Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews

Overall a good comany to work for
GUEST SERVICE LEADER (Current Employee) –  Big Lake, TXNovember 3, 2015
Overall this seems to be a good company to work for. Coworkers are nice to get along with. Hardest part of the job is being able to complete daily tasks while taking care of customers, giving them the best service possible.
Great work Place
Fleet Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 30, 2015
This is a very successful and thriving company. Management is great and always understanding. The people here are very professional. If you enjoy a fast pace fast growing company this is a great place.
Great Job
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNOctober 29, 2015
This was a great job.But mostly a dead end. Over time just became fed up with a lack of forward movement. But at first I was bank roiling.
Pros
Meeting Intereating People.
Cons
Meeting angry truck drivers.
Great place to work for young adults
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAOctober 26, 2015
Usually pretty steady with customers traveling and drivers coming in to get fuel. In this job, I have learned how to operate different types of machines that ables me to be more productive in my job. The management is pretty strong. Only issue with it, is that when the schedule is made by the manager, he doesn't pay attention to any work/school schedule that his employees give him. He schedules them to work when they can't and when something is said, he acts like he doesn't care or gets upset because you can't work. Co-workers are awesome. We all usually work pretty good together and get a lot accomplished in a days work. The hardest part of the job is learning how to do the job. Once you learn how to do the job, it is pretty easy. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different people and being able to make someone's day with a simple smile.
Fun Fast Passed Environment
Team Leader / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 25, 2015
Management was amazing at Pilot, always opportunity to move up on the line. Staff was friendly and worked well together, customers were always satisfied.
Customer Satisfaction
Cashier (Former Employee) –  priceville, alOctober 25, 2015
Customers always came first. Not every customer was a good one, but we always treated them with full respect. Always had something to do. Working thirds wasn't always busy. Bringing in new customers into regulars was all up to the cashiers and their well behavior. Co-workers were either really civil or always complained about their job. The best part about being there was being able to meet new people. Gaining new trusts with the people coming into Pilot. I'll never forget the great folks that i've met.
Pros
N/A
management was really good
Sales Accountant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 21, 2015
the workplace was very professional, management was great. overall great place to work,sometimes the daily mail got overloaded because we were assigned 26 stores and like 15 resturants
Pros
got all the overtime you wanted
Cons
n/a
Great Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sturbridge, MAOctober 21, 2015
Although you have to have very thick skin to work at a Pilot the company is overall great to work for. Great benefits, good management, flexible schedule. The regulars are what made it worth while along with the coworkers. Once a new manager stepped in the whole place went down hill. Everyone hated their jobs and didn't have the drive to go to work anymore. It became dull and miserable.
Pros
Good hours, pay, customers, atmosphere.
Cons
New management is awful, changed everything and made it worse.
Fun Workplace
Deli member (Former Employee) –  Sayre, OKOctober 20, 2015
They worked with my schedule when I had difficulties finding a babysitter. I loved working there. The manager was attentive, and my co-workers were the best. They understood when I said that I would be late, or couldn't come in at all. I was able to maneuver around the store to learn more about a different area. I always felt like I belong, like I was needed and not jus an employee that works there.
Job Location
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Statesvillie AveOctober 19, 2015
Make Sure customer have the right information when they have to pick up a check or any etc or form. Pilot is a former truck stop at different locations on some exits and they have subway in there just for truck stops or regular customers who may eat or purchase anything
Pros
Great Benefits and also discounts of Hotels
Cons
Okay company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAOctober 18, 2015
The company has a decent management structure but doesn't care much about their employees or hire ones who enjoy doing their job. It's a task to take on more tasks than necessary just to get the job done because of other employees lack of motivation as well as managements.
you are never bored
Monitor sales (Former Employee) –  NashvilleOctober 13, 2015
I like working with people and enjoy do the paper work and balanceing the store at night it a chalange. The company is very damading on the management team but the people that would make good managers they pass over because the can pass the test that make no sence at all
Always very busy and very fun environment
Guest Service Leader, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 9, 2015
It was an exciting job, the truckers can be a little mean at times but other than that, it was a fun job. You have to be full of energy, its fast paced.
Fast paced environment with no recognition
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Kanona, NYOctober 5, 2015
The trucking industry is a major part in every business across America. Serving the drivers in a fast and friendly manner can sometimes be very strenuous. They are constantly on the road and missing their families, in turn, their stress is taken out on the people they deal with in businesses like Pilot. Although, with a business being set at a constant fast pace, it is a very exciting position.
enjoy working with a great staff
Manager (Current Employee) –  dexter miOctober 4, 2015
daily task, customer service , greet customers, help them with all there wants and needs, fun and great work place, enjoy working with a great crew, I feel the crew works as a team, Just wish they had a closer location to send me to. The drive is too far.
benefits
Cons
to far to drive
Multi-Tasking is Your Friend
Hostess/Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Caddo Valley, AROctober 3, 2015
This job is great if you're looking for something that you can always stay busy in..
(Great people, lots of room to advance, always something to do)
Pros
Always something to do, management is great, ROOM TO ADVANCE
Cons
It seems like everyone gets hired here (rude co-workers)
promised more than i got
shift leader/manager (Former Employee) –  lodi,caOctober 3, 2015
under paid for the work i provide.I was told my work was above average,and my raise was .30cents. I outperformed a manager making 17.00hr.,,,,,but still got -30cent raise.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
pay
Awful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temple GaSeptember 30, 2015
I don't have anything good to say about working at Flying J. There were a couple a good people I met while working there, but that is it. Management is awful. Corporate is awful. A bunch of liars, cheats and backstabbers. I wouldn't recommend that store to go into or that company to work for to anyone. I don't even buy that gas anymore
Fast paced
Deli Team Member (Current Employee) –  CastaicSeptember 29, 2015
fast paced, hands on, lots of interaction with customers.
management not very organized at the moment but working on it
not alot of fun
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 29, 2015
The age discrimination was very hard to deal with, but being able to help the customers made it well worth it. I wasn't a big fan of dealing with the toaster or ovens but it was worth it to see the smiles on each customers faces.
Pros
working with the customers
Cons
the discrimination