Pilot Travel Centers LLC

Pilot Travel Centers LLC United States Employee Reviews

Bad Place to work
Food Services Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILApril 20, 2015
General management at the store is rude and make threats and force people to quit that he does like and would not work hear again.
Very Productive , fast paced place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dalton, GAApril 20, 2015
Pros: having a 401k was awesome, great insurance that was very cheap
Cons: sometime people would call in just before it was time for me to get off, and I would have to stay until mgnt could try to find someone else, and sometime they could'nt, so I would pull double shift .
Working at the Pilot was a very fun place too work . I met different people from all over the world and i became friends with a few of them even to this day . I enjoyed the people that I worked with i loved my shift, and most of all I enjoyed unloading the truck and stocking the shelves and cooler because I saw it as a form of exercising while getting paid for it.
Trash picker upper and all around ground and house keeping
Maintenance/Cashier (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Meeting different types of people, staying busy
Cons: pay rate, cleaning behind grown men.
I enjoyed this job because I got to meet a lot of nice people from all over the country. I got to be indoors and outdoors. I actually had to work hard. Scrubbing floors, toilets, shower walls etc. I made sure that everything was working properly throughout the property. I also was cross working. I was being a cashier and covering cashier shifts and also maintenance on some days. I enjoyed working hard and staying busy. I learned how to take a gas pump apart and put it back together. The hardest part of the whole job is working on the gas pumps. The reason I left this job is because I had a baby and I was not getting hours I needed.
Awful place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJApril 12, 2015
Asst. Managers work every weekend
No room for advancement
GM had no business being a manager
Co-workers mostly ex drug users on probation
Terrible atmosphere to work in
Compensation was terrible
horrible company
former frac tech (Former Employee), seminoleApril 12, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
This is by far worst company i ever worked for took away drive time really??? Benefits are horrible management is horrible people dont know what there doing. Dispatch doesnt know how to communicate an bad communication all around u never know when ur working or off i mean i could go on an on im glad i got out
fast pace and friendly
restaurant general manager (Current Employee), Russellville, ARApril 2, 2015
Responsible for managing paper cost, food cost and labor budget. Track and examine profit and loss statements to ensure the store is making target. Ordering for my store and booking all invoices. Construct all scheduling for entire store to provide coverage during peak times. Conduct cashier audits. Prepare staff and store for audits. Supervise staff with my upmost attention and coach with positive feedback to create an overall positive atmosphere. Ensure all employees are properly trained with company policies and are current on all updates within the company
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Barstow, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: None
Enjoyable place to work. Professional environment with positive people. Management was great. Awesome company culture. Great communication within the company. I learned a lot about customer service and hard work.
Fun Enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMarch 20, 2015
For those who love customer service, great place to excel in customer satisfaction. You create great bonds with the "regulars" who come into the store as well as visitors. Easy and comfortable to do your job efficiently given the right ambition and attitude.
Great company to move up in
Guest Service Leader 2 (Shift Leader) (Current Employee), Pioneer, TNMarch 14, 2015
Pros: employee discount programs, bonus opportunities
Cons: labor is not distributed evenly, too much help on one shift, not enough on another.
Great training opportunities for advancement. Great to work with school and every day life schedules. 24 hour establishment, giving 3 shift options.
Productive and Fun Work Enviroment
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 4, 2015
Pilot Flying J employee's are like family. Management does a wonderful job bringing the employee's together. I thoroughly enjoy my position with Pilot.
It was a fun place to work I met a lot of different personalities
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Richfield, OHFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: they had really good health insurance and in store perks
Cons: i worked with a lot of teenagers that called off a lot
I worked in Wendy's which is a part of Pilot truck stop. My typical day would be either opening and setting up for breakfast and doing the daily prep, preparing the food or working the front counter register and the drive through register. I also worked the third shift and we cleaned the whole restaurant, prepared the food and ran the registers; that shift only had 3 people working unless it was ski season. And we prepared breakfast for the 1st shift. We went through a lot of managers because Pilot would rotate management. The hardest part of the job was working 3rd shift with only three people. But because it was a truck stop I met a lot of colorful people and that brightened my day.
Horrible
Coffee Hostess (Former Employee), Avon, OHFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: the customers
Cons: very unprofessional
One of the worst places I have worked. When I was there the management team was very unprofessional. They all talked behind each others backs. They played favoritism, and if you weren't in the click you were forced out. I have heard they are under new management now, so maybe things are different. They customers are great there.
A day at Pilot
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa,ALFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: flexible scheule
Cons: benefits were extremely high
A typical day at Pilot was cool. Vey fast paced which made time go by quickly. As far as scheduling, depending on the manager, you have a lot more flexibility. Pilot was your basic customer service dealing with citizens as well as truck drivers. I enjoyed meeting people everyday including the rude ones.
Great work atmosphere. Always something to do :)
Deli Production Employee/Coffee Host (Current Employee), Madera, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: 1 week paid vacation after 1 year, benefits for full and part time employees, they also are willing to work around school schedules for those who are still attending school.
Cons: only 30 min lunch
Great coworkers. Always something to do. You see all types of people from all over here. I was interviewed and hired on the spot and started the next day :). They train you here. Over all its a great place to work. They have a Cinnabon counter here a Subway Restaurant, they have showers and laundry room. They sell pizza 24 hours a day . They sell all kinds of freshly made food and tons of coffee!
Great environment to work in
Operations Administrator/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Wildwood, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks and 2 other breaks
Cons: not alot of room for advancement
The best part about working at the Pilot was getting to meet and help all of the different people. I loved the fast pace and the multi-tasking skills i gained from here prepared me for my next roll
fun enviroment
Coffee Host (Current Employee), Dexter, MIFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: unlimited refills on purcased drinks
Cons: have to pay full price
the hardest part of the job is keeping up with the coffee that the truckers drink. it is an enjoyable job you meet new people and learn about there travels.
Fun and fast pace work enviroment
Coffee hostes/cashier (Former Employee), KYFebruary 2, 2015
Everyday I would make sure the coffee was made and keep up as well as the food and condiments. I would also make sure my station was clean and organized. I was also required to order food and keep records. If and when I was needed I would also help my fellow coworkers by cleaning different areas around the store and also running the cash register. I enjoyed working at Pilot/Flying J and the people I worked with. I also enjoyed interacting with the customers and being able to form a professional relationship with some of the regular customers that came through.
This place has good benefits but some management is not good.
Customer Service/ Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours
I would work for this company again but in another city.The management team in Memphis needs to be retrained and stop showing favoritism.
Deli Manager and Coffee Host
Coffee Host/Deli Manager (Former Employee), Marengo, OHJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: discounts, secret shoppers report if 90% and above my bonus checks
Cons: ended too early, one co-worker
I apologize if you are reviewing this as when I was writing my review for IHop while getting the kids ready for bed I misunderstood and made a review on how my dream job day would be. Hopefully I can correct it.

A typical day at Pilot I went into work at 5 a.m. during which I had a issue with a overnight employee whom wanted my position before I had gotten hired. So me being me I still managed to smile and say good morning to my co-workers regardless of the response. I'd then make sure all 6 coffee pots were brewing with fresh coffee,my creamers were stocked, breakfast food was hot and ready while greeting customers and taking inventory and calculating my sells for the previous day. The hardest part of my job was not getting along with that one co-worker. The most enjoyable part of my job was my customers,my hours and my ability to stay busy till the end of my shift.
No Loyalty or Connection with People
Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: pay bonus and benefits
Cons: make a mistake or cross someone --your done
Carrots on a stick
Make one mistake your done
TOO POLITICAL
Money Money Money
No investment in people
Unless you go to UT, your 20 years old
Your republican, good looking and they know your dad

1 2 3 4 5

About Pilot Travel Centers LLC

Pilot Flying J (PFJ), formerly Pilot Travel Centers, steers truckers and otherĀ motorists to more thanĀ 550 company-owned and -operated – Read more

Pilot Travel Centers LLC Salaries