Pilz Automation Safety LP*, a World leader in safe automation, is seeking a *Technical Support Engineer to work in our Canton office.
This position entails:
- Answering customer phone inquiries related to the technical and
practical applications of Pilz product lines;
- Applying technical knowledge and skills to resolve complex
- Developing solutions to support customer needs;
- Testing of customer products;
- Providing technical product training;
- Creating and reviewing customer safety design applications;
- PLC programming;
- Creating application programs for Pilz software;
- Acting as a resource for Pilz product lines.
Candidates must have at least 3 years experience in a control engineering/support capacity, including 1 – 2 years of PLC programming, as well as an Associate Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering Technology or other applicable degree. Candidates with 5 years experience as an Electrical Journeyman will also be considered.
Other requirements include:
- Basic electrical knowledge;
- 1-2 years experience reading and interpreting technical
drawings and documentation
- Candidates with Machine tool electrical controls experience are
Other preferred experience includes:
- Panel building;
- PLC installation and wiring of PLC systems;
- Relay logic control circuits;
- Troubleshooting electrical circuits;
- Field wiring experience.
Excellent communication skills, good analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills are necessary in order to succeed in this position. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is also required. Knowledge of safety devices is a plus. Required travel is 20 -30%.
Since 1948, Pilz, a family-owned company, has been setting standards in automation and control, and is most known today in the area of safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and control products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery.
We offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package including company-paid health, dental, short-/long-term disability, life, 401K match and a flexible spending account.