Pilot Travel Centers LLC

Pilot Travel Centers LLC Employer Reviews

Everybody DOES NOT love working at Pilot
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: 2 days off always together
Cons: quality of life, hours, no direction, equipment issues, benefits
Lot's of space between their promises and their reality. Benefits are less than par. Deductable on medical insurance, whoever heard? Manager's have to pay for their food, whoever heard? A typical day is chaos. No clear direction from upper management, it's more like the focus of the day. Company does not respond to request for equipment and facility – more... repairs. – less
Review
General Manager (Current Employee), Georgetown, KYFebruary 3, 2014
Very busy day taking care of customers and balancing the things that have to be done on a management level.
Customer Service
Team Leader (Current Employee), Midway, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Gained experience in customer service, and good work ethic
Not very Nice
Wendys (Former Employee), chester vaJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: half off lunches
Cons: having to deal with alot of negativity
the management there is not very nice. they don't like working with schedules even with their part timers.
A nice place to work part time, lots of room for opportunity of advancement if noticed.
Crew Leader/Deli Attendant (Former Employee), Benton Harbor, MIJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: 50 percent off lunch
Cons: no opportunity or incentives for advancement
A days work was fun because of the people you work with, and what I learned from it is that anyone that is given an opportunity to learn can advance and become one in leadership position.The hardest part of the job is that you leave knowing that you didn't give your best even though you tried.
Living conditions @ the Pilot logistics MANCAMP,,,
Rig fuel transporter (Former Employee), Tioga NDJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: rig fueling is a fine job.
Cons: management don't care, sleep deprivation will make you crazy, you will quit, and pls will claim you were "discharged"
8 men to a double wide trailer!
2 men to a tiny room
1 Bunk bed for both men
The 1 on the bottom cannot sit up straight in his bunk
No place to put belongings but on the-FLOOR(which is a filthy carpet)
Unless you sleep like a rock..You will be woke up every time your Bunk Buddy climbs in or out.
Not to mention the smells...
productive
Administrative Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee), Lorain, OHJanuary 24, 2014
Fun ,Great atmosphere, a great place to grow and learn new things,at a fast pace
Fast Paced and Great People
Team Leader (Current Employee), Eaton, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: experiencing all cultures of people, regular and local customers, some truly great co-workers, fast paced and busy
Cons: upper management doesn't treat others very well, my daily commute
it is repetitive as far as a typical day at work, upper management tends to take things out on employees (call offs with excused absences then cutting their hours), upper management shows favoritism, my co-workers are some of the best and a few will probably remain life long friends. until recently i have really enjoyed working here and liked almost – more... everything about it, until upper management changed yet again. – less
Professional fast paced environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moriarty, NMJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: opportunity to learn more about a new company.
Cons: opening a new store with all new employees at once.
Typical day required fast hard quality work. I learned to sharpen my personal skills even more. Management was very supportive and encouraging. Hardest part of job was not much! Most enjoyable was engaging with customers and making my employers proud.
typical work
Shift Leader (Former Employee), TXJanuary 13, 2014
overall an ok company to work for lots of false promotions . I learned alot of the trucking business. Management was ok. Co-workers ok
Fast paced work place
Employee (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 8, 2014
A demanding workplace where co-workers feel like family. More is always expected of you. A place where 110% is a must on your day-to-day job activites.
General Manager needs evaluated!!!!
Former employee (Former Employee), smithton PaJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: drama
General Manager needed serious evaluation!! I loved the job, but the drama and the constant attacks on employees was totally uncalled for.. Hard working employees were unappreciated but the slackers and "favorites" were rewarded???????

February 11, 2014

The GM at this location is just not at all a good person to work for. Treats employees as though they are beneath her. And if you try to do a good job and appear to have a brain she is very threatened.. She will make your life a living hell!

Advancement is available
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Pleasant Hill, NCJanuary 6, 2014
I enjoyed working for Boars Head. Great people, good training, great benefits. I like all the perks with the job.
Not a bad place, but has problems
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: good in store management
Cons: low pay, very infrequent raises/promotions and low value of employees
The workplace isn't all bad, but there are a lot of frustrating things about it.
Sometimes corporate expectations are unreasonable, and they solve problems a lot slower than they should.
A large portion of the coworkers I had would be unreliable and call in frequently without being available to come in if someone else did.
Great place always meeting new people.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Pierce, FLJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: ...
Come in and get set up with my register. Apply my customer service and sales skills at the counter up-selling items to the customers. The people, including management, were great to with with, as we all had outgoing personalities. Which is a MUST for a fast paced environment! Not really a "hard part of the job, but if I had to pick something, would – more... be on the 3 truck days. Unloading and filling shelves was the longest days. I just really enjoyed talking to people from all over the world traveling as well as truck drivers and hearing their stories. – less
Learn different things and meet so many friendly travelers.
Maintenance (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: discount on lunch and friendly vibes from co-workers to customers.
Cons: lack of schedule as far as breaks and assignments.
It was alright. The only issue I've had is the organization from management, it was difficult to work with management because I could not figure out what direction they were trying to go. I even tried to work with them to see what it will take to better the store. I had a positive experience with other co-workers and customers.
Not recommended for the hard working or disabled employees.
Former maintennance employee (Former Employee), Shepherdville, KYDecember 31, 2013
Pros: plenty of free food and store merchandise behind the scenes.
Cons: all sorts of managerial and osha violations in the store.
I am a former employee and "Honorably" discharged U.S. Navy veteran. I had worked for Pilot in maintenance at their Shepherdsville, Kentucky location during the 2013 year.
During my employment at this store I personally witnessed the store manager discriminate against his hard working and disabled employees in regards to promoting his brown-nosing employees. – more... Whom where actually bigger thieves than the customers at this store. – less
Productive and high paced enviroment
Travel Center Manager (Current Employee), Jackson, MSDecember 25, 2013
Run Day to Day operations of the Travel Center. I was responsible for the Inventory Controls and Labor percentages in the travel center as well as the P&L control. A typical day is very high paced dealing with the trucking fleets that use our location on a daily basis.
Good ideas, condescending management
Manager (Current Employee), SCDecember 20, 2013
Pros: customers, coworkers
Cons: short breaks for employees, no breaks for management, no life outside work
I would never recommend this company unless you are single and want to live at the store. Ten hrs required daily however never worked less then 13 hr days. No understanding for obligations outside of the company. Especially if you have kids. Upper management would tell you to fix numbers but wouldn't help you do it or have ideas to help. My suggestion – more... is run! Run away fast! – less
Over-worked and under-paid
Maintenance Person (Former Employee), South Bend, INDecember 17, 2013
Pros: 50% lunch disount
Cons: expect too much from one person during their shift.
Over worked and under paid. Understaffed in maintenance position.

About Pilot Travel Centers LLC

Pilot Flying J (PFJ), formerly Pilot Travel Centers, steers truckers and otherĀ motorists to more thanĀ 550 company-owned and -operated – Read more

Pilot Travel Centers LLC Photos