Pilot Media

Pilot Media Employer Reviews

Fast Paced, Demanding, High Pressure Sales
Retail Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee), Norfolk, VANovember 8, 2013
Pros: talented colleagues, great staff
Cons: micro-managing, lack of funds
Formerly a great work environment, and most recently many changes in structure and management has caused much tension and apprehensiveness. There are some genuinely wonderful and talented people in that company, and if the world of advertising and newspapers wasn't so unstable, perhaps it would be better.
Liked working with co-workers contractors and public.
District Manager (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: great healthcare and benefits
Cons: worked nine hours a day with no breakfast break, throw routes on your day off, and you didn't get paid overtime.
I was responsible for running the contractors mail, route smarts(this was a delivery list of who gets a paper). Doing reports for single copy. Letting a center know the amounts of out of town publications to send us each day (such as Washington Post, Daily Press, Wall Street Journals,ect. Opening center for contractors to come in and ask questions concerning – more... there routes. Passing out papers and doing close out. Doing any debits or credits. Enjoyed all of this except when a contractor did not show to deliver. – less
The Virginian Pilot
Retail Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: our brand and reputation in the community
Cons: changes in market, changes in compensation
I really enjoy working with the people and the nature of the world of Advertising. I am a risk taker, innovative and a highly ambitious professional that lights up a room when I walk in. I have experience in print, online and social media. My colleagues are just as committed, and I'll miss them most when I leave.