Pilot Employee Reviews

Hard work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMay 15, 2017
We also did similar task as loves. Roller grill, showers, coffee and more! We had a subway and taco bell which I did as well. We also did Greyhound​ we sold​ tickets and a stop as well!
Not productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White, GAMay 12, 2017
They pushed for back to back shifts close one night be back that morning not enough staff bad mangers. Pay wasent well I never received a raise after I was crossed trained like I was promised.
Pros
Cons
Everythig
Great place to work and have fun.
Java J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 20, 2017
Pros
1) Scope of company means you can do many things - lots of opportunity to learn new skills, if you're willing to relocate and learn.
2) Interesting work and a variety of people and cultures
3) Good benefits
4) Cutting-edge technology
Cons
1) Direction at the top of the company is poor. Not much confidence in the top execs.
2) Too much focus on cost-side of the equation, a result of poor revenues for many quarters.
3) Shoemakers children with technology for employees - i.e., 4-year cycle for laptop replacement, not a lot of interval.
Advice to Management
1) Apply reasonable rules for co-location - if you support a global team, does it matter where you work?
2) Minimize the cost-cutting, especially of good people. At some point it has to stop. It's a terrible morale hit.
Logistic Coordinator
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 1, 2017
Answering 100 phone calls a day in cubical.
Learned how to multitask.
Great Managers.
Awesome co-workers.
Worked nights.
Free Fountain drinks.
Pros
Climate controlled environment, lots of perks. Fountain.
Cons
Short breaks, night shift, too many calls.
Pilot
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, Monroe, Rock HillFebruary 13, 2017
I learned many skills working for Pilot each day was a new experience mostly good , best thing about it was making a guests day better, things that where not positive is people sitting in corp. office deciding how we need to do things without knowing the ins and outs of that location, the culture is changing hopefully for the good
Pros
promotion from within
social and positive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 17, 2016
It's a great place to work if you enjoy interacting with a lot of people on a daily basis. Also, I didn't find it hard to move up and get promoted to Assistant Manager after only about two and a half months.
very clean nice place to work
Pilot Flying J (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHNovember 14, 2016
friendly staff, cleaner than most pilots reasonable priced , it was a verry nice pace to work everyone was easy to work with
Pros
half off lunch, plenty breaks
Cons
N/a
It was a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJune 9, 2016
It was a good store. Lots of customers and lots to do. Enjoyed that it was different everyday. Sometimes difficult but always fun. Good tam to work with
Pros
Good team
Cons
Equipment failure
Hire people with low self esteem
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 20, 2016
this company hires outside there company, even through they say they hire within,, they hire people with no experience and over look there employees that are qualified for the position, its the good old boys club if your manager doesnt like you you will never get promoted
Productive pllace to work
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Ontario, ORMarch 10, 2016
I personally cant stand that my store is a training store, but other than that it's fine. I like working graveyards and talking with the customers. Cleaning is my favorite part of the store.

Want to know more about Pilot?

Ask a question
Great atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 3, 2016
Pilot is a great company to work for but when the management is poor and you can't keep staff it is really hard to be successful all y yourself. I enjoyed the time i was there, I just got really tired of being the only one trying to work and being under paid for my title and being paid less than new people with no experience when i was there for a year.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Little discounts and not understanding staff
manager was racist
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WINovember 4, 2015
it was alright until my mother quit and we worked together she was the one who got me in but do to her health she had to leave then a few days later I got fired for nothing.
I enjoyed my Job at Wal-Mart. I worked with a great bunch of Managers and employees
Deli Lead (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INSeptember 29, 2015
I did orders , schedule, inventory. I did interviews and hiring. I trained the employees for my department. My team worked hard and we reduced labor and shrinkage in 3 months, Sales increased
Pros
a fun place to work
Cons
benifits
Constant interaction with customers
RSS Manager (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAAugust 27, 2015
Fast paced, must be a strong minded to work in this atmosphere. Learning to maintain a positive attitude when working with customers, more so truck drivers.
Cons
Good
Shift Management (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKAugust 23, 2015
Good benefits good team mates but not good money
Sometimes you get good customers but then u get bad customers. Employees come and go
Productive and postive work environment
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 20, 2015
In a typical day I will interact with 300 customers providing friendly and accurate customer service. I will handle their transactions, sales, questions and or complaints. I keep my workplace clean and conducive for business and ready for following shifts .I break shift and count tills. I assist the manager with inventory counts and orders. l also assist with checking in and counting vendors product as delivered. I train new employees as they are hired. I train new and current employees of company polices. I maintain an accurate till. I assist the manager with theft and loss prevention. I enjoy the fast paced environment of customer service. I like interacting with my co-workers and management. I like being able to move about to complete cleaning needs for the store to look its best. Some days we are short handed and I have to be stationary at the register for my shift, these days are not as enjoyable.
Pros
Hours I work are my preference
Cons
Being stationary on my feet for entire shift
Productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 9, 2015
Could use more team work. Deli work preparing hot and cold foods for the hot case, salads, fruit cups for cold case. Preparing and making pizzas. Using a oven and deep fryer. checking in vendors, changing drink boxes for soda machine when needed. Maintain and organise work station, cleaning and stocking
Pros
na
Cons
na
Productive place to work for. Always had a good day.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chemult, ORJuly 2, 2015
Very enjoyable place to work. Learned new things like weighing trucks, and setting up fuel. Met many new people that came through.
Pros
Discounts on food products
Cons
Out in the middle of no where.
loved it and the people
R.O.V. Pilot/ Mechanical Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2015
i had a really good time. learned a lot. got a much needed experience working with computer controlled hydraulic systems. taking a helicopter to work and then piloting a Remotely Operated Vehicle thousands of feet below sea was a superb experience. wish i could have stayed there.
Pros
free travel, good food, good people, excellent training and tech support
Cons
missing holidays at home
Janitorial Position
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJune 1, 2015
A typical day at Pilot gas station: I was assigned general cleaning duties. It was my job to maintain cleanliness and keep the place in order and presentable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pilot. Our community is ready to answer.