Pilot Logistics Employee Reviews in United States

It was a good place to work
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 24, 2016
The money was good .The hours were sometimes long. The conditions were at times questionable, but hey, it's North Dakota. The equipment was better than average.
very unorganized and management didnt want to listen
frac fuel driver (Current Employee) –  OklahomaFebruary 29, 2016
everybody was fun to work with but the place is very unorganized
and they like to hire too many people and not have enough work
to keep everyone busy. The trucks are not safe and not DOT compliant. They often over load lube trailers and don't like to change
tires on trucks to make them safe
Pros
paid every week
Cons
very unorganized
What you learned.
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LANovember 2, 2015
Learned how to drive on dirt roads, muddy roads, also very tight locations. We worked in the rain, snow, and very cold and hot conditions. We also worked very long hours.
fuel tank wagon driver
fracsite equip fueler (Former Employee) –  NDOctober 7, 2015
I enjoyed working for pilot I learned a lot about d o t regulations for c d l drivers ,learned aboutfrac sites and frac equipment and fueling them also about inventory, usage and billing the client, also learned about batchplants,loading and unloading my tank wagon. learned a lot about safety with my truck, on site, and at the batch plant
I was layed off due to reduction in oil sites reducing number off sites pilot was fueling..
Pros
benefits, lots of hours
Cons
being away from family for long periods
Great company
North Dakota Driver Trainer, FMCSA Instructor (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDSeptember 30, 2015
Worked for Pilot in North Dakota, couldn't say enough about then, big company still treated you like family, take care of you and will be very flexible with family needs.
Pros
Warm company
Cons
unless your in the oil field money is not that great
great as pilot logistics
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jourdanton, TXAugust 4, 2015
was a great company, I left when the company merged with Thomas Oilfield. Heard it pretty much when downhill from there.
Hard work, good people but terrible management
Frac Fueler (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJuly 31, 2015
Working for PTLS was definitely and experience. We start our days at 230am and we dont usually get home until 7pm. Our "shop" is located in Morgantown but the frac sites we work on are located many miles away. A daily drive for us is 70 miles one way. We arrived at location around 5am and stayed until 5pm when the night crew arrived. The job itself involved dragging up to 300 ft of 2 inch thick fuel hose to all of the diesel equipment located on the frac site. Doesnt sound too bad but its heavy and requires a lot of upper body strength. On top of that we worked in any condition; rain, snow, hail, thunder and lightning, 90 degree blaring heat, etc. We also worked 24/7. By that I mean it didnt matter what event, we worked. July 4th, we worked, Christmas, we worked. Fracking doesnt stop for any holiday or social event. A typical work week was about 80+ hours with maybe 1 or 2 days off. The worst part about the job was management. They never knew what was going on, moved us around and caused lots of problems for us on a daily basis. The crew i was on was one of the best in my opinion. The guys were around my age, were fun and we all got along very well. The hardest part was the hours, again a typical day was about 16-17 hours long.
Pros
Company truck to sit in all day, employer allowed rest on the job in shifts.
Cons
management, long hours, weather
Oil and Gas company constatlyhiring
Recruiter / Sourcer Pilot Logistics (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 24, 2015
Behind on recruiting technology. Old school culture. 100% turnover of drivers. Rules change depending on how bad they want it.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No leasership
stressful
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYApril 8, 2015
my boss was never there was always getting told different things when I already knew what to do the company was far from good but I went to work to get stuff done
Good pay and plenty of hours
Frac Fuel Transport Division (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDFebruary 10, 2015
Terrible equipment and no routine maintenance trucks were not available for Transport department and Rig department got all new trucks. Fleet maintenance terrible.
bunch of liers
former employee (Former Employee) –  oklahoma city okJanuary 23, 2015
Dont waste your time or your families time . This company will say one thing and do another . They dont pay what is due for your labor and they have alot of good ol boy system aka nepitism . Beware and if you want to save your mvr this company is not the place to work. This job is high risk to health,family,and life. Stay away if your a driver or frac tech or any position .
Pros
lots of hrs
Cons
but no freedom slave labor
not for people with a life
frac tech (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXDecember 19, 2014
You better working a 9 to 5. the job pays well. but there's not freedom. If you willing to work 120 hours and not complain for a day off this is the job for you. and when you do you'll never work again. caught in a money pit. that's very hard to claw out of. Management care more about cutting your hours then giving you any. Be ready to sit 3 or maybe 5 days a week. to much gossip not enough professional behavior. on a good note you wont be written up for anything.
Pros
no paper work
Cons
everything else
Good Company
Wagon Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDNovember 29, 2014
It was a good place to learn the craft and how to Frac for iol,, i fill the drivers should be treated better and have guarnteed hours,no matter what the weathen is.
Frac Technician (Current Employee) –  Watford City, NDApril 5, 2014
only if your 16. terrible place to work. I hated every thing about it.
demanding and no life
Tank Wagon Operator (Former Employee) –  Rock springs, wyMarch 18, 2014
You normally work 12hr days not including shuttle time they pay you per mile for that not time.

Management won't do much for you unless you threaten to quit

Co-workers are good, but you will find a lot of bad apples and management doesn't follow any disciplinary system

The hardest part of the job is staying awake.

If I could think of something enjoyable about the job I might have said something.
Pros
lots of hours to work. decent pay
Cons
no life and nothing but empty promises from management
air of change, bought by a larger corporation and experiencing growing pains
Quality Control Manager/ Lead fueler (Former Employee) –  Montoursville, PAJanuary 16, 2014
Currently the largest provider of diesel fuel in a gas drilling pad/Marcellus shale work environment. Really new equipment, or really old. No training on the new equipment, other than "hands-on". No job security, based on personalities. 12 hour shifts and oft times more than an hour travel, to and from, making 14+ hour days. No trained leaders/supervisors at the local terminal. Part of a nationwide corporation with a "good ol' boy" feel.
Pros
outdoor work, equipment
Cons
training, equipment... management. no pay raise for the first year.
Safety Dept
Safety Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 18, 2013
Good Company to work for typically the Safety Admin does plenty of data entry day to day and verifies that employee paperwork is up to date and standards
Pros
there is always work
Cons
not much room to excel
Great opportunity for advancement. hard to balance work/ life
Logistics Manager/ Frac Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 14, 2013
A very profitable company with lots of opportunity to advance with hard work. I was able to move from a dispatcher to a management position in less than a year.
The upper management are great salespeople. They make you believe that they care about you as an individual. But this company, which started as a smaller, family friendly company, has quickly grown into a massive cooperate driven operation, and the focus on the need of the individual terminals has become a thing of the past. They are expanding faster than they are prepared for, merging multiple companies all at the same time, and continually adding more without allowing time for the incorporation of the diverse cultures and regulations to become unified. Rules, regulations, and even insurance is constantly changing with no time for employees to settle and feel comfortable.
The people are great to work with. They have a largely diverse work environment, in which all are made to feel accepted. The best part of the job is the people who work there. Local management works hard to ensure that you have a working relationship that is conducive to your needs.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
too many businesses merging with no unified order of operations.
Needs Help in the management
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDOctober 10, 2013
working here is ok aslong as you can eat Bullsh*t.
promises that arent kept,
managers that pass there job duties to people that dont know the job
no direction in the shop.
only a couple guys that know the job and how to do the job
HIGH TURN OVER DO TO MANAGEMENT
living on sight is terrible
winters are terrible
the perks earning a free pay check meaning you dont have to do much to get a check aslong as your in the click
trucks that get put out of service are sent out by management then firing the driver for it lol
Pros
good money, beneifits
Cons
constent bull about trucks, fighting to repair trucks.