Pilot Travel Centers LLC

Pilot Travel Centers LLC Employer Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Wildwood, GAMay 15, 2014
Pros: dis count lunches
Cons: health care
prep work for daily use and next shift
customer service
learned how to take orders and prepare food for customers
enjoyed learning from managers
fun work place
working alone ( Being the only one on )
taking care of the customers
It was a very nice job for a huge company but timing of the division opening was unfortunate.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNMay 14, 2014
Pros: liked my managers although they were located in knoxville & we were located in brentwood tn
Cons: no onsite management. onsite manager was released 3 months into the job.
My division was a startup strategic sales division & Pilot decided to close my division.
Fun place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: having to be let go due to down sizing in the department
I worked with venders and stores to make sure that the vendors were paid correctly and also made sure that the stores received the products that they needed. I loved my manager and my co-workers. The hardest part of this job was getting the information from the vendors in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people I worked with
it was a fun place to work because i met new people every day
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Sulphur, KYApril 24, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: could not afford the health care
while I was employed at pilot it was a very fulfilling job. my co-workers were very pleasant to work with. the hardest part of the job was taking out the heavy trash bags. the management was very good. a typical day at work was busy, cleaning showers mostly. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the different people that came into the travel center.
Busy, Upper Regional Management Inconsistent with expectations, deadlines, and follow-ups.
Deli Manager (Former Employee), Bath, NYApril 22, 2014
Pros: pay, work relationships with employees and other management
Cons: inconsistent feedback from upper management and negativity within the employees.
I worked 10+ hours each day, Monday-Friday. Tried to create a positive and strong work environment for my team, which I did, but negativity from throughout the store was a challenge.
Popular/busy
Title- Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee), dunnigan, caApril 21, 2014
This gas station is a very busy one, cool, and relaxed people I worked for and with.
Your treatment and favoritism depended who you were
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Staunton, VAApril 14, 2014
Pros: lunch was half the price
Cons: short breaks, hardly any raises when you received them
When I worked there, the shift managers could do whatever they wanted to. They could leave the job and go wherever they wanted to with little or no explanation to the General Manager.
Good starter job, sucky pay
Restaurant Shift Leader (Former Employee), Fernley, NVApril 8, 2014
Pros: 50% off food at resturaunts and vacation for ft employees
Cons: pay is very low... or was.
Working at Pilot was my first job. It was great. i worked their for 3 years and loved the environment.
AT FIRST IT STARTED FUN BUT IT WENT DOWN HILL FROM THERE
CASHIER (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 5, 2014
Cons: short breaks
COUNTED MY DRAWER AND STARTED TO RING UP CUSTOMERS.
I LEARENED THAT TRUCK STOPS HAVE SHOWERS.
MANAGMENT WAS OK
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS KEEPING UP WITH CLEANING THE SHOWERS. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS ASSITING THE CUSTOMERS FROM DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE U.S.A. AND OVER SEAS TOO.
Driver Driven
Cashier/Deli Hostess (Former Employee), Ogden, UTApril 3, 2014
Pros: benefits/bonuses
Cons: no long term job security
I started my job interacting with customers and co-workers. Got the scoop on what duties had been done and duties needed to be done on my shift. I learned multi tasking in all areas of business in order to help out where needed. I assisted management and co-workers where needed we communicated to achieve same goal "Excellent customer satisfaction through teamwork" The most enjoyable part of the job was customer interaction. At a truck stop open 24/7 you get an occasional driver that wants the impossible, the hardest part of the job is finding the right solution to satisfy that driver. "Hard but not impossible"
x
General Manager (Former Employee), Kannapolis, NCApril 2, 2014
Left because company was under investigation. Decent hours, decent pay, hard work.
Fast pace environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Summerville, SCApril 2, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: cutting of hours
Come in get cash draw go to work on handling customers and in between stock and clean
Productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Marengo, OHApril 2, 2014
Pros: wonderful work environment
Cons: pay is not very high
Great working environment, loved my coworkers and the customers.
great place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Milford, CTMarch 28, 2014
no problems with the company
great managment and great serivce for truck drivers and customers
Never a dull moment
Lead Maintance (Current Employee), Fremont, INMarch 27, 2014
Management is great to work with, understanding and willing to work with you to make you a better employee. The other staff is a fun loving group, full of laughter. The work can be hard, but others will help lighten the load.
work culture was fun.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDMarch 25, 2014
Pros: fun people to work with
Cons: cut my hours back
a typical day at pilot was fun i would go to work, clock in, count my cash drawer to make sure it wasnt short or anything, then i would start ringing people up on my cash machine, then when we wasnt busy i would go to deli and make sure there was food and coffee made for the customers, after that i would clean around the store, and stock iteam in the store that was low. If they needed me for maintance i would clean the showers, wash towels and rags, restock the shower rooms with fresh towels and etc.when i was working at pilot i really enjoyed my managers and i loved my job.
Loved sales challenges in coffee/deli area.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Cordele, GAMarch 17, 2014
Learned so much about food preparation and coffee, valuable information and experience
Fast Paced and Easily Adaptable
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Crawfordsville, INMarch 16, 2014
Pros: team oriented, meeting people, great benefits packages for all employees
Cons: training is a little iffy for managers, everything is a risk
My typical work day is cleaning and stocking. I learned from my general manager that everything is a risk and my job is to protect the company. Everything that I do and say can directly affect my team. My co-workers were fun and easy to get along with. The hardest part about this job varies from individual to individual. Sometimes, I felt extremely under-trained. We had videos we had to watch but they never covered some situations that you might have had to deal with like our loyalty system going down, etc. The most enjoyable part was all the people that would always be coming and going. The customers are amazing and the regulars would come in and your day would just brighten up.
Pilot was an exciting fast paced job.
Cashier/Coffee Host (Former Employee), New Albany, MSMarch 11, 2014
Cons: there are not many full time positions.
Pilot was a wonderful company to work for. It was st paced and I enjoyed helping people with everything from shooping needs to directions.
Better than Southern Oregon Subway
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Central Point, ORMarch 6, 2014
Pros: 50% off food and weekly pay
Cons: inmature managers
I loved working for this company other than if you made the manager mad he would cut your hours and their other managers like to play high school with all the high school students that work there, but for the most part they are a good company.

About Pilot Travel Centers LLC

Pilot Flying J (PFJ), formerly Pilot Travel Centers, steers truckers and otherĀ motorists to more thanĀ 550 company-owned and -operated – Read more

Pilot Travel Centers LLC Photos