Pilot Travel Centers LLC

Pilot Travel Centers LLC Employer Reviews

FUN AND CHALLEGE PLACE TO WORK
Cashier (Former Employee), KANNAPOLIS NCOctober 26, 2014
TYPICAL DAY IS WAITING ON CUSTOMERS, CLEANING SHOWERS AND RESTROOMS, DETAILING DELI, MAKING COFFEE, HANDLING PROBLEMS THAT CUSTOMERS MADE HAVE OR QUESTIONS ABOUT PRODUCTS. I LEARN HOW TO WORK AS A TEAM, HANDLING TROUBLE CUSTOMERS WITHOUT LOSING MY TEMPER. THE MANAGEMENT AT THE STORE WAS GREAT, EASY TO TALK TO MANAGERS AND GETTING PROBLEMS SOLVED. MY – more... CO WORKERS WAS LIKE A BIG FAMILY, EVERYONE HELP EVERYONE. MY SHIFT TEAM WORK GREAT WITH EACH OTHER. THE HARDEST PART TO HANDLE THE TRUCK DRIVES THAT WANT TROUBLE OR MADE THING HARDER FOR THE EMPLOYEES. FOR ME THE ENJOYABLE PART WAS COMING TO WORK TO A GOOD TEAM AND CUSTOMERS. – less
A fast paced job where you meet many kinds of people
Cashier/Stock (Current Employee), Georgetown, KYOctober 25, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: low pay, not enough workers for the workload
A typical day at work consists mainly of customer service. I help semi drivers obtain fuel and necesseties for their travels. I also help stock product in the store.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Salinas, CAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: discounts on resturant meals
Cons: work place politics
Good place to work. Always something to do and the time really fly's during season. dealing with truck drivers can be a difficult at times and you definitely deal with all walks of life here.
Good and Stable Company
Fuel Transport Driver (Current Employee), Odessa, TXOctober 22, 2014
Pros: management does not micro manage; 2 consecutive days off
Cons: 12 hour shifts
I really enjoy working for Pilot. Have no complaints. I go in work my 12 hour shift, put safety first and have no problems. The Company has very good benefits and retirement and good pay.
fun workplace and friendly workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Jamestown, NMOctober 21, 2014
I enjoyed working here because of the friendly environment. There was actually no hard part of doing this job. I mostly enjoyed helping the customers with what they needed and having small talk with people who were from out of the state of New Mexico.
Multi tasking at its finest
Certified Team Lead (Current Employee), Springdale, AROctober 16, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: insurance, atmosphere
Typical day of work you interact with a wide array of customers. You must be able to focus in tough situations (i.e. frustrated professional drivers, working under lots of pressure, multitasking with multiple machines and customers). You are on your feet for 8+ hours non-stop. There is a big overturn with Pilot (part time and full time).

I learned – more... how to multi task to the extreme, handling tough customers, understanding the world of professional drivers, etc.
Most enjoyable part of your job is getting to know regular customers (regular or professional drivers) and talking with people.
If you cannot handle conversing with drivers who have not been home for days, bathed, have had a long day, and they cuss at you; don't apply to Pilot.
This job is what you make of it. If you can work w/o taking things personally then you are good. – less
A Great Place to Work!
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Colby, KansasOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great comapny!
Cons: usually asked to work longer hours.
I loved working here. I worked here for a little over a year and loved every minute of it! I worked with a great group of people and I actually enjoyed coming to work! I worked Full Time and was in school Full Time and they worked with my schedule and my Equestrian Team Schedule! I enjoyed the regular truck drivers that came in. You made friends with – more... them, figured out their schedules and if you weren't there, they'd ask where you were. When I had to leave due to a tragic accident, my co-workers and customers sent me cards, texted me and made sure I was okay and did what they could to make sure I knew I was missed. I do not regret working for this company! – less
great experience
General Manger/Financial Trouble Shooter (Former Employee), differentOctober 9, 2014
my first job after college ,grew with the company for a long time
went through a divorce so had to leave the city
Not a good work environment.
Cashier (Former Employee), Madison, GAOctober 9, 2014
Cons: not enough hours. not enough pay.
They provided other workers with more hours than I received. I was barely working 5 days a week. I was hoping to be working more with this company than what I was working at my previous employer.
fun place, bad corporation
Shift Leader/Manager (Current Employee), Dexter, MIOctober 6, 2014
-fun people to work with, however only 50% of the staff are hard working
-hard to advance in the company
-pay raises once a year up to 5%
Pilot - not great
Gas Attendant (Current Employee), Mahwah, NJOctober 5, 2014
Pilot's computers systems are soley set up for self serve stations. In New Jersey where all gas stations are full serve Pilot stands out as an iffy job at best.

With a poor staff I dont find this job good at all.
An average day as a Guest Service Manager
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee), Gary, INOctober 4, 2014
Pros: i live 10 minutes away.
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work is all about ensuring that the travel center operates smoothly for the customers experience and also the employees. I have learned how to endure frustrated and diverse customers on a daily basis. I also learned the basics of managing an entire travel center with 50 employees and also how to utilize my multitasking skills when appropriate. – more... My co-workers are also a diverse group of people on the management team that assist with the daily functions to ensure quality service and goods for the customer. The hardest part of the job is the 10hr shift constant standing. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting customers and serving quality food. – less
Pilot.
Cashier/ Maintenance (Former Employee), Gilman, ILOctober 2, 2014
A day at pilot was face paced, constantly grinning from ear to ear, asking every single person how was their day.
Showing them what deals we have. Ringing up a customer, facing the store, sweeping and mopping. I learned that people can be mean, but you need to suck it up and smile. Management actually enjoyed their job, helping people with any question – more... they had. The hardest part was working how many hours I actually worked, lack of staff. I enjoyed being around people constantly. – less
Might be a location issue
Guest Service Leader II (Current Employee), Remington, INSeptember 29, 2014
I can see how other sites operate, but this site just seems to miss the mark continuously. There are managers that are disengaged, and communication is non-exisitent.

Since I began work there, there has been a steady decline in the staff with little replacement, and worse behaviors.
Unnecessarily inconsistent hours, openly poor pay structure
Service Leader (Current Employee), Danville, VASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: hours - you will get your 40 in, culture - informative videos are moving, entertaining, and educational
Cons: hours - you will commonly have shifts 10 hours or less apart from each other, pay - you will work your tail off with a barebones crew for peanuts and raises are an insult.
"If you pay an employee more, it will not guarantee that they'll work more." "If you pay an employee too much, what will be their reason for working harder or wanting to advance?" "People that don't want to advance are replaceable. There is room for people that will accept the minimum, and that is alright."
This has all been said to me not just by management, – more... but by corporate management, multiple times.

The institution, the core of what the business is, is legitimate, but it is poorly managed not just from my location, but throughout multiple states as evidenced from the employee's I've talked to. – less
Okay
Crew Member (Former Employee), Hebron, OHSeptember 21, 2014
Good company...Subway attached to Pilot was not the best during the time I worked there. However it could have gotten better during my time away.
great place to work
Janitorial (Former Employee), Colonial Heights, VASeptember 19, 2014
A typical day at work includes making sure all trash is taken out. all carpets are cleaned and bathrooms.
Overall I was happy working for Pilot
Cashier/Deli (Former Employee), Madera, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: time passes quickly and for the most part it is fun interacting with customers
Cons: some customers can be very rude and sometimes management could be more professional.
Overall I was happy working for Pilot. You work hard and it is very fast paced. Management could be more professional at times but I would work there again.
While at pilot.
Cashier (Former Employee), Franklin, OHSeptember 15, 2014
When I first started, I enjoyed working here and with the indivduals. I loved the rush hour and the fast pace of the job. While at work, there were things that needed to be done for the day such as cleaning, making bread, preparing sandwiches, and so forth. However, I felt like I wasn't going anywhere and started to seek a new career field. The management – more... also started to become a problem and became unorganized and unprofessional. I did appreciate what I did gain over there but came to the realization it was time to move on. – less
Shift Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee), Circleville, OHSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: provide great customer service
Cons: not very nice
I think pilot is a great place to shop at and more-likely to get gas at but not to work at because they do not cooperate with you very well when it comes to you having minor kids that has Illness's or anything else wrong with them. They also do not know how to schedule people properly and try to help them when it comes to certain issues.. Some of the – more... management was great until one of the managers left, than it fell down hill. I also felt like management had their favorites and they got away with a lot of things. I did enjoy working with a lot of the people that I did work with. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Pilot Travel Centers LLC

Pilot Flying J (PFJ), formerly Pilot Travel Centers, steers truckers and otherĀ motorists to more thanĀ 550 company-owned and -operated – Read more

Pilot Travel Centers LLC Photos