Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews

Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Roberts, WIOctober 6, 2017
Great company that demands a lot of work from team members.
It's a nice place to work when it is fully staffed, but rarely ever is.
Fun, fast paced environment. Low staffing levels create large work load for team members.
tiffany's review
(dba Pilot Flying J) cashier / deli (Former Employee) –  Ruther Glen, VAOctober 4, 2017
it was good over all besides some of the managers make it hard to work there when they come in to work in a bad mood and take it out on their workers.
Pros
discounts, meet nice people, different stuff everyday
Cons
no advancement
Friend Club
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Tallapoosa, GAOctober 3, 2017
They really don't value their customer. Management would rather be friends with their employees than regulating food safety processes. If the person looking for a job wants to get paid good without really having to care about responsibility of even washing their hands then this is the job for them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management
Good place if you have nowhere else to go.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Ledge, MISeptember 28, 2017
The work is not hard. But it is work. The people are great to be around for the most part. They do their best to work with any restrictions that are reasonable.
Pilot travel Centers llc
GSL1 (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 28, 2017
Pilot as a whole seems to be a great company. I loved working with my staff and serving my guest. However with constant broken promises and out right mistruths its hard to work there for very long leading to high turn over rate. Furthermore its hard to stay motivated to work hard and push your team to do the same when people are brought in from out side sources and not promoted from with in.
Great place to work fast pace, alot of friendly customers and employees
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 27, 2017
One of the best jobs, great support and development of employees and customers and vendors. We worked hard to develop a great relation with the Trucking industry.
no maganment skills
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 27, 2017
it was not a good experiecene meet some good workers there but the managment team was not the best they did value there employes like the should have i hope they get better
Fun and love the different people I meet.
lead night supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hayti, MOSeptember 26, 2017
Pay needs to be higher. Raises need to be consistent and the lower management is very unprofessional and lazy. The general manager is great but the lower management wants to see him fail. It's very sad at how they act with the job title they have.
Cons
Pay is too low for all the work duties.
Terrible place to work i was miserable the whole time but i needed a job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg vaSeptember 25, 2017
Very nerve racking not enough pay. I hated it customers are very difficult you need to have special quality's to work where truck drivers frequent I hated the place and never want to work there again
fast paced work environment
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2017
assist professional drivers with all transactions, help drivers authorize or cash checks,
I learned the importance of good leadership in management in order for a business to operate smoothly
Negative and Dirty place to work
Guest Service Lead (Former Employee) –  North Lima, OHSeptember 25, 2017
I felt it was a very dirty atomphere to work in and the employees were not very friendly. Was to receive full time hours and got under 30 hours a week. Offered benefits put they were very high in price and did not cover very much. The training there or lack of wwas the worst I have every seen!
Pros
There are no pros to working there pay is not bad.
Cons
hours, training, employees, etc.
Horrible place to work
GSL2 (Former Employee) –  Austinburg, OHSeptember 25, 2017
I worked for this company for 10 plus years! I never called off ,did every postion, relocated 5 times. Was acting as GSM without pay for over three months.After I turned down the job. I worked everyweekend for 8 months. Beside the three weekends I requested off!! Work up til three days before having my child. Basically I gave them my life just to get thrown out like a piece of trash. I fell for a western union scam. A scam I had nothing to do with. I didn't receive the money. Lost my job over money I did not take. This company is all about men!! They don't care about you at all. I learned the hard way I was just a number. This company excepts greatness while short staffing us everyday. This company does not give the labor that should be aloud. I go into smaller and slower stores that have way less volume yet have more people working then we do. They say they take care of employees which they dont!!! Your just a number to them!!! Very very very Horrible company
My View
Assistant Retail Manager/Regional Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Remington, INSeptember 24, 2017
Fast passed but very inconsistent. Required to cover other shifts without notice. Very demanding management that would not train well and set you up for success.
Flexible Place to Work
Customer Service Associate/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Byron, GASeptember 22, 2017
I liked pilots flexibility. I was able to attend school, always worked 40hrs a week. Good management. Great learning exp. I was young and learned a lot
Gm sucks!
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Girard, OHSeptember 22, 2017
The gm isVery childish, doesn't know how to schedule, doesn't know how to listen to your requests, very rude, and selfish. People there are two faced.
Pros
Flying j side employees
Cons
Everything else
Unsafe and unprofessional
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IASeptember 21, 2017
I worked overnights, so imagine being all alone at a truck stop on an interstate known for human trafficking. Lots of creeps, lots of unwanted advances from the customers. Absolutely no help from the travel center. Management fell into the job an had absolutely no idea what they were doing. Employees were constantly being thrown under the bus to save the managers from getting in trouble. Neither subway nor Pilot ever checked in on the store to make sure things were running properly. Employees were often pressured to keep food past the expiration time to avoid getting each other in trouble for overprepping products that didn't sell. Didn't receive the money I was owed when I quit. Had to practically beg for my w2.
Pros
Half off food while you're working.
Cons
lots of drug addicts and creeps at 3 am
ok
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILSeptember 21, 2017
Pilot Travel Centers was my first retail management job. dealing with many transaction of over a $1000 a day was something different for me. Ok place to work.
Says employees come first while putting them last
Corporate Team Member (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 20, 2017
Need to focus more on changing their management culture instead of just talking about it. Women cannot succeed in this company. Nepotism and good old boy network.
Pros
New office building
Cons
HR is the only department treated decently
Temporary job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Eaton, OHSeptember 19, 2017
A very good "in between jobs" job. Managers are very friendly but no one really puts in 100% effort and hours are not consistent. Good entry level work experience.
Pros
Pd breaks and discounts
Cons
Working with customers that are in a hurry to get in and out on their terms
nice place to work but the management not very good when i work their
Gas Station Attendant/Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Bloomsbury, NJSeptember 19, 2017
cleaning collecting garbage mopping floors taking care of restroom shower etc.pumping gas cleaning windows sweeping.vacuum the floors anything they need help with. it was a nice management then was bad, think it is different now?
Pros
like doing what i did
Cons
short breaks working days differernt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Flying J. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9