Pilot Thomas Logistics

Pilot Thomas Logistics Employee Reviews in United States

I wouldnt recommend no one to work at that place
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Seminole, TXJune 16, 2016
Horrible management no communication no comon sense bad trucks. And poor house keeping. But when it was only Thomas petroleum it was great even tho we had the same management but when pilot came in it went down hill from there and everybody started to look for a new job.
Pros
It was very good when it was thomas petroleum although it was the same managers.
Cons
Management is horrible they treat you like if you are a little kid
Terrible and full of lies
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaMay 4, 2016
I was a temp for this company and promise after promise of going full time and never followed through. I actually found a permanent position and left and they gave me a terrible review telling the agency I worked for nothing but lies. Managers are awful, the other employees were great but they were grossly overused and underpaid. I wouldn't refer my worst enemy to work for this awful company. They are a joke. I feel sorry for the people that are there.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Everything, it is all about the management, they care nothing for the job exempt staff. Masters in the art of lying and manipulation
Excellent pay. Not secure at all
Frac Tech Fueler (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 4, 2016
I loved this job. It was simple and at times easy. Since we worked as a group, the job was even easier. The problem was that the work was not consistent. When it was, you basically didnt have a life outside of work. 13.5 hours a day plus the hour and a half drive to and from location, didnt leave much to do when you got home besides sleep. Management only promoted their favorites and some of those people were not capable of doing the job. A lot of cheap routes were taken with some of the equipment and they would constantly break down. The best part was when something would break down for the customer we were working for, we would basically have a full paid day with no work to do.
Pros
a lot of paid downtime, pay rate
Cons
no life outside of work or very unreliable
Avoid this company at all costs!
Small Loads driver (Former Employee) –  tioga ndApril 19, 2016
Terrible place to work. Office personnel is a joke. Management was a funnier joke. No professionalism at all. Mechanics was a bunch of monkies except for one. Dispatch was just as bad. Broken down equipment because of the monkeys in the garage. Dispatch treating customers with disrespect. And lets see what else...everything was a complete joke working there. Oh the benefits were terrible. Bottom line i did gain valuable experience but i wouldn't go back to them to work.
Pros
Absolutely nothing.
Cons
Everything.
Laid back atmosphere.
CSR, Data Spec, Propane Sales, Administrative (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDMarch 5, 2016
I started my day making delivery tickets for drivers and taking phone orders for propane and oil sales. I learned DM2 and SAP programs, which I like working with both. I so appreciated the management. We went through a lot of changes in the short time I was there and I appreciated the team work we had to work through any and all issues with the programs and all the changes. Became good friends with many co-workers that I will be friends for life. My most enjoyable part of my job was being trusted to do my job with out supervision. I feel the best compliment a person can give me is their trust.
Pros
Pot luck lunches!
Cons
The slow down, less work and no work.
Struggling
Miracle Worker (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 3, 2016
This company has struggled since the merger with Thomas. It will continue to downgrade due to the falling oil prices. Its good ole' boy upper management mentality has broken the rule of sound leadership. Customer service is abysmal and there is no progression or desire on how to get it back on track. Unfortunately this company will die on the vine due to is poor leadership.
Pros
Was a good company before the merger
Cons
Lack of true leadership
CDL driver with Hazmat (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 26, 2016
When the oil is going well the hard is awesome but when its not the job slows down. To many management changes. Long hours worked, and directions that were given by dispatch weren't correct a lot.
Pros
good money when you are working, 401k
Cons
management changing frequently, lay offs, commission
Fast pace environment but low key mangement
Manager Driver Qualification Compliance (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 11, 2016
- A typical day is 9-10 hours
- I've learned that I can get a lot done by setting priorities and
delegating what can be delegated
- My Co-workers are great, all self starter, minimal drama
- I hate the long hours, never ending tasks, and laying off people
- I love the compliance work, and the feeling that you help keep the
company in compliance.
Pros
No micro managment
Cons
Too much work, with fewer people
Oil and Gas Industry
Assistant Frac Manger (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 1, 2016
This company has been around for only a few years. It has made an impact in the oil and gas industry by fueling local businesses, rigs, and oil well locations by fueling frac equipment. I have seen several sides of this company. By starting out at the lowest position by fueling the frac equipment from companies like Halliburton, Weatherford, and Baker Hughes to name a few. I was then promoted to Dispatcher controlling the hours of the Frac Technicians and Frac Drivers. I would have to make sure that DOT laws are being followed by all CDL drivers. I then had the pleasure of helping out our Permian Basin with rolling over the paperwork system. At this time I auditioned for an Assistant Manager position in the Odessa, TX area. I have seen almost all aspects of this company and I am proud to work for them.
Pros
Benefits, Management
Cons
Unknown Hours due to oil and gas industry
Hard by rewarding
CSR / Document Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 14, 2016
Working at Pilot Thomas was a mixture of intense daily activities with constant change. Managing through the ups and downs in an industry with such change was difficult, but proved to be very rewarding and taught me allot about dealing with change management through the good and the bad.
Pros
Exciting, great workers, good culture
Cons
security
Worst job
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 21, 2016
Started in september with no training on drivers and times was barely trained on system first day allowed to dispatch no help. Moved to nights again little to no training laid off and offered to move to fort worth after offering to outside had to apply for ar position and take a pay cut
Easy Money but horrible company
Farc Tech AKA FUEL PERSON (Former Employee) –  Fort Lupton, COJanuary 31, 2016
Really easy money to make. You sit in a truck 10hours out of the day. Only time you actually have to work is when you have to go fill up equipment. Easy job easy money. Management is HORRIBLE!!! Your pay is always messed up you really need to pay attention to the hours you put in. The benefits are horrible as well. You dont really know when your working its a on-call-job so you cant really make plans since your not sure when your going to work. Management dont really care about there employees. Half of the trucks dont ever work and never end up getting fixed. They never have the proper tools we need for our job. They say it's a good company to move up with, that's a lie. I can go on and on about whats wrong with this company but long story short i defiantly dont recommend working here.
Pros
Easy Money
Cons
Originally hired on with western petroleum.
Frac Fueler (Former Employee) –  Jourdanton, TXAugust 15, 2016
Enjoyed western petroleum. But also enjoyed pilot. Would like to get back to the oil field again. The hours was usually great and benefits are among the best a man could get.
Ok
Driver (Former Employee) –  Texas, louisiana, Oklahoma, Mississippi, ArkansasAugust 22, 2016
Job was good. Management was not on top of their game. Lack of communication resulting in layoffs. Management didn't communicate with workers on a annual base. Take to long to correct mistakes that are made on their end
Watch your back
Dispatch (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 1, 2016
There is absolutely no loyalty with this company. They will use you to their benefit and then forget about you and everything that you have given them in a heartbeat.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Everything Else
oil field logistics
Frac Technician (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDFebruary 18, 2016
Unfortunately work in the Bakken oil fields dried up for now. This company gave me three solid years of excellent income and busy work schedules. I miss it dearly and can't wait for another oil broom so I can return to the same. It was great working for Pilot Thomas.
Pros
company housing
Cons
long shifts, if that bothers you.
Fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 23, 2016
Been here for almost 3 yrs, they keep changing lube management like every 4 or 5 months. I already have 5 lube managers and to told you guys the true they didn't know a thing at all.
Pros
Free lunch hr
Cons
Managers
dont work here
frac tech (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 7, 2016
well all in all been worse job ever day at work go sit in a truck and sit and sit,learned about fracing and stage timing,management dnt know they only lie and text you ,it is sad and bad part is they give no hours cause they salary and they get theres no matter what,hardest part on job is getting hours to even make money they hiring now and dont even have enough work the people they got
Pros
meeting people
Cons
no hours to make money no money no money
Stressful place to work
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Seminole, TXJuly 11, 2016
Stressful place to work. Never know whether or not you can make enough to pay bills. Management has mo control to or power to help employee's
Pros
Cons
pay scale always changing
Terrible company to work for . do not apply
fueler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, OHDecember 28, 2015
Upper management have no clue what the local managers are doing. General managers do not know how to manage themselves out of a wet paper bag. They lie to all the employees. THEY SAY THEY WILL HELP THEM BUT NEVER FOLLOW THRU. " IT'S IN THE WORKS" LOL THE PLACE IS A JOKE.
Pros
a job
Cons
pay checks wrong every week, do not care for their employees. very poor managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Thomas Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5