upon due to relocation.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Too small
GM Does Not Manage Personnel
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 13, 2018
The General Manager is more of a shift leader than a GM. They stock shelves and cashier but do not adequately manage personnel. Most shift managers are just "happy to be there" and do not strive for great customer service and ultimate productivity from subordinates. This store reminds me of a little "Payton Place" environment.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Managers do not pull their weight

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Flying J. Our community is ready to answer.