Pilot Travel Centers LLC

Pilot Travel Centers LLC Employer Reviews

Great place to work!
Cashier I Customer Service/Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Gary, INMarch 5, 2014
Pros: great benefits and growth potential.
Cons: downtime
A typical day at Pilot includes cashiering, customer service, stocking merchandise and refreshing the concession area. At Pilot is a great place to learn conflict resolution and becoming a problem solver with corporate accounts. Management is firm, yet understanding and makes it clear of what is expected of their employees. Co-workers typically work – more... together to get day-to-day tasks accomplished. The hardest part of the day is when peak are hours are down and finding more work to consume. The most enjoyable part of the day when we are at our busiest and customers are happy and production is increased. – less
great job opportunity
Team Leader (Current Employee), North Palm Springs, CAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: bonus every month 401k management opportunities
great work place, friendly atmosphere and excellent benefits such as 401k bonus every month, get to meet great people.
The day of a manager at a truck stop
Manager (Current Employee), Canton, OHFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: health insurance, amount of raises
Cons: environment, lack of crew
A typical day at work for me is great but sometimes overwhelming. Every morning when i get there at 6:00 am my first order of business is to change the register drawer and make sure the computer is changed over to the new work day. After that it is usually prep work or cleaning and stocking making sure everything is ready for the day. On Thursdays i – more... do payroll as soon as I get in. And on Fridays we have our truck come in, which I put away. I have great co-workers that really enjoy their job, and i try my hardest to make sure they have some fun to their day. The most stressful part of this job is the fact that we don't have that many crew members. There are days, especially weekends that someone will call off but nobody else can come in. Those days get hard fast especially if it is busy. There are also many days that i have ended up working an eight hour shift by myself which can get hard and difficult for me. – less
overall a good place to work not as a manger
shift superiviser (Current Employee), simpsonville kyFebruary 21, 2014
I have learned many things throughout my years but I feel like the managers are starting to treat me badly and I am ready to start a career not a job
Great Company
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: discounts at restaurants in store working in
Days were about the same every day. Management is almost always great. There is no hard part of the job, its rather easy to learn how do everything and be able to multi-task.
Always busy
Customer service, cash handling, stocking, cashier (Former Employee), Dunnigan CaFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, fast paced
Cons: very busy
Was a really good company to work for. They provided benefits and room to grow with the company. All the employees were pleasant to work with and management was on top of things. Shifts seem to fly by because of the steady business from guests.
Co-Manager
Travel Center Manager (Current Employee), Gilman, ILFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: a steady paycheck with benefits
Cons: everything else
One of the worst places I have ever worked. As a manager, you are basically a glorified cashier, stock boy, and maintenance man. This company is currently undergoing a corporate re-structure and eliminating many of their managers. As a manager, you will experience endless mystery shops and visits from corporate idiots. The general manager that I worked – more... for was decent, but basically powerless. The upper management is completely unrealistic in their expectations for the amount of labor that each store is allotted. – less
Great company
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Florence, SCFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: great benefits and advancement opportunities
Cons: attutudes and people that dont care
I enjoy working for Pilot Travel Center, they are a very structured company with a great business atmosphere. To be honest a typical day at work is very stressful. The people are set in their ways and are not very adaptive to change. The attitudes in the store is terrible and people do not care about the job.
Everybody DOES NOT love working at Pilot
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: 2 days off always together
Cons: quality of life, hours, no direction, equipment issues, benefits
Lot's of space between their promises and their reality. Benefits are less than par. Deductable on medical insurance, whoever heard? Manager's have to pay for their food, whoever heard? A typical day is chaos. No clear direction from upper management, it's more like the focus of the day. Company does not respond to request for equipment and facility – more... repairs. – less
Review
General Manager (Current Employee), Georgetown, KYFebruary 3, 2014
Very busy day taking care of customers and balancing the things that have to be done on a management level.
Customer Service
Team Leader (Current Employee), Midway, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Gained experience in customer service, and good work ethic
Not very Nice
Wendys (Former Employee), chester vaJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: half off lunches
Cons: having to deal with alot of negativity
the management there is not very nice. they don't like working with schedules even with their part timers.
A nice place to work part time, lots of room for opportunity of advancement if noticed.
Crew Leader/Deli Attendant (Former Employee), Benton Harbor, MIJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: 50 percent off lunch
Cons: no opportunity or incentives for advancement
A days work was fun because of the people you work with, and what I learned from it is that anyone that is given an opportunity to learn can advance and become one in leadership position.The hardest part of the job is that you leave knowing that you didn't give your best even though you tried.
Living conditions @ the Pilot logistics MANCAMP,,,
Rig fuel transporter (Former Employee), Tioga NDJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: rig fueling is a fine job.
Cons: management don't care, sleep deprivation will make you crazy, you will quit, and pls will claim you were "discharged"
8 men to a double wide trailer!
2 men to a tiny room
1 Bunk bed for both men
The 1 on the bottom cannot sit up straight in his bunk
No place to put belongings but on the-FLOOR(which is a filthy carpet)
Unless you sleep like a rock..You will be woke up every time your Bunk Buddy climbs in or out.
Not to mention the smells...
productive
Administrative Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee), Lorain, OHJanuary 24, 2014
Fun ,Great atmosphere, a great place to grow and learn new things,at a fast pace
Fast Paced and Great People
Team Leader (Current Employee), Eaton, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: experiencing all cultures of people, regular and local customers, some truly great co-workers, fast paced and busy
Cons: upper management doesn't treat others very well, my daily commute
it is repetitive as far as a typical day at work, upper management tends to take things out on employees (call offs with excused absences then cutting their hours), upper management shows favoritism, my co-workers are some of the best and a few will probably remain life long friends. until recently i have really enjoyed working here and liked almost – more... everything about it, until upper management changed yet again. – less
Professional fast paced environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moriarty, NMJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: opportunity to learn more about a new company.
Cons: opening a new store with all new employees at once.
Typical day required fast hard quality work. I learned to sharpen my personal skills even more. Management was very supportive and encouraging. Hardest part of job was not much! Most enjoyable was engaging with customers and making my employers proud.
typical work
Shift Leader (Former Employee), TXJanuary 13, 2014
overall an ok company to work for lots of false promotions . I learned alot of the trucking business. Management was ok. Co-workers ok
Fast paced work place
Employee (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 8, 2014
A demanding workplace where co-workers feel like family. More is always expected of you. A place where 110% is a must on your day-to-day job activites.
General Manager needs evaluated!!!!
Former employee (Former Employee), smithton PaJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: drama
General Manager needed serious evaluation!! I loved the job, but the drama and the constant attacks on employees was totally uncalled for.. Hard working employees were unappreciated but the slackers and "favorites" were rewarded???????

18ghu9tai5ncgait – February 11, 2014

The GM at this location is just not at all a good person to work for. Treats employees as though they are beneath her. And if you try to do a good job and appear to have a brain she is very threatened.. She will make your life a living hell!

About Pilot Travel Centers LLC

Pilot Flying J (PFJ), formerly Pilot Travel Centers, steers truckers and otherĀ motorists to more thanĀ 550 company-owned and -operated – Read more

Pilot Travel Centers LLC Photos