Pilot Flying J Employee Reviews in United States

polite interactions
wendys pilot (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAMay 27, 2016
nice working graveyard
a lot of independent work
fast-pace
management is not very well
co-worker interaction is fun and nice
different customers daily
Pros
customer interactions
Cons
time frame for inventory truck
Friendly accurate service
Food Preparation/ Food Expeditor/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJuly 15, 2016
I enjoyed everyday that I worked there. The team of employees is great and experienced in providing friendly and accurate service.
Great work atmosphere. Always something to do :)
Deli Production Employee/Coffee Host (Current Employee) –  Madera, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Great coworkers. Always something to do. You see all types of people from all over here. I was interviewed and hired on the spot and started the next day :). They train you here. Over all its a great place to work. They have a Cinnabon counter here a Subway Restaurant, they have showers and laundry room. They sell pizza 24 hours a day . They sell all kinds of freshly made food and tons of coffee!
Pros
1 week paid vacation after 1 year, benefits for full and part time employees, they also are willing to work around school schedules for those who are still attending school.
Cons
only 30 min lunch
The perfect pitstop
Cinnabon Employee (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 8, 2016
Pilot Travel Centers is a great place to stop and relieve yourself during those long journeys. From the time you enter until the time you leave you are greeted by friendly people,
Enjoyed meeting different people
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 31, 2016
I enjoyed working for Pilot. My only dislike is I don't feel as if they pay their employees enough. I was a manager and only made 9.50 per hour other than that it was great.
Fun work place
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHAugust 5, 2016
The management at this location just is unorganized, doesn't schedule enough people and doesn't do any consequences for anything you do
Productive, Fun, and Family like enviroment
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Strawberry Plains, TNMay 27, 2016
This Job was my favorite I felt encouraged to better myself and grow in many different fields. I would encourage anyone to give this place a chance.
Its retail
guest services (Former Employee) –  CADecember 11, 2015
Overall its not a bad company to work for. The pay is low, and the truck drivers are hit and miss. Some are really down to earth guys and gals and others, well, they are rude disgusting human beings, but thats anywhere you work.Its fast paced and can be a little tricky at times. Learn the registers as best as you can. Dont bother taking complaints to management as they dont really care and if you call the alert line, it gets funneled to the manager so it still doesn't get addressed.
Manaager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2016
The GM's run the store like its there own bank... Out of 6 GM's I had only one was good. If they treated people better it would be a good company.
Pros
GM never there
Cons
some overtime
good place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 7, 2016
friendly eviroment, paid training out of town, fun and great place to work, fast grew up, team work is awesome, the best place to work in laredo
Pros
exellent copmany
Cons
to far
Family Orientated Atmosphere
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 23, 2016
Pilot was a stepping stone for me. I actually got my experience in the management field. There always opportunity to learn and advance to the next level.
Fast paced, Goal Oriented, Financial Intensity
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCMay 4, 2016
Fast paced business with room for advancement. The People as in any job were the toughest part. Team Members and Guests. Always on call, Hard to get employees who care enough.
Fun place to work
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Stanton, TNMay 22, 2016
Interacted with customers daily. Trained employees, mentored, coached and new hires. Great place to work. Great team members
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Hard to get lunch breaks
Driver Driven
Cashier/Deli Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 3, 2014
I started my job interacting with customers and co-workers. Got the scoop on what duties had been done and duties needed to be done on my shift. I learned multi tasking in all areas of business in order to help out where needed. I assisted management and co-workers where needed we communicated to achieve same goal "Excellent customer satisfaction through teamwork" The most enjoyable part of the job was customer interaction. At a truck stop open 24/7 you get an occasional driver that wants the impossible, the hardest part of the job is finding the right solution to satisfy that driver. "Hard but not impossible"
Pros
benefits/bonuses
Cons
no long term job security
Great work place
Guest Service Lead 3 (Current Employee) –  Stanfield, ORApril 26, 2016
I've worked here for 2 years almost, and it really is a great environment. The hardest part may be dealing with an angry professional driver, but even that isn't that bad.
Pros
Half off Subway, great work environment
Great meeting people from all over the world.
Assistant Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXApril 12, 2016
The company does not care about their employees and is extremely racist. The white employees are shown favoritism. Unfair to minority workers.
Pros
meeting different people
Cons
benefits stink
Definetly keeps you on your heels!!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Latta, SCMay 18, 2016
I love working there and its never a dull moment...just like any job it can get frustrating but I don't hate it either. Come to Pilot Flying J! Great food too!!
Not a very good place to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCMay 8, 2016
Unfriendly management. There is a pointing finger game played at this location no one is ever held responsible for anything done most things were swept under the rug.
Interesting
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  IndianaMay 25, 2016
The day to day activities were a lot different than any typical job.
Get to see different people everyday due to them traveling
Working with individuals with mental and physical disabilities
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake, IAFebruary 25, 2016
I enjoyed working with the individual and to getting to know them. I also made some really good bonds with a lot of the individuals there. I also made some really good friends with the other staff members there.
Pros
Working with the individuals and gaining bonds with many of them
Cons
nothing really

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Flying J. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9