Pilot Thomas Logistics Employee Reviews

Expect to do more with less pay.
Flatbed Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2017
Worked there for 3 years and never got a raise. Company expects you to do extra work with same pay and calm "it's team work" but no matter how hard you work.. you can be replaced.
Not bad
Fuler/lead (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJanuary 23, 2017
Worked out of town a lot. But not a bad company to work for. Had good safety procedures. Equal opportunity employer,and upper management was friendly and kind.
Pros
Free lunch on some sites
Cons
Small trucks
Bad to worse
Driver (Former Employee) –  IdahoDecember 26, 2016
Worked 13 years for PTL as a driver. When i started this was a family owned company. Changed hands in 2007 again in 2009 and again in 2012. Pilots take over in 2012 was by far the worst. Inept mangement out of SLC and hiring managers outside of the fuel industry with no experience was a joke. Overall this company is about one thing. How they can take advantage of you and get away with it !
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERTHING
Productive place to work
Team Lead - Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2016
Harsh work weather and conditions. Long hours but easy work. And lots of travel time. 12 hours on site, and any where between 2 to 4 hours drive time to site.
Not What It Was
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 12, 2016
I worked at Pilot Thomas Logistics since it was Simons Petroleum. This was a great place back in the day, now it is a shell of what it was. The management is the worst, the good ones left as soon as they could and now it is ran by ones who only care about themselves. Employees are an after thought and quoted "A dime a dozen." If you are looking in this industry, look at another company. There are several that appreciate the workers that keep the lights on.
Pros
Free coffee and water
Cons
Bad management, excessive mandatory overtime, low pay
Started out promising end badly though
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  MorgantownDecember 8, 2016
Was hired with the promise of ample hours which was the case to begin with then a few months after I was hired the hours started going away slowly at first but by the time everything was over and I was laid off I was being called off more often than I was working and rarely had notice sometimes after I arrived at the office to go to work.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Everything else
Too many high level changes too fast
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73116November 14, 2016
Pilot Thomas Logistics was a great company when smaller, as they grew, employees started to feel like a number instead of a part of a team.
Great Company
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 11, 2016
I worked at Pilot Thomas as a dispatcher for about 3.5 years. Met some great folks. Management is great, drivers are like family. You will work your butt off, but you'll also be decently compensated.
n/a
THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXOctober 22, 2016
As a dispatcher for the oil field we never had a break always a busy day. Answering calls, emails, schedules for employee and much more. I've learned discipline and just grow thick skin and keep work professional at all time.
Not the same as it used to be.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 7, 2016
Basically they have changed everything that I was offered in my interview. Its not better for sure.Driver moral is low. They try to be nice to the drivers but we know that we are viewed as low lifes behind closed doors. Its is starting to get frustrating to hear customers complain about the service. I worry about where this company will be in a year.
Pilot Good + Thomas Bad = Horrible Pilot Thomas
Frac Fueling (Former Employee) –  Fort Lupton, COSeptember 19, 2016
When I worked for pilot, it was ok. Management was slow in the head but it was still ok. Thomas came in like storm troopers and the atmosphere was like working for the Gestapo. Instead of having one Hitler, we had 10. Dispatch and everyone with a CDL was like Hitler. They only let snitches work so they would report back to the office like something was really happening on site but nothing was.
Pros
No pros...Was good to have a job.
Cons
Bad Management! Very bad!!!
Ok place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  NevadaSeptember 7, 2016
Delivery fuel to the gold mine industry I've been on the fuel end oil industry from 2003 I have more than a million miles in my driving career
Pros
Ok environment
Cons
No good benefits
Great Start!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 7, 2016
As a new employee, it has been great working for Pilot Thomas Logistics! Everyone at the corporate office in Fort Worth, TX has been very nice and work together as a team. The interview and onboarding process was very easy and so far I've had adequate training to get me started in my new position. I really like the laid back culture and atmosphere...they even have a ping pong table!
Pros
Culture, Team Environment
Good Place to work - Good diversity in the business
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 7, 2016
This is a great place to work and I have learned a lot in the past year and a half. There have been some tough times due to the nature of the oil and gas industry but that affects everyone across the board. This company has been able to move forward due to the diversity of business outside of the oil and gas industry and has been successful in those areas. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for driver positions or office jobs.
Pros
good benefits, good life balance, helpful people.
Cons
N/A
All in all a good cocmpany
Frac Tech (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDSeptember 6, 2016
Depsite the cold weather conditions in North Dakota it was a great compnay to work for. I truly enjoyed working with management on several different levels. I would happily work for Pilot Thomas once again.
Great compensation
Fuel Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, LASeptember 4, 2016
I recommend this job to anyone who wants to travel and doesnt mind working long hour shifts. Great benefits and compensation for anyone I believe. Be suited and booted, ready to work
Good place to work with great people!
Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 2, 2016
The past 18 months have been really tough in the O&G industry and there have been LOTS of changes at PTL -- some good some not so good. Overall, I think it's a solid company with a good leadership team and we're headed in the right direction. I like that we have business outside of the energy market as I think that makes us more diverse and financially stable.
Pros
Financially stable and continually evolving to meet the needs of employees and customers.
Cons
The industry is a tough place to work for everyone right now.
Poorly managed
Driver/AMP Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 1, 2016
I worked for this company for nearly 4 years, first as a transport driver for Thomas Petroleum, and later as a Field Service Representative for Pilot Thomas Logistics. I enjoyed both jobs and learned quite a lot from each. After the merger with Pilot, the company became a different place. Gone was the driven commitment to quality customer service and the resources to provide it. The focus was entirely on cost cutting and profit. The employee went from being an asset to an expendable commodity. The management is now centralized instead of local and the "one size fits all" mentality is an abysmal failure. I would not recommend working or doing business with Pilot Thomas Logistics.
Pros
Amazing coworkers
Cons
Corporate Management
Ok
Driver (Former Employee) –  Texas, louisiana, Oklahoma, Mississippi, ArkansasAugust 22, 2016
Job was good. Management was not on top of their game. Lack of communication resulting in layoffs. Management didn't communicate with workers on a annual base. Take to long to correct mistakes that are made on their end
Originally hired on with western petroleum.
Frac Fueler (Former Employee) –  Jourdanton, TXAugust 15, 2016
Enjoyed western petroleum. But also enjoyed pilot. Would like to get back to the oil field again. The hours was usually great and benefits are among the best a man could get.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot Thomas Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6