Pilot Thomas Logistics

Pilot Thomas Logistics Employee Reviews

Fast pace environment but low key mangement
Manager Driver Qualification Compliance (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 11, 2016
- A typical day is 9-10 hours
- I've learned that I can get a lot done by setting priorities and
delegating what can be delegated
- My Co-workers are great, all self starter, minimal drama
- I hate the long hours, never ending tasks, and laying off people
- I love the compliance work, and the feeling that you help keep the
company in compliance.
Pros
No micro managment
Cons
Too much work, with fewer people
Poor management with no true sense of direction.
Fuel Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 11, 2016
Unstable work environment with poorly maintained trucks. Poor management with no true sense of direction. One day you could work 16 hours an the next day called off because of lack of work.
Pros
Decent pay per hour
Cons
Unstable work hours
Good Company to work for overall
Frac Manager (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 4, 2016
Learned alot about the oil field. Hardest part of the job is the hours and the steadiness of the work. I love what I do everyday just not the uncertainly.
Easy Money but horrible company
Farc Tech AKA FUEL PERSON (Former Employee) –  Fort Lupton, COJanuary 31, 2016
Really easy money to make. You sit in a truck 10hours out of the day. Only time you actually have to work is when you have to go fill up equipment. Easy job easy money. Management is HORRIBLE!!! Your pay is always messed up you really need to pay attention to the hours you put in. The benefits are horrible as well. You dont really know when your working its a on-call-job so you cant really make plans since your not sure when your going to work. Management dont really care about there employees. Half of the trucks dont ever work and never end up getting fixed. They never have the proper tools we need for our job. They say it's a good company to move up with, that's a lie. I can go on and on about whats wrong with this company but long story short i defiantly dont recommend working here.
Pros
Easy Money
Cons
Incompetent Management Team, at all levels.
FRAC TECH (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 23, 2016
Asked to preform duties safely with you hands tied behind your back. Management only follows their policies and procedures when it is convenient for them. A typical day would be you are called at 9pm and told to be at work at 3am for a one day job, you show up at 2:30am because they want you to leave at your yard time. Then you might have to load products and equipment. You don't get paid until you get to location unless you are the one driving, which might be an hour to 5 hours away. You get to location an clocked in then you have to make sure all equipment on location is full of fuel. Might be 10 to 60 units. Might dispense 200 gallons or 4,500 gallons. On an easy site you might only have to fuel twice, on a hard one you might be hot fueling constantly for your twelve hour shift. Hot fueling is extremely dangerous, you have to fuel in between frac pumps that are 6 inches to 3 feet apart. In the summer time the temperatures range from 160-180 degrees between the pumps, oh it is quite load even with hearing protection. Then you think you are going home and management tells you that you get to stay for the next 5 or 6 days, hope you packed accordingly. If you consider this type of job, then you must love being dirty, wet, hot, cold, tired. Basically if your a tough sadomasochists this might be right up your alley.
Pros
When the market is up, more hours than you could want, 100 plus hours a week.
Cons
Constantly messing up your pay., When market is slow you might not work for weeks at a time with no pay.
dont work here
frac tech (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 7, 2016
well all in all been worse job ever day at work go sit in a truck and sit and sit,learned about fracing and stage timing,management dnt know they only lie and text you ,it is sad and bad part is they give no hours cause they salary and they get theres no matter what,hardest part on job is getting hours to even make money they hiring now and dont even have enough work the people they got
Pros
meeting people
Cons
no hours to make money no money no money
Terrible company to work for . do not apply
fueler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, OHDecember 28, 2015
Upper management have no clue what the local managers are doing. General managers do not know how to manage themselves out of a wet paper bag. They lie to all the employees. THEY SAY THEY WILL HELP THEM BUT NEVER FOLLOW THRU. " IT'S IN THE WORKS" LOL THE PLACE IS A JOKE.
Pros
a job
Cons
pay checks wrong every week, do not care for their employees. very poor managers.
Horrible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Summersville, WVDecember 28, 2015
Terrible company to work for! Slip seating trucks, night driver gets the shaft, because the equipment is unsafe and all the mechanic work is done at night.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Terrible management and favoritism
its a place to earn a great income
cdl hazmat (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXDecember 28, 2015
I was able to put 3 years in with Thomas for over 2.5 yrs,then pilot 6 months,,,I made great money.I have no complaints,Considering the state of oil prices they did a great job keeping me busy.
Pros
company housing at $138 a week, very nice
Cons
after 3 years of long hrs I just needed a break
Loved my job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 1, 2015
I loved my job because for a time I was allowed to work and take care of business, and the customers were very satisfied, but Pilot does NOT care anything about established customers or established employees who know the business and have a clue about what is going on and how things work in the different areas of operation. The division I was in is a MESS, and the people working there have not been adequately trained. The only way this company will succeed is if someone else comes in and takes over and if Flying J injects a lot of money. The health insurance sucks.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Management, or lack of management
FALSE PROMISES, GOSSIP PIT, BULLYING, FAVORTISM
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 31, 2015
Terrible work life balance, false information was given to me at interview time. Was told we would work 1 Saturday a month. Not so! More like EVERY SATURDAY and several Sundays a month, mandatory 10-14 hr work days, no extra breaks. When I went to management for help or a question, they behaved like I was bothering them. Was often told to just deal with it. NO TRAINING, yet we were reprimanded for our mistakes. Those who worked hard were bullied by those who didn't do their work. Those that didn't do their work and brown-nosed were favored.
Pros
good coffee sometimes
Cons
Long days, severly micro managed, GOSSIP PIT!!!
Not Customer oriented
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  WVOctober 20, 2015
Having a Corporate office in another state that doesn't know anything about the customers in your area makes it difficult to do your job. Plus having to depend on so many others before you can complete your task is annoying when they don't have the same sense of urgency.
Pros
Casual Dress
Cons
Corporate and Upper Management attitudes
Terrible Company
Fracturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 11, 2015
This company is poorly run and managed and view their employees as expendable. Raises on hold, no room to move up, and there is an astonishing lack of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
awsome ppl to work around and with
Fuel Technician Asstistant (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXOctober 7, 2015
this job was great exept for u don't go any were in the company without furthering ur education. the workers there were always willing to help each other out no matter the job or reason.
Frac Fuel Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2015
Good place to work when it was available. There were times that there was no work for a week. The pay was exceptional and the management was always there to help with any issues.
ITS A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR.
Frac Technician Supervisor/Lead, Pilot Logistics (Current Employee) –  Jourdanton, TXSeptember 28, 2015
I HAD SOME GOOD GUYS THAT WORKED WITH ME AND THAT MADE MY JOB A WHOLE LOT EASIER. I REALLY DONT WANT TO LEAVE BUT HOURS HAVE BEEN CUT.
Pros
WE HAD FREE LUNCHES
Cons
HAD TO WORK DURING OUR BREAKES
Poor leadership
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 17, 2015
Company expanded recently with a changeup on management. Very unresponsive management and timelines were spur of the moment. Poor planning and expansion model.
Life too valuable!
I work for Pilot Logistics Services (Former Employee) –  TXSeptember 11, 2015
Don't waste your time working for these people. Management are related or buddies, if you know what I mean! Also, they do not respect their drivers!
Pros
50% discount at subway
Cons
DumbA in office! You're worthless for them. No advances for hard working people.
Worst place to work
AP Clerk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 9, 2015
The management at Pilot is terrible. They are to worried about their own job to help you succeed in yours. They do not train you & when you ask questions they seem put out by your questions. You would work 12-16 hour days.
Laid off
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKAugust 24, 2015
I was with Thomas Petroleum for over a year before the merger with Pilot. After the first of the year they started laying off all the Thomas Petroleum employees. I was laid off because I was told the "company wasn't doing well" yet in the month I've been gone they've promoted their own and created jobs. For a company that isn't doing well you sure are doing a bang up job making sure your people keep theirs.
Pros
none since Pilot took over
Cons
current management don't know how to be honest with employees

2.3