Pilot Travel Centers LLC

Pilot Travel Centers LLC Employer Reviews

Face paced management
General Manager (Former Employee), Central Point, ORDecember 3, 2014
Pros: pay and management
Cons: hours
Ran all aspects of business. Taco Bell, Subway and Truck Stop with over 60 employees.
na
Coffee host, cashier, stock (Former Employee), Pleasant Hills, NCDecember 2, 2014
I worked at the Pilot a little over two years
had a great team
very enjoyable
i was dedicated and hard working
Fast pace environment fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Gary, INNovember 24, 2014
Pros: discount lunch
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at Pilot would be fast and always busy. I've learned excellent management skills by training every new cashier that was hired. My co worker were fun women and always kept a positive attitude. The hardest part about my job nothing because I enjoyed working with people that made my day more enjoyable.
Pilot
General Services Leader 2 (Former Employee), Kearney, MONovember 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, bonuses
Cons: employees always calling in and not showing up, higher management not stepping up
Love the company but the store I worked for was ran horribly. Great benefits package and monthly bonuses if your store hits your quota. The higher management would never cover shifts, so it was up to us as shift leads to cover the shifts or suffer. The store seemed like a revolving door, people in and out of a job constantly. Too much stress for the – more... low pay. – less
love this job
Cashier (Former Employee), West Monroe, LANovember 16, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
i love this job. i would shop here anyday. this is a well ran business.
very productive and can be fun on some days
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2014
Pros: food discount
Cons: not that good a discount on merchandise in the store
very good place to work if its the only job you have but if you attend school it won't work.
An Enjoyable Place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Decatur, AlabamaNovember 12, 2014
Meeting New People from all parts of the world
I Have an Awesome Boss, all the co-workers were enjoyable to work with
Co-workers and customer interactiveness
Logistics Team Leader/Back-Up Cashier (Former Employee), Jamestown, NMNovember 10, 2014
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: benefits and pay rate
Work days were fairly easy, enjoyed working the cashier position and interacting with customers.
Food Server (Former Employee), Sutton, WVNovember 7, 2014
they will make you work off the clock and not pay you for it, they treat you like a door mat, others will talk about you behind your back
Truck stop
Supervisor/RSS (Current Employee), Daleville, INNovember 6, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: low pay
Run the cash register, ordering, counting inventory. A typical day at work is stocking and customer service. The management is not supportive when it comes to your family life or helping out when needed. The co-workers have good traits just not team work. The enjoyable parts is seeing the customers that come in every day and making them smile.
great work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 5, 2014
Meet a lot of new people and celebrities. Good work environment and excellent co workers
I have a love for doing electrical work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Albany, GAOctober 28, 2014
A typical day at work, is to learn anything Im not knowledgeable of.
Pilot is a solid company owned by a great family that has shown how to give back to the community.
Senior Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNOctober 27, 2014
Pros: solid financially strong and growing company.
Cons: advancement opportunities and staff advancement limited.
Work is fast paced and challenging. Co-workers are friendly and family oriented. Good team environment. Senior Management is outstanding.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with growing card fraud in today's business environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job is hiring recent graduates and helping them start their careers.
FUN AND CHALLEGE PLACE TO WORK
Cashier (Former Employee), KANNAPOLIS NCOctober 26, 2014
TYPICAL DAY IS WAITING ON CUSTOMERS, CLEANING SHOWERS AND RESTROOMS, DETAILING DELI, MAKING COFFEE, HANDLING PROBLEMS THAT CUSTOMERS MADE HAVE OR QUESTIONS ABOUT PRODUCTS. I LEARN HOW TO WORK AS A TEAM, HANDLING TROUBLE CUSTOMERS WITHOUT LOSING MY TEMPER. THE MANAGEMENT AT THE STORE WAS GREAT, EASY TO TALK TO MANAGERS AND GETTING PROBLEMS SOLVED. MY – more... CO WORKERS WAS LIKE A BIG FAMILY, EVERYONE HELP EVERYONE. MY SHIFT TEAM WORK GREAT WITH EACH OTHER. THE HARDEST PART TO HANDLE THE TRUCK DRIVES THAT WANT TROUBLE OR MADE THING HARDER FOR THE EMPLOYEES. FOR ME THE ENJOYABLE PART WAS COMING TO WORK TO A GOOD TEAM AND CUSTOMERS. – less
A fast paced job where you meet many kinds of people
Cashier/Stock (Current Employee), Georgetown, KYOctober 25, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: low pay, not enough workers for the workload
A typical day at work consists mainly of customer service. I help semi drivers obtain fuel and necesseties for their travels. I also help stock product in the store.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Salinas, CAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: discounts on resturant meals
Cons: work place politics
Good place to work. Always something to do and the time really fly's during season. dealing with truck drivers can be a difficult at times and you definitely deal with all walks of life here.
Good and Stable Company
Fuel Transport Driver (Current Employee), Odessa, TXOctober 22, 2014
Pros: management does not micro manage; 2 consecutive days off
Cons: 12 hour shifts
I really enjoy working for Pilot. Have no complaints. I go in work my 12 hour shift, put safety first and have no problems. The Company has very good benefits and retirement and good pay.
fun workplace and friendly workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Jamestown, NMOctober 21, 2014
I enjoyed working here because of the friendly environment. There was actually no hard part of doing this job. I mostly enjoyed helping the customers with what they needed and having small talk with people who were from out of the state of New Mexico.
Multi tasking at its finest
Certified Team Lead (Current Employee), Springdale, AROctober 16, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: insurance, atmosphere
Typical day of work you interact with a wide array of customers. You must be able to focus in tough situations (i.e. frustrated professional drivers, working under lots of pressure, multitasking with multiple machines and customers). You are on your feet for 8+ hours non-stop. There is a big overturn with Pilot (part time and full time).

I learned – more... how to multi task to the extreme, handling tough customers, understanding the world of professional drivers, etc.
Most enjoyable part of your job is getting to know regular customers (regular or professional drivers) and talking with people.
If you cannot handle conversing with drivers who have not been home for days, bathed, have had a long day, and they cuss at you; don't apply to Pilot.
This job is what you make of it. If you can work w/o taking things personally then you are good. – less
A Great Place to Work!
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Colby, KansasOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great comapny!
Cons: usually asked to work longer hours.
I loved working here. I worked here for a little over a year and loved every minute of it! I worked with a great group of people and I actually enjoyed coming to work! I worked Full Time and was in school Full Time and they worked with my schedule and my Equestrian Team Schedule! I enjoyed the regular truck drivers that came in. You made friends with – more... them, figured out their schedules and if you weren't there, they'd ask where you were. When I had to leave due to a tragic accident, my co-workers and customers sent me cards, texted me and made sure I was okay and did what they could to make sure I knew I was missed. I do not regret working for this company! – less

1 2 3 4 5