Pilot Thomas Logistics

Pilot Thomas Logistics Employee Reviews

Don't work here
management, frac tech (Former Employee), midlandMay 7, 2015
Pros: It's a job
Cons: everything
I was moved up to management for working hard, then moved down when new management came. New management has no clue what's going on or who I even was or what I had done for the company.

Never been to a company where you work your way up the latter then pushed to the bottom by someone who's never met you or reviewed your work. In fact, the guy they gave my position to clocks into work, leaves to go to the bar, and then clocks out later.

The new management is already gone and there is no one to talk to and no one knows what's going on.

Payroll is always behind and gets the checks messed up. Usually hundreds of dollars shorted.

Never got a raise or bonus because the company put a freeze on it for everyone.

The insurance is $480/mon for a husband and spouse and it covers nothing at the doctors office. You will pay all expenses out of your own pocket and once you sign up they refuse to turn it off.

So basically you're not valued even if you work hard, no management cares, no management last more than 3 months, no advancements and if you do advance that can change no matter how good you do, no raises (pay is low), no bonuses, expensive insurance that covers nothing at all, no sleep, no home life, no family time, either working to much or not at all. The list goes on and on.
lies never will they pay good
fueler (Former Employee), Louisville ohMay 6, 2015
Pros: u can learn how to fill a tank ha ha not much
Cons: to late you will be trapped in there lies
If you get hired her your a desperate the pay is awful you don't get treated fairly every other day they keep taken hours away from us but if you don't want to work an want to wait for them to let you know when while your sitting at home wondering how your going to make it financially then this is for you when site goes down its down 3 days or more AND YOU DONT GET PAID so you won't get hours but they would rather pay out of staters from other locations to come an stay in hotel an give them the hours but not us is that fair NO an you want to work here pass to cheap lies tell you what you want to know an if 12.50 is good money take deductions out you won't have much to live on ask lots of questions an you will see how they are
Great pay and laid back
Tank Wagon Driver (Current Employee), Odessa, TXApril 6, 2015
Pros: easy money
Cons: you have to be prepared to eat inside of a cab every working day.
The industry comes with it's on set of dangers and they are very real. If everyone does there part then the dangers are greatly minimized. Management provides the proper training and everything that is needed to do the job safely minus the boots.

If you can put fuel into a car or truck than you can do this job. The biggest challenge is being prepared for the weather. Management is accessible and the co-workers are as well.

The hardest part about the job is staying awake and eating properly. In most cases you have to feed yourself so be prepared to bring food. The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom of being able to do your job without people standing over your shoulder constantly monitoring your every move.
very busy place to work like most oilfield companies , it has ups and downs
current employee (Current Employee), Louisville, OHApril 4, 2015
Pros: Ohio managers are straight forward, Frac managers help as much as possible
Cons: constate change within the company
I think the Morgantown and Canton review on here is false, I've seen for 3 years now the exact opposite, I see the managers in Ohio striving to always help when they can. Like all of the oilfield right now, everyone had ups and downs. It's life and the buissness. No job is exactly perfect nor is a company! And I'm sure there was more to the Canton review than he says...
A joke
Frac fuel driver (Current Employee), Greeley coApril 4, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
It is true you never know a good job until you have a bad one (PTL)! This company is a joke, nothing but disgruntled employees besides this place you call a "job" the guys you work with are the best part of it. Management has no idea what they are doing, one week you work 80+ hrs the next you don't work at all! Do yourself a favor and stay away! Pilot is known for bringing companies down. I liked my job until pilot came in now I'm leaving, god be with the people who disregard these reviews and still apply lol! Good day my friends!
TERRIBLE COMPANY MANAGERS ARE TERRIBLE AND LIE TOYOUR FACE EVERYDAY
Frac fueler (Current Employee), Morgantown wvMarch 29, 2015
Pros: There are NONE
Cons: Everything is terrible about this company
DO NOT WORK HERE TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!
Management will lie straight to your face every single day your pay sucks they can never get your paycheck right!
And will never fix your paychecks!!!!! When they merged with Thomas they won't give us equal pay so pilot employees make 3-5 dollars a hrs less and about 800 to 1000 a month less
This company should be shut down!!!
I had fun for a WHILE
Pilot Logistics, Frac Fueler (Current Employee), Canton, OHMarch 10, 2015
Pros: meet a few good people
Cons: meet and work for and with some no talent no caring individuals
THEN i NOTICED ALL OF THESE NEWER YOUNGER EMPLOYEES GETTING AN OPPORTUNITY TO EARN 2 MORE BUX AN HOUR AND i WAS THERE TWICE AS LONG AS THEY WERE BEING 2 OR 3 X THEIR AGE i STARTED TALK. ING TO MYSELF i TREATED MY JOB WITH GREAT PRIORITY THEN ALL OF THESE PEOPLE GOT EVALUATION RAISES NOT ME AND i GOT BETTER EVALUATIONS SAFETY BONUS GOT SLASHED IN HALF WITHOUT NOTICE QUESTIONED MANAGEMENT GOT CANNED WHILE ON VACATION AND DID NOT GET MY 99 HRS VACATION PAY AFTER 15 MO. WITH PILOT I MUST SAY i SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER THAN TO TRUST THE BACK STABBING TWO FACED SHIRTLESS BODIED PICTURE TAKING ADOLESCENTS WHO THOUGHT THEY WERE ACTUALLY SOMEBODY
Roller coaster
frac Driver (Current Employee), Greeley, Co.March 10, 2015
Pros: coworkers most of them anyway are good guy's
Cons: management has no clue on what they are doing, like they are throwing a dart at the wall and go with that, boy they have no problem tell one another how great they are doing
No schedule. I've worked here over a year and still no schedule. Management cannot get things done you have to call Texas. With the Pilot buyout thing's are not getting better cutting hrs and pay. You get a text by 2230 you work if not you have the day off what the ;:&^/
So sit around all day put your life on hold then no text..
Hot garbage management!!!
Former employee (Former Employee), Watford City NDMarch 3, 2015
Management skills non existent in the company!! Only got the position because of time with the company...in other words...BY DEFAULT. No accountability...no balls...will fire you with a text. When I interview at other companies, they want to evaluate your character...at Pilot....pass the drug screen...have a CDL with the required endorsement and your called that you got the job...lol...really? Sounds good for you poor character ed individuals but now your job depends on those poor character individuals to pull their weight....and that doesn't happen. Crab in the bucket mentality is born because of the poor hours and you pretty much created a work environment of cut throat capacity!! So if you like drama in your life and the fact that you are treated as a contractor(paid only when you work and work can be scarce) rather than an employee(who is compensated for if work is not available but you are) then by all means...apply and hold your breath...cause you WILL go under and eventually drown. Other reviews prove my point...read them. The only positive ones are from management positions or office roles. Hhhhmmmmm...I make sense!!
The merger with pilot has brought Thomas petroleum down to a mediocre company.
Driver. (Former Employee), Odessa, txFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: overall everything is pretty bad now that the merger is taking effect.
Big contracts and customers are now being lost because of the name "Pilot" in the company. All of pilot logistics' reputation has begun to have its effect on thomas employees and its business. Now youre no longer an employee to the company, you're just a number.
working at Pilot Thomas Logistics
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Tioga NDFebruary 24, 2015
I have and do enjoy working at Pilot. It can be a very active place and I like my co-workers. The job requires problem solving which I enjoy because in challenges me at times to think on my feet and outside the box.
Poor leadership and poor financial decisions
Sales (Former Employee), LaredoFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: leadership, or lack there of
Grow territory , even though we usually couldn't deliver on time.
I learned that you can't wait on others to get things done.
Management is very poor and turnover is very high. My customers were the most enjoyable part of my job.
very unprofessional company
dispatcher (Former Employee), paFebruary 1, 2015
Cons: lies, when thomas merged with pilot, our office wanted to keep it from the field workers
Upon interviewing I read poor reviews and thought of past employees as disgruntled. However, I no longer believe this to be true now that I have first hand experience. This company does not care about their employees, they defy safety rules, work with very little resources are unorganized and VERY unprofessional.. I've never seen favoritism like I did here. Local managers are clueless. When you go to Texas for training, the first night is in a conference room with a PowerPoint presentation on how to fill out hr paperwork. Really??? Just ridiculous.
Its a job. If you are used to working on a frac site then its golden.
Worker (Current Employee), TexasDecember 26, 2014
Pros: steady work when its good, money isnt bad, pay better than some, cool people to work with, long hours and days=$$
Cons: some workers have fronts, they can burn you easier than you think, long hours if you arent used to it.
You meet your crew at the meeting point, drive to location, fuel on your 12 hour shift, deal with things on site then drive back to meeting point, go home, and be back in a few hours.
Terrible place to work
Frac fuel driver (Former Employee), Tioga N.DOctober 4, 2014
Pros: good pay if there's work
Cons: poor work environment and no career advancement for minorities
This is by far the worst job I've ever had. There's no career advancement for minorities. The racism in Tioga is so thick, you can cut it with a knife. Management is comprised of a bunch tobacco chewing Good Ole Boys. There's no professionalism and they exhibit a lot of favoritism. Do yourself a favor and stay away.
Fun and challenging place to work
Frac Asset Manager (Current Employee), Odessa, TXJune 18, 2014
A lot of challenges each day that keeps you busy and allows the day to go pretty quick. Broad range of responsibilities that allows you to learn a lot.
Busy Job
Safety Administrator (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 4, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: change in management frequently
For the most part it is a well kept busy job. Good hours and if you make the right connections and keep up with your work then there is a higher chance at advancement.
Loved this place
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 25, 2014
Pros: advancement
I worked Operations Department in Oklahoma City. People are great and so is the culture.
not bad to make ends meet
CDL Frac Fueler Driver (Current Employee), Odessa, TXApril 21, 2014
Cons: management employees need more managerial training
You get out of this job less what you put in! Work hard and try to make an impact and you truly can
Not Good...No Job Security...No Communication in the Office!!
CDL Tank Wagon Driver - Fueler (Former Employee), Tioga, NDMarch 24, 2014
Pros: you can make some good money.
Cons: there is no communication in the office...no job security!!!
In training everything sounded Great....I thought i was going to work for this company for years to come, but after Training and you get on the job...everthing goes out the window! I Took my 1 week off that was coming to me (which they complain about) and it was during this last Christmas! I had a return flight that was cancelled! i called a let them know!! The next schedulled flight cancelled also due to snowy weather...I let them know agian and got a text telling me that i was terminated, because I abandoned my job...when clearly I was trying to get back to North Dakota from New Mexico. I still had to go back to get my things and my car! I tried to get my job back and was told by HR that i would get it back..i emailed,text,called...did everthing i could do, but not one person called me back. Go make your quick money and get out!! Do not let me get started on the man camp and your sleeping situation..Child size bunkbeds...2 men to a room...8 men in each trailer...sharing the same fridge!! Not Good!!

About Pilot Thomas Logistics

Pilot Thomas Logistics is one of the largest providers of drilling and exploration support services in the nation. Available 24x7, – Read more

Pilot Thomas Logistics Salaries