Pilot Travel Centers LLC

Pilot Travel Centers LLC Employer Reviews

This place has good benefits but some management is not good.
Customer Service/ Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours
I would work for this company again but in another city.The management team in Memphis needs to be retrained and stop showing favoritism.
Deli Manager and Coffee Host
Coffee Host/Deli Manager (Former Employee), Marengo, OHJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: discounts, secret shoppers report if 90% and above my bonus checks
Cons: ended too early, one co-worker
I apologize if you are reviewing this as when I was writing my review for IHop while getting the kids ready for bed I misunderstood and made a review on how my dream job day would be. Hopefully I can correct it.

A typical day at Pilot I went into work at 5 a.m. during which I had a issue with a overnight employee whom wanted my position before I had gotten hired. So me being me I still managed to smile and say good morning to my co-workers regardless of the response. I'd then make sure all 6 coffee pots were brewing with fresh coffee,my creamers were stocked, breakfast food was hot and ready while greeting customers and taking inventory and calculating my sells for the previous day. The hardest part of my job was not getting along with that one co-worker. The most enjoyable part of my job was my customers,my hours and my ability to stay busy till the end of my shift.
No Loyalty or Connection with People
Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: pay bonus and benefits
Cons: make a mistake or cross someone --your done
Carrots on a stick
Make one mistake your done
TOO POLITICAL
Money Money Money
No investment in people
Unless you go to UT, your 20 years old
Your republican, good looking and they know your dad
fun fun fun
Restaurant Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Waynesville, NCJanuary 6, 2015
lots of fun working here. I have worked here on and off for ten years. through school, and keeping this as a part time job. the manager is flexible and will work around any schedule. being at a truckstop, it is constantly busy, you are meeting new people and always having something to do. there is never any siting around time.
fast pace environment with an overwhelming amount of food knowledge required
R..G.M (Current Employee), north little rock arJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: asvancement
Cons: long hours
Food Safety is always the focal point of the start of your day, following with ensuring that your team is following process and providing our with outstanding customer service. through out the day utilizing time management skills and ensuring the company is profitable. co-workers were from all walks a life and that is something that enjoyed about the job hardest part about the job was long the long hours with no over time being i was on salary. i learned to resolve conflict and time management with this company
Very solid company
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee), Central Point, ORJanuary 5, 2015
It is a high energy place and is good place to be. It was very positive, and very competitive, which I love
Frustrating
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnemucca, NVDecember 30, 2014
Pros: we got 50% off our lunch at subway when we were on the clock.
Cons: managers don't listen to their employees, when the employees are the ones who deal with the customers the most.
Well when I started there we went through 4 different managers. It was fun on the graveyard shift til the last manager I had decided he was going to save money by cutting my maintenance, and expected the cashiers to do what they were suppose to do along with cleaning showers fixing vapor locks on the diesel pumps. Dealing with truck drivers who wanted showers at 3 in the morning when there were no clean ones. But according to the manager no showers were sold in the middle of the night.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Salinas, CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: discounts at subway
Cons: learning the complexity of the cash register
The majority of the day at pilot was pre-paying gas pumps. On slow days, I would stock snacks and beverages. I learned how to process checks and use a fax machine. Management was always helpful when I had questions and concerns. My co-workers made the job fun because of how friendly they were. The hardest part of the job was remembering all of the different cigarette names. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know customers from all over the country.
Face paced management
General Manager (Former Employee), Central Point, ORDecember 3, 2014
Pros: pay and management
Cons: hours
Ran all aspects of business. Taco Bell, Subway and Truck Stop with over 60 employees.
na
Coffee host, cashier, stock (Former Employee), Pleasant Hills, NCDecember 2, 2014
I worked at the Pilot a little over two years
had a great team
very enjoyable
i was dedicated and hard working
Fast pace environment fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Gary, INNovember 24, 2014
Pros: discount lunch
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at Pilot would be fast and always busy. I've learned excellent management skills by training every new cashier that was hired. My co worker were fun women and always kept a positive attitude. The hardest part about my job nothing because I enjoyed working with people that made my day more enjoyable.
Pilot
General Services Leader 2 (Former Employee), Kearney, MONovember 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, bonuses
Cons: employees always calling in and not showing up, higher management not stepping up
Love the company but the store I worked for was ran horribly. Great benefits package and monthly bonuses if your store hits your quota. The higher management would never cover shifts, so it was up to us as shift leads to cover the shifts or suffer. The store seemed like a revolving door, people in and out of a job constantly. Too much stress for the low pay.
love this job
Cashier (Former Employee), West Monroe, LANovember 16, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
i love this job. i would shop here anyday. this is a well ran business.
very productive and can be fun on some days
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2014
Pros: food discount
Cons: not that good a discount on merchandise in the store
very good place to work if its the only job you have but if you attend school it won't work.
An Enjoyable Place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Decatur, AlabamaNovember 12, 2014
Meeting New People from all parts of the world
I Have an Awesome Boss, all the co-workers were enjoyable to work with
Co-workers and customer interactiveness
Logistics Team Leader/Back-Up Cashier (Former Employee), Jamestown, NMNovember 10, 2014
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: benefits and pay rate
Work days were fairly easy, enjoyed working the cashier position and interacting with customers.
Food Server (Former Employee), Sutton, WVNovember 7, 2014
they will make you work off the clock and not pay you for it, they treat you like a door mat, others will talk about you behind your back
Truck stop
Supervisor/RSS (Current Employee), Daleville, INNovember 6, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: low pay
Run the cash register, ordering, counting inventory. A typical day at work is stocking and customer service. The management is not supportive when it comes to your family life or helping out when needed. The co-workers have good traits just not team work. The enjoyable parts is seeing the customers that come in every day and making them smile.
great work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 5, 2014
Meet a lot of new people and celebrities. Good work environment and excellent co workers
I have a love for doing electrical work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Albany, GAOctober 28, 2014
A typical day at work, is to learn anything Im not knowledgeable of.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pilot Travel Centers LLC

Pilot Flying J (PFJ), formerly Pilot Travel Centers, steers truckers and otherĀ motorists to more thanĀ 550 company-owned and -operated – Read more

Pilot Travel Centers LLC Photos