Pilot Travel Centers LLC

Pilot Travel Centers LLC Employer Reviews

Fun Enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMarch 20, 2015
For those who love customer service, great place to excel in customer satisfaction. You create great bonds with the "regulars" who come into the store as well as visitors. Easy and comfortable to do your job efficiently given the right ambition and attitude.
Great company to move up in
Guest Service Leader 2 (Shift Leader) (Current Employee), Pioneer, TNMarch 14, 2015
Pros: employee discount programs, bonus opportunities
Cons: labor is not distributed evenly, too much help on one shift, not enough on another.
Great training opportunities for advancement. Great to work with school and every day life schedules. 24 hour establishment, giving 3 shift options.
Productive and Fun Work Enviroment
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 4, 2015
Pilot Flying J employee's are like family. Management does a wonderful job bringing the employee's together. I thoroughly enjoy my position with Pilot.
It was a fun place to work I met a lot of different personalities
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Richfield, OHFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: they had really good health insurance and in store perks
Cons: i worked with a lot of teenagers that called off a lot
I worked in Wendy's which is a part of Pilot truck stop. My typical day would be either opening and setting up for breakfast and doing the daily prep, preparing the food or working the front counter register and the drive through register. I also worked the third shift and we cleaned the whole restaurant, prepared the food and ran the registers; that shift only had 3 people working unless it was ski season. And we prepared breakfast for the 1st shift. We went through a lot of managers because Pilot would rotate management. The hardest part of the job was working 3rd shift with only three people. But because it was a truck stop I met a lot of colorful people and that brightened my day.
Horrible
Coffee Hostess (Former Employee), Avon, OHFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: the customers
Cons: very unprofessional
One of the worst places I have worked. When I was there the management team was very unprofessional. They all talked behind each others backs. They played favoritism, and if you weren't in the click you were forced out. I have heard they are under new management now, so maybe things are different. They customers are great there.
A day at Pilot
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa,ALFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: flexible scheule
Cons: benefits were extremely high
A typical day at Pilot was cool. Vey fast paced which made time go by quickly. As far as scheduling, depending on the manager, you have a lot more flexibility. Pilot was your basic customer service dealing with citizens as well as truck drivers. I enjoyed meeting people everyday including the rude ones.
Great work atmosphere. Always something to do :)
Deli Production Employee/Coffee Host (Current Employee), Madera, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: 1 week paid vacation after 1 year, benefits for full and part time employees, they also are willing to work around school schedules for those who are still attending school.
Cons: only 30 min lunch
Great coworkers. Always something to do. You see all types of people from all over here. I was interviewed and hired on the spot and started the next day :). They train you here. Over all its a great place to work. They have a Cinnabon counter here a Subway Restaurant, they have showers and laundry room. They sell pizza 24 hours a day . They sell all kinds of freshly made food and tons of coffee!
Great environment to work in
Operations Administrator/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Wildwood, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks and 2 other breaks
Cons: not alot of room for advancement
The best part about working at the Pilot was getting to meet and help all of the different people. I loved the fast pace and the multi-tasking skills i gained from here prepared me for my next roll
fun enviroment
Coffee Host (Current Employee), Dexter, MIFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: unlimited refills on purcased drinks
Cons: have to pay full price
the hardest part of the job is keeping up with the coffee that the truckers drink. it is an enjoyable job you meet new people and learn about there travels.
Fun and fast pace work enviroment
Coffee hostes/cashier (Former Employee), KYFebruary 2, 2015
Everyday I would make sure the coffee was made and keep up as well as the food and condiments. I would also make sure my station was clean and organized. I was also required to order food and keep records. If and when I was needed I would also help my fellow coworkers by cleaning different areas around the store and also running the cash register. I enjoyed working at Pilot/Flying J and the people I worked with. I also enjoyed interacting with the customers and being able to form a professional relationship with some of the regular customers that came through.
This place has good benefits but some management is not good.
Customer Service/ Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours
I would work for this company again but in another city.The management team in Memphis needs to be retrained and stop showing favoritism.
Deli Manager and Coffee Host
Coffee Host/Deli Manager (Former Employee), Marengo, OHJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: discounts, secret shoppers report if 90% and above my bonus checks
Cons: ended too early, one co-worker
I apologize if you are reviewing this as when I was writing my review for IHop while getting the kids ready for bed I misunderstood and made a review on how my dream job day would be. Hopefully I can correct it.

A typical day at Pilot I went into work at 5 a.m. during which I had a issue with a overnight employee whom wanted my position before I had gotten hired. So me being me I still managed to smile and say good morning to my co-workers regardless of the response. I'd then make sure all 6 coffee pots were brewing with fresh coffee,my creamers were stocked, breakfast food was hot and ready while greeting customers and taking inventory and calculating my sells for the previous day. The hardest part of my job was not getting along with that one co-worker. The most enjoyable part of my job was my customers,my hours and my ability to stay busy till the end of my shift.
No Loyalty or Connection with People
Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: pay bonus and benefits
Cons: make a mistake or cross someone --your done
Carrots on a stick
Make one mistake your done
TOO POLITICAL
Money Money Money
No investment in people
Unless you go to UT, your 20 years old
Your republican, good looking and they know your dad
fun fun fun
Restaurant Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Waynesville, NCJanuary 6, 2015
lots of fun working here. I have worked here on and off for ten years. through school, and keeping this as a part time job. the manager is flexible and will work around any schedule. being at a truckstop, it is constantly busy, you are meeting new people and always having something to do. there is never any siting around time.
fast pace environment with an overwhelming amount of food knowledge required
R..G.M (Current Employee), north little rock arJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: asvancement
Cons: long hours
Food Safety is always the focal point of the start of your day, following with ensuring that your team is following process and providing our with outstanding customer service. through out the day utilizing time management skills and ensuring the company is profitable. co-workers were from all walks a life and that is something that enjoyed about the job hardest part about the job was long the long hours with no over time being i was on salary. i learned to resolve conflict and time management with this company
Very solid company
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee), Central Point, ORJanuary 5, 2015
It is a high energy place and is good place to be. It was very positive, and very competitive, which I love
Frustrating
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnemucca, NVDecember 30, 2014
Pros: we got 50% off our lunch at subway when we were on the clock.
Cons: managers don't listen to their employees, when the employees are the ones who deal with the customers the most.
Well when I started there we went through 4 different managers. It was fun on the graveyard shift til the last manager I had decided he was going to save money by cutting my maintenance, and expected the cashiers to do what they were suppose to do along with cleaning showers fixing vapor locks on the diesel pumps. Dealing with truck drivers who wanted showers at 3 in the morning when there were no clean ones. But according to the manager no showers were sold in the middle of the night.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Salinas, CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: discounts at subway
Cons: learning the complexity of the cash register
The majority of the day at pilot was pre-paying gas pumps. On slow days, I would stock snacks and beverages. I learned how to process checks and use a fax machine. Management was always helpful when I had questions and concerns. My co-workers made the job fun because of how friendly they were. The hardest part of the job was remembering all of the different cigarette names. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know customers from all over the country.
Face paced management
General Manager (Former Employee), Central Point, ORDecember 3, 2014
Pros: pay and management
Cons: hours
Ran all aspects of business. Taco Bell, Subway and Truck Stop with over 60 employees.
na
Coffee host, cashier, stock (Former Employee), Pleasant Hills, NCDecember 2, 2014
I worked at the Pilot a little over two years
had a great team
very enjoyable
i was dedicated and hard working

1 2 3 4 5

About Pilot Travel Centers LLC

Pilot Flying J (PFJ), formerly Pilot Travel Centers, steers truckers and otherĀ motorists to more thanĀ 550 company-owned and -operated – Read more

Pilot Travel Centers LLC Photos