Pilot Thomas Logistics Employee Reviews

Horrible Management, Corrupt company.
Market Manager/ Frac Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 15, 2017
They started as a decent company. But the bigger they became the more corrupt they became as well. When they brought in people to teach drivers how to cheat their books that was when I had enough. The pay is good but not worth risking a felony. They are a greedy company with no concern for employees.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Everything else
nice place tp work
Frac Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 11, 2017
when you work there its like family, even though i do not work there anymore i still keep in contact with my old employes. The managers are like football coaches they expect you to get the job done.
If you don't conform they will replace you
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 11, 2017
I have learned that this company is very insecure about themselves and they are willing to get rid of anybody that they see fit. This is the place were they make you question your friends and if you know anyone in this industry that doesn't work for them don't let them know or they will let you go.
Poor poor
Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 10, 2017
I worked there almost two years never got a raise. Money and hours was very good before pilot merge with Thomas. All the pilot driver's and management was treated like nothing. Then when the fracing companies found out we merge with Thomas no one wanted us working on there sites. All in one just don't go if you enjoy working for easy going company.
Pros
Money if working
Cons
Hours change every week
What you make of it
Transport driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 30, 2017
Been with the company 5yrs. Have been treated well for the most part. Safety, management, dispatch, and corporate have issues. That being said all have come a long ways.
Pros
Performance pay
Cons
Lack of true leadership and trucking experience at all levels
PLS Summary
Regional Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMay 30, 2017
PLS was a great company, the merge with Thomas changed a lot of aspects that the employees saw as negative which caused turnover. The price per barrel in oil & gas forced the company to make negative changes.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work Life Balance
Pilot Thomas Logistics
Frac Driver (Former Employee) –  Jourdanton, TXMay 8, 2017
A typical day at work was driving out to the frac location, logging into the computer system and taking inventory before fueling. I learned a lot about safety and being safe. The management was caring and responsive to their work force. The workplace was to work as a team making sure the job got done in a safe manor. The hardest part of the job was work 90 hours per week. Was working with my co workers and joking around
Pros
Free meals with catering
Cons
Horrible place and very unprofessional
Frac Tech Fueler and warehouse (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WyomingApril 22, 2017
The managers will cheat you out of money and pay. They also try to have you drive past your time limit for CDL and blame it on you if your pulled over. Lube manager in Rock springs, wy. is a dirt bag and a liar who is lazy and inconsiderate. Beware of this place. They will hire you then fire you if the oil field slows down.
Fast paced environment, with a lot of potential
Logistics Coordinator/ CSR (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 28, 2017
The work morale is low because management isn't very stable, constant change doesn't help employees feel at home. Accountability would be the thing to point to why the frequent turn over. Compensation is great and so are the benefits I would say.
Pros
Compensation/benefits
Cons
Management, Job Security/Advancement
Expect to do more with less pay.
Flatbed Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2017
Worked there for 3 years and never got a raise. Company expects you to do extra work with same pay and calm "it's team work" but no matter how hard you work.. you can be replaced.
Not bad
Fuler/lead (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 23, 2017
Worked out of town a lot. But not a bad company to work for. Had good safety procedures. Equal opportunity employer,and upper management was friendly and kind.
Pros
Free lunch on some sites
Cons
Small trucks
Bad to worse
Driver (Former Employee) –  IdahoDecember 26, 2016
Worked 13 years for PTL as a driver. When i started this was a family owned company. Changed hands in 2007 again in 2009 and again in 2012. Pilots take over in 2012 was by far the worst. Inept mangement out of SLC and hiring managers outside of the fuel industry with no experience was a joke. Overall this company is about one thing. How they can take advantage of you and get away with it !
Pros
Cons
Everthing
Productive place to work
Team Lead - Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2016
Harsh work weather and conditions. Long hours but easy work. And lots of travel time. 12 hours on site, and any where between 2 to 4 hours drive time to site.
Not What It Was
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 12, 2016
I worked at Pilot Thomas Logistics since it was Simons Petroleum. This was a great place back in the day, now it is a shell of what it was. The management is the worst, the good ones left as soon as they could and now it is ran by ones who only care about themselves. Employees are an after thought and quoted "A dime a dozen." If you are looking in this industry, look at another company. There are several that appreciate the workers that keep the lights on.
Pros
Free coffee and water
Cons
Bad management, excessive mandatory overtime, low pay
Started out promising end badly though
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  MorgantownDecember 8, 2016
Was hired with the promise of ample hours which was the case to begin with then a few months after I was hired the hours started going away slowly at first but by the time everything was over and I was laid off I was being called off more often than I was working and rarely had notice sometimes after I arrived at the office to go to work.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Everything else
Too many high level changes too fast
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73116November 14, 2016
Pilot Thomas Logistics was a great company when smaller, as they grew, employees started to feel like a number instead of a part of a team.
Great Company
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 11, 2016
I worked at Pilot Thomas as a dispatcher for about 3.5 years. Met some great folks. Management is great, drivers are like family. You will work your butt off, but you'll also be decently compensated.
n/a
THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXOctober 22, 2016
As a dispatcher for the oil field we never had a break always a busy day. Answering calls, emails, schedules for employee and much more. I've learned discipline and just grow thick skin and keep work professional at all time.
Not the same as it used to be.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 7, 2016
Basically they have changed everything that I was offered in my interview. Its not better for sure.Driver moral is low. They try to be nice to the drivers but we know that we are viewed as low lifes behind closed doors. Its is starting to get frustrating to hear customers complain about the service. I worry about where this company will be in a year.
Pilot Good + Thomas Bad = Horrible Pilot Thomas
Frac Fueling (Former Employee) –  Fort Lupton, COSeptember 19, 2016
When I worked for pilot, it was ok. Management was slow in the head but it was still ok. Thomas came in like storm troopers and the atmosphere was like working for the Gestapo. Instead of having one Hitler, we had 10. Dispatch and everyone with a CDL was like Hitler. They only let snitches work so they would report back to the office like something was really happening on site but nothing was.
Pros
No pros...Was good to have a job.
Cons
Bad Management! Very bad!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Thomas Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6