Pilot Thomas Logistics

Pilot Thomas Logistics Employer Reviews

Roller coaster
frac Driver (Current Employee), Greeley, Co.March 10, 2015
Pros: coworkers most of them anyway are good guy's
Cons: management has no clue on what they are doing, like they are throwing a dart at the wall and go with that, boy they have no problem tell one another how great they are doing
No schedule. I've worked here over a year and still no schedule. Management cannot get things done you have to call Texas. With the Pilot buyout thing's are not getting better cutting hrs and pay. You get a text by 2230 you work if not you have the day off what the ;:&^/
So sit around all day put your life on hold then no text..
Hot garbage management!!!
Former employee (Former Employee), Watford City NDMarch 3, 2015
Management skills non existent in the company!! Only got the position because of time with the company...in other words...BY DEFAULT. No accountability...no balls...will fire you with a text. When I interview at other companies, they want to evaluate your character...at Pilot....pass the drug screen...have a CDL with the required endorsement and your called that you got the job...lol...really? Sounds good for you poor character ed individuals but now your job depends on those poor character individuals to pull their weight....and that doesn't happen. Crab in the bucket mentality is born because of the poor hours and you pretty much created a work environment of cut throat capacity!! So if you like drama in your life and the fact that you are treated as a contractor(paid only when you work and work can be scarce) rather than an employee(who is compensated for if work is not available but you are) then by all means...apply and hold your breath...cause you WILL go under and eventually drown. Other reviews prove my point...read them. The only positive ones are from management positions or office roles. Hhhhmmmmm...I make sense!!
The merger with pilot has brought Thomas petroleum down to a mediocre company.
Driver. (Former Employee), Odessa, txFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: overall everything is pretty bad now that the merger is taking effect.
Big contracts and customers are now being lost because of the name "Pilot" in the company. All of pilot logistics' reputation has begun to have its effect on thomas employees and its business. Now youre no longer an employee to the company, you're just a number.
working at Pilot Thomas Logistics
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Tioga NDFebruary 24, 2015
I have and do enjoy working at Pilot. It can be a very active place and I like my co-workers. The job requires problem solving which I enjoy because in challenges me at times to think on my feet and outside the box.
Poor leadership and poor financial decisions
Sales (Former Employee), LaredoFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: leadership, or lack there of
Grow territory , even though we usually couldn't deliver on time.
I learned that you can't wait on others to get things done.
Management is very poor and turnover is very high. My customers were the most enjoyable part of my job.
very unprofessional company
dispatcher (Former Employee), paFebruary 1, 2015
Cons: lies, when thomas merged with pilot, our office wanted to keep it from the field workers
Upon interviewing I read poor reviews and thought of past employees as disgruntled. However, I no longer believe this to be true now that I have first hand experience. This company does not care about their employees, they defy safety rules, work with very little resources are unorganized and VERY unprofessional.. I've never seen favoritism like I did here. Local managers are clueless. When you go to Texas for training, the first night is in a conference room with a PowerPoint presentation on how to fill out hr paperwork. Really??? Just ridiculous.
Its a job. If you are used to working on a frac site then its golden.
Worker (Current Employee), TexasDecember 26, 2014
Pros: steady work when its good, money isnt bad, pay better than some, cool people to work with, long hours and days=$$
Cons: some workers have fronts, they can burn you easier than you think, long hours if you arent used to it.
You meet your crew at the meeting point, drive to location, fuel on your 12 hour shift, deal with things on site then drive back to meeting point, go home, and be back in a few hours.
Terrible place to work
Frac fuel driver (Former Employee), Tioga N.DOctober 4, 2014
Pros: good pay if there's work
Cons: poor work environment and no career advancement for minorities
This is by far the worst job I've ever had. There's no career advancement for minorities. The racism in Tioga is so thick, you can cut it with a knife. Management is comprised of a bunch tobacco chewing Good Ole Boys. There's no professionalism and they exhibit a lot of favoritism. Do yourself a favor and stay away.
Fun and challenging place to work
Frac Asset Manager (Current Employee), Odessa, TXJune 18, 2014
A lot of challenges each day that keeps you busy and allows the day to go pretty quick. Broad range of responsibilities that allows you to learn a lot.
Busy Job
Safety Administrator (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 4, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: change in management frequently
For the most part it is a well kept busy job. Good hours and if you make the right connections and keep up with your work then there is a higher chance at advancement.
Loved this place
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 25, 2014
Pros: advancement
I worked Operations Department in Oklahoma City. People are great and so is the culture.
not bad to make ends meet
CDL Frac Fueler Driver (Current Employee), Odessa, TXApril 21, 2014
Cons: management employees need more managerial training
You get out of this job less what you put in! Work hard and try to make an impact and you truly can
Not Good...No Job Security...No Communication in the Office!!
CDL Tank Wagon Driver - Fueler (Former Employee), Tioga, NDMarch 24, 2014
Pros: you can make some good money.
Cons: there is no communication in the office...no job security!!!
In training everything sounded Great....I thought i was going to work for this company for years to come, but after Training and you get on the job...everthing goes out the window! I Took my 1 week off that was coming to me (which they complain about) and it was during this last Christmas! I had a return flight that was cancelled! i called a let them know!! The next schedulled flight cancelled also due to snowy weather...I let them know agian and got a text telling me that i was terminated, because I abandoned my job...when clearly I was trying to get back to North Dakota from New Mexico. I still had to go back to get my things and my car! I tried to get my job back and was told by HR that i would get it back..i emailed,text,called...did everthing i could do, but not one person called me back. Go make your quick money and get out!! Do not let me get started on the man camp and your sleeping situation..Child size bunkbeds...2 men to a room...8 men in each trailer...sharing the same fridge!! Not Good!!
I enjoy tanker driving but will do any.
Fuel Tanker Driver (Former Employee), Tioga, NDFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: i like extra hours for pay and working hard.
Cons: dangerous area to work
Enjoyed working long hours. I am always learning. Like adventurous jobs.
hardly any hours
frak technician (Former Employee), Pleasanton TexasJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: very sporadic company
no hours unless you bug dispatch that before when it was Western they actually cared about you now that its pilot they could give $0.02 what happens to you hours could be 71 weekend 10 the next worst company I've ever worked for although the camaraderie with other employees on job sites is amazing
DREADFUL
Supervisor/lead driver (Current Employee), Jourdanton,TXOctober 10, 2013
Pros: good people to work with for the most part
Cons: no good hours to make it worth while to even go to work.
when Western Petroleum owned and operated this company is was the employee had a name...Now since the Pilot merger you are just a number......totally used and taken advantage of....You never know what to expect next.
Good pay, lots of hours
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Odessa, TXAugust 3, 2013
Pros: good pay and lots of hours
Cons: management, maintenance, and support
The job entails the bulk delivery of fuel to oil field customers, such as drill rigs, frac sites, and oil industry related bulk customers.
Fun place to work, no stability at all.
Lead Frac Technician (Current Employee), Louisville, OHJuly 25, 2013
Fun environment to work in, no stable work load or no guranteed hours.
Gamble
Frac tech/ frac fueler (Current Employee), Midland, TXApril 30, 2013
Every day is a gamble. One week im working about 70-100 hrs. The next i work less than 30 hrs. I want something more stable with a schedule. At pilot if i get a call i work that day no call no work.
Great Environment
Client Services Representative (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 9, 2013
The environment is wonderful. We have great co-workers and great management. Everyone is always there when you need them.

About Pilot Thomas Logistics

Pilot Thomas Logistics is one of the largest providers of drilling and exploration support services in the nation. Available 24x7, – Read more

Pilot Thomas Logistics Photos