Pilot Thomas Logistics

Pilot Thomas Logistics Employee Reviews

Good Place to work - Good diversity in the business
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 7, 2016
This is a great place to work and I have learned a lot in the past year and a half. There have been some tough times due to the nature of the oil and gas industry but that affects everyone across the board. This company has been able to move forward due to the diversity of business outside of the oil and gas industry and has been successful in those areas. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for driver positions or office jobs.
Pros
good benefits, good life balance, helpful people.
Cons
N/A
Ok place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  NevadaSeptember 7, 2016
Delivery fuel to the gold mine industry I've been on the fuel end oil industry from 2003 I have more than a million miles in my driving career
Pros
Ok environment
Cons
No good benefits
Great compensation
Fuel Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, LASeptember 4, 2016
I recommend this job to anyone who wants to travel and doesnt mind working long hour shifts. Great benefits and compensation for anyone I believe. Be suited and booted, ready to work
Originally hired on with western petroleum.
Frac Fueler (Former Employee) –  Jourdanton, TXAugust 15, 2016
Enjoyed western petroleum. But also enjoyed pilot. Would like to get back to the oil field again. The hours was usually great and benefits are among the best a man could get.
Avoid this company at all costs!
Small Loads driver (Former Employee) –  tioga ndApril 19, 2016
Terrible place to work. Office personnel is a joke. Management was a funnier joke. No professionalism at all. Mechanics was a bunch of monkies except for one. Dispatch was just as bad. Broken down equipment because of the monkeys in the garage. Dispatch treating customers with disrespect. And lets see what else...everything was a complete joke working there. Oh the benefits were terrible. Bottom line i did gain valuable experience but i wouldn't go back to them to work.
Pros
Absolutely nothing.
Cons
Everything.
Oil and Gas Industry
Assistant Frac Manger (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 1, 2016
This company has been around for only a few years. It has made an impact in the oil and gas industry by fueling local businesses, rigs, and oil well locations by fueling frac equipment. I have seen several sides of this company. By starting out at the lowest position by fueling the frac equipment from companies like Halliburton, Weatherford, and Baker Hughes to name a few. I was then promoted to Dispatcher controlling the hours of the Frac Technicians and Frac Drivers. I would have to make sure that DOT laws are being followed by all CDL drivers. I then had the pleasure of helping out our Permian Basin with rolling over the paperwork system. At this time I auditioned for an Assistant Manager position in the Odessa, TX area. I have seen almost all aspects of this company and I am proud to work for them.
Pros
Benefits, Management
Cons
Unknown Hours due to oil and gas industry
Easy Money but horrible company
Farc Tech AKA FUEL PERSON (Former Employee) –  Fort Lupton, COJanuary 31, 2016
Really easy money to make. You sit in a truck 10hours out of the day. Only time you actually have to work is when you have to go fill up equipment. Easy job easy money. Management is HORRIBLE!!! Your pay is always messed up you really need to pay attention to the hours you put in. The benefits are horrible as well. You dont really know when your working its a on-call-job so you cant really make plans since your not sure when your going to work. Management dont really care about there employees. Half of the trucks dont ever work and never end up getting fixed. They never have the proper tools we need for our job. They say it's a good company to move up with, that's a lie. I can go on and on about whats wrong with this company but long story short i defiantly dont recommend working here.
Pros
Easy Money
Not What It Was
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 12, 2016
I worked at Pilot Thomas Logistics since it was Simons Petroleum. This was a great place back in the day, now it is a shell of what it was. The management is the worst, the good ones left as soon as they could and now it is ran by ones who only care about themselves. Employees are an after thought and quoted "A dime a dozen." If you are looking in this industry, look at another company. There are several that appreciate the workers that keep the lights on.
Pros
Free coffee and water
Cons
Bad management, excessive mandatory overtime, low pay
CDL driver with Hazmat (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 26, 2016
When the oil is going well the hard is awesome but when its not the job slows down. To many management changes. Long hours worked, and directions that were given by dispatch weren't correct a lot.
Pros
good money when you are working, 401k
Cons
management changing frequently, lay offs, commission
Productive place to work
Team Lead - Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2016
Harsh work weather and conditions. Long hours but easy work. And lots of travel time. 12 hours on site, and any where between 2 to 4 hours drive time to site.
Poorly managed
Driver/AMP Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 1, 2016
I worked for this company for nearly 4 years, first as a transport driver for Thomas Petroleum, and later as a Field Service Representative for Pilot Thomas Logistics. I enjoyed both jobs and learned quite a lot from each. After the merger with Pilot, the company became a different place. Gone was the driven commitment to quality customer service and the resources to provide it. The focus was entirely on cost cutting and profit. The employee went from being an asset to an expendable commodity. The management is now centralized instead of local and the "one size fits all" mentality is an abysmal failure. I would not recommend working or doing business with Pilot Thomas Logistics.
Pros
Amazing coworkers
Cons
Corporate Management
Pilot Good + Thomas Bad = Horrible Pilot Thomas
Frac Fueling (Former Employee) –  Fort Lupton, COSeptember 19, 2016
When I worked for pilot, it was ok. Management was slow in the head but it was still ok. Thomas came in like storm troopers and the atmosphere was like working for the Gestapo. Instead of having one Hitler, we had 10. Dispatch and everyone with a CDL was like Hitler. They only let snitches work so they would report back to the office like something was really happening on site but nothing was.
Pros
No pros...Was good to have a job.
Cons
Bad Management! Very bad!!!
Started out promising end badly though
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  MorgantownDecember 8, 2016
Was hired with the promise of ample hours which was the case to begin with then a few months after I was hired the hours started going away slowly at first but by the time everything was over and I was laid off I was being called off more often than I was working and rarely had notice sometimes after I arrived at the office to go to work.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Everything else
Not bad
Fuler/lead (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 23, 2017
Worked out of town a lot. But not a bad company to work for. Had good safety procedures. Equal opportunity employer,and upper management was friendly and kind.
Pros
Free lunch on some sites
Cons
Small trucks
Bad to worse
Driver (Former Employee) –  IdahoDecember 26, 2016
Worked 13 years for PTL as a driver. When i started this was a family owned company. Changed hands in 2007 again in 2009 and again in 2012. Pilots take over in 2012 was by far the worst. Inept mangement out of SLC and hiring managers outside of the fuel industry with no experience was a joke. Overall this company is about one thing. How they can take advantage of you and get away with it !
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERTHING
dont work here
frac tech (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 7, 2016
well all in all been worse job ever day at work go sit in a truck and sit and sit,learned about fracing and stage timing,management dnt know they only lie and text you ,it is sad and bad part is they give no hours cause they salary and they get theres no matter what,hardest part on job is getting hours to even make money they hiring now and dont even have enough work the people they got
Pros
meeting people
Cons
no hours to make money no money no money
Good place to work with great people!
Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 2, 2016
The past 18 months have been really tough in the O&G industry and there have been LOTS of changes at PTL -- some good some not so good. Overall, I think it's a solid company with a good leadership team and we're headed in the right direction. I like that we have business outside of the energy market as I think that makes us more diverse and financially stable.
Pros
Financially stable and continually evolving to meet the needs of employees and customers.
Cons
The industry is a tough place to work for everyone right now.
Great Start!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 7, 2016
As a new employee, it has been great working for Pilot Thomas Logistics! Everyone at the corporate office in Fort Worth, TX has been very nice and work together as a team. The interview and onboarding process was very easy and so far I've had adequate training to get me started in my new position. I really like the laid back culture and atmosphere...they even have a ping pong table!
Pros
Culture, Team Environment
Great Company
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 11, 2016
I worked at Pilot Thomas as a dispatcher for about 3.5 years. Met some great folks. Management is great, drivers are like family. You will work your butt off, but you'll also be decently compensated.
I had fun for a WHILE
Pilot Logistics, Frac Fueler (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMarch 10, 2015
Then I noticed all of these newer younger employees getting an opportunity to earn 2 more bux an hour and I was there twice as long as they were being 2 or 3 x their age I started talk. Ing to myself I treated my job with great priority then all of these people got evaluation raises not me and I got better evaluations safety bonus got slashed in half without notice questioned management got canned while on vacation and did not get my 99 hrs vacation pay after 15 mo. With pilot I must say I should have known better than to trust the back stabbing two faced shirtless bodied picture taking adolescents who thought they were actually somebody
Pros
MEET A FEW GOOD PEOPLE
Cons
MEET AND WORK FOR AND WITH SOME NO TALENT NO CARING INDIVIDUALS

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Thomas Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6